Costs of 7* crystals revealed!!

Comments

• MrFullStopMrFullStop Member Posts: 150 ★★

So the main source for 7* shards is content, yet, the only content the provide it is in 4 days, and by doing it 100% you get 26.6% of a 7*, then you wait for 7 more months for 8.3 to get the rest of the shards to get 1 7*, I'm so excited 😆😆

If you were honest (rewards will scale accordingly), it would've been at least 50-60% of a 7* SMH

8.2 is the 2nd place we'll see 7* shards. We've been getting them from dupes for months now. They have a Paragon SQ planned and I'm sure there will be other pieces of content with them. Possible updates to BG/Sigil stores.

Y'all make up these weird scenarios like this that are based in feelings instead of fact and then act the world is ending.
    Since when do you consider dupes "content"?
    THE FACT is, it wasn't scaled accordingly, if you disagree, tell me why I'm wrong, otherwise. Just zip it
    Define accordingly. What they mean by scaled is in line with the current availability and how fast they want the meta to ease into their introduction. Not to be an exact replica of the 6* system. Given the state of 6*s now and how common they are, that's too fast.
    It went from 10k to 15k, so 50% increase.
    So if original 7* reward was 2666 7* shards, with 50% increase, it's now 3999 (4k), judging from the numbers along, it's very obvious they didn't increase it by 50%, no way they intended to give 2666 7* shards from doing 8.2 100%.
    Don't forget, they increase the price to compensate for 6* dupes NOT 7* shards from content according to them.

If they increase it accordingly, it should've been 5k +50% = 7500 7* shards
  • bdawg923bdawg923 Member Posts: 764 ★★★★
    edited April 2023
    Anyone replying to me and focusing on Hercules is missing the entire point. Telling me I rely on Hercules too much is also missing the entire point. I would rather use a 5 star r5 sig 200 of any god tier instead of like 95% of the champs in this pool. Here are 3 god tiers from each class that I would rather use as a fully maxed out 5* (certainly not the only ones): torch, scorpion, quicksilver, fury, mole man, shang chi, kitty, AA, omega, ghost, warlock, nimrod, (shocker), cgr, hulkling, knull, Claire voyant, doom, rintrah. Notable mention quake, who is so OP that they are afraid to make even a 6 star version.

Ask yourself, would you rather be using one of these fully maxed and sig 200 champs as a 5* or would you rather an unduped 7* joe fixit, gambit, gamora, Korg, terrax, etc. If you answer the 7* then you're lying to yourself. Just because their base stats are higher doesn't mean they're better.

bdawg923 said:

Anyone replying to me and focusing on Hercules is missing the entire point. Telling me I rely on Hercules too much is also missing the entire point. I would rather use a 5 star r5 sig 200 of any god tier instead of like 95% of the champs in this pool. Here are 3 god tiers from each class that I would rather use as a fully maxed out 5* (certainly not the only ones): torch, scorpion, quicksilver, fury, mole man, shang chi, kitty, AA, omega, ghost, warlock, nimrod, (shocker), cgr, hulkling, knull, Claire voyant, doom, rintrah. Notable mention quake, who is so OP that they are afraid to make even a 6 star version.

Ask yourself, would you rather be using one of these fully maxed and sig 200 champs as a 5* or would you rather an unduped 7* joe fixit, gambit, gamora, Korg, terrax, etc. If you answer the 7* then you're lying to yourself. Just because their base stats are higher doesn't mean they're better.

Yes, yes. You use only god tiers. We get it.
    Still missing the point. This pool is pretty bad. There are lots of champs who are not god tier and are actually good, and they didn't get put into the pool.

bdawg923 said:

Anyone replying to me and focusing on Hercules is missing the entire point. Telling me I rely on Hercules too much is also missing the entire point. I would rather use a 5 star r5 sig 200 of any god tier instead of like 95% of the champs in this pool.

This right here is the problem. You and others are so focused on “god tier” that you are automatically thinking this pool is a fail. This pool has a lot of good underrated champs that get slept on and could easily see more love. If you don’t want to, that’s fine, but ignoring the usefulness of these champs and this pool being actually pretty good is just ignorant and you being upset because your god tier champs didn’t get added.
    This pool is a fail because it's full of bad champs, not because it doesn't have any god tier champs. There are plenty of good solid options that they didn't include. They picked like the bottom 10% of every class to be in this pool, except for a few options.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,807 ★★★★★

So the main source for 7* shards is content, yet, the only content the provide it is in 4 days, and by doing it 100% you get 26.6% of a 7*, then you wait for 7 more months for 8.3 to get the rest of the shards to get 1 7*, I'm so excited 😆😆

If you were honest (rewards will scale accordingly), it would've been at least 50-60% of a 7* SMH

8.2 is the 2nd place we'll see 7* shards. We've been getting them from dupes for months now. They have a Paragon SQ planned and I'm sure there will be other pieces of content with them. Possible updates to BG/Sigil stores.

Y'all make up these weird scenarios like this that are based in feelings instead of fact and then act the world is ending.
    THE FACT is, it wasn't scaled accordingly, if you disagree, tell me why I'm wrong, otherwise. Just zip it
    Define accordingly. What they mean by scaled is in line with the current availability and how fast they want the meta to ease into their introduction. Not to be an exact replica of the 6* system. Given the state of 6*s now and how common they are, that's too fast.
    So if original 7* reward was 2666 7* shards, with 50% increase, it's now 3999 (4k), judging from the numbers along, it's very obvious they didn't increase it by 50%, no way they intended to give 2666 7* shards from doing 8.2 100%.
    Don't forget, they increase the price to compensate for 6* dupes NOT 7* shards from content according to them.

You forgot about all the 7* shards you accumulated for the past 4 or 5 months.
    edited April 2023
    Here's a list of solid champs that aren't god tier that are still better than MOST options in the 7* pool: void, ibom, cap iw, bwdo, hit monkey, blade, colossus, prof x, hulkbuster, stark Spidey, iron doom, corvus, Angela, medusa, voodoo, SW, sym supreme. Please tell me you'd love to use an unduped Korg or terrax instead of any of these though. I love hearing it
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,501 ★★★★★

Where are you getting "original 7* reward" from? There is no set number of Rewards for content.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    bdawg923 said:

bdawg923 said:

Anyone replying to me and focusing on Hercules is missing the entire point. Telling me I rely on Hercules too much is also missing the entire point. I would rather use a 5 star r5 sig 200 of any god tier instead of like 95% of the champs in this pool.

This right here is the problem. You and others are so focused on “god tier” that you are automatically thinking this pool is a fail. This pool has a lot of good underrated champs that get slept on and could easily see more love. If you don’t want to, that’s fine, but ignoring the usefulness of these champs and this pool being actually pretty good is just ignorant and you being upset because your god tier champs didn’t get added.
    This pool is a fail because it's full of bad champs, not because it doesn't have any god tier champs. There are plenty of good solid options that they didn't include. They picked like the bottom 10% of every class to be in this pool, except for a few options.
    When the entire thread is almost unanimously saying the pool is good for a first pool, id say your the one missing the point.
  • CytaCyta Member Posts: 101

So for 4 months of accumulating shards, some getting no shards at all, some 100k, we pay 50% extra forever..oh no..wait, almost forgot that awesome offer of having 1st two of them for 10k..correct me if im wrong (and i might be, coz been so much time since then) but i think we got a discount for first 6* champs also when released..and 5* prior that and so on.

Point is that no matter how many shards you have now, on long term it will be irrelevant. Fact!
    Another fact is that 8.2 7* shards are not scaled, so if the first ever content released with 7* shards is not scaled, why should we trust future content will? Its not like the release of 8.2 was done in a hurry, the release of 7* champs caught them by surprise, and they forgot to scale something..its all planned! And if you want to sell me some bs like 1k shards for completion is scaled, please dont
    Cyta said:

So for 4 months of accumulating shards, some getting no shards at all, some 100k, we pay 50% extra forever..oh no..wait, almost forgot that awesome offer of having 1st two of them for 10k..correct me if im wrong (and i might be, coz been so much time since then) but i think we got a discount for first 6* champs also when released..and 5* prior that and so on.

Point is that no matter how many shards you have now, on long term it will be irrelevant. Fact!
    Another fact is that 8.2 7* shards are not scaled, so if the first ever content released with 7* shards is not scaled, why should we trust future content will? Its not like the release of 8.2 was done in a hurry, the release of 7* champs caught them by surprise, and they forgot to scale something..its all planned! And if you want to sell me some bs like 1k shards for completion is scaled, please dont
    K.
  • pseudosanepseudosane Member, Guardian Posts: 3,947 Guardian

THE FACT is, it wasn't scaled accordingly, if you disagree, tell me why I'm wrong, otherwise. Just zip it.
    BTW, I already have 28.050 shards in stash, so 4k extra for long awaited content and rarity is a slap in the face.
    Aaaand that is exactly why this change was needed. When 6* came in it took a long time to get a 6*. now, on drop, youll have people with possibly multiple 7*, quite easily on drop. THAT is why this change is needed.
    PS: The slap in the face is a nice touch :)
    Cyta said:

How can you scale something that hasn't happened before? We've never had 7* shards as a reward before. You can't scale something when it's only the first time it's ever happened. That's a nonsense statement.

7714dtl said:

Buttehrs said:

7714dtl said:

Stellar said:

So we will have to dupe 6 stars 55 times instead of 37 to get a 7 stars and dupe 7 stars 55 times to get a featured 7 stars (Titan crystal) ?

If duping 6*'s was the only way to get 7* shards, yes. 55/56 times or less for max sig 6*'s.

But you're not just getting them from 6* dupes. You'll get them in content as well. That's how you get 6* shards. Weird concept but thankfully Kabam thought of a way to get 6 and 7 star shards outside of duping champs. I don't know how they thought of it though.
    What other ways. You mean like the whopping 4k shards we get for Act 8.2?
    Sure, because 8.2 is the last place you'll ever see 7* shards again.
    Never said that, I asked a question. But youll acting like there is a massie flow of 7* shards in the game just isnt true. I mean at 55 6* dupes per 7* are you guys really going to keep pretending like there are lots of people opening thousands of 6*s a month to create a problem of too many 7*s.
    There won't be a massive flow and I'm not acting like there is. I have 35k 7* shards from 6* dupes. That is 35k% more than I had in 6* shards when they were released.

There was only 5K 6* shards when they were released in act 5. We couldn't stockpile them for months before we could get them story content.

7* shards will start showing up in other areas as well. Miike already said they'll be in AW season rewards and rank 1 will get a full 7* crystal.

They'll probably be in the Paragon SQ. They'll be added elsewhere. We'll find out more for May's details. Stop overreacting.
    So according to you, when act 6 was introduced, we were able to get 50% of a 6*, so if we apply the same, we should get 7500 7* shards for 8.2.
    You just proved Kabam lied when they said they gonna increase the shards accordingly
  • pseudosanepseudosane Member, Guardian Posts: 3,947 Guardian

7714dtl said:

Buttehrs said:

7714dtl said:

Stellar said:

So we will have to dupe 6 stars 55 times instead of 37 to get a 7 stars and dupe 7 stars 55 times to get a featured 7 stars (Titan crystal) ?

If duping 6*'s was the only way to get 7* shards, yes. 55/56 times or less for max sig 6*'s.

But you're not just getting them from 6* dupes. You'll get them in content as well. That's how you get 6* shards. Weird concept but thankfully Kabam thought of a way to get 6 and 7 star shards outside of duping champs. I don't know how they thought of it though.
    Never said that, I asked a question. But youll acting like there is a massie flow of 7* shards in the game just isnt true. I mean at 55 6* dupes per 7* are you guys really going to keep pretending like there are lots of people opening thousands of 6*s a month to create a problem of too many 7*s.
    There won't be a massive flow and I'm not acting like there is. I have 35k 7* shards from 6* dupes. That is 35k% more than I had in 6* shards when they were released.

There was only 5K 6* shards when they were released in act 5. We couldn't stockpile them for months before we could get them story content.

7* shards will start showing up in other areas as well. Miike already said they'll be in AW season rewards and rank 1 will get a full 7* crystal.

They'll probably be in the Paragon SQ. They'll be added elsewhere. We'll find out more for May's details. Stop overreacting.
    So according to you, when act 6 was introduced, we were able to get 50% of a 6*, so if we apply the same, we should get 7500 7* shards for 8.2.
    You just proved Kabam lied when they said they gonna increase the shards accordingly
    No, they allowed 6* dupes to accumulate 7* shards months prior, which wasnt the case with 6*. So... nope. This situation is different.
    And your 35k shards from dupes are useless in this argument, they increase the crystal cost to 15k to fix that problem.
    Buttehrs said:

How can you scale something that hasn't happened before? We've never had 7* shards as a reward before. You can't scale something when it's only the first time it's ever happened. That's a nonsense statement.

We have scaled 7* rewards to match this new cost.

Indeed..nonsense statement… please tell him that
    Cyta said:

Buttehrs said:

Ever stop to think he meant content after 8.2? Kabam is more retroactive than proactive.
    Buttehrs said:

Cyta said:

Buttehrs said:

Ever stop to think he meant content after 8.2? Kabam is more retroactive than proactive.
    That would be guessing… i am talking on whats in the game, or what is announced.

7714dtl said:

Buttehrs said:

7714dtl said:

Stellar said:

When 6*'s were released, yes you got 5k for 100% of act 5. It took most of us another month or longer to form our first 6*.

On may 8th, I'll be able to open at least 3 7*'s. I'd say that's a pretty good increase.
    Cyta said:

Buttehrs said:

Cyta said:

Buttehrs said:

That would be guessing… i am talking on whats in the game, or what is announced.
    Then I suppose you missed he stated aw rank 1 will receive a full 7* every season for the foreseeable future? That means lower ranks will get shards too. Scaled of course. That's all UPCOMING content. As is Paragon SQ, which will also give 7* shards. Just because the very first content (8.2) isn't scaled how you think it should be, doesn't mean it's already an abject failure.
    Even if u would be able to open 100, on long term u would still lose with that 50% increase. If they would make an ingame voting on leaving crystal for 10k and taking .3 of current stash or leave their stash as is and 15k crystal, what do u think will be the result?
    Cyta said:

Buttehrs said:

Cyta said:

Buttehrs said:

Paragon SQ
    AW season rewards
    6* dupes.

That's 3 more areas than when 6*'s were released. 🤷

Cyta said:

Buttehrs said:

Cyta said:

Buttehrs said:

Paragon SQ
    AW season rewards
    6* dupes.

Paragon sq released? Aw season rewards contain 7*? May i have something of what ur having over there? Seems to be high quality
    So far all we saw written was 8.2 rewards, and yes shards from dupes that we already have..everything else is unknown..news to come..when that will happen we’ll see how parameters change. As for 1 7* crystal to 30 players out of millions?! How is that relevant in any statistics is beyond me
    Cyta said:

Cyta said:

Buttehrs said:

Cyta said:

Buttehrs said:

Paragon SQ
    AW season rewards
    6* dupes.

Paragon sq released? Aw season rewards contain 7*? May i have something of what ur having over there? Seems to be high quality
    My guy....is this you? Literally say "I am talking whats in the game, or what is announced".

You're just gonna pretend you didn't just say this and I didn't just quote that comment.

Caught in 4k.....7* shards.
    Cyta said:

So far all we saw written was 8.2 rewards, and yes shards from dupes that we already have..everything else is unknown..news to come..when that will happen we’ll see how parameters change. As for 1 7* crystal to 30 players out of millions?! How is that relevant in any statistics is beyond me

You think they'll only include 7* shards in just Rank 1? That's just the top. Is rank 1 the only ones getting 6* shards now in AW? You're inventing ways to be mad...and wrong.