**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Introducing: Alliance Wars Persistent Placement

Comments

• Options
    DukenpukeDukenpuke Posts: 658 ★★★

Dukenpuke said:

Didnt Kabam state that part of the reason they are making this change os to reduce the need for officers to use 3rd party applications to work out placements etc...what point of this system does that?

Did they say that? I don't recall them saying that. I never expected that these changes would allow me to rely less on 3rd party tools. We still use Arni's for defender assignments and will continue to do so.

The main benefit of this change to us is that we often shift between Tier 5 and 6 (challenger/hard), and now I don't have to worry that my alliance will accidentally place their prowess power champs when we're on the map without defense tactics and vice versa. They can place for both up front and the game will choose the correct defenders when appropriate.

It would be fantastic if they came out with something that allowed us to stop using 3rd party tools, but I don't think that was promised with this change.
    I cant remember if it was a live stream or a post, but they mentioned trying to ease the pressure on alliance officers and reduce the need for them to have to resort to using applications like google docs etc...i will try to find it but it was a while ago

I understand it will help with things like shifting between tiers, but it seems like it will only really suit alliances that keep the same BGs and defenders all season, people who want to change regularly it is going to be alot more work, plus the masteries will be a pain...its taken alot of control away from officers instead of giving us more

I am going to need to wait to get a proper feel for it, but initial impressions are that this will make things harder in general for smaller alliances that change things up regularly or run fewer BGs and change people around throughout the season
    I agree the masteries are less than ideal. I'd imagine the units people spend from AW respec is not insubstantial, so I can understand them not wanting to give people an option to set at the beginning of the season without having to spend to change them again. There should be a better way to do it though. The new method probably isn't sustainable.
  • Options
    NeinoIIINeinoIII Posts: 64
    I must be misunderstanding things because it doesn't seem like this helps officers at all except avoiding the need to tag people to place defenders in the last few hours. Otherwise, we still have to do a lot of 3rd party work to assess and assign defenders.
  • Options
    Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 829 ★★★★
    Just actually let us set and save masteries for defenders and forget about it. Originally thought this was a half-measure but it's actually worse, you've at best changed nothing and worse-case complicated it even more.
  • Options
    Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Posts: 781 ★★★★
    Do you have to attack in 5 wars or can you get season points just by having defenders in place? And can you attack if you don’t have defenders placed in the BG?

We’re a low level casual alliance. We usually only run one BG, sometimes two if we are filling 1 enough and people ask for a second.

Does this system allow for any flexibility or is BG1 locked to the 10 people that placed defenders?
  • Options
    GarloGarlo Posts: 215 ★★
    How long is the enlistment phase and the matchmaking phase?
  • Options
    augustfromcnaugustfromcn Posts: 13
    As predicted, there is no attack phrase now.
    Can you just test the system before it is released.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,153 ★★★★★
    this might be a really good thing especially for situations where people don't place in time etc BUT I still wonder who exactly was asking for more attack time lol .. attack phase is going to be way too long in my opinion.
  • Options
    Man2thMan2th Posts: 54
    Kabam hit the mark on giving officers more time to plan so QOL goal was great. After watching this new setup go live and the late info on this mastery fine print is blasphemy. The BG platform has provided the solution for AW game mode which has been out for a long time.

So the Kabam team upgrades the AW format but like many stated above in the forum it has now created new headaches to address. The mastery adjustment of doing other modes in conjunction like arena just got worse. The time constraint to do it is in the middle of my work day 😂 thanks a lot Kabam plus placing in time.

Sometimes you just want to hang it up when the ankle biters in this game just surface. The potential to have the WOW factor has me and I’m sure others scrambling a brainstorm session on what work arounds to adjust.
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 11,234 Guardian
    FYI, if you are already Placed in one BG #, but then accidentally hit JOIN button on a different BG # from the 3 BG Panel summary screen, that will completely REMOVE you and your Defenders from your existing BG.
    **Even if you never proceeded with any subsequent screens of the JOIN process (aka, even if you just back out right afterwards.

So acts like doing a NEW TEAM and then LEAVE BATTLEGROUP (but at least there, it is pretty evident what will happen, unlike pressing initial Join button without actually committing to the Join).
  • Options
    How do we select defender tactics and bans?

Also seems like you can't do unassigned bgs? We normally run assigned 3 bgs during season and unassigned 2 bgs during off season.
  • Options
    CHuck_fINACHuck_fINA Posts: 145
    You can select tactics and bans on the right side of the screen when you're placing champs on the map. Found it yesterday.
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 11,234 Guardian
    NeinoIII said:

Also seems like you can't do unassigned bgs? We normally run assigned 3 bgs during season and unassigned 2 bgs during off season.

(Bans)
    Kabam has a pic in opening announcement (top of this thread) that shows where “Bans” button would be. Tactics probably similar too (?)

(Unassigned BG's)
    Really not much different from previously, but you have 2 days worth of time to choose whether you are IN or OUT from participating in one of those 2 BG spots.
    Except that now, when you DON'T want to automatically continue into the NEXT War, you (each person) will have to WITHDRAW from their current BG, so it opens up their spot for someone else to join for next war during the currently running war.

Once we actually have a START (Attack Day) to a war ( @zuffy , no, something happened, seems first off-season war here was cancelled, didn’t see that anyone had their matching found and attack started), we will be able to see *HOW* you will differentiate that opening 3-BG Panel screen. Between whether that screen let's you control your NEXT WAR Defense setup, versus that screen being where you ENTER/CONTINUE your Attack.
  • Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,876 ★★★★★
    Wow messy 🫠
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,635 ★★★★★
    Like others have said the approach to Masteries is a complete poison pill attached to an otherwise good idea. This is going to cause so many issues…
  • Options
    CsuttonCsutton Posts: 186 ★★
    Yeah this is hot garbage. Good idea, poor execution. As others have said, simply have defensive decks with mastery load outs. When you set your defenders (based on the deck/defense team you choose, that mastery set is applied)…. Simple.
  • Options
    ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 886 ★★★
    So here is my thing on the masteries...this was already questioned immediately when announced. Yet, they chose to release as is it was.

I think they will come back with a BG like option, but one where you have to pay per season for the defensive mastery setup. Just a guess. Probably wrong like usual, lol.
  • Options
    Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 829 ★★★★
    Dukenpuke said:

I agree the masteries are less than ideal. I'd imagine the units people spend from AW respec is not insubstantial, so I can understand them not wanting to give people an option to set at the beginning of the season without having to spend to change them again.

I promise you, the money they make off mastery respec isn't going to break the company.

Some exec want's a response considering PNL? Change the daily deal limits to twice.

Introduce some new unit deal higher than Odin.

Introduce the next stage of sigil.

Heck... watch them tie the AW mastery setting to the sigil. Only people who buy the sigil or spend units per season can truly set and forget AW masteries. Spend the units upfront but don't go through the hassle of turning them on and off constantly...

HOPEFULLY, they just decide to be considerate towards the players and finally give us all this QoL update we've spent years asking for. I do actually have some faith in Kabam.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,445 ★★★★★
    I'm definitely not wanting to do AWs anymore. Matchmaking happens at 3AM my time.
  • Options

You can select tactics and bans on the right side of the screen when you're placing champs on the map. Found it yesterday.

Thanks! I was concerned I'd have to place in order to set things but I didn't want to. Not super intuitive imo but maybe I'm just a bit slow haha
  • Options

NeinoIII said:

(Bans)
    Kabam has a pic in opening announcement (top of this thread) that shows where “Bans” button would be. Tactics probably similar too (?)

(Unassigned BG's)
    Really not much different from previously, but you have 2 days worth of time to choose whether you are IN or OUT from participating in one of those 2 BG spots.
    Except that now, when you DON'T want to automatically continue into the NEXT War, you (each person) will have to WITHDRAW from their current BG, so it opens up their spot for someone else to join for next war during the currently running war.

Once we actually have a START (Attack Day) to a war ( @zuffy , no, something happened, seems first off-season war here was cancelled, didn’t see that anyone had their matching found and attack started), we will be able to see *HOW* you will differentiate that opening 3-BG Panel screen. Between whether that screen let's you control your NEXT WAR Defense setup, versus that screen being where you ENTER/CONTINUE your Attack.
    Thanks for the clarification on the unassigned BGs approach. Feels a bit messy in terms of how its handled but I'm sure we will get used to it. I'm not loving it so far but its probably because adjusting to change is a extra work.