**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Hercules immortality bug (or hotfix)

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

The Abilities are clear. It's removed by a Special 3. This isn't the first time people have jumped on an Ability that was advertised on YouTube and not working as intended.

the controversy is that it uses the word "removed" when it doesn't even activate
    It can't activate if the Damage being taken is what removes it. Honestly, it's loop-hole fishing.

The Abilities are clear. It's removed by a Special 3. This isn't the first time people have jumped on an Ability that was advertised on YouTube and not working as intended.

yes, we know how much you dislike youtubers and anyone that watched them.

here he was judged for his ability as per how he worked in the players hands. regardless of whether you are a youtuber or not.

the issue is not that they changed him. the issue is that they did it without telling anyone, deleting two threads that raised the issue, and then seek to respond
    I never said that at all. I enjoy some myself. I don't consider them the official source for information, and I go to the source. I also don't think blind faith and allegiance is healthy either, but I don't have any issues with YouTubers in general.

the controversy is that it uses the word "removed" when it doesn't even activate
    It can't activate if the Damage being taken is what removes it. Honestly, it's loop-hole fishing.
    it's not loophole fishing. the game behaves differently on when things are applied for different champs. the only way to truly understand how it works is to actually try the champ
    If it is removed by Damage from a Special 3, then whether it activates or not is moot. Even if it activates and is removed, the outcome is the same.
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★

it's not loophole fishing. the game behaves differently on when things are applied for different champs. the only way to truly understand how it works is to actually try the champ
    If it is removed by Damage from a Special 3, then whether it activates or not is moot. Even if it activates and is removed, the outcome is the same.
    how would it activate and be removed during a sp3?
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,823 ★★★★★
    Disappointed.. but yeah now we know. Still ..
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★

Can we get our sig stones back? The wording of the signature ability makes it seem like as long as it’s not activated he can take a SP3.

But why? The main focus of Herc was his damage. That's WHY everyone wanted him is because he's an offensive powerhouse. He's also a prestige champ as well so why would you want those removed?

Honestly, I read it as if there's an SP3 involved, no immortality. You're being KO'd during that animation and you don't have a chance to recover like you do on other Specials.
    none of that matters. if you're going to change a champ, have the courtesy of giving the option of deciding to keep the sig stones or not. it's not for you to decide why a person ranks a champ.

it's not how you read it as. it was vague in the description, players saw him acting a certain way and decided that's how it should be since it does not explicitly contradict the kit
    You're saying they changed him. Kabam is saying it was a bug. If it was a bug, seems to me it was, they didn't actually change him.

I agree with Rich in that it's probably not worded correctly honestly.

how would it activate and be removed during a sp3?
    It's very simple actually. If the Damage is enough to take him to 1% for it to kick in, it activates. However, everything during an L3 falls under Damage taken from a Special 3, so it would nullify it immediately after.
    The bottom line either way is you can't tank an L3 with something that's canceled by an L3.
    Gmonkey said:

Super scummy to have the CCP shill a broken mechanic that is worded such that you can tank sp3 as long as you were not immortal already. So many whales are close to quitting this may be the final straw.

It wasn't worded that way at all.
    Gmonkey said:

Gmonkey said:

Super scummy to have the CCP shill a broken mechanic that is worded such that you can tank sp3 as long as you were not immortal already. So many whales are close to quitting this may be the final straw.

It wasn't worded that way at all.
    Here is the wording

This wording while seeing how it works in the video would infer on sp3 it should work and only removes it if immortality is already triggered. Most of the people who I spoke to agree this was there understanding. They made a change with nothing in the notes, hyped a champ that worked a certain way as seen in the video and are changing it.
    Right. So people thought he could tank an L3 and keep spamming L1s to keep it active. Does that not sound the least bit OP? Sorry, but that was an assumption. Not the wording. It's removed by L3 Damage, and as soon as it activates, you're taking L3 Damage. Nothing about that says it will activate after an L3.
    People keep saying he was there a month like it means something. It's been a month of bugs, and this shouldn't be that much of a surprise. It's been fixed within the next Update to reflect the intended Abilities. If people questioned it, I didn't see anyone asking here, yet they're pointing out the ambiguity now, so that means there was some kind of awareness. Shade casts in all directions.
    I see. So I'm not in total agreement, and you think making it personal is acceptable. Imma ignore that and talk about the topic.
    The number of times I've seen people jump on a bugged Champ and blame Kabam is not something I'd care to count. Could there be better communication? Always. That's something that's a growing process. However, communication goes both ways, and people scarcely mention something they're unsure of which they benefit from. They just wait for Kabam to sort it out after they jump. It's entirely possible to come here and verify before they invest all their resources into it.
    Holding them accountable is one thing. Taking responsibility is another. It's the difference between saying, "I misunderstood.", and "Kabam made me misunderstand.".
  • TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,749 ★★★★★
    Kabam Boo said:

We apologise for any inconvenience and confusion caused. We have shared your thoughts and feedback with the team and they will look into some clarification for Hercules' Signature Ability description. For now, we confirm once more that Hercules is working as intended. Thank you for your understanding.

ha