**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Day of the Deadpool [Master Thread]

Comments

• Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,311 ★★★★★

The point is, there was no guarantee or announcement that it would be returning. In fact, they confirmed twice that it wouldn't. I get that people feel somehow misled about this, but what seems to be the ask is an explanation for something that was never a thing to begin with.

At this point of time you are just writing the same thing again and again. What makes you think you will get your point across if you write it just one more time? Maybe what people want is what your are writing but in orange text instead. And coming from someone who has a kabam in front of their name?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    So people wanted it and it didn't come, and now they have to explain themselves? Is that how we're operating now? Wanting something doesn't mean it was entitled.
  • Options
    I'm not trying to be contrite, I'm pointing out the flaw in that logic. Sure, they could apologize for the misunderstanding. Sure, they could take the feedback into account. The danger in that mentality is, "We loved it. It should happen every year. Why isn't it happening?".
  • Options
    That's literally the entitlement mentality.
    "We wanted X. X didn't come to pass. We deserve an explanation because we are the customers. We pay the bills. We add the clicks. You owe us for issues present...etc."
  • Options

The point is, there was no guarantee or announcement that it would be returning. In fact, they confirmed twice that it wouldn't. I get that people feel somehow misled about this, but what seems to be the ask is an explanation for something that was never a thing to begin with.

The event debuted with gold offers. The next year, when the event would occur again, people expected gold offers. Which is ABSOLUTELY normal. If next cyber Monday, there are no unit offers, people will have questions. Did they explicitly state there will be unit offers this coming cyber Monday so far? Nope. But people expect it because it has happened each time before. Hence they will be disappointed.

If customers are disappointed due to anti-consumer practices (which is what this is, no doubt about it) that have strayed from the 'norm' (the only norm being how the day of the Deadpool was executed last year - the only other time), at the very least, communicating with the customers to express that they are being heard is expected. Ignoring the customers is ridiculous.

Using the 'they never explicitly stated so' is a VERY terribly thought out argument. We play the game under the assumption that the game will continue to proceed in a certain way. They never EXPLICITLY stated a whole lot of things, they never explicitly stated they: Wouldn't shut down tomorrow, wouldn't change unit store prices by 1000%, wouldn't have offers this upcoming cyber Monday, wouldn't nerf hercules, etc. We simply assume this won't be the case because we don't operate on explicit statements. We operate generally on a normality expected from this game, except the times we know and expect it to stray from this normality (e.g. new monthly event, new champions, new rebalances/buffs/nerfs etc.). Sure there are some fun surprises, like EOP, Gauntlet etc. but these are PRO-PLAYER, so we accept them too.

When there is a stray from normality and it is anti-consumer, it is YOUR DUTY to address the community properly, and not in a parody post by a parody account. For example, when the gauntlet was recently shut down temporarily, it was addressed multiple times by forum mods. Or when a champion is to be nerfed, there is a discussion that Kabam actively participates in (some times at least). This is the BARE MINIMUM and should be expected here too. Thank you

Hope that answers your question. Now please, for the sake of everyone, stop responding with 'didn't explicitly state' as your excuse.
    The DP Event never debuted with the Gold Offers. It's had several incarnations.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 ★★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

So people wanted it and it didn't come, and now they have to explain themselves? Is that how we're operating now? Wanting something doesn't mean it was entitled.

It’s not even a question of what is wanted or needed but a 600+ comment post at least deserves some sort of acknowledgment. I don’t think anyone expects any sort of restitution or apology but just that we heard your feedback. We can’t do anything about it right now. That’s all! It’s really feels like they give a rats ass about any of the comments in here if they just let it die or kill the thread without as much as an acknowledgment.
    The number is inflated. It's not 600+ original differing comments. More than 75% of the thread is the same circle of comments over and over again bickering about the semantics of what we were told.
  • Options
    AmaadAkiraAmaadAkira Posts: 388 ★★★
    edited October 2022

The event debuted with gold offers. The next year, when the event would occur again, people expected gold offers. Which is ABSOLUTELY normal. If next cyber Monday, there are no unit offers, people will have questions. Did they explicitly state there will be unit offers this coming cyber Monday so far? Nope. But people expect it because it has happened each time before. Hence they will be disappointed.

If customers are disappointed due to anti-consumer practices (which is what this is, no doubt about it) that have strayed from the 'norm' (the only norm being how the day of the Deadpool was executed last year - the only other time), at the very least, communicating with the customers to express that they are being heard is expected. Ignoring the customers is ridiculous.

Using the 'they never explicitly stated so' is a VERY terribly thought out argument. We play the game under the assumption that the game will continue to proceed in a certain way. They never EXPLICITLY stated a whole lot of things, they never explicitly stated they: Wouldn't shut down tomorrow, wouldn't change unit store prices by 1000%, wouldn't have offers this upcoming cyber Monday, wouldn't nerf hercules, etc. We simply assume this won't be the case because we don't operate on explicit statements. We operate generally on a normality expected from this game, except the times we know and expect it to stray from this normality (e.g. new monthly event, new champions, new rebalances/buffs/nerfs etc.). Sure there are some fun surprises, like EOP, Gauntlet etc. but these are PRO-PLAYER, so we accept them too.

When there is a stray from normality and it is anti-consumer, it is YOUR DUTY to address the community properly, and not in a parody post by a parody account. For example, when the gauntlet was recently shut down temporarily, it was addressed multiple times by forum mods. Or when a champion is to be nerfed, there is a discussion that Kabam actively participates in (some times at least). This is the BARE MINIMUM and should be expected here too. Thank you

Hope that answers your question. Now please, for the sake of everyone, stop responding with 'didn't explicitly state' as your excuse.
    Can you find me prior instances of day of the Deadpool?

This isn't a different incarnation. It's day of the Deadpool. So far, there have only been 2 (two). :)
  • Options

This isn't a different incarnation. It's day of the Deadpool. So far, there have only been 2 (two). :)
    DP Events have been a recurring thing every year. I've been here almost 7 years and I remember all the way back to an Event where we received 2* Dups for Milestones.
  • Options
    AmaadAkiraAmaadAkira Posts: 388 ★★★
    edited October 2022

DP Events have been a recurring thing every year. I've been here almost 7 years and I remember all the way back to an Event where we received 2* Dups for Milestones.
    I have been too. Deadpool events are not the same. People weren't expecting gold offers during hall of regenerations as well. Once they called it day of the Deadpool, it became its own thing. If they called it something else completely, I GUARANTEE there would be fewer people complaining.
  • Options

I have been too. Deadpool events are not the same. People weren't expecting gold offers during hall of regenerations as well.
    It's.....literally a Deadpool Event. Is the entire argument in this conversation semantical?
  • Options
    Graves_3 said:

Graves_3 said:

It’s not even a question of what is wanted or needed but a 600+ comment post at least deserves some sort of acknowledgment. I don’t think anyone expects any sort of restitution or apology but just that we heard your feedback. We can’t do anything about it right now. That’s all! It’s really feels like they give a rats ass about any of the comments in here if they just let it die or kill the thread without as much as an acknowledgment.
    The number is inflated. It's not 600+ original differing comments. More than 75% of the thread is the same circle of comments over and over again bickering about the semantics of what we were told.
    You are right. My mistake. If we remove yours and GW’s comments it’s only 25% of the 600.
    Lol no. I understand what we were told. It's the rest of you that have less than normal levels of comprehension.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,551 ★★★★★

Graves_3 said:

To be fair, some members have posted over 50 times in this thread and others over 20 times. That is a lot of back and forth and around and around and overall obfuscation of any relevant point that may have been made days ago.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,690 Guardian

What's even better is Jax just commented on the Summoners Choice post that had 4 comments :D

That thread was started by a question. This one has devolved into asking for someone to volunteer to be a human target for a vent-a-thon.

The job of the moderators is two-fold. To moderate, and to encourage player discussion. This thread needs no encouragement. And this thread would not appreciate moderation. Moderators are not just not encouraged to jump into incendiary threads, they are actively discouraged from doing so. Experienced moderators don't even need to be told this.
  • Options
    Also, can I just say:

the fact that SO MANY PEOPLE replied to the post means theres something to be said about the situation.

It is probably just me, but I find this statement hilarious.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Also, can I just say:

the fact that SO MANY PEOPLE replied to the post means theres something to be said about the situation.

• Options
    DNA3000 said:

What's even better is Jax just commented on the Summoners Choice post that had 4 comments :D

That thread was started by a question. This one has devolved into asking for someone to volunteer to be a human target for a vent-a-thon.

The job of the moderators is two-fold. To moderate, and to encourage player discussion. This thread needs no encouragement. And this thread would not appreciate moderation. Moderators are not just not encouraged to jump into incendiary threads, they are actively discouraged from doing so. Experienced moderators don't even need to be told this.
    Oh I agree. I still don't understand what people think a MOD needs to say or could say on top.of what we were told Friday.

What I find funny is he commented on several other posts and now just waiting for more of the "Kabam doesn't care" and "we're not important" comments.
  • Options

DNA3000 said:

Also, can I just say:

I had to do a double-take on that shape. Lmao.
  • Options

Forum mods,

All that really needs to be addressed is...

1. What was new about this event?
    2. What was the thought process/reasoning for not bringing back the gold offers?

Simple.

Ignoring your consumer base is not a good look.

There are a lot of things that were different for this event: for example the Deadpool crystals were, if I recall correctly, something that hasn't happened before (a crystal containing a single trophy champion at different rarities). What specific thing the devs were referring to is a thing for them to address.

However, the second question is not a simple question. I doubt you're going to get an answer to that one, because that one is clearly a question entangled in game monetization, game economy, and player psychology. I believe the answer is likely obvious to anyone who is capable of conversing reasonably in all three, and would only get the messenger shot in front of any audience not capable of conversing reasonably on all three.

Based on the fact that one of the three easy ways for me to farm forum disagrees is to talk about the game economy (war balance and game progression being the other two), even when mentioning basic fundamental things everyone who knows anything about game economies knows, good luck getting even an acknowledgement on that one. They'd be crazy to try to explain anything about the game economy on anything more than a superficial level.

It would be simple, if there were nothing but adults in the room. But that's not even close to being true. I would sooner be the McDonalds spokesperson sent to explain the new recipe for Chicken McNuggets to a PETA convention.

Also the last time McDonalds chose not to ignore their customers, they messed up french fries. I miss beef tallow fries.
  • Options
    DragonfeiDragonfei Posts: 260 ★★

Forum mods,

2. What was the thought process/reasoning for not bringing back the gold offers?

Simple.

If you would love an attempt at an answer of #2, here's a thread explaining why it would have been a terrible idea: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/316537/why-gold-offers-would-have-been-a-horrible-idea/p1?new=1!

Put simply - they were a bad idea to begin with, Kabam realized they were a bad idea (not that they can say that), and proceeded not to bring them back because they were a bad idea. B)
  • Options
    Standardman1989Standardman1989 Posts: 536 ★★★
    When we know what Kabam said about the ccp that it would serve as a lesson I found it haughty and not respectful of the community..
  • Options
    DragonfeiDragonfei Posts: 260 ★★

Dragonfei said:

Forum mods,

Simple.

If you would love an attempt at an answer of #2, here's a thread explaining why it would have been a terrible idea: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/316537/why-gold-offers-would-have-been-a-horrible-idea/p1?new=1!

Put simply - they were a bad idea to begin with, Kabam realized they were a bad idea (not that they can say that), and proceeded not to bring them back because they were a bad idea. B)
    I think we can all agree that there are all different types of players who struggle at varying degrees attaining gold. FTP heavy arena grinders tend to gain more than they spend. Other players are paycheck to paycheck in the gold department.

They could have offered the gold offers and catered to FTP and spenders at the same time. If you have grinded and have the gold to spend, great! For those that didn't, they could have added varying amounts of gold in the Unit Store packages and presumably made a lot more money off of that than the lame offers they did serve up. FTP gets value that is typically behind a paywall and spenders spend. Everyone wins, including Kabam.
    I recommend reading the thread I started.

The simple reality is that sometimes game design (and offers) need to be tailored around the players who will make the worst possible decisions for their account, and this is one of those cases.

For everyone passionately saying players should be allowed to make their own mistakes and fie on them if they do... you need to take a second to think about player experience and how that feels to someone. Player experience is tremendously important to Kabam as a company - as is maintaining a positive one. It's better for them, in the long run, to NOT put a whole ton of players in that position, because it creates a poor experience for them.

That's... honestly what it comes down to.