Options

Ingjust Banning: Seeking Clarity and Fairness from Kabam

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,106 ★★★★★

Regarding the legal stuff…

Companies can *say* anything they like in an "agreement" or "contract" but it really means nothing unless tested in court. And the fact is, no matter how good, experienced, and seemingly fair the law peeps writing it up, there will ALWAYS be some **** in there that isn’t legal working in the company's favour. Either notes from corporate or implicit bias or a genuine "interpretation" of the law from the law team themselves will see to that, lol.

So, if you really think you’re right, do your due diligence in making sure and if you’ve got the stones (confidence, money, time, etc)… GO GET 'EM. :)

Edit…. OH yeah, and congrats to the OP for the eventual restoration. I know I’d flip having played for over 5 years then suddenly I decide to start cheating? Like, that makes sense? Lol
    Also, support is……. not supportive. Hopefully Mike takes this seriously as an opportunity to revamp the entire department.

How many cases have you been involved as a lawyer for what you're referring to?
    This account was made earlier today and is called “whack a mole.” This is either a troll trying to dodge a ban, or just an incredibly silly person who on their first day dug up a week+ old contentious thread. Not worth engaging either way.
  • Options
    Marvelfan30Marvelfan30 Posts: 1,165 ★★★★
    Idk what ingjust means but I bet you deserved ban if you were banned just bc we don't know doesn't mean kabam doesn't know what you have done
  • Options

Regarding the legal stuff…

Companies can *say* anything they like in an "agreement" or "contract" but it really means nothing unless tested in court. And the fact is, no matter how good, experienced, and seemingly fair the law peeps writing it up, there will ALWAYS be some **** in there that isn’t legal working in the company's favour. Either notes from corporate or implicit bias or a genuine "interpretation" of the law from the law team themselves will see to that, lol.

So, if you really think you’re right, do your due diligence in making sure and if you’ve got the stones (confidence, money, time, etc)… GO GET 'EM. :)

Edit…. OH yeah, and congrats to the OP for the eventual restoration. I know I’d flip having played for over 5 years then suddenly I decide to start cheating? Like, that makes sense? Lol
    Also, support is……. not supportive. Hopefully Mike takes this seriously as an opportunity to revamp the entire department.

How many cases have you been involved as a lawyer for what you're referring to?
    I don't think many actual attorneys would say something like that. Saying that contract terms mean nothing unless tested in court is tantamount to an admission that none of the contracts they entered into were done so in good faith.

Signing or otherwise agreeing to a contract in bad faith is itself a breach of contract and actionable in most jurisdictions. Consistently doing so as a practicing attorney sounds like the sort of thing that would eliminate the "practicing" part eventually.