**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

AQ Map (various) Difficulty [Merged Thread]

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    Nix2222 said:

Nix2222 said:

Nix2222 said:

Ciedre said:

It's the most immediate gesture they could do. The package was already set up, so they could add extra. It's possible they are discussing other options. It hasn't been resolved yet. Still, that doesn't mean it's fair to ignore the efforts they're making. It's one thing to expect standards. It's another to expect perfection and give no leeway in return.

The issue here is the lack of communication from Kabam. If they were more proactive, there would far less outcry from the community
    And they did not add nearly enough compared to what a lot of people lost
    Just curious but how much was lost in your terms?
    As an example- I have 2 people in my BG that normally use zero items (maybe one every few weeks). Both boss killers and skilled players. One finished with 4/15 items the other with 5/15 items. That’s just one day. It’s been similar all 4 days. The compensation is nowhere near enough when you add in the frustration.
    Ok, so next question. If they don't use items, what happened to the stockpile they should have from 2 months worth of comp packages we've been getting each week? If they normally use zero items, shouldn't they have them maxed and in the overflow?
    First off, those are 2 of the better players, so you can imagine the other 8 players are much worse off. Second off, to your point, those resources expire so it’s not like there’s a massive stockpile. Bottom line I have multiple players in my bg that used units they were saving and are ready to leave. Here’s some comments in our chat-

yup, went from going almost using no items daily to using multiple to almost the limit of items every day this week. Not a good look for Kabam once again. Smh

This new AQ is ridiculous. I don't think that compensation they just gave us was enough 😩

Like we have some of our best boss killer level players that clean house in war struggling with non boss fights. That’s how bad it is

This is just from the last day. You can defend them all you want but I guarantee you are in the minority and This isn’t going well for Kabam.
    I'm not defending them. I think there probably should be more and likely will be after the cycle ends.

We've been getting comp for AQ and AW now for a long time. Just trying to see where it all goes.
  • Nix2222Nix2222 Posts: 121 ★★★

Nix2222 said:

Nix2222 said:

Nix2222 said:

Ciedre said:

It's the most immediate gesture they could do. The package was already set up, so they could add extra. It's possible they are discussing other options. It hasn't been resolved yet. Still, that doesn't mean it's fair to ignore the efforts they're making. It's one thing to expect standards. It's another to expect perfection and give no leeway in return.

The issue here is the lack of communication from Kabam. If they were more proactive, there would far less outcry from the community
    As an example- I have 2 people in my BG that normally use zero items (maybe one every few weeks). Both boss killers and skilled players. One finished with 4/15 items the other with 5/15 items. That’s just one day. It’s been similar all 4 days. The compensation is nowhere near enough when you add in the frustration.
    Ok, so next question. If they don't use items, what happened to the stockpile they should have from 2 months worth of comp packages we've been getting each week? If they normally use zero items, shouldn't they have them maxed and in the overflow?
    First off, those are 2 of the better players, so you can imagine the other 8 players are much worse off. Second off, to your point, those resources expire so it’s not like there’s a massive stockpile. Bottom line I have multiple players in my bg that used units they were saving and are ready to leave. Here’s some comments in our chat-

yup, went from going almost using no items daily to using multiple to almost the limit of items every day this week. Not a good look for Kabam once again. Smh

This new AQ is ridiculous. I don't think that compensation they just gave us was enough 😩

Like we have some of our best boss killer level players that clean house in war struggling with non boss fights. That’s how bad it is

This is just from the last day. You can defend them all you want but I guarantee you are in the minority and This isn’t going well for Kabam.
    I'm not defending them. I think there probably should be more and likely will be after the cycle ends.

We've been getting comp for AQ and AW now for a long time. Just trying to see where it all goes.
    Gotcha, yeah not trying to be confrontational, just frustrated at a game I used to love (and want to again)
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    jacboon said:

Exactly. If it was an isolated incident then maybe you could call it an overreaction, but pretty much every aspect of the game is a hot mess at this point.

When you've had nothing but frustration for months in something you're supposed to do for fun - and may well have put money into - then it becomes yet *another* irritation. Other games would have lost players in droves by now. You can't criticise people for being angry here @Demonzfyre .

I can understand frustration. I don't understand asking for things that have been said already or things people don't need to be asking for.
  • Ted_n00bgentTed_n00bgent Posts: 527 ★★★

I'll never understand why everyone needs to know what happened. The defenders were higher than they were supposed to be. It was a bug. Someone made an error.

1. Don't need one, they told us it was an error.
    2. They already did.
    3. Boo already did.
    4. There wasn't anything misleading. None of the lower map changes were supposed to happen. Hence the BUG.
    5. They never give timelines but should be fixed by next cycle.
    6. They already told you. Play a lower map.
    7. Don't even know what this means.
    8. I'm sure there will be more comp after the cycle ends tomorrow once they analyze the data on how much it effected things.

I get it, they need to have more communication but y'all act like you're on the board of directors or something.

Quit trolling. You're clueless.
    I would say you are. This is not a good approach to the issue. You can explain why you are not happy but demanding certain expectations to a company you don’t even work for looks a bit childish. Especially apologies. Most companies will not tell the public about their operations including mistakes and over sights. I am not sure why everyone expects Kabam to do so?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021
    Not to mention communication goes both ways. Any movement is intended to be a catalyst for communication. When Players already have their attention and the expectations are unreasonable, it breaks that communication down. This isn't a case of them ignoring people or not paying enough attention. They've been present throughout all of this. We had an issue that took place on the weekend and was addressed on a Monday.
    Could there be better communication? Always. It's an evolving process. We also need to respect their efforts on our side as well. That's what's missing here.
    All this "state of the game/boycott" talk is not acknowledging that they're aware things are not going well. It's not a case of them not understanding the gravity of the situation. You just can't force a resolution where there isn't one yet.
  • Total_Domin01Total_Domin01 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★

Time and time again the community (who pays the salaries and the board members indirectly) has asked for more communication and transparency. And Kabam has responded by promising it. I'm only asking they uphold those promises. If we can't get a stable game, I need communication and reasons. If they can't provide that I won't play the game.

Maybe there's some that don't need it or expect it (e.g. Ted and Demon) but I'm not you and I'm not alone.

The statement boo made seems to be clear enough. Are you asking that he post every dang possible reason that this might be happening? I do not want to know every single thing about every single problem. The fact that the team is aware of issues and is working on them seems to be enough for me. So I leave you with two questions, 1) is that/what we are generally given about bugs not enough info, and 2) if not, how would you define enough info?
  • Masquerade1981Masquerade1981 Posts: 294
    This is what I would expect:

"This happened because we switched defenders to 6*s which we failed to warn you about. We didn't foresee this change to cause a jump in defender difficulty and we're reverting them back to 5*s (or whatever the solution) which is on track to push live before the next AQ cycle starts. We apologize for the mistake. Going forward we will more closely monitor the forums and game during support off-hours and/or abstain from launching new content in off-hours whenever possible. You can always get a response via in-game support tickets and we advise people use this during off-hours. We apologize for the lack of attention this got over the weekend and into Monday. In order to make things right... blah blah current compensation + glory. Thank you!"

It's not that hard and I'm genuinely confused by all the push-back. I work in tech and this is how good tech companies handle mistakes. Own it. Explain the thinking. Apologize. If you don't explain the thinking then people are left to come up with their own reasons for the changes (e.g. Kabam just wanted to sneak in harder defenders to get more money) and can often assume negative intent.
    I indirectly pay the salaries of Walmart, does that mean I’m entitled to answers when they are out of my favorite item or switched it to a different brand? Do you think Walmart is going to give me those answers when I start acting like a Karen? I don’t imagine they will give me the information on their operations.

We are only different in the amount of expectation. I have enjoyed this game off and on for a few years now that has been filled with plenty of frustration. I would certainly appreciate more communication about issues in a time that they seem to be occurring more frequently and on top of other issues. Having the forums helps us communicate these issues and our feelings about them.

I don’t expect anything from a million dollar company in regards to explanations, mistakes that were made, reasoning behind actions or most certainly apologies. We do get bits of these things here and there and unfortunately only seen if someone screenshots a response from a mod. Otherwise it goes unnoticed by others not sifting threw hundreds of comments. And I will admit it would be nice to have these communications highlighted somewhere but they are not and I don’t expect them to be.

My point in my original comment is that while I respect your opinion and your right to have and express it, this post and your response to someone else commenting on it is not very mature or productive. Don’t fire shots if you don’t want to be shot back at.

Yes, we all want the same things and no, there is nothing wrong with wanting more engagement. But I don’t expect it from a company that can’t meet everyone’s expectations. That’s why like in my life I set them very low.
    So your expectations are different. That's fine. I disagree. When I buy stuff from Walmart or any other company I expect adequate customer support, and hope for great customer support. I think I'm getting neither here hence the post.

Thanks for posting your disagreement.
    Good to see we got a couple Kabam employees to comment on the thread, eh boys?!
  • GladsGlads Posts: 397 ★★★

Amms90 said:

compensations were ridiculous. My god. I was patient enough to wait and then..

Can I ask, which part was ridiculous exactly?
    Respectfully, aq is completely broken I cannot speak for others but I m9st certainly used more than 10 health potions and 5 revives. To make it worse these are story quest items, so we need to use more glory or units to replace those alliance quest items. It's crazy
  • GladsGlads Posts: 397 ★★★

peterrr said:

minimum compensation should be 6k glory 15k 6* shards or 6* nexus and 20% t5cc selector... anything less is dissapointing this isnt about 1 bug but all of them combined and whole feeling about the game if they dont do that they are so out of touch
    They gave us a huge package about a few months ago that had a 6* nexus in it. They aren't going to give that type of comp every week. Sorry but you're way off with that request. How does a 6* nexus replace anything that you've lost resource wise like AQ pots/revives or solo content pots and revives?
    No one wants any compo we just want the game fixed. Free of these massive glitches
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,739 ★★★★★
    The one thing I do think Kabam should address is why it took so long to respond. It's fair enough that there wasn't any response over the weekend but most of Monday was silent as well and that stuck out as really weird. Especially since they must have seen that the issue had been ongoing for quite a few days at that point. Just a, "Hey, we're aware of the issue and are looking into it as we speak and will get back to you when we know more," would have been nice to hear as soon as they were made aware of it.

That being said, I don't get why people are frothing at the mouths for more than that at this very minute. I, too, spent far more potions and revives in the first couple of days than I normally do but that doesn't mean I'm going for Kabam's jugular. We got a decent package of potions and revives that at least covered what I lost in the first two days, and I expect that we'll get another package with glory etc when this AQ cycle is over to compensate for what was lost due to being unable to complete content.

After that, I expect an update regarding the next cycle of AQ and how to prepare for that - if it's still broken or if we can go back to our normal maps.

If any of those things don't happen, I'll consider it a failure on Kabam's side. However, the timeline for those things to reasonably happen has not yet been overstepped in my opinion. As such, I'm perfectly okay with giving them time to sort things out.

So your expectations are different. That's fine. I disagree. When I buy stuff from Walmart or any other company I expect adequate customer support, and hope for great customer support. I think I'm getting neither here hence the post.

Thanks for posting your disagreement.

This is not posted with disrespect but it’s what I thought of when you said this.

Ercarret said:

The one thing I do think Kabam should address is why it took so long to respond. It's fair enough that there wasn't any response over the weekend but most of Monday was silent as well and that stuck out as really weird. Especially since they must have seen that the issue had been ongoing for quite a few days at that point. Just a, "Hey, we're aware of the issue and are looking into it as we speak and will get back to you when we know more," would have been nice to hear as soon as they were made aware of it.

That being said, I don't get why people are frothing at the mouths for more than that at this very minute. I, too, spent far more potions and revives in the first couple of days than I normally do but that doesn't mean I'm going for Kabam's jugular. We got a decent package of potions and revives that at least covered what I lost in the first two days, and I expect that we'll get another package with glory etc when this AQ cycle is over to compensate for what was lost due to being unable to complete content.

After that, I expect an update regarding the next cycle of AQ and how to prepare for that - if it's still broken or if we can go back to our normal maps.

If any of those things don't happen, I'll consider it a failure on Kabam's side. However, the timeline for those things to reasonably happen has not yet been overstepped in my opinion. As such, I'm perfectly okay with giving them time to sort things out.

I’m not going for anyones jugular or frothing lol. My post was spelling out what I think is adequate and reasonable.

I also disagree that silence over the weekend is acceptable. If they plan on being silent, they should plan to avoid launching content on the weekend. Simple as that. We can agree to disagree here.

I agree otherwise. My post was saying “what has been done thus far is not enough.” And rather than leaving it up to interpretation or mind reading, I spelled out exactly what I expect.

• SyndicatedSyndicated Posts: 572 ★★★
    RCunha said:

Hey by the way that Torch miniboss is **** impossible Kabam. Wtf is this? My entire BG is stuck behind an unkillable wall of block penetration and buffet.

That is not the real problem, there are counters to him, Void makes him an easy job..
    Yeah, let me take it from the list of champs that I DON'T HAVE YET
  • Rwj_2Rwj_2 Posts: 163 ★★

peterrr said:

minimum compensation should be 6k glory 15k 6* shards or 6* nexus and 20% t5cc selector... anything less is dissapointing this isnt about 1 bug but all of them combined and whole feeling about the game if they dont do that they are so out of touch
    They gave us a huge package about a few months ago that had a 6* nexus in it. They aren't going to give that type of comp every week. Sorry but you're way off with that request. How does a 6* nexus replace anything that you've lost resource wise like AQ pots/revives or solo content pots and revives?
    I understand this completely and I don't care if I see any compensation, I just want better communication and effort from Kabam. That said, compensation is there to serve as a pacifier when you mess up. If you go to a restaurant and they totally mess up your order do you not appreciate when they comp your meal or give you a gift certificate?? Of course you do, it makes the customer feel valued and they appreciate that you acknowledge that you messed up. It's PR 101. Kabam is severely lacking there.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

This is what I would expect:

"This happened because we switched defenders to 6*s which we failed to warn you about. We didn't foresee this change to cause a jump in defender difficulty and we're reverting them back to 5*s (or whatever the solution) which is on track to push live before the next AQ cycle starts. We apologize for the mistake. Going forward we will more closely monitor the forums and game during support off-hours and/or abstain from launching new content in off-hours whenever possible. You can always get a response via in-game support tickets and we advise people use this during off-hours. We apologize for the lack of attention this got over the weekend and into Monday. In order to make things right... blah blah current compensation + glory. Thank you!"

It's not that hard and I'm genuinely confused by all the push-back. I work in tech and this is how good tech companies handle mistakes. Own it. Explain the thinking. Apologize. If you don't explain the thinking then people are left to come up with their own reasons for the changes (e.g. Kabam just wanted to sneak in harder defenders to get more money) and can often assume negative intent.

This is still more of your own conjecture. You want them to apologize for deceiving people but that's your judgment. There was no deception. There was no misinformation. Only assumptions.
    If the time comes that they say they failed to notify people of the changes, then you have grounds. As for now, it was an unintended outcome, and they've already apologized for it and updated us on their progress.
  • Rwj_2Rwj_2 Posts: 163 ★★

Rwj_2 said:

Rwj_2 said:

Nix2222 said:

Nix2222 said:

Nix2222 said:

Ciedre said:

Except that we've seen in the past that boycotts at least help to get them to listen and communicate, usually short lived though. If poor performance on sales means cutbacks or job losses that might be enough to light a fire under their a$$ to do better so as to not lose their jobs.
    12.0 was the only boycott to actually work. No other "boycott" actually worked because there wasn't any follow through on the communities side.
    I already know you feel that way but I bet to differ. Last year's, we'll call it threat of, boycott bright about at least good communication and some changes from Kabam. The result was their big roadmap and at least a promise to do better.
    Like I said, only 1 boycott, 12.0.
    Whatever man. You've missed the point entirely. Boycott or not, community outrage making Kabam worry that their bottom line might suffer works. If nobody ever speaks up nothing will ever change.

Get your head out of Kabam's a$$.