**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Guillotine, A community choice champ and nerf? Are u happy with this buff?

Comments

• Not sure if it was bugged earlier but I did WS in 117 hits vs 230 . The bleed curse was not working on my Galaxy s21ultra but does on my s9+ weird
  • Nix2222Nix2222 Posts: 121 ★★★
    Wicket329 said:

A note for both sides of this argument:

Everybody keeps using RoL Winter Soldier as a benchmark for new Guilly. What she can do now vs. what she could do before. I believe this is a fundamentally misguided approach.

I think the real question as to whether this is a successful buff is whether or not she can take *any* fights she couldn’t have before her overhaul. That is what I, personally, measure a successful buff by. Is there any content where she previously struggled that she now soars?

I have my feelings on the answers, but I do not have the champion at a high level to test with. If anybody else does and has an area in mind where New Guilly excels where Old Guilly did not, I’d be very interested in your feedback.

Wholeheartedly agree and I’d add the question of whether there were fights/situations she did well at before that she can’t do now. This buff has changed her dynamics to where I’d like to see her tested for practicality in more than just ROL fights. I fully trust the judgement of a few folks in this conversation to have my leanings but I’m sure we’ll have more proof as time unfolds.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,998 ★★★★★
    Nix2222 said:

Wicket329 said:

Everybody keeps using RoL Winter Soldier as a benchmark for new Guilly. What she can do now vs. what she could do before. I believe this is a fundamentally misguided approach.

I think the real question as to whether this is a successful buff is whether or not she can take *any* fights she couldn’t have before her overhaul. That is what I, personally, measure a successful buff by. Is there any content where she previously struggled that she now soars?

I have my feelings on the answers, but I do not have the champion at a high level to test with. If anybody else does and has an area in mind where New Guilly excels where Old Guilly did not, I’d be very interested in your feedback.

Wholeheartedly agree and I’d add the question of whether there were fights/situations she did well at before that she can’t do now. This buff has changed her dynamics to where I’d like to see her tested for practicality in more than just ROL fights. I fully trust the judgement of a few folks in this conversation to have my leanings but I’m sure we’ll have more proof as time unfolds.
    I couldn’t think of any examples of this when I originally posed my question, but now I might have one: Gimme.

Now, if new Guilly works as stated, she could create an infinite feedback loop that one-shots the Gimme node. She heals for 2% of all damage dealt to the opponent, Gimme deals damage to the opponent based on your healing. I don’t have the means to test this, but I get the feeling that this doesn’t happen.

Old Guilly, however, could seriously nuke an opponent down on Gimme. She lands a crit with 0-7 souls, steals 55% health. The damage done by Gimme then increases her soul count, making her more likely to crit and if she now has 8-12 souls she heals for 110%, thereby increasing the damage done. Because she could heal a dramatically larger chunk at a time, she was (arguably) better equipped for that particular node.

If somebody could test new Guilly on that node, I’d love to hear how she does.
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    The regen is not so bad
    2% of any damage, that meean blows, bleed, inverted regen etc…
    Could be quite nice

Wicket329 said:

Nix2222 said:

Wicket329 said:

I couldn’t think of any examples of this when I originally posed my question, but now I might have one: Gimme.

Now, if new Guilly works as stated, she could create an infinite feedback loop that one-shots the Gimme node. She heals for 2% of all damage dealt to the opponent, Gimme deals damage to the opponent based on your healing. I don’t have the means to test this, but I get the feeling that this doesn’t happen.

Old Guilly, however, could seriously nuke an opponent down on Gimme. She lands a crit with 0-7 souls, steals 55% health. The damage done by Gimme then increases her soul count, making her more likely to crit and if she now has 8-12 souls she heals for 110%, thereby increasing the damage done. Because she could heal a dramatically larger chunk at a time, she was (arguably) better equipped for that particular node.

If somebody could test new Guilly on that node, I’d love to hear how she does.
    Just tested this for you, it doesn’t one shot it, not does the damage or healing ramp up. It’s a constant stream of damage and healing but it doesn’t seem to increase. Maybe it’s because I’m running suicides so I had the willpower healing at the start of the fight, that potentially messed with the interaction
    It could also be that because you only heal for 2% of damage done, the damage rapidly dwindles down to the quantum realm. You only heal like 40 per hit from what I’ve seen. So then you do whatever multiplier of that Gimme gives you as damage, then heal 2% of that, then multiplied damage, 2% heal, ad infinitum. Technically unending, but incredibly small numbers after a few reflections.
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    Texas_11 said:

Jaded said:

Texas_11 said:

I like her

Careful, if you disagree with the majority in this area you’ll be bullied to see it their way with disagree spams 🤣🤣
    I’m not sure if people disagree with me or not, but if it helps at least one person get through content it was a successful buff.

No one has used gully since ROL Wolverine and she was a crappy synergy piece to have around.

Her heal is better because it’s more consistent, so you net more overall. I’m not sure why people go straight to the negatives. People didn’t even know you could stack her stuff, then when they realize , they say her play style is too heavy dependent. Every mutant has this play style.

She can do what she does better than before. Not to mention her soul mechanic is way better.

Lately it just seems that people want to grab their pitchforks because it’s the thing to do on Mcoc forums. Realistically , no one is going to use her that wasn’t using her before, this is for growing players who need help with their rosters.

As much as i agree with most of what you said i would push back where u said its for growing players i maybe wrong but i think most of the players that voted for her in the arena from what I'm seeing is players that has a huge roster already and most had her as a 6 star and also 5 star and voted in confidence that she would be a lot better somewhat of an magneto buff maybe not as OP but close and with her Overhaul those players that was hoping to dust her off and find use for her currently are disappointed because if we are being honest i voted for her in area and it was an dreadful arena with high expectation so did many in my alliance and we are all left disappointed now if you are a new player she's a little better in some area but for most of the players that's been playing for years that wanted(voted) her buff over ant-man its disappointing to say the lease the reason we wanted her buff was so we could use her now and not just for ROL Wolverine . they did a great Job with Diablo no one used him prior to his buff now everyone has use for him same with Magneto, Angela , Falcon and Luke Cage , any many others that wasn't an community voted champ.
    I am hoping now that the full update and EQ are live and the game is up and running again we might see some kind of response to this conversation from Kabam.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★

Kabam, please tell us what are you gonna do for this? Thank you!

If they do anything now, a lot of ppl might want compensation.

Ppl like me who didn't pick her from 6* nexus because her buff is so bad.
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    Grub said:

She’s so utterly bad. Annoyed I took my 6* to rank 2. What a complete waste of resources.

which is why i always say don't do rank up until you test the champion i learn from Dare Devil, I rank 5 my 5 star thinking he was going to be good and since then I've only used him in arena so from now on i say wait until after the Buff to do rank up
  • CarnageQueenCarnageQueen Posts: 37
    It seems we finally can get some feedback from Kabam. It’s kind of late but thanks anyway.