**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Introducing the next Campaign Progression Level: Paragon!

Comments

• Options
    metalman695metalman695 Posts: 109
    I love the direction y'all are going with this, and I totally support the idea that rank up should be an influence on your profile progression. That said, three is too many. Especially considering that those who missed a piece of content with the appropriate materials can't go back and get them now. I think two r4s makes a lot more sense - that means you would have earned one and gotten one from 7.4 100%, or you have earned two, or you would've bought two. It's a great idea, I think it needs to be a little bit more accessible but more difficult to attain than thronebreaker was
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★

I've completed everything the game has to offer. Carina Challenge's included, as well as the Summer of Pain event. Adding that I also completed the Grandmaster's Gauntlet, and bought the unit offers there as well on cyber monday, and 4th of july (although I don't remember if those had rank 4 materials in them).

Having said that, it is not possible for me to have a 3rd rank 4 champion. Luckily I recently got the champion to use the gem I got on act 7, so that will sort my 2nd option.

So, how's that? Even with additional ways of getting these materials than the one's that were pointed out, it is still not possible for a player like me to get a 3rd rank 4 champion. So clearly something must be wrong there with your calculations.

I do believe I missed something. Let me math and get back to this.
    You didn't. He doesn't do top 45 AQ nor plat 1 to masters AW.
  • Options
    Alisson898999Alisson898999 Posts: 7
    The game does not offer a feature to level up easily, even in end-game content.
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,402 ★★★★★

YES! YAY!
    Just one question... the heck Paragon means?
    I thought about a name that is more... related to 7.4

Watch Crisis on Inifinite Earth 😂
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    RicoShay said:

It’s a pay-title. It’s nearly impossible that f2p players have 3 r4s. I always had the newest progression title but that is simply too much. For TB I did back then my first abyss completion. What can I do now to obtain 3 r4s? It’s huge man. It’s not a good feeling right now.

For context: I have 1 r4 and have everything in game on 100% except some carina challenges. It shifts more in p2w direction

Why is it a pay title if you can’t get it the second it launches?

Is it bad to work for things?
    You have to admit currently the title will only be available to the small minority of FTP players at the top. It'll become more FTP as time passes but for now it is a very pay to earn title. No point denying it.
    I’m of the opinion that spending on a FTP game, or being at the very very top should award some perks. Or the game stops being spent on, and people stop trying at the top because there are no benefits.

This is one of the benefits. I’m not one who benefits from it in this situation (not a hardcore spender, not in a top alliance), I still have to get 2 T3As, but I understand that not everything will be handed to me just for turning up, and sometimes it’s actually ok to work for things in the game.

It is really not a big deal that F2P players cannot get this title day 1 unless they are in a top alliance. F2P players could be in a top alliance and get it, but it’s absolutely ok for challenges to be set that people work for.
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    Is there a Paragon Difficulty in the making as well? Sounds only fair and appropriate...
  • Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Whelp, that was a kick in the junk. Pay walled into this for quite some time it looks like. Been TB 1 1/2 years, explored all of ACT 7 and am nowhere near forming any R4. So far have 27K of 45K needed to form 1 T3A and then have to get 2 more (and 3 more again). Have 51,300K of my 1st T6B and need 5 more of those too. Just wow. I don't expect to get there ASAP, but come on. Sucking the life out of the game and I'm sure the pay deals for 4th, Black Fr
    Friday, Spring Cleaning will be another gut punch. Just me venting and ranting, but how do others feel about the requirement?
  • Options
    Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★
    Skydad23 said:

What a joke! You can complete every bit of continent and not have enough resources for this.
    So basically if you want the new progression in the rewards to come with it you have to spend money.
    Kabam knows how to treat the people that play this game. So wrong

You've missed the point completely. They didn't say that completing all content would net you 3 R4's but for some reason, you chose to focus on that to fit your argument.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

I mean if you think about it carinas challenges are a money sack also. Most people don’t complete it itemless, even the most skilled
    People.

Using items does not mean money sack

Grind out units, grind out potions, grind out revives. Everything in the game being able to be completed F2P means it’s absolutely categorically not a money sack.