**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Day of the Deadpool [Master Thread]

Comments

• Pikolu said:

Needed sig stones and a guaranteed 5* Deadpool is a nice addition to my collection. I also love the extra units. Now I don't have to spend much for cyber weekend since I got most of the units I need anyways.

you just made an interesting point.. buying items today will stop you from buying items cyber weekend in 6 weeks?
    More than likely lol. For 4th of July I only bought a couple of odins for the units. I got a lot of r4s now so there is little incentive to buy deals that focus on rankups anymore.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    Axew said:

How exactly does it cost them nothing? I've never understood that argument.

he might as well just ask for 10 7stars. I mean that doesn't cost them anything either. just put in the code and be done with it. smh
    Yes. Design costs money. Designers spend time and energy and need to be paid. Items in-game cost money because that's potential revenue. Rebalancing costs money because someone has to make sure the Resources don't upset the balance, and if they do, someone has to rebalance the in-game economy, and that costs money. The whole "it costs nothing" argument is pretty irreverent to the entire process.
    There is no balance lol. During the new year event, people can buy as many gifting crystals as they want, which have high tier rewards in them including 6 star shards, 6 star awakening gems, and R4 material, which wasn’t readily available at the time. It’s whoever pays the most. Them making a gold offer for a 6 star nexus won’t harm the “economy”.

They can't just buy as many as they want. Everything that goes into the game has some kind of balancing factor.
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    edited October 2022

If you want to be semantic... it costs them whatever it costs to code the messages that allow you to make the gold purchases. No idea what that is, but I'm guessing in nominal based on the fact that you get a pop up like that almost every 20 seconds in game.

To be more general.. it costs them nothing the same way adding a 6* AG to the side quest costs them nothing.. the way adding a double revive potion to cavalier monthly quests cost them nothing... I'm not really sure how else to explain that lol
    Let me guess.. u r the guy who is always hovering over the repair man...and then if he finished too fast complain about the price?...
    U think the person coding doesnt have a salary?... Servers run on sun power farms?..🤣

The way I'm thinking, this event didn't have to happen. But it's something for nothing.
    As uncollected I can get 1 tier 5 basic + 10 tier 1 alpha for 500 units. That's a good deal for me so I got them and I can rank 5 Tigra or Domino, I'm undecided which just yet.
    The actual Deadpool event is a bit of a let down, but all I have to do is win 1 fight for 1m gold. That's good.
    On the down side I would have liked the chance to win a 5* or 6* champ, but you can't have it all lolz

this logic always bothers me... technically no offers "have" to be made.. no events "have" to take place... so what? To keep a mobile game going the devs need to keep the community engaged. One of the biggest ways they keep us engaged is events and offers. The day of the deadpool was meant to bring good faith to the community and made almost everyone universally happy... to take 3 steps back with something they originally did for good will isn't something to spin as "they didn't have to do anything".. I bet many would suggest they SHOULDN'T have done anything if they couldn't mirror what was already done in the past.
    I just try to look at the positives rather than the negatives, it's good for mental health.
    while I agree on the sentiment.. believing everything in life is a gift is how you get walked all over brother. You don't have to be cynical to think something was done wrong or in bad faith.
    Dont get me wrong, I totally understand the backlash.
    If Kabam announced the offers would be unit based instead of gold it would have helped. Good communication is key.
    They already confirmed there would be no Gold Offers.
    No.. they had a known troll account make a sarcastic comment that was replied to by an actual mod account with confusion.
    That's a pretty jaded perspective for a fun response.
    It wasn't jaded at all lol.. it's what literally happened

The way I'm thinking, this event didn't have to happen. But it's something for nothing.
    As uncollected I can get 1 tier 5 basic + 10 tier 1 alpha for 500 units. That's a good deal for me so I got them and I can rank 5 Tigra or Domino, I'm undecided which just yet.
    The actual Deadpool event is a bit of a let down, but all I have to do is win 1 fight for 1m gold. That's good.
    On the down side I would have liked the chance to win a 5* or 6* champ, but you can't have it all lolz

this logic always bothers me... technically no offers "have" to be made.. no events "have" to take place... so what? To keep a mobile game going the devs need to keep the community engaged. One of the biggest ways they keep us engaged is events and offers. The day of the deadpool was meant to bring good faith to the community and made almost everyone universally happy... to take 3 steps back with something they originally did for good will isn't something to spin as "they didn't have to do anything".. I bet many would suggest they SHOULDN'T have done anything if they couldn't mirror what was already done in the past.
    I just try to look at the positives rather than the negatives, it's good for mental health.
    while I agree on the sentiment.. believing everything in life is a gift is how you get walked all over brother. You don't have to be cynical to think something was done wrong or in bad faith.
    If Kabam announced the offers would be unit based instead of gold it would have helped. Good communication is key.
    No.. they had a known troll account make a sarcastic comment that was replied to by an actual mod account with confusion.
    No, what happened was the Forum Account associated with Deadpool Events, which is known to be colorful, responded to the question. There's a difference between being upset about an outcome, and being cynical.
    I said.. "known troll account"... you said "known to be colorful"... why are we still arguing when we're saying the same thing.. only I'm not spinning my words for a certain groups benefit?
    troll account doesnt mean misinformation account. it was messing in a way of how deadpool would talk but obviously not lying. and kabam jax replied not sarcastically but more in shock that gold deals wont be there. it's not their fault you interpreted in such a wrong way when they mentioned it clearly without any hidden meaning behind it
    so an account that's entire history was sarcasm, pranks, and humor should have suddenly been taken literally not sarcastically... and it's on everyone else for not doing that?
    Well, yes. Regardless of whether they joke around or not, until seeing otherwise, the only thing we can go on is what's said. We're free to interpret it however we want, but if we assume they're not being honest, that's still an assumption.
    If Pee Wee Herman ran for president.. would you take him seriously?

he might as well just ask for 10 7stars. I mean that doesn't cost them anything either. just put in the code and be done with it. smh
    You're going for having a point of view, to being completely absurd and offensive. Asking them why they didn't match what they already a year ago, and turned a gold event into a monetized event is more than fair to ask. You seem to be spinning everything said like you're carrying a kabam flag into war. Why?
    If he had a good campaign and I supported his proposals, sure. As long as he's staying away from Theaters.
    I say this without a shred of irony or malice.. is there literally anything you've ever said, that actually disagreed with an act taken by kabam regarding this game?
    You're still assuming. You're assuming I'm taking a side. The only side I've taken is clarification. I have my own opinions on the Event. That doesn't mean I'm reacting the same. If we're going to discuss it, we can at least be clear and accurate.
    Axew said:

Axew said:

Yes. Design costs money. Designers spend time and energy and need to be paid. Items in-game cost money because that's potential revenue. Rebalancing costs money because someone has to make sure the Resources don't upset the balance, and if they do, someone has to rebalance the in-game economy, and that costs money. The whole "it costs nothing" argument is pretty irreverent to the entire process.
    There is no balance lol. During the new year event, people can buy as many gifting crystals as they want, which have high tier rewards in them including 6 star shards, 6 star awakening gems, and R4 material, which wasn’t readily available at the time. It’s whoever pays the most. Them making a gold offer for a 6 star nexus won’t harm the “economy”.

They can't just buy as many as they want. Everything that goes into the game has some kind of balancing factor.
    You could literally make an alt account and gift yourself as many crystals as you wanted, your statement is false.

Yet here we are with a different Event coming up. You could also not Gift yourself however many you wanted. You were either limited by Units, or money. Those are still balancing factors.

No, what happened was the Forum Account associated with Deadpool Events, which is known to be colorful, responded to the question. There's a difference between being upset about an outcome, and being cynical.
    I said.. "known troll account"... you said "known to be colorful"... why are we still arguing when we're saying the same thing.. only I'm not spinning my words for a certain groups benefit?
    troll account doesnt mean misinformation account. it was messing in a way of how deadpool would talk but obviously not lying. and kabam jax replied not sarcastically but more in shock that gold deals wont be there. it's not their fault you interpreted in such a wrong way when they mentioned it clearly without any hidden meaning behind it
    so an account that's entire history was sarcasm, pranks, and humor should have suddenly been taken literally not sarcastically... and it's on everyone else for not doing that?
    Well, yes. Regardless of whether they joke around or not, until seeing otherwise, the only thing we can go on is what's said. We're free to interpret it however we want, but if we assume they're not being honest, that's still an assumption.

You're going for having a point of view, to being completely absurd and offensive. Asking them why they didn't match what they already a year ago, and turned a gold event into a monetized event is more than fair to ask. You seem to be spinning everything said like you're carrying a kabam flag into war. Why?
    If he had a good campaign and I supported his proposals, sure. As long as he's staying away from Theaters.
    I say this without a shred of irony or malice.. is there literally anything you've ever said, that actually disagreed with an act taken by kabam regarding this game?
    You're still assuming. You're assuming I'm taking a side. The only side I've taken is clarification. I have my own opinions on the Event. That doesn't mean I'm reacting the same. If we're going to discuss it, we can at least be clear and accurate.
    I'm not "assuming" anything.. I asked you a direct question based on my perspective. I asked it without malice or anger.. would you like to answer the question or deflect again?
    I answered it. I said I'm not taking any side in this, against Kabam or the Players. Have I disagreed? Absolutely. I still operate with respect towards the people who produce it. Which is why I said I don't react the same. The answer you asked for is there. It's just not the one you wanted.

I'm not "assuming" anything.. I asked you a direct question based on my perspective. I asked it without malice or anger.. would you like to answer the question or deflect again?
    I answered it. I said I'm not taking any side in this, against Kabam or the Players. Have I disagreed? Absolutely. I still operate with respect towards the people who produce it. Which is why I said I don't react the same. The answer you asked for is there. It's just not the one you wanted.
    I'll try this a third time.. I did not ask you what "side" you are on... I asked if there has ever been an instance that you disagreed with an action Kabam has taken in the history of this game? Yes or no? If yes... could you tell me what that was.
    I answered your question. I'm not participating in an interrogation. Back to the topic.
    Axew said:

Axew said:

Axew said:

You could literally make an alt account and gift yourself as many crystals as you wanted, your statement is false.

Yet here we are with a different Event coming up. You could also not Gift yourself however many you wanted. You were either limited by Units, or money. Those are still balancing factors.
    If the amount of money you have is a limiting factor then there is no is no in game economy. You can spend as much as you want to get all the high tier resources and Kabam has no way to limit that. But somehow a gold offer for a nexus or rank up material is going to “upset the balance”?

With all due respect, I’m done with this discussion, arguing with you often goes nowhere.
    The money you have IS a limiting factor. How many Players have unlimited funds at their disposal?
  • BazzingaaaBazzingaaa Posts: 357 ★★★
    So then......
    ....... How many points does everyone have?
    Whilst you been here arguing I'm top as I've been playing 😂
    I said I'm going back to the topic. I answered the question of whether I've ever disagreed with their decisions, which was already off-topic. I'm not participating in a Kangaroo Court because it has nothing to do with this discussion. That's my final word.
  • JJJmJJJJJJmJJJ Posts: 131
    Unfortunately those pages are just blah, blah blah for them. They don't really care about us, as a company they need just to make money.
    What I wonder is how it’s possible that they continue to do them…
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★

Searmenis said:

Man, you lost the argument. Just... don't.
    There is no argument to be won, or lost. What was literally said was there would be no Gold Offers. So the whole communication argument is moot.
    NO one said that, except if you count the mock kabam account, but that s not official, it's just for fun, yes? We laughed, we had a good time, now it s over, and we woke up to the harsh, bitter reality of this game.
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★

All of these things are monthly salary included. They didn't hire extra people just to do this event.