Removal of Revive Farming and the Apothecary Discussion

Comments

• rischiorischio Member Posts: 163

Here’s my thoughts. If Kabam wanted to nerf revive farming, why not just remove the option for items to be kept even if you exit the quest? That would slow down revive farming by a good portion, but not eliminate it completely. For some reason, it has to be all or nothing with Kabam.

Personally, I don’t want them to touch it, but I thought it was at least interesting that they would remove it entirely instead of making a compromise.

no one is doing this. the quest resets only if the boss goes down so you don't exit the quest, you consume the whole 40 energy (wow!) and down the boss. rinse and repeat.
    if you exit the quest you have no respawn of the revives.
  • Rafael_EgendRafael_Egend Member Posts: 42
    We're going to have a golden opportunity to get a lot of revives, like everything Kabam does, they're going to screw up and increase the revives by 5000% before fixing it to -5000%. Be prepared. And where are my Kabam gauntlet keys?
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 4,895 ★★★★★

Like to see @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra doing all Carina challenges without revive farming!

Livestream please

Get them all past grandmaster first 😂
    They were told not to spam revives
  • Maxus7Maxus7 Member Posts: 40
    I used a lot of revives on Scytalis because she was bugged, and countless other revives becuase of other bugs this game has. its a joke that Kabam expect us to pay money for their mistakes. im done with this game
  • BinkPlayzBinkPlayz Member Posts: 99 ★★

Contradiction:
    Kabam in the opening paragraph in the forum post:
    "introducing a new way to earn consumables without having to rely on path RNG."

Also Kabam, in the same forum post, they introduced a RNG component to rely on:
    Easy - One Path has "a 1% chance of containing 1 level 1 revive"
    Hard - One Path has "a 5% chance of containing 1 level 1 revive"

Bonus Question(s):
    "This frenzied revive farming trivializes difficult content like Carina’s Challenges and Eternity of Pain because Summoners simply spam revives. For us to allow what is effectively a loophole for these challenging pieces of content, we would have to dilute rewards given from that content, and that is not something we want to do."

Since the beginning, people have earned millions of battlechips in Arenas and cashed them in for units and used the units to buy revives to beat challenging pieces of content. Please explain how this as any less of a loophole, and, if applicable, explain how you plan to either correct what is effectively another loophole or how you plan to dilute the rewards. What's the difference between spending 60 minutes/day in Arena vs 3.2.6? Why is one detrimental to the game and the other is not?

Contradiction:
    Kabam in the opening paragraph in the forum post:
    "introducing a new way to earn consumables without having to rely on path RNG."

Also Kabam, in the same forum post, they introduced a RNG component to rely on:
    Easy - One Path has "a 1% chance of containing 1 level 1 revive"
    Hard - One Path has "a 5% chance of containing 1 level 1 revive"

Bonus Question(s):
    "This frenzied revive farming trivializes difficult content like Carina’s Challenges and Eternity of Pain because Summoners simply spam revives. For us to allow what is effectively a loophole for these challenging pieces of content, we would have to dilute rewards given from that content, and that is not something we want to do."

Since the beginning, people have earned millions of battlechips in Arenas and cashed them in for units and used the units to buy revives to beat challenging pieces of content. Please explain how this as any less of a loophole, and, if applicable, explain how you plan to either correct what is effectively another loophole or how you plan to dilute the rewards. What's the difference between spending 60 minutes/day in Arena vs 3.2.6? Why is one detrimental to the game and the other is not?

Can’t have us not using units on revives, how else are we gonna spend our money to spam revives!
  • KingInBlackKingInBlack Member Posts: 324 ★★★
    A good sign of company community relationship is taking negative feedback to heart and reconsidering a major change like this. Unfortunately kabam is allergic to that and they'll just do the standard radio silence until this goes into effect and just shut down any discussion while players slowly leave. Sad how they can ruin such a great product with poor decisions. I think karatemike summed it up well in his video on it. His was short so it was the only I've looked at but I'm sure others summed it up similarly.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Member Posts: 1,941 ★★★★★
    rischio said:

Here’s my thoughts. If Kabam wanted to nerf revive farming, why not just remove the option for items to be kept even if you exit the quest? That would slow down revive farming by a good portion, but not eliminate it completely. For some reason, it has to be all or nothing with Kabam.

Personally, I don’t want them to touch it, but I thought it was at least interesting that they would remove it entirely instead of making a compromise.

no one is doing this. the quest resets only if the boss goes down so you don't exit the quest, you consume the whole 40 energy (wow!) and down the boss. rinse and repeat.
    When the map has multiple pots/refills that's exactly what people do.
  • rischiorischio Member Posts: 163

rischio said:

When the map has multiple pots/refills that's exactly what people do.
    yeah, but it's not the core of the issue. if you remove that you change the farming capability very little if not at all.
  • AldacAldac Member Posts: 478 ★★★
    edited March 2023
    Played and loved the game since 2017 and spent a fortune on it over the years (happily, since I’ve treated it as a hobby). There have definitely been ups and downs and bad periods, but this feels like one of the most serious. I’m not a revive farmer but knowing it was possible to do now and again made otherwise impossible content seem somewhat doable. Regardless, the main issue seems to be their misreading of the situation and the overly adversarial attitude toward players (who are mostly, let’s face it, customers). Considering the game has multiple bugs and playability issues and the introduction of 7-stars is already controversial, this seems like the wrong time to be picking fights with a loyal player base. I don’t know if something’s changed at the company but I get the impression they don’t realise how this kind of thing can spiral out of control and become much more serious than a few players spamming methods which have been in the game for years and years.
  • TheWatcher_TheWatcher_ Member Posts: 153
    The fact that you can't auto play it is just ridiculous and why is there paths that have a "Chance" at getting a level 1 team healing potion. To me that's just stupid
  • Kaizen_KingKaizen_King Member Posts: 306 ★★★

This thread now has 37.3 k views. Have the slight feeling that player base is concerned a bit

I’ve personally never seen the community get together like this in almost all unison
    Ya... too bad we won't do this over all the bugs in the game. Used to be top content creators did "state of the game" videos when stuff got this bad with the game but not anymore.
  • LiquidkoldLiquidkold Member Posts: 200 ★★
    28 pages into this conversation and 1 comment from Kabam. Clearly they need to know this is upsetting to the community. Kind of shows how out of touch the company is. If they want to stop the farming then let us save up our revives to a much higher level. We do not need them all of the time. I find myself selling them because they sat in my over flow too long. We do not have hard content to beat all of the time, so I waste a lot of them. Then something comes out that I need them and they are not there. It is not fair to us. Not everyone has the skill of the top players and depend on using revives. Maybe we go back to no limits on inventory like it was when the game started.
This discussion has been closed.