**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Introducing the next Campaign Progression Level: Paragon!

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    lIPowerIl said:

Wow Great timing to demotivate players like us. Yes I am not in High tier Aw ( P3 currently) and Aq( top 100). Have done all the challenges except Carina which I am working my way on. So F2Ps or players who don't spend money straight up screwed. There's difference between making said resources available slowly than having thake resources available only locked behind skill wall.
    TB came when people could achieve it without spending money. Because content had enough to give you one.

But 3 r4s is total bs. Because If this new event is like Summer of pain then only very few people will get benefit from that title and it's exclusive objectives. Now remember how much gap there was between CAV rewards and TB rewards due to the point and objective system. But I coud understand that as game still offered to get you TB title with your skills and content availability.
    But this new one does not give at all.it straight up BS to say have 3 r4s but when realistically players like me have at most 2 r4s at hand.
    Exclude the deals and look at the all events and content till now. There's no way F2ps and very low spenders have chance to have 3 r4s anytime soon.

I know now some people jump at me saying that SPENDERS DESERVE SUCH ADVANTAGE BLA BLA BLA BLA. In reality it's rich getting richer with really no scope for other players to catch up. let me clear one thing, don't say that people will get r4 materials eventually etc etc. It's still rarest resources ( not including gifting event and 10k unit deals)in game and it will not be available in big chunks. And if this new event as I said structured like SOP, it will be a straight slap to players like me as like SOP, we may get some chunk of r4 material ; after the event ends. I am still hopeful how that event turns out. But as usual it's kind of predictable how it will come out .
    Constant bugs, lags, Aw controversy and now this.

I don't understand how this is demotivating at all. It would be if it's something you could NEVER achieve but that's not the case here. You might not be Paragon day 1 but just like all other progression titles, you'll get there once you catch up.

You said it yourself, you don't high tier AQ and AW. That's not on Kabam and they can't just make a title to fit your individual needs or your personal requirements.
    Why aq and aw matters progresion titles all the time was story based
    Did you read the announcement? This title is aimed at those who are done 100% and are playing at the top currently. If you want more R4 materials, they are in the high brackets of AW and top 45 rewards for AQ.

Read everything in the post. Most of you are cherry picking stuff and getting mad about it.
  • lIPowerIllIPowerIl Posts: 22

lIPowerIl said:

Wow Great timing to demotivate players like us. Yes I am not in High tier Aw ( P3 currently) and Aq( top 100). Have done all the challenges except Carina which I am working my way on. So F2Ps or players who don't spend money straight up screwed. There's difference between making said resources available slowly than having thake resources available only locked behind skill wall.
    TB came when people could achieve it without spending money. Because content had enough to give you one.

But 3 r4s is total bs. Because If this new event is like Summer of pain then only very few people will get benefit from that title and it's exclusive objectives. Now remember how much gap there was between CAV rewards and TB rewards due to the point and objective system. But I coud understand that as game still offered to get you TB title with your skills and content availability.
    But this new one does not give at all.it straight up BS to say have 3 r4s but when realistically players like me have at most 2 r4s at hand.
    Exclude the deals and look at the all events and content till now. There's no way F2ps and very low spenders have chance to have 3 r4s anytime soon.

I know now some people jump at me saying that SPENDERS DESERVE SUCH ADVANTAGE BLA BLA BLA BLA. In reality it's rich getting richer with really no scope for other players to catch up. let me clear one thing, don't say that people will get r4 materials eventually etc etc. It's still rarest resources ( not including gifting event and 10k unit deals)in game and it will not be available in big chunks. And if this new event as I said structured like SOP, it will be a straight slap to players like me as like SOP, we may get some chunk of r4 material ; after the event ends. I am still hopeful how that event turns out. But as usual it's kind of predictable how it will come out .

I don't understand how this is demotivating at all. It would be if it's something you could NEVER achieve but that's not the case here. You might not be Paragon day 1 but just like all other progression titles, you'll get there once you catch up.

You said it yourself, you don't high tier AQ and AW. That's not on Kabam and they can't just make a title to fit your individual needs or your personal requirements.
    Why aq and aw matters progresion titles all the time was story based
    Did you read the announcement? This title is aimed at those who are done 100% and are playing at the top currently. If you want more R4 materials, they are in the high brackets of AW and top 45 rewards for AQ.

Read everything in the post. Most of you are cherry picking stuff and getting mad about it.
    Yes i read that. Thats why im asking
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★

I've done everything and spent to barely get my 3rd r4. Don't see how F2P players could have 3 right now.

Playing in high bracket AW and top 45 AQ.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

I mean if you think about it carinas challenges are a money sack also. Most people don’t complete it itemless, even the most skilled
    People.

Using items does not mean money sack

Grind out units, grind out potions, grind out revives. Everything in the game being able to be completed F2P means it’s absolutely categorically not a money sack.
    I spend on this game a lot and even I didn't spend to finish both volumes except for the SL LoL run and that's just bc I was impatient.
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★

Jaded said:

Idk why progression titles have to be tied to rank ups. Bad form to continue this trend imo.

Because we can no longer tie them to Story Content without significantly raising the difficulty again, and that's not what players want. They are not just a random reward, but a differentiator for where Players are in-game, what content would be a challenge to them, and what rewards they need to move forward.

Roster strength is a better indicator than just having completed Act 7 now.
    In other words, Skills don't value that much but spending cuz I don't see a single reason why it is not gated Ike TB where you have to ton of content or burn the soul in AOL but everyone had fair and equal shot at PROGRESSION TITLE.
    But this one is totally SPENDING TITLE . What's actual hard part you are implying. You are raising difficulty?? But where?? Is it how much player have spend till now??? I don't see any difficulty bar which represent skill . I don't see difficulty bar being high in some CONTENT which offers to achieve the PROGRESSION TITLE. What kind of roster indicator you want???Roster made out of materials which game offers or Roster made out of DEALS and spending money???
  • CΛBLΞCΛBLΞ Posts: 5
    I am not sure I understand the requirements. First time I read them it sounds like you have to have act 7 done and 3 r4 6* champs OR have 100% of all content completed. But from the reaction of this thread it seems like most here think it is 3 r4 6* champs AND 100% of all content complete. Can you clarify this @Kabam Miike ?
  • Alisson898999Alisson898999 Posts: 7

• Orange75Orange75 Posts: 9
    So as someone who has completed everything but 5 Carina’s challenges (split between the volumes), never spent on the game or meaningfully on 4th of July, and has a bit of act 7.4 left to explore, I’m confident that I can have 2 rank 4s by May if I push. One will come from the last bit of 7.4 exploration, one from the sum total of everything else in the game. That includes 100% on the gauntlet, summer of pain, etc. I also have 4 abyss paths, but that doesn’t net rank 4 materials. I should also note that I don’t buy unit deals: nothing more than 5k units for any event, including cyber weekend type things. I also only did milestones for gifting. I do not get the end of act buys either. I might have for 7.4 had I known this, which would have changed my strategy dramatically.

Without any alliance contributions, 2 rank 4 6* champs are possible. Personally, that’s where I would have preferred Kabam left the line at 2 rank 4s, especially given that this announcement didn’t time with content, but rather with a spending weekend. That fees either less-than-planned, or planned with ill intention.

I encourage you to moderate this to two 6* rank 4 champions. This would be similar to how thronebreaker worked: the abyss gave a content-only path to success, and it allowed me as a free to play player to make this my goal. It drove me to content, and let me play alliances with my friends at map 5/6, not pushing constantly to the very edge. I respect people who want to do that, but story progression isn’t about alliance participation. Alliances are something more, and driving a story/progression wedge into alliances does not help the game.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★

Time anyone gets to paragon who wont be next month a new title will come out restarting the progress all over and you can bet the next title after paragon will require 7*'s to be owned!. Mark my words lol
  • Skillful_starSkillful_star Posts: 755 ★★★
    This is soo stupid....like I was expecting them to add this title and have it be tied to a r4 champ but not 3.....this is just a pure cash grab move
  • ToastyToasty Posts: 155 ★★
    I hate how titles have become how many ranked champions you have rather than what content you’ve completed
  • Alisson898999Alisson898999 Posts: 7
    Because we can no longer tie them to Story Content without significantly raising the difficulty again, and that's not what players want. They are not just a random reward, but a differentiator for where Players are in-game, what content would be a challenge to them, and what rewards they need to move forward.

In other words, Skills don't value that much but spending cuz I don't see a single reason why it is not gated Ike TB where you have to ton of content or burn the soul in AOL but everyone had fair and equal shot at PROGRESSION TITLE.
    But this one is totally SPENDING TITLE . What's actual hard part you are implying. You are raising difficulty?? But where?? Is it how much player have spend till now??? I don't see any difficulty bar which represent skill . I don't see difficulty bar being high in some CONTENT which offers to achieve the PROGRESSION TITLE. What kind of roster indicator you want???Roster made out of materials which game offers or Roster made out of DEALS and spending money???
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★

I've done everything and spent to barely get my 3rd r4. Don't see how F2P players could have 3 right now.

It’s unfortunate that comments like these will conveniently get overlooked. F2P players will not have 3 right now. Not to mention, the previous t6 basic and t3 alphas are gone so it’s essentially square one for some individuals to get to Paragon.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Jaded said:

Idk why progression titles have to be tied to rank ups. Bad form to continue this trend imo.

But this one is totally SPENDING TITLE .
    Which title was not able to be obtained by spending?