**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Guillotine, A community choice champ and nerf? Are u happy with this buff?

Comments

• BendyBendy Posts: 3,350 ★★★★★
    I kinda like the buff only thing i hate is theres no way to increase the bleed curse which seems to be her source of damage and the heavy attack not sure its good enough since it doesnt state if hit with first or last hit activates the bleed curse since been practising it,

Overall it isnt a bad buff just the main issue wasnt resolved which was the utility she has better regen reversal which to me is still outdated since so many heal reverse now that its quite pointless.

Do i want a rebuff for her is hard to say since i do like this buff a lot but id like to have utility bleed curse activates on both parts of the heavy so u can get the nice damage and some sort of utility as i dont care about regen as i played her unduped as a 6 r3. If she was rebuffed then yeah i want to see the utility added so she can do more parts than just a fun champ to play here and there like rol farming
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    I think her buff is ok , i wouldn't call it an overhaul thou seems like a moderate update, this champ was chosen by the community months ago and to release something where its hard to be excited about is very underwhelming, like if it was just an value only update i would be ok with it but for something the community voted on with high expectation this is an huge disappointment and i really find it hard that anyone that enjoy playing this game test the buff version of the champ and said man i cant wait to release this, the community going to love her new kit, to be honest there's some to like but nothing to "wow" anyone, she's actually worst if you ask me than before after all my pre and post buff testing i found nothing where i can say man this is good. Please no more community Vote Buff its a waste of time and a let down for the community.
  • mbracembrace Posts: 827 ★★★
    I took her against WS with an optimal team, and she is slightly above average for damage. However, her general lack of mystic utility and utility in general makes her an average champ at best.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Tostig32 said:

Will post here since kabam deleted the last guilly thread before I pressed post lol, gotta save those posts cos kabam be deleting threads

Firstly, they said they would never do something on the levle of Magneto ever again. So not only do we know that won't happen again but they know what is a good and what is a bad buff.

The problem is, it should be impossible to do a job this terrible when the expectation is so damn clear. You dont get a pat on the back for not screwing up your job. Its your job, its expected that you dont mess it up. The glaring part is, it should not be possible for any random MCOC player to create a more comprehensive buff in 5 minutes at 20% brainpower than a paid champion designer in three months of work. With this Guilly buff it looks like it was created by someone who's probably never played Guilly

It was an extremely simple target in terms of, "make her better" We shouldn't be arguing whether its better or worse....it was meant to be a champion buff, same horrible situation they found themselves in with Hood.

Also, the interview with ProffHoff and Kabambroccoli where we found out that theres a balance team responsible for ensuring champions coming into the game are reviewed to make sure they are balanced. It's not too much of a logical leap to say there would be similar for buffs.

How can you not be embarassed that you operate knowing if what you create is too overpowered, it will likely be balanced before entering the contest, and this is what you create?

The whole champion design team is not inept, but they are by no means competent,
    Dare devil HK (embarassing), gamora, Hood, Nova, arguably black panther classic, Civil warrior isnt horrible but makes no sense mechanically, Guilly.

Watch kabam release in their typical lazy and toxic fashion that they "listened to us" so will reduce buff cadence to 1 per month to "really focus on quality". Same garbage they said before then in two consecutive months released two dreadful buffs.

DDHK, BP, The Hood and Civil Warrior are all great champions now though. Just because you don't like them/don't use them doesn't mean they aren't.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Community votes for guillotine instead of antman. Those are upset with buff, I personally have no stake in this what so ever lmao. She wasn’t used before, she won’t be used now. No skin off my back but perhaps next time there is a vote people will think differently on who to vote for.

Enjoy the fight to “fix” guillotine lmao.

That is a very narrow minded view. Who is to say this is not an indicator for things to come.
    Narrow minded? There are very few overhaul buffs that haven’t made the champion a lot better. This is just an example of what happens when people don’t anticipate getting what they don’t like. It was narrow minded to vote guilly initially, me not fighting for her to be “fixed” isn’t narrow mind. That’s me drawing a line in the sand and separating those that made the mistake to those that didn’t. Everyone knew guillotine had more usages then antman, everyone knew she wasn’t useless. Narrow minded voting caused this situation.

False. Maybe that is your opinion, but it isnt mine. Guilly needed some changes to become more consistent, and Kabam has consistently added to existing abilities to make them better, not butchered it completely. So yes, you are narrow minded. You wanted Antman to win, and it didnt happen. Get over it.

No, not narrow minded at all. Idc who won, I’m not the one on here complaining about her rework. I stated she didn’t need the overhaul, I didn’t say she didn’t need a buff. It mattered not to me who won this is not what I am basing my conversation on right now. But you are which is strange. 🧐 Maybe you had too much riding on this horse to see the bigger picture. Neither antman or guillotine would have made much of a difference on my roster. I’m not making this personal other then my POV that she didn’t need an overhaul.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

Jaded said:

Texas_11 said:

I like her

Careful, if you disagree with the majority in this area you’ll be bullied to see it their way with disagree spams 🤣🤣
    People just bandwagon on what someone else says welcome to the internet man. She is clearly better then before , only thing I would say is maybe put her synergies into her kit.

No one has used gully since ROL Wolverine and she was a crappy synergy piece to have around.

Her heal is better because it’s more consistent, so you net more overall. I’m not sure why people go straight to the negatives. People didn’t even know you could stack her stuff, then when they realize , they say her play style is too heavy dependent. Every mutant has this play style.

She can do what she does better than before. Not to mention her soul mechanic is way better.

Lately it just seems that people want to grab their pitchforks because it’s the thing to do on Mcoc forums. Realistically , no one is going to use her that wasn’t using her before, this is for growing players who need help with their rosters.

I agree with you full heartedly.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Jaded said:

Texas_11 said:

Jaded said:

Texas_11 said:

I like her

Careful, if you disagree with the majority in this area you’ll be bullied to see it their way with disagree spams 🤣🤣
    People just bandwagon on what someone else says welcome to the internet man. She is clearly better then before , only thing I would say is maybe put her synergies into her kit.

No one has used gully since ROL Wolverine and she was a crappy synergy piece to have around.

Her heal is better because it’s more consistent, so you net more overall. I’m not sure why people go straight to the negatives. People didn’t even know you could stack her stuff, then when they realize , they say her play style is too heavy dependent. Every mutant has this play style.

She can do what she does better than before. Not to mention her soul mechanic is way better.

Lately it just seems that people want to grab their pitchforks because it’s the thing to do on Mcoc forums. Realistically , no one is going to use her that wasn’t using her before, this is for growing players who need help with their rosters.

I agree with you full heartedly.
    I also like to follow this up with saying a uncollected buddy of mine who is in his way to TB loves that she is now a candidate for him. At his level, healing is so important. He is not on forums to track anything really didn’t know she was buffed until Kabam sent out the email.

All I’m saying is the forums is such a small place on Mcoc compared to how many people play the game.
    Sungj said:

Texas_11 said:

I’m not sure if people disagree with me or not, but if it helps at least one person get through content it was a successful buff.

You're literally just wrong. People did the math and her heal is objectively nerfed significantly. It's not even debatable at 4 soul charges which is her old base amount she healed more than she does now, at 10 souls plus her old healing was literally 3-4 times more potent. And those pics you posted the old guillotine could take down ROL fights in 49 hits at rank 2 and in under 50 seconds. Her damage has objectively been nerfed.

She is worse at doing what she used to do. She has less damage, procs less bleeds and has a more impractical play style.

Wow also her soul mechanic is worse. Literally every part of your post is incorrect. Yes they're "permanent" so on paper it seems better but you consume so many of them per special and it's even harder to build back up then before. You get long luls of being stuck on 1-6 charges and getting no damage because of it.

Growing players would've benefitted more from pre-nerf guillotine lmao, she literally doesn't do anything better post buff and her only use pre buff was that she had insane damage potential with 2 synergy partners
    I’m sorry. I just don’t agree with this and my testing has been extensive. If you think she is worse then you are entitled to your own opinion. Some argue hood was better before as well and they are also entitled to their opinion.

1.) From my testing the heal was inconsistent, and is Improved.

2.) This was a R1 Gully.

3.) I go with SP2 play style and have no problem keeping up the souls at 10-15.

4.) Not sure how you can tell me every part of my post is incorrect when you simply just disagree. I did testing and didn’t find this gully being worse than the new gully.

Texas_11 said:

Jaded said:

Texas_11 said:

I like her

I’m not sure if people disagree with me or not, but if it helps at least one person get through content it was a successful buff.

it didnt do much as a buff. she needed more utility and better damage. but they removed many things from her. also if this for growing players, why the hell she is available as 6 star?? i doubt that growing players need 6 star version of this. want to know what the removed from her?? fine i tell you

her big healing was removed. instead they added a 2% healing that dont do much at all.
    sp3 is useless now. they removed one of her best piece of ability she had.
    lower chance for making opponent bleed.
    adding pain link which very useless since it doesnt reduce the incoming debuffs.
    also what about her utility? i dont see it anywhere at all. all she has is heal reversal which she had before. when people vote for something, they expect the best not the worst. some people like it? fine. but many dont. and this means kabam need to do something about it!
    That’s the thing , who is many? The forums? Some YouTubers? The real question is , is this champ going to be more valued in the early stages of the game. The answer for me is yes.

Take a champ like Diablo, will he be super good early game , probably not because he needs suicides to be great and a decent sig.

If we went off the what the forums and YouTubers said , antman would be the champ we are discussing at the moment. The truth is it’s a large amount of people who are actually benefiting from this buff.

I have said already , I do believe they should add her synergies into her kit. But overall I’m happy with the buff. Will I R3 her ? No. I’m happy I took my Hood up over her, as I had a little FOMO.
  • EgretM4EgretM4 Posts: 172 ★★
    Old guillotine abilities plus
    First ten souls don’t expire same as new guillotine
    Sp1 gets a fate seal doesn’t cost souls
    Sp2 and sp3 same as old
    Bump damage a bit, add percent chance for critical bleed into her base kit.
    Old guillotine regen but raise chance to proc. Keep old ability to increase regen based on souls.
    I think that would’ve been a solid buff. Gain some utility and damage. Keep the things we liked about her and bump it up a bit to make people want to rank her and it wouldn’t make her overpowered
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    The overall rework is fine

The regen happen more often than before, even if it is less than before
    The bleed are more powerful and happen more often.
    the Bleed can become degen if duped.
    The SP2 still reverse regen
    The SP3 is...weird ! it does nearly no damage