**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Parry Input Issue - Android Devices [Merged Threads]

Comments

• AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Gondelulf said:

Haven't read the whole thread, but my champs are throwing heavy attacks when I try to do a MLLLM combo randomly (happens in about 5 to 10% of my combos) I already updated but it's not resolved. Playing on a OnePlus 9 pro at 120frames.

My man. Yes. I'm going to it only started recent so I'm guessing it's not just my display.

I'm going to try to switch to 60Hz to see if that's the issue
  • Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,384 ★★★★
    I am having longer loading times and more hanging with the connection problem symbol even though my connection is fine with everything else on my phone as usual.
  • NeverWasBornNeverWasBorn Posts: 58
    edited February 2022
    the game is much better after the hotfix but the parry timing is still off, instead of getting hit when trying to parry it's now a regular block instead of parry that happens 3 out of 5 parry attempts. Please try to get the timing right. I am using Huawei mate 20 running android 10 with 60hz display.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    So after Hotfix, much more frequently 5 hit combos like MLLLM are turning into MLLLH or MLLL.

This results in a lot of SP's getting thrown into blocks or getting standing there getting smacked in the face.

So far most prominent on OnePlus 9
  • Scratchmaster23Scratchmaster23 Posts: 153 ★★
    The game has gotten even worse since this so called hot fix, unable to do any basic moves/attacks, getting hit as inputs not working so not completing full combos, oppt blocking ur sp when chaining combo into sp, it's like they have autoblock on every champ, not impressed, also losing fights in AW/AQ for no reason when not our fault is a complete joke and costing us all progression in tiers / brackets for the better rewards, not happy at all this is getting way beyond frustration now for all I speak to. When will u learn to stop creating new content/bugs and just fix the long list of issues that have never gone away........
  • Shakti4allShakti4all Posts: 120
    After the patch

Here are my issues
    Corvus - MLM - the last medium is blocked by AI and then AI takes Corvus to the cleaners!. Issue seen in Side Quest and Cav EQ
    Hercules - Immortality doesn't trigger - issue found in War, AQ, Cav EQ and Side Quest

Only parry has improved
    Dropped frames, AI breaking block continues
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,169 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

thepiggy said:

The thing about DNA is that people like him (expert consultants probably) are usually stingy SOBs who protect their knowledge like it's gold so they can charge ridiculous consultant fees for it, yet he has given it away for free all these years for our benefit.

Well, no one would likely pay for my knowledge of the game regardless, but I think something to consider is credibility. Just because I've been around a long time, just because I have the yellow name, even just because I've gotten things right in the past, shouldn't automatically grant me a huge amount of credibility.

What I think people should take into account is that I'm fallible, just like everyone else, and I get things wrong all the time, but the difference between me and perhaps some other posters is that I don't just say things, I back them up with details, analysis, inside information if I have it, and enough material to be refutable if I'm wrong. And people have proven me wrong in the past, because if I'm wrong, it is *obvious* that I'm wrong. Maybe not to the average player, but to knowledgeable people. Knowledgeable players have corrected me on game information. Numerically proficient players have correct me on calculation errors. Industry experts have corrected me on misstatements I've made about certain areas of expertise.

I'm not just giving information away out of the goodness of my heart. I'm also giving enough information away to demonstrate that I believe I'm on solid ground, and I'm willing to be refuted by people who can spot the mistake, because *I* would rather be corrected than have incorrect information floating around.

If you're not a developer, if you're not a systems engineer, if you're not a game designer, you might have no way to know whether I'm full of ****, or someone else saying I'm wrong is full of ****. What should such a person do, in that situation? They should recognize that even if they don't have that knowledge, there are people that do, and those people will eventually jump in to correct matters. If I see someone saying something completely wrong, that person might be me. But to mitigate the "he said she said" problem, I'll try to do so with enough specificity that I cannot just make it up: *anyone* know knows what's what will be able to tell if I'm a fraud. I'm willing to take that risk to back up what I say.

Do the people who attempt to refute me seem as willing to take that same risk? Sometimes yes, often no. Readers need to judge for themselves, and ultimately make up their own minds. All I hope for is people don't agree or disagree with me because they like me or not, or like my posts or not. All I hope for is people judge them based on their validity, and their foundations. I hope people judge my posts that way, because I hope one day people judge everyone's posts that way.
    FWIW, I appreciate your contribution. We've had different views from time to time, but at the end of the day, I still respect you. I think that kind of approach does well for conversations in general, as well as the Forum. I steer away from generalizations about people as much as I can, whether that's assuming everything they say is right, or nothing at all. One of the things I respect about you is you back up what you say.
  • alxtoralxtor Posts: 16
    After hotfix (Samsung galaxy s9+)
    still have intermittent issues with parry & block..
    lagging was present even in wifi connection (with the modem in the same room) is a risk to play & spend resources in AQ/AW
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

My man.
    Ciedre said:

The parry works as it should, but i still get random heavy attacks during my combos, and it's affecting wars heavily....

@Gondelulf @Ciedre try reducing refresh rate on your phone to 60hz
  • o6m6a6no6m6a6n Posts: 2
    Xiaomi Mi10T.
    Looks like movement window was moved from the positive sign (when some parries doesn't work and hit is come into a face) is changed to the negative sign (some parries are block now and when I expect a hit, I get a parry). It's better than it was before the hotfix but worse than I expect of game. I literally can see how opponent hit me and then I use the parry.
  • sparky205sparky205 Posts: 28
    Still running into dex/parry failing after updating. In AQ, it is like your block from parry doesn't respond.
  • BaarguBaargu Posts: 4
    edited February 2022
    @Kabam Miike
    I appreciate your response on my thread and quick hotfix. The issue is it didn't fix much, I am still experiencing dropped inputs when blocking or dashing back, it's worse in aw, don't know why.
    I am using a Asus Rog phone 2, I see issue in both Android 10 and Android 11, i have even tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling it, no improvement. Tried at 60hz and 120 hz, same issue.
    Yes the hotfix made it little better but the inputs are still being dropped and it matters in high tier wars and quests as one miss and it's ko..please do something...for me it has become unplayable. We are even fine with going back to the way it was before the update as if we missed parry, we could at least depend on Dex or intercept..i see many people in the ally i lead planning to leave the game after war rewards. Don't think many will be coming back again.
  • Gildarts99Gildarts99 Posts: 329 ★★
    I just died against a thing boss in war when I had 83 percent health with hit monkey and thing had less than 30 percent health simply because my champ just stood still while I got destroyed for no reason at all.****
  • Ceo_WakefordCeo_Wakeford Posts: 112
    Still bugged ,playing on iphone xs max
  • I'm done with spending money on revives and health potions and still not able to get through game content
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★

I just died against a thing boss in war when I had 83 percent health with hit monkey and thing had less than 30 percent health simply because my champ just stood still while I got destroyed for no reason at all.****

I'm having the same issue in the Side Quest.
  • Le_GentlemanLe_Gentleman Posts: 34

• Blackfriar63Blackfriar63 Posts: 91
    Galaxy S21+ Fix doesn't seem to have fixed much. Some modes seem worse. AQ parry/block/dex is still totally broken.
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,370 ★★★★★

Lmao
  • MR_61088MR_61088 Posts: 195 ★★
    edited February 2022
    Does War #9 counts towards the seasonresults or not?

That was the war which was heavily affected by the update and Android players had alot of trouble and unnessesary deaths in the war which caused changed outcomes for sure.
  • Lestat2499Lestat2499 Posts: 262 ★★★
    Well they said they would let us know around the time of attack phase starting. But wait. That was yesterday. :(
  • melmenartmelmenart Posts: 24
    edited February 2022
    Parry worked better, but now dex is off.. Exploring 6.4.6, dex GM sp1, on left side screen is "Dexterity", but my champ holding block and eating him unblockable sp1, nice)
  • metalman695metalman695 Posts: 109
    Not sure about everybody else but I'm still experiencing issues here. I can parry fairly well if I'm right next to my opponent, but if they're dashing in or you're using a special, I'm having trouble parrying. Never was an issue before, and I loved to parry specials. Anyone else?
  • Fred1Fred1 Posts: 36
    Hello,

After testing the patch, it seems to solve the parry problem... now lag are back and also game freeze (about 1s) but the sound still going on !

Hope for a real fix with game fluidity improvements.
    Fred