**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Addressing Mythic Crystal Issue (1250 Crystals instead of Shards)

Comments

• Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,995 ★★★★★
    Read your post title. Ouch …
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,384 ★★★★★
    Jesus Christ.
  • Options
    KushmakerKushmaker Posts: 11
    If you read the event, it does not say crystals it says Crytal shards but nice try.
  • Options
    SamanunSamanun Posts: 670 ★★★
  • Options
    FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    They do realize they can see what Accounts have Alts, right?
  • Options
    Thanks for tagging me in these. Got them reported now and reached out to the mods
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,098 ★★★★★

Thanks for tagging me in these. Got them reported now and reached out to the mods
    Thanks, that caught my off guard the first time
  • Options
    FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★

Happy to help! Figured one of you would be online.
  • Options
    CaptainWafflesXCaptainWafflesX Posts: 193

Op, instead of giving you back the 340 crystals that clearly were not intentional, I hope they supplement them with a ban.

No kits is fully kabams fault they messed up and they’re not banning

• Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,258 ★★★★★
    Well seems like I missed a ton of fun today!
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,674 ★★★★★

DUHveed said:

DNA3000 said:

cur53d said:

These accounts should just be deleted if they can't be corrected. They knew it was wrong

Not as wrong as the bug being there to begin with. Imagine having a million dollars on your doorstep due to a mailing error. Its life changing for you, but then police show up later arresting you, and confiscating the million dollars or anything you’ve purchased with it. Now you’re just in jail.
    No one is arguing that players who claimed the rewards should get banned. That's not an exploitive behavior. But actually opening the crystals is both exploitive and potentially bannable behavior, and yes this also happens in the real world. Most states in the US do not have finders keepers laws. If you do not take reasonable steps to locate the owner of found property you could be in violation of the law. Moreover the situation you're describing is even more cut and dried: if a million dollars shows up on your doorstep due to "a mailing error" then you wouldn't be the addressee. Spending that money would be a crime in almost every state in the US (and in most other jurisdictions as well), and subject you to both civil and criminal penalties. You're supposed to know better, and saying "wasn't my error so too bad" in court is unlikely to be considered a reasonable defense.

You can't be responsible for other people's errors, so it is not a crime to receive a million dollars through no fault of your own. But you are not legally allowed to exploit other people's errors just because they are other people's errors: that can and often is a crime. It would be better if people learned such life lessons in the context of a video game first, before they find themselves just in jail, wondering why their internet logic didn't help them.
    Just as an aside, opening US mail when you are not the addressee is federal crime

Good thing i dont live un the US i mean It is still a crime here but its much less likely to get US mail over here
    Im giving you the props you deserve. That joke was hilarious :D
  • Options

Let get back on tracks folks

Fair enough. Just making a point. I'm happy to move on.

I think they handled it as fairly as possible. I'd argue that those who knew it was unintended and tried to milk it were worth action, but it's not my call.
    It's one of those situations where something unintended happened, and you do the best you can to damage control. They acted pretty quickly. It's going to be a fair amount of work to fix it.
    Side note. It's Kabam's fault the Crystals showed up? True.
    It's Kabam's fault that some wanted to keep everything and tried to milk it? False.

Unpopular opinions, but I've seen enough of these things to happen, and some truths are uncomfortable.

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★

Let get back on tracks folks

Fair enough. Just making a point. I'm happy to move on.

I think they handled it as fairly as possible. I'd argue that those who knew it was unintended and tried to milk it were worth action, but it's not my call.
    It's one of those situations where something unintended happened, and you do the best you can to damage control. They acted pretty quickly. It's going to be a fair amount of work to fix it.
    Side note. It's Kabam's fault the Crystals showed up? True.
    It's Kabam's fault that some wanted to keep everything and tried to milk it? False.

Unpopular opinions, but I've seen enough of these things to happen, and some truths are uncomfortable.

It's definitely players fault that this became such a large issue, but as long as we have genuine modders in this game I wouldn't expect 100% of the playerbase to do the right thing. Kabam needs better quality control to stop issues like these from happening in the first place. They acted quickly to fix this, but it hasn't fully been fixed yet and the Kabam office going under heavy strain at the start of every month over an avoidable issue makes it increasingly clear how much work needs to be done.
  • Options
    StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★

We are investigating the situation and will get back to you with the actions we are gong to take. To be clear, the abuse of an exploitable bug is a bannable offense, and while we rarely have to take that route, it is something we've had to do in the past.

Technically it is not a bug as the game is running without error.
    It is more a mistake form someone at Kabam. Banning those who benefit form that mistake would not be right.

Just take the champions and crystals back
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★
    Stellar said:

We are investigating the situation and will get back to you with the actions we are gong to take. To be clear, the abuse of an exploitable bug is a bannable offense, and while we rarely have to take that route, it is something we've had to do in the past.

It is more a mistake form someone at Kabam. Banning those who benefit form that mistake would not be right.

A bug is anything in a program that isn't working the way it's meant to. Exploiting a bug is against ToS, which the majority of players affected are well aware of.
  • Options
    Stellar said:

Someone forgetting to set the alarm and lock the door at the bank is the fault of the employee.
    Someone who walks into the bank and steals the money is still committing a crime.
    Just sayin'.
  • Options
    gordopechochogordopechocho Posts: 78
    I know many people are mad and angry that they didnt get to open all these crystals or they think the players who did opened them its their fault. As the saying goes "Dont look a gift horse in the mouth”
    If you came across 1000$ that could change your life, just laying around in the middle of somewhere. Im 100% sure most people would take it. Kabam han an objective mission reward that stuff and people saw it and didnt thought twice. If kabam meant it to happen, then why should they complain? if kabam didnt well then it sucks because of how crappy this game has bean lately. You would think they would take greater care of trying to remove any new bugs coming into the game. I also feel like this is being slightly blown out of proportion as the most this does is
    1- Take potential money out of kabams pocket
    2- Affect people in maybe AW and bg negatively like thats its really and even then all those new champs takes a lot of gold and iso to level up and rank up that most people wont have anyways. At most maybe people get 1 or 2 6 stars at a decent rank because of this. Definitely not as bad as people say. Aswell as all the iso it gave but which tbh we needed that, the economy right now in the game is trash after july 4th and many people dont even have a single piece of iso. The 7 stars for me are the problem though, if there was a way to just remove the 7 stars would be a lot more easier because that is the future.
    In my opinion if kabam wants to maintain goodwill with their community they let people keep what they got and compensate those who didnt get anything. Although as i said before removing only the 7 stars champs you got is a great idea because first of all it would be way easier than removing abosulety everything you got. These tbh really changed the present and changed the future because we all can agree the economy is absolutely garbage right now with only the bg store being decent. Some people i know got their dream champs they wanted long ago which they didnt had before simply because of the economy. If kabam does keep this and let the others have their compensation i think would be the easiest and fair thing. At the end of all its only champs were talking about, not even resources, ONLY CHAMPS. MANY people needed some champs they got from there. That is my opinion and remove the 7 stars shards too. If you dont agree with me thats okay but i think this is the most logical situation.
This discussion has been closed.