**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Removal of Revive Farming and the Apothecary Discussion

Comments

• Options
    gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    edited March 2023
    I just want to add that this has always been Kabam's view of revives. If you go to RichTheMan's interview with @Kabam Jax a month ago. They discussed misconceptions and disconnects between the community and Kabam. One of those misconceptions was how units are seen in spending perspective, Kabam expect units to be spent on revives and potions so they inherently do not want us to farm those resources.

Youtube Interview Link
  • Options
    SoazzerMcFlySoazzerMcFly Posts: 2
    Here’s my thoughts. If Kabam wanted to nerf revive farming, why not just remove the option for items to be kept even if you exit the quest? That would slow down revive farming by a good portion, but not eliminate it completely. For some reason, it has to be all or nothing with Kabam.

Personally, I don’t want them to touch it, but I thought it was at least interesting that they would remove it entirely instead of making a compromise.
  • Options
    rischiorischio Posts: 163

Here’s my thoughts. If Kabam wanted to nerf revive farming, why not just remove the option for items to be kept even if you exit the quest? That would slow down revive farming by a good portion, but not eliminate it completely. For some reason, it has to be all or nothing with Kabam.

Personally, I don’t want them to touch it, but I thought it was at least interesting that they would remove it entirely instead of making a compromise.

no one is doing this. the quest resets only if the boss goes down so you don't exit the quest, you consume the whole 40 energy (wow!) and down the boss. rinse and repeat.
    if you exit the quest you have no respawn of the revives.
  • Options
    Rafael_EgendRafael_Egend Posts: 42
    We're going to have a golden opportunity to get a lot of revives, like everything Kabam does, they're going to screw up and increase the revives by 5000% before fixing it to -5000%. Be prepared. And where are my Kabam gauntlet keys?
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,926 ★★★★★

Like to see @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra doing all Carina challenges without revive farming!

Livestream please

Get them all past grandmaster first 😂
    They were told not to spam revives
  • Options
    Maxus7Maxus7 Posts: 36
    I used a lot of revives on Scytalis because she was bugged, and countless other revives becuase of other bugs this game has. its a joke that Kabam expect us to pay money for their mistakes. im done with this game
  • Options
    BinkPlayzBinkPlayz Posts: 99 ★★

Contradiction:
    Kabam in the opening paragraph in the forum post:
    "introducing a new way to earn consumables without having to rely on path RNG."

Also Kabam, in the same forum post, they introduced a RNG component to rely on:
    Easy - One Path has "a 1% chance of containing 1 level 1 revive"
    Hard - One Path has "a 5% chance of containing 1 level 1 revive"

Bonus Question(s):
    "This frenzied revive farming trivializes difficult content like Carina’s Challenges and Eternity of Pain because Summoners simply spam revives. For us to allow what is effectively a loophole for these challenging pieces of content, we would have to dilute rewards given from that content, and that is not something we want to do."

Since the beginning, people have earned millions of battlechips in Arenas and cashed them in for units and used the units to buy revives to beat challenging pieces of content. Please explain how this as any less of a loophole, and, if applicable, explain how you plan to either correct what is effectively another loophole or how you plan to dilute the rewards. What's the difference between spending 60 minutes/day in Arena vs 3.2.6? Why is one detrimental to the game and the other is not?

Contradiction:
    Kabam in the opening paragraph in the forum post:
    "introducing a new way to earn consumables without having to rely on path RNG."

Also Kabam, in the same forum post, they introduced a RNG component to rely on:
    Easy - One Path has "a 1% chance of containing 1 level 1 revive"
    Hard - One Path has "a 5% chance of containing 1 level 1 revive"

Bonus Question(s):
    "This frenzied revive farming trivializes difficult content like Carina’s Challenges and Eternity of Pain because Summoners simply spam revives. For us to allow what is effectively a loophole for these challenging pieces of content, we would have to dilute rewards given from that content, and that is not something we want to do."

Since the beginning, people have earned millions of battlechips in Arenas and cashed them in for units and used the units to buy revives to beat challenging pieces of content. Please explain how this as any less of a loophole, and, if applicable, explain how you plan to either correct what is effectively another loophole or how you plan to dilute the rewards. What's the difference between spending 60 minutes/day in Arena vs 3.2.6? Why is one detrimental to the game and the other is not?

Can’t have us not using units on revives, how else are we gonna spend our money to spam revives!
  • Options
    KingInBlackKingInBlack Posts: 312 ★★★
    A good sign of company community relationship is taking negative feedback to heart and reconsidering a major change like this. Unfortunately kabam is allergic to that and they'll just do the standard radio silence until this goes into effect and just shut down any discussion while players slowly leave. Sad how they can ruin such a great product with poor decisions. I think karatemike summed it up well in his video on it. His was short so it was the only I've looked at but I'm sure others summed it up similarly.
This discussion has been closed.