Costs of 7* crystals revealed!!

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,501 ★★★★★

7714dtl said:

Buttehrs said:

7714dtl said:

Stellar said:

So we will have to dupe 6 stars 55 times instead of 37 to get a 7 stars and dupe 7 stars 55 times to get a featured 7 stars (Titan crystal) ?

If duping 6*'s was the only way to get 7* shards, yes. 55/56 times or less for max sig 6*'s.

But you're not just getting them from 6* dupes. You'll get them in content as well. That's how you get 6* shards. Weird concept but thankfully Kabam thought of a way to get 6 and 7 star shards outside of duping champs. I don't know how they thought of it though.
    What other ways. You mean like the whopping 4k shards we get for Act 8.2?
    Sure, because 8.2 is the last place you'll ever see 7* shards again.
    Never said that, I asked a question. But youll acting like there is a massie flow of 7* shards in the game just isnt true. I mean at 55 6* dupes per 7* are you guys really going to keep pretending like there are lots of people opening thousands of 6*s a month to create a problem of too many 7*s.
    There won't be a massive flow and I'm not acting like there is. I have 35k 7* shards from 6* dupes. That is 35k% more than I had in 6* shards when they were released.

There was only 5K 6* shards when they were released in act 5. We couldn't stockpile them for months before we could get them story content.

7* shards will start showing up in other areas as well. Miike already said they'll be in AW season rewards and rank 1 will get a full 7* crystal.

They'll probably be in the Paragon SQ. They'll be added elsewhere. We'll find out more for May's details. Stop overreacting.
    So according to you, when act 6 was introduced, we were able to get 50% of a 6*, so if we apply the same, we should get 7500 7* shards for 8.2.
    You just proved Kabam lied when they said they gonna increase the shards accordingly
    No, they allowed 6* dupes to accumulate 7* shards months prior, which wasnt the case with 6*. So... nope. This situation is different.
    The number of people who have 7* Shards and the numbers of Shards they have are both much higher than that of 6* Shards when they were released.
  • CytaCyta Member Posts: 101

Cyta said:

Cyta said:

Buttehrs said:

Cyta said:

Buttehrs said:

How can you scale something that hasn't happened before? We've never had 7* shards as a reward before. You can't scale something when it's only the first time it's ever happened. That's a nonsense statement.

We have scaled 7* rewards to match this new cost.

Indeed..nonsense statement… please tell him that
    Ever stop to think he meant content after 8.2? Kabam is more retroactive than proactive.
    That would be guessing… i am talking on whats in the game, or what is announced.
    Paragon SQ
    AW season rewards
    6* dupes.

That's 3 more areas than when 6*'s were released. 🤷
    Paragon sq released? Aw season rewards contain 7*? May i have something of what ur having over there? Seems to be high quality
    My guy....is this you? Literally say "I am talking whats in the game, or what is announced".

You're just gonna pretend you didn't just say this and I didn't just quote that comment.

Caught in 4k.....7* shards.
    They announced that NEWS will come..not content! Did you see anything on paragon SQ or aw season rewards? like when will it be live...what will be rewards? anything?! just news will be coming! thats it!

7714dtl said:

Buttehrs said:

7714dtl said:

Stellar said:

So we will have to dupe 6 stars 55 times instead of 37 to get a 7 stars and dupe 7 stars 55 times to get a featured 7 stars (Titan crystal) ?

If duping 6*'s was the only way to get 7* shards, yes. 55/56 times or less for max sig 6*'s.

But you're not just getting them from 6* dupes. You'll get them in content as well. That's how you get 6* shards. Weird concept but thankfully Kabam thought of a way to get 6 and 7 star shards outside of duping champs. I don't know how they thought of it though.
    What other ways. You mean like the whopping 4k shards we get for Act 8.2?
    Sure, because 8.2 is the last place you'll ever see 7* shards again.
    Never said that, I asked a question. But youll acting like there is a massie flow of 7* shards in the game just isnt true. I mean at 55 6* dupes per 7* are you guys really going to keep pretending like there are lots of people opening thousands of 6*s a month to create a problem of too many 7*s.
    There won't be a massive flow and I'm not acting like there is. I have 35k 7* shards from 6* dupes. That is 35k% more than I had in 6* shards when they were released.

There was only 5K 6* shards when they were released in act 5. We couldn't stockpile them for months before we could get them story content.

7* shards will start showing up in other areas as well. Miike already said they'll be in AW season rewards and rank 1 will get a full 7* crystal.

They'll probably be in the Paragon SQ. They'll be added elsewhere. We'll find out more for May's details. Stop overreacting.
    So according to you, when act 6 was introduced, we were able to get 50% of a 6*, so if we apply the same, we should get 7500 7* shards for 8.2.
    You just proved Kabam lied when they said they gonna increase the shards accordingly
    No, they allowed 6* dupes to accumulate 7* shards months prior, which wasnt the case with 6*. So... nope. This situation is different.
    The number of people who have 7* Shards and the numbers of Shards they have are both much higher than that of 6* Shards when they were released.
    Realized I just misquoted because the sun is in my face, so we'll call it an add-on. XD

Cyta said:

So far all we saw written was 8.2 rewards, and yes shards from dupes that we already have..everything else is unknown..news to come..when that will happen we’ll see how parameters change. As for 1 7* crystal to 30 players out of millions?! How is that relevant in any statistics is beyond me

You think they'll only include 7* shards in just Rank 1? That's just the top. Is rank 1 the only ones getting 6* shards now in AW? You're inventing ways to be mad...and wrong.
    No...what i mean is that is irrelevant for majority of players..and those @ rank1..do you think they care the crystal they get worths 15k or 10k shards?
    English is not my native language, maybe I dont get myself understood as I would like...The problem i see here is that they gave some shards, that is like .3 more than it should be? .5? but for these initial shards, the price for the crystal is permanently increased by 50%.
    Not sayin they wont include shards in other content...it would be dumb lol...do you think that if they would have left the crystal 10k, they would strip all rewards of shards? ofc not
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,807 ★★★★★
    Cyta said:

Cyta said:

Cyta said:

Buttehrs said:

Cyta said:

Buttehrs said:

How can you scale something that hasn't happened before? We've never had 7* shards as a reward before. You can't scale something when it's only the first time it's ever happened. That's a nonsense statement.

We have scaled 7* rewards to match this new cost.

Indeed..nonsense statement… please tell him that
    Ever stop to think he meant content after 8.2? Kabam is more retroactive than proactive.
    That would be guessing… i am talking on whats in the game, or what is announced.
    Paragon SQ
    AW season rewards
    6* dupes.

That's 3 more areas than when 6*'s were released. 🤷
    Paragon sq released? Aw season rewards contain 7*? May i have something of what ur having over there? Seems to be high quality
    My guy....is this you? Literally say "I am talking whats in the game, or what is announced".

You're just gonna pretend you didn't just say this and I didn't just quote that comment.

Caught in 4k.....7* shards.
    They announced that NEWS will come..not content! Did you see anything on paragon SQ or aw season rewards? like when will it be live...what will be rewards? anything?! just news will be coming! thats it!
    What do you think is an announcement is? It's news about upcoming events. They ANNOUNCED 7*'s back in November of "22, we're just now getting a date for their released.

You were talking about what was announced. Miike said it in his comment here in this very thread. Are you okay? Do I need to call a chiropractor once you get back to normal from all this twisting you're doing?
    Cyta said:

Cyta said:

So far all we saw written was 8.2 rewards, and yes shards from dupes that we already have..everything else is unknown..news to come..when that will happen we’ll see how parameters change. As for 1 7* crystal to 30 players out of millions?! How is that relevant in any statistics is beyond me

You think they'll only include 7* shards in just Rank 1? That's just the top. Is rank 1 the only ones getting 6* shards now in AW? You're inventing ways to be mad...and wrong.
    No...what i mean is that is irrelevant for majority of players..and those @ rank1..do you think they care the crystal they get worths 15k or 10k shards?
    English is not my native language, maybe I dont get myself understood as I would like...The problem i see here is that they gave some shards, that is like .3 more than it should be? .5? but for these initial shards, the price for the crystal is permanently increased by 50%.
    Not sayin they wont include shards in other content...it would be dumb lol...do you think that if they would have left the crystal 10k, they would strip all rewards of shards? ofc not
    You keep saying "should be" like there was some rulebook saying these numbers you keep providing. Just because YOU think it should have been, doesn't mean they were supposed to have done it.

Cyta said:

Cyta said:

You keep saying "should be" like there was some rulebook saying these numbers you keep providing. Just because YOU think it should have been, doesn't mean they were supposed to have done it.
    if it was always supposed to be 15k, why do you think Miike came to say "The reason 7* crystals cost 15,000 shards is because of the number of 7* shards players are generating from 6* dupes. When we looked at the data, we saw that players are currently generating more 7* shards through dupes than they were acquiring 6* shards from all sources when 6*s launched."
    They came up with that number after looking at data...and instead of fixing that, they are tryin to sell something that you are overprotecting for some reason, but not as good as you would like to think
    Cyta said:

Cyta said:

Cyta said:

if it was always supposed to be 15k, why do you think Miike came to say "The reason 7* crystals cost 15,000 shards is because of the number of 7* shards players are generating from 6* dupes. When we looked at the data, we saw that players are currently generating more 7* shards through dupes than they were acquiring 6* shards from all sources when 6*s launched."

He's literally explaining it. You quoted it and still asked the question. I'm done. ✌️
  • Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Member Posts: 835 ★★★★
    the titan crystal system can only work for a short period of time. Eventually (nearly?) all champions will be in the 7 star pool, and then the titan crystals will either have to have repeats or only have "6 new champions" assuming similar cadence to the existing featured.

While I really like that duping a 7 star on day 1 will mean something (and then hopefully max sigging as well before that comes up)... I do not like the different currencies. Make Titan crystals cost a bit more (I guess 20,000 7 star shards).

There are a couple reasons players saved for the next featured crystal... one of the bigger ones is... if a bigger account has all the basic pool champions. With only 36 champions in the initial pool... if 7 stars are "going to come as 6 stars except for duplication)... then in May (or maybe June) Paragon players should basically be earning 1 for doing monthly quest, and another 1-2 for doing side quest. Then there are offers... which while 7 star shards may cost more than 6 star shards, if the announcement is honest... they would give players the opportunity to by large chunks at a time getting 1-2 champions. It won't take that long to want to be "done with the current pool". Either the initial pool should have been double the current size (with at least one "actual god champ per class to chase after) or future waves will have to come in quickly.

TBH.. while the champion pool is alight, and very few duds... and in fact many I've R3's... there are very few I R4 for non-defense purposes, and depending on what it costs to take a 7 star to r2... I'll probably continue focusing on r4s and r5s in the 6 star pool... as I'd rather have an R5 6 star of Appoc, Nick, Torch, Doom, Nimrod, Herc, (and probably 2-4 more for each class) than a r2 7 star of almost any champ in the announced pool (Falcon and Wiccan being the only possible exceptions). I may even just hold all my shards 6 months to a year and just wait for better champions / only pop the odd "full crystal" that comes in rewards/offers.

• JefechutaJefechuta Member Posts: 1,212 ★★★★
    bdawg923 said:

bdawg923 said:

Anyone replying to me and focusing on Hercules is missing the entire point. Telling me I rely on Hercules too much is also missing the entire point. I would rather use a 5 star r5 sig 200 of any god tier instead of like 95% of the champs in this pool. Here are 3 god tiers from each class that I would rather use as a fully maxed out 5* (certainly not the only ones): torch, scorpion, quicksilver, fury, mole man, shang chi, kitty, AA, omega, ghost, warlock, nimrod, (shocker), cgr, hulkling, knull, Claire voyant, doom, rintrah. Notable mention quake, who is so OP that they are afraid to make even a 6 star version.

Ask yourself, would you rather be using one of these fully maxed and sig 200 champs as a 5* or would you rather an unduped 7* joe fixit, gambit, gamora, Korg, terrax, etc. If you answer the 7* then you're lying to yourself. Just because their base stats are higher doesn't mean they're better.

Yes, yes. You use only god tiers. We get it.
    Still missing the point. This pool is pretty bad. There are lots of champs who are not god tier and are actually good, and they didn't get put into the pool.
    Hi, you didnt even touch any of the champs in the pool, because if you had, you wouldnt be saying dumb things, so you are wrong, bye!
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Cyta said:

Cyta said:

Cyta said:

Because they allowed us to get shards from dupes prior to release. They never did that with previous rarities. Unless of course your new to the game and don't remember that?
    Buttehrs said:

Cyta said:

Cyta said:

Cyta said:

Because they allowed us to get shards from dupes prior to release. They never did that with previous rarities. Unless of course your new to the game and don't remember that?
    Yeah, in past we kept our crystals and opened them when new champs were released, not before. So the only difference is ppl didnt hoard since 7* were announced... Thats the only thing different! As for new to the game, I`m arround since Sat, Nov 7, 2015
    Cyta said:

Buttehrs said:

Cyta said:

Cyta said:

Cyta said:

Yeah, in past we kept our crystals and opened them when new champs were released, not before. So the only difference is ppl didnt hoard since 7* were announced... Thats the only thing different! As for new to the game, I`m arround since Sat, Nov 7, 2015
    Did you read what I said? We were never able to get 6* shards before 6* first came out. Same with 5* they have allowed us to get 7* shards before 7* are released. That is why 7* will cost more than 5 or 6*.
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Member Posts: 1,202 ★★★★
    The fact 7 stars will cost 15k shards is pretty lame, no matter how you try to spin it Kabam.
    Again...when 6* were on horizon, ppl started to hoard 5*..as much as they could, economy was different..If they didnt let us obtain 7* shards prior launching, ppl would have kept their 6* shards to open them when 7* were released...so whats the freekin difference?! "We will let ya open your crystals 3 months earlier, but u will pay extra 50% on everything afterwards"..thats the difference
    Cyta said:

Again...when 6* were on horizon, ppl started to hoard 5*..as much as they could, economy was different..If they didnt let us obtain 7* shards prior launching, ppl would have kept their 6* shards to open them when 7* were released...so whats the freekin difference?! "We will let ya open your crystals 3 months earlier, but u will pay extra 50% on everything afterwards"..thats the difference

The difference is the amount of 6* shards we get now vs what we got for 5* when 6* came out. It's vastly different. When 6* came out, we still only got 2-3 5* a month unless you were a hoarder or a whale. Right now, between monthly content, monthly cavs, all the different stores we never for 5*s, non hoarders and whales can easily get anywhere from 3 to as many as 10 6* if they're lucky. The game economy in regards to shards is vastly different. That's what people just aren't understanding. That's why they had no choice but to make 7* cost more than 5 and 6*.
    Buttehrs said:

Cyta said:

The difference is the amount of 6* shards we get now vs what we got for 5* when 6* came out. It's vastly different. When 6* came out, we still only got 2-3 5* a month unless you were a hoarder or a whale. Right now, between monthly content, monthly cavs, all the different stores we never for 5*s, non hoarders and whales can easily get anywhere from 3 to as many as 10 6* if they're lucky. The game economy in regards to shards is vastly different. That's what people just aren't understanding. That's why they had no choice but to make 7* cost more than 5 and 6*.
    Do we get 6* shards easier than we got 5* back in the day? Yes...I totally agree on that..But here is a question..do you remember how many 5* were in the game back then? compared to what it is now..coz 7* shards come from dupes..right? can u compare duping a 5* when there are under 100 champs in the pool vs duping a 6* when there are over 200 in there now?!
    Cyta said:

Buttehrs said:

Cyta said:

Do we get 6* shards easier than we got 5* back in the day? Yes...I totally agree on that..But here is a question..do you remember how many 5* were in the game back then? compared to what it is now..coz 7* shards come from dupes..right? can u compare duping a 5* when there are under 100 champs in the pool vs duping a 6* when there are over 200 in there now?!
    You realize the amount of champs in the pool should make it harder to dupe yes? The sole reason we get more now is because every single store in game offers something for 6* we never even had those options for 5* back then.
    Buttehrs said:

You realize the amount of champs in the pool should make it harder to dupe yes? The sole reason we get more now is because every single store in game offers something for 6* we never even had those options for 5* back then.

EXACTLY!!! so if its harder to dupe than it was back then, why increase the price?! coz we used our units to buy crystals? (units that we saved by farming revives instead of buyin them...oh...that might be it?! :smiley: )

By the end of 2017, there were 104(ish) champions available to be at least 5*'s from the basic pool.
    bla bla bla

FALSE!

edited April 2023
    Cyta said:

By the end of 2017, there were 104(ish) champions available to be at least 5*'s from the basic pool.
    bla bla bla

FALSE!

There were 113 champs by the end of 2017. I've marked out the ones that weren't 5* right away. Except unmarked Ronan but was in there as of may 2017.

Let's the data I can find is a post from may of 2017 that has the base pool and a sub featured which they added in a bunch from there throughout the year. It's missing 3 months of additions to the basic pool.

Things were different back then for when they added champs in. It was much quicker. On the safe side, there should be at least 100 in the base pool by the end of 2017. Even more if we count to when 6*'s were attainable at the end of Jan 2018.
    Lets take a look https://auntm.ai/champions?filter=2015,2016,2017&sort=release shall we?! 113 in total..mkay..now..can you please confirm the release dates to basic pool of : wolverine, both versions of vision, thor, scarlet witch, punisher, deadpool, unstoppable colossus, kang, imortal iron fist, ultron (lol version), thanos, modok, taskmaster...thats 14...so right there its under 100...and i can bet there are more to add to this list, just dont see the point
    iirc dr strange took a while to be available as 5* also, and u reminded me of rhino, ronan, cyclops...forgot about those...but yeah...i said under 100 in 1st place..not sure why you felt to correct me
    edited April 2023
    Cyta said:

Lets take a look https://auntm.ai/champions?filter=2015,2016,2017&sort=release shall we?! 113 in total..mkay..now..can you please confirm the release dates to basic pool of : wolverine, both versions of vision, thor, scarlet witch, punisher, deadpool, unstoppable colossus, kang, imortal iron fist, ultron (lol version), thanos, modok, taskmaster...thats 14...so right there its under 100...and i can bet there are more to add to this list, just dont see the point

It was right about 100 maybe like 98. Ronan and Cyclops (New Xavier School) were in the 5* basic pool by may 2017. I forgot about wolverine and scarlet witch. Pretty sure Vision AOU was in there by the end of the year but OG Vision wasn't. MODOK and Taskmaster weren't added yet.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/57/new-5-star-champion-addition-and-changes-to-5-star-featured-hero-crystals
    All of this is inconsequential. It's not about the amount of Champs that were available. It's about the number of 7* Shards currently available and how easy it is now to acquire Dups. We have a large number of 6* Shards available on a regular basis comparative to the amount of 6* Shards that were available when 6*s were added. Significantly larger.
    Cyta said:

That is a photo from january 24th, 2018.. do the math, use fingers, whatever makes ya happy..u wont get to "at least 100"

Cool. I'll take that L on the champ pool. But it just goes to show it would have been easier to dupe them for 6* shards. Still, on the on set of 5 and 6*'s, those shards were harder to come by vs now, 6* shards are easily attainable and there's a decent flow of 7* shards from dupes.
    Cyta said:

You both are so funny...losing on a topic swapping to something different, taking turns and stuff :smiley: Im out..happy easter every1 :wink:

I haven't swapped on any topic. I've been going back and forth with you on the same topic this entire time.