**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

This October: Trick or Treat throughout the Spotted Dimension Rifts!

Comments

• Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

If you have more than one account, you’d know the RNG is NOT random just based on each account acquiring more of one class of champs for a while to start with. My smaller account got the 6* Awakening and the 2m plus gold twice. Main account got candy 12 out of 13 times and the ONE (why bother?) 6* sig stone. The game IS rigged but you should know that and move on. They are moving to less FTP content in general. That said, the Candy Store is just not adequate enough for the effort put into doing the quest multiple times which is why it’s even an issue. If the store were better, the other paths WOULD be a bonus as opposed to the end all for the SQ…(one sig stone for 3 Epic level fights, though - SERIOUSLY?)

Why would the game be rigged to favor your smaller account? I have had nothing but candy. An alliance mate has 2 awakening gems and some other non candy paths. Does his account get the special lucky algorithm? The quest is annoying, no question. But RNG is RNG and your take is nonsense.
    In short, KabamLNF, yes. I could ask how long you both have been in the same alliance and how many others are in it, as that could count towards how many (that had capable accounts - at least one 6* to bring AND rank of said champ) would get the gem - which seems like a lot unless you take in to account a computer could calculate all of that info near instantly - and programming would then tell it what odds to apply…and so on…but that would require more info than I honestly care about. You also didn’t touch on the class issue I mentioned when building accounts, I noticed. RNG in this game is NOT completely random. Playing the game as long as I have, with the accounts I have built, that has become obvious. I ultimately have the choice to keep playing or not (which I obviously have, considering the time, effort and little money I have put in) I just don’t delude myself into believing it’s completely honest for everyone regardless of FTP, level or whale. It’s simply good business.
    We finish around 50th in AQ. Everyone in the alliance has large accounts. I've seen some horrible RNG in my time which has made me think about busting out the tin foil hat.

Here is a screen shot of 50 t4cc crystals I opened because I was trying to get science. I finally got 1 in my 5th group of 10. What are the odds of getting 49 of the other 5 classes and 1 science? Did the game scan my account and determine that I needed science in order to screw me? To what purpose? I have lots of t4cc. It's not going to cause me to spend. How does frustrating the customer make them more money? Other times I have pulled several in a row of exactly what I needed. Do they randomly switch off the evil algorithm?

I've known spenders and FTP who constantly have unbelievable luck. Do they have specially flagged accounts for good RNG? I think that Kabam, despite all its flaws, is not just blatantly lying to the customers about what they are buying, and that confirmation bias makes us feel like its rigged. I'll always remember opening 50 crystals to get one science. I vaguely remember times when I needed some class and got like 5-6 out of 10.
  • Options
    MikealsniteMikealsnite Posts: 29

If you have more than one account, you’d know the RNG is NOT random just based on each account acquiring more of one class of champs for a while to start with. My smaller account got the 6* Awakening and the 2m plus gold twice. Main account got candy 12 out of 13 times and the ONE (why bother?) 6* sig stone. The game IS rigged but you should know that and move on. They are moving to less FTP content in general. That said, the Candy Store is just not adequate enough for the effort put into doing the quest multiple times which is why it’s even an issue. If the store were better, the other paths WOULD be a bonus as opposed to the end all for the SQ…(one sig stone for 3 Epic level fights, though - SERIOUSLY?)

Why would the game be rigged to favor your smaller account? I have had nothing but candy. An alliance mate has 2 awakening gems and some other non candy paths. Does his account get the special lucky algorithm? The quest is annoying, no question. But RNG is RNG and your take is nonsense.
    In short, KabamLNF, yes. I could ask how long you both have been in the same alliance and how many others are in it, as that could count towards how many (that had capable accounts - at least one 6* to bring AND rank of said champ) would get the gem - which seems like a lot unless you take in to account a computer could calculate all of that info near instantly - and programming would then tell it what odds to apply…and so on…but that would require more info than I honestly care about. You also didn’t touch on the class issue I mentioned when building accounts, I noticed. RNG in this game is NOT completely random. Playing the game as long as I have, with the accounts I have built, that has become obvious. I ultimately have the choice to keep playing or not (which I obviously have, considering the time, effort and little money I have put in) I just don’t delude myself into believing it’s completely honest for everyone regardless of FTP, level or whale. It’s simply good business.
    We finish around 50th in AQ. Everyone in the alliance has large accounts. I've seen some horrible RNG in my time which has made me think about busting out the tin foil hat.

Here is a screen shot of 50 t4cc crystals I opened because I was trying to get science. I finally got 1 in my 5th group of 10. What are the odds of getting 49 of the other 5 classes and 1 science? Did the game scan my account and determine that I needed science in order to screw me? To what purpose? I have lots of t4cc. It's not going to cause me to spend. How does frustrating the customer make them more money? Other times I have pulled several in a row of exactly what I needed. Do they randomly switch off the evil algorithm?

I've known spenders and FTP who constantly have unbelievable luck. Do they have specially flagged accounts for good RNG? I think that Kabam, despite all its flaws, is not just blatantly lying to the customers about what they are buying, and that confirmation bias makes us feel like its rigged. I'll always remember opening 50 crystals to get one science. I vaguely remember times when I needed some class and got like 5-6 out of 10.
    Thank you for answering your own questions. Yes. Progression. Dependent on where you were in the game at the time, what you needed, how often you DIDN’T get what you needed, etc.Yes. There’s a metaphor about the carrot and a horse ( or is it a mule?). Without something more to achieve, you wouldn’t stay engaged. It’s all calculable and a good business blueprint if I’m asked. You seem to believe Kabam as a business only makes money if you spend in-game. They make money every time you log on - it’s not appreciable but it generates money for them in some form or fashion. Why the push to rate the game, only to get generally get more FTP? Why can’t you sell your champs anymore (so you can at least try to help build champs you DO use, thereby making quicker progression)? PTP players don’t even make up a good enough percentage of the players of this game - certainly not enough to have kept it going for the years it has.. You don’t have to agree but that IS what I am saying. However, as long as you enjoy it it doesn’t really matter, so…I would say good luck playing Kabam’s game, but there isn’t luck involved - in my experience so far. Enjoy it nonetheless
  • Options
    Btw, I never said it was “evil” It isn’t. It’s necessary- not even a necessary evil. Just necessary to keep you involved, because you’d have quit the game sooner if you cleared everything sooner. Even I don’t want you to leave the game, play it for as long as you enjoy it.
  • Options

Btw, I never said it was “evil” It isn’t. It’s necessary- not even a necessary evil. Just necessary to keep you involved, because you’d have quit the game sooner if you cleared everything sooner. Even I don’t want you to leave the game, play it for as long as you enjoy it.

If it's as you say, all the drop rates are lies, and the game is actually a scam. I expect it would be actionable.
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    I have 70 million gold. I’ve gotten candy every single day except 2. On those two days, I got gold.

I’m not going into some crazy Q-Anon rant about Kabam controlling the RNG to jerk you around or anything. I just want to say that it’s disheartening. It’s disheartening to have something treated as a rare drop or big prize, then have to face the reality that 1) you missed out on all the actual big prizes and 2) your account would’ve been better off having 20,000 candy.
  • Options

If it's as you say, all the drop rates are lies, and the game is actually a scam. I expect it would be actionable.
    For certain, if it can actually be proven, but to what end? Even believing what I believe to be true, for now, I still play the game to one degree or another because it IS entertaining mostly. I still enjoy when I get certain champs, even when believing it’s rigged. For now the journey is worth it for what I play the game for. When it’s not, I’ll just move on. My point was, in this case, the “rigging” is ****, seemingly overt and possibly counter productive. I don’t want them to axe the game altogether, people may realistically NEED the distraction this game provides.
  • Options

For certain, if it can actually be proven, but to what end? Even believing what I believe to be true, for now, I still play the game to one degree or another because it IS entertaining mostly. I still enjoy when I get certain champs, even when believing it’s rigged. For now the journey is worth it for what I play the game for. When it’s not, I’ll just move on. My point was, in this case, the “rigging” is ****, seemingly overt and possibly counter productive. I don’t want them to axe the game altogether, people may realistically NEED the distraction this game provides.
    To what end? They are selling items for real money, are required to report the drop rates, they have assured us numerous times that there is no difference in crystal drop rates from player to player, and you say that it is all lies, customers are being swindled, and all sales are under false pretenses. Lots of Kabam employees have come and gone. You don't think one former employee or disgruntled current employee would blow the whistle if this were true? When people have recorded crystal outcomes over a large sample sizes, the results have been in line with published drop rates as far as I have seen.
  • Options
    Metalfan5150Metalfan5150 Posts: 1
    Smeagz23 said:

Are you guys serious with this? Not only do we have to figure out who these champions are and fight them every day just to enter the side quest that we have to do every day but now we can’t even practice fight them and have to find them somewhere in quests or a duel target? How much time do you
    think we have?

If you wait about 30 minutes after the start of the new objective, Google search the clue with "contest of champions" in front of it. You'll most likely find YouTube clips from people who have found an appropriate duel.
  • Options
    Magicman20Magicman20 Posts: 5
    Just following up. I think it had been 14 days straight of nothing but candy. Now day 17 or 18 and my candy streak is still alive and well. Nothing I’ve wanted from the store in about 2 weeks now. This is the absolute worst imo
  • Options
    Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    I have had all path except 10k 6* shards and 6* sigs ...hoping to get those 2 as well soon and maybe land on awakening gem twice 🤷
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,670 Guardian

Next time, allow a Rift Path Selector to be available for purchase, maybe limited to 7 times.

Because if they are going to put a reward like a 6* AG or 10K 6* shards in there, they need to make sure it can't be farmed more than seven times.
  • Options
    jaydubjaydub Posts: 41
    DalBot said:

Whomever designed this months side quests: I hope you're genuinely proud of the awful, awful entry you gave us in this game. The repetitiveness is already bad enough, having the same stupid fights for the same almost worthless currency is a new low, which is really saying an awful lot.

This side quest was a flop, for sure!
  • Options
    Priyampatwa1Priyampatwa1 Posts: 11
    this month is making people disappointed and hoopless I am not understand way they are making these wrost events.
  • Options
    FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★

this month is making people disappointed and hoopless I am not understand way they are making these wrost events.

It has guaranteed rewards perfectly on par with previous side quests (actually better considering there are 40 cav crystals available) and a chance at the best rewards we’ve ever seen in a side quest event, all for very minimal work (except for finding a duel target). I hate rifts and I think RNG based rewards are incredibly unfair, aside from RNG from crystals opened out of rewards, but this in no way is a “wrost event”. All in all it is solid, people are just upset that they aren’t getting the top tier rewards every single rift.
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    My opinion
    Is that
    I would like to see
    Kabam take time to
    Evaluate the results of this month’s event.

I think that you will
    See a substantial imbalance.

A number of summoners

Could find themselves with
    Unbelievable rewards while others do
    Not get a single reward
    They would have targeted if given a choice
  • Options
    Caleb1705Caleb1705 Posts: 243 ★★
    edited October 2022

It has guaranteed rewards perfectly on par with previous side quests (actually better considering there are 40 cav crystals available) and a chance at the best rewards we’ve ever seen in a side quest event, all for very minimal work (except for finding a duel target). I hate rifts and I think RNG based rewards are incredibly unfair, aside from RNG from crystals opened out of rewards, but this in no way is a “wrost event”. All in all it is solid, people are just upset that they aren’t getting the top tier rewards every single rift.

I’ve landed on candy every single day. I haven’t received anything decent from that sorry excuse for a store. 15k for 650 6* shards and a bunch of 3* from the caviler?? This is the worst event I’ve seen since playing the game. Maybe you a few others don’t get candy every single day but most of us are. We should all get at least one selector
    I've also completed every objective and gotten 20k candy every run. I'm glad people are enjoying roster changing rewards but being sent to a store that already doesn't have much left to look forward to every single day is not the event experience I had hoped for.
  • Options
    Dscott512Dscott512 Posts: 2
    Help!! All I'm getting is candy. One time I got 5* Sig stones. But, the rest have been nothing but candy. It's getting on my nerves. Is there anyway to bypass the random chance?
  • Options
    Madman_marvinMadman_marvin Posts: 649 ★★★★

Finally got the worst reward 😩