**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Day of the Deadpool [Master Thread]

Comments

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 ★★★★★

I think some people are upset because their expectations were high and predictions were wrong. I’m disappointed, but not upset at all. Although I’m not buying any of the unit offers, they are not that bad in my opinion.

I’ll probably get multiple disagrees again. Hahaha.

The main problem isn't that the offers aren't back or not, I've played alot of other games and the common sense when an event happens and the playerbase likes, it usually becomes an annual thing, if that didn't happen, we should at least get an explanation why it didn't. They don't owe us and explanation and we don't own them any thing but that's the common sense. Instead of explanation we got a fourm troll reply ( which not everyone check), 24 hours before the event that it's not coming back without any reasoning without anything similar as a replacement
    So which is it? They don't owe us an explanation or they don't?

Thrillerson isn't a troll, he's been around for years. Not liking the comment someone makes, doesn't make them a troll. The in-game message stated it would Deadpool offers and did not state there would be good offers like last year.

It still doesn't answer my question to you. What exactly do you want them to say that hasn't been said already?
    Alright, I wanted an explanation why an event that was liked by 90% of the playerbase didn't comeback this year, what's the reasoning behind it. You'll now say they don't owe us an explanation and my answer to that is we're not in a court house no-one owes anyone anything, if they want to announce the EOS of the game next month they have the right to do so, so it's not about being forced to explain, it's about sharing details with the playerbase, specially when they're asking for it.
    Thrillerson's post said they're doing something different. That's your answer and you're the one that already said they don't owe us an explanation.

So again, if they gave a reason already, what more do you need them to say?
    But I saw nothing different, the unit and cash offers also the deadpool solo event all were presented last year, so where's that thing? Couldn't the answer be more clear, maybe you understood the answer, but check the comments here, the comments on FB, twitter or reddit. So I can easily say the majority is sharing the same concerns as me
    The difference between last year and this year is the store is unit based vs gold based. Last year we could buy offers with gold.

Yes, the event was very positive for the players but there were complaints about not having enough gold or not being able to use other forms of currency. They did it differently this year as if you're buying the unit store offers, you can get the offers for units in the specialty store.

Was it something they needed to do? Maybe, maybe not. Last year the event was a complete surprise and this year we got a 3 day notice. The in-game message said there would be offers. Not gold offers.
  • Options
    TheLightBringerTheLightBringer Posts: 453 ★★★★

I think some people are upset because their expectations were high and predictions were wrong. I’m disappointed, but not upset at all. Although I’m not buying any of the unit offers, they are not that bad in my opinion.

The main problem isn't that the offers aren't back or not, I've played alot of other games and the common sense when an event happens and the playerbase likes, it usually becomes an annual thing, if that didn't happen, we should at least get an explanation why it didn't. They don't owe us and explanation and we don't own them any thing but that's the common sense. Instead of explanation we got a fourm troll reply ( which not everyone check), 24 hours before the event that it's not coming back without any reasoning without anything similar as a replacement

Thrillerson isn't a troll, he's been around for years. Not liking the comment someone makes, doesn't make them a troll. The in-game message stated it would Deadpool offers and did not state there would be good offers like last year.

It still doesn't answer my question to you. What exactly do you want them to say that hasn't been said already?
    Alright, I wanted an explanation why an event that was liked by 90% of the playerbase didn't comeback this year, what's the reasoning behind it. You'll now say they don't owe us an explanation and my answer to that is we're not in a court house no-one owes anyone anything, if they want to announce the EOS of the game next month they have the right to do so, so it's not about being forced to explain, it's about sharing details with the playerbase, specially when they're asking for it.
    Thrillerson's post said they're doing something different. That's your answer and you're the one that already said they don't owe us an explanation.

But I saw nothing different, the unit and cash offers also the deadpool solo event all were presented last year, so where's that thing? Couldn't the answer be more clear, maybe you understood the answer, but check the comments here, the comments on FB, twitter or reddit. So I can easily say the majority is sharing the same concerns as me
    The difference between last year and this year is the store is unit based vs gold based. Last year we could buy offers with gold.

Yes, the event was very positive for the players but there were complaints about not having enough gold or not being able to use other forms of currency. They did it differently this year as if you're buying the unit store offers, you can get the offers for units in the specialty store.

Was it something they needed to do? Maybe, maybe not. Last year the event was a complete surprise and this year we got a 3 day notice. The in-game message said there would be offers. Not gold offers.
    I need to correct here by saying that last year there was units store as well, you can check it on YouTube as well, so the only difference as I said is they removed the gold offers -without replacing it with anything-, and honestly that's all I can say on the subject or else we'll be running in circles, you can have a different pov and I'm totally fine with that, and I can have mine to, at the end of the day you're not kabam I'm not kabam. We're both just sharing thoughts not facts, so everyone can see the way he wants
  • Options

I need to correct here by saying that last year there was units store as well, you can check it on YouTube as well, so the only difference as I said is they removed the gold offers -without replacing it with anything-, and honestly that's all I can say on the subject or else we'll be running in circles, you can have a different pov and I'm totally fine with that, and I can have mine to, at the end of the day you're not kabam I'm not kabam. We're both just sharing thoughts not facts, so everyone can see the way he wants
    Yes, it's been stated 100 times the difference between this and last year is the gold offers. Thrillerson said they "were trying something new".

Will we get anything more in depth? At this point probably nothing more than an expansion on the original post. They'll take this feedback and maybe we'll see the gold offers in the store next time, if there's a next time.
  • Options

Not sure anyone has ever described "something new" as something being taken away, but hey you've got your opinion and I've got mine.

Something new means something not the same last last time.
  • Options
    Standardman1989Standardman1989 Posts: 536 ★★★
    Today is a holiday, it’s thangiving
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

Thrillerson's post said they're doing something new
    I saw you said this many times. Just wanted to let you know that it’s thrillson and not thrillerson. Unless there is someone else known as kabam thrillerson.
  • Options
    UgnautUgnaut Posts: 46
    Don’t give Demon Gas the time of day. He just doesn’t get it, Kabam dropped the ball and handled this very poorly, don’t be selling gold a couple weeks before an upcoming believed gold offer event and then 3 days before the event send a joke message there is going to be no gold offers.
  • Options
    CederCeder Posts: 668 ★★★
    We can't let this thread die until we get a response
  • Options
    FigueFigue Posts: 83
    the worst thing is that kabam surely is going to get a good revenue of this offers, i know people that complain but still buy the offers
  • Options
    It was never a regular aspect of the Event. It happened one year. The Redpool Events have always been a pay-to-opt-in Event, and that's always the topic of contention. Somehow it becomes an insult to people who are F2P.
  • Options
    JayTeeBee said:

It was never a regular aspect of the Event. It happened one year. The Redpool Events have always been a pay-to-opt-in Event, and that's always the topic of contention. Somehow it becomes an insult to people who are F2P.

Precisely, this event has always been this way until last year. The gold offers were "new" last year. So when Kabam Thrillson stated that "the dev team wanted to try something new" this year...WTF was new? The buy a redpool offers...not new. Crappy unit deals...not new. Pay for Redpool to enter specific Redpool-centric event...not new.

The insult to FTP players is a byproduct. The point is that according to their guy there was supposed to be some thing new and they didn't deliver on that.

Is old the new "new"? Is that the next illogical counterpoint?
    We can be blasé about what was new, which there were some things new regardless of whether people found them impressive or not, but the response was still, no. There will be no Gold Offers. That's the reason people are upset.
  • Options
    UgnautUgnaut Posts: 46
    I think we all can agree what is “old”, that they are horrible at communicating and its another Kabam grab your ankles event.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    If an Account named Kabam Veritas came on and said "We are clarifying the Gold Offers are definitely not coming.", the reaction would have been the same.
    If an Account named Kabam Sparkles said "Greetings Unicorns and Rainbows, there will be no pot of gold.", the reaction would have been the same.
    The bottom line is, people didn't like the news.
  • Options
    "And then I inquired with them (threatened them to tell me) about gold deals... They said there wouldn't be any this year."

Not sure how that was unclear.