**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Input System Update - Sept 2021: Discussion Thread

Hey Summoners,

It’s been a little while since we’ve communicated on the ongoing Control issues, and today we wanted to give you all a different kind of post, where we’ll explore the cause of the issue, what it entails, and the progress we’ve made on our journey so far in addressing the inconsistencies and changes in control timing.

We also want to take a moment to better outline what the issue actually is, as we know there’s some confusion surrounding the exact symptoms of this issue. We’ve seen players reporting issues such as framerate drops or lag that are not related to this issue, and are being addressed separately with some fixes coming your way soon.

We also want to give you more insight into why this process is taking some time to address, why it’s difficult to address issues based on “feel”, and introduce you to a new member of our team!

You can read the post here, and then come back to this thread to discuss!

Comments

• Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,089 ★★★★★
    It wasn't in the announcement so I would assume everything will continue as scheduled
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

is it safe to say android players have been a fake alarm till now and theyre not getting any more compensations? (im on android too btw)

I wouldn't say that. One of the reasons we wanted to make this post is so that we can draw a line on what is and isn't this particular issue because some Players were confusing other issues (like lag and stuttering) for it as well, and we want to make sure we can address that stuff separately and ensure people continue to report other issues without thinking they're one in the same.
    So correct me if I’m reading it wrong, but you guys believe that the parry issues caused by the engine update are IOS specific, but the update to the lagging and stuttering in 32.3 and 33.0 *should* fix most issues for android players?
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★

is it safe to say android players have been a fake alarm till now and theyre not getting any more compensations? (im on android too btw)

I wouldn't say that. One of the reasons we wanted to make this post is so that we can draw a line on what is and isn't this particular issue because some Players were confusing other issues (like lag and stuttering) for it as well, and we want to make sure we can address that stuff separately and ensure people continue to report other issues without thinking they're one in the same.
    So correct me if I’m reading it wrong, but you guys believe that the parry issues caused by the engine update are IOS specific, but the update to the lagging and stuttering in 32.3 and 33.0 *should* fix most issues for android players?
    I think they mean for everyone both Android and IOS.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    vertiGo said:

So in reading this, all game issues that have been around in Android at exactly the same time as the first happened in iOS and appear to be very similar aren't being addressed because they're not the issue you believe is happening?

There have been issues present on Android long before these were present. I wouldn't say it's impossible to be separate.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★
    Cody4prez said:

Lol android players not having issues with this bug? As an android player and someone that's been playing for years, i can assure you, this isn't just a lag issue. I get hit through parry from time to time, parry don't register and stun (i can see it was done when i get perfect block), my character just stands there when i dex back, freeze screens, etc. I mean if you want to classify all the issues ios is having in a different light that's your prerogative, but all these issues popped up this summer when the "IOS parry/dex" issues came up.

They're not saying 100% Android users aren't having it, they're saying in they're beta test, they couldn't find sufficient into that says Android is having the same issue.
  • Options

The resource fixes in 32.3 and 33.0 should fix the problems they've identified with regard to crashing and game shuddering on both platforms. It is always possible there are other problems they won't be able to identify until they address the ones they've discovered so far. The crashing issue has been going on for so long it has the potential to mask other problems that could have cropped up during this time, but look like just more of the same problem. So I would be cautiously optimistic, but I would not presume that the solution to any problem will eliminate all observed problems on both platforms.
  • Options
    IRQIRQ Posts: 305 ★★
    Now you left me anxious. I have an android device and I can't tell whether there actually was any issue on the game's side or if it's just me getting old and losing reflexes. Though given that most of my problems look like opponents' actions being mistimed and many people reporting the same thing at the same time, I'm inclined to go with the former.

Anyway good to see where we are with this. And frankly, with the last couple of weeks in general the playerbase needed this kind of info.