Options

Ingjust Banning: Seeking Clarity and Fairness from Kabam

Comments

• Options
    EmomikeEmomike Posts: 215 ★★

Yesterday morning, to my great surprise, I found myself banned from the game. Initially, I thought it was a bug as I have never violated Kabam's policies. Initially, I asked my alliance members if they were experiencing the same issue, and I discovered that this was something that happened only to me. Trying to understand the issue, I found out that according to Kabam, I had used third-party software. This is completely false, as mentioned earlier, I have never done anything like that.

I contacted technical support, and they informed me that the ban is for 7 days, and they cannot provide explanations because it would reveal their anti-cheat methods. This practice seems absurd to me; it's like the police arresting someone without providing any evidence, citing the need to keep their investigative methods secret.

I feel defamed by Kabam, as they are accusing me of misconduct without any basis. How is it possible that I am banned for 7 days without adequate explanation? As a player who financially contributes to the game, I expect fair and transparent treatment. I am seriously considering involving consumer associations to assert my rights. I hope that this issue can be resolved fairly and promptly.

Question was it after a necro run? Only reason I'm asking is I'm getting ready to make my first and I really don't want to have to record the whole thing. I'm glad you got your account back.
  • Options
    John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★

7* Hercules compensation

I second this for the OP
  • Options
    Sarah245Sarah245 Posts: 118 ★★
    John757 said:

7* Hercules compensation

I second this for the OP
    I third
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,550 ★★★★★

7* Hercules compensation

Nah 7* doom, herc is trash
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,062 ★★★★★
    I love how some users are on a white horse in here, thinking they're morally superior and right of decision of how one should be.
  • Options
    DrDisconnect.DrDisconnect. Posts: 414 ★★
    BIG COMPENSATION INCOMING😂😂 Happy for you OP. Hope this never happens to me😂
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,241 ★★★★★

Waiting for @Demonzfyre apology, since he always puts his two cents in as the voice of the community 🤣

What do you want me to apologize for? Go ahead and point to where I accused OP. I didn't and in fact, you'll see that I explained there is a small chance it could be wrong.
  • Options
    TheHeroDeservedTheHeroDeserved Posts: 744 ★★★
    What did you get as compensation?
  • Options
    iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Posts: 681 ★★★★
    Crine60 said:

Hey everybody,

Our detection methods are always getting better, and are in a great place right now, but we have made mistakes before. It's why we check these reports, and in this case, there was an error that resulted in a false flag

When we respond to others on the forums to verify they should be banned, it's because we've done the due diligence to check on the ban criteria, and in this case, we were wrong. OP, we are very sorry for this mistake.

I'm glad this was resolved for the OP.

I am curious about the statement saying, "It's why we check these reports." Does this mean you check reports from your team issuing ban decisions (as in ALL of them), or does this mean that if this player didn't come to the forums, and take all the subsequent abuse, that you guys wouldn't have checked anything and the player would have been banned for the full 7 days and maybe even converted into a permanent ban (especially concerning if the latter because they contacted support and got the usual shut down/blow off responses)?
    It makes sense that they check because sometimes someone says ''i didn't share my account'' and miike or jax says ''that's not why you were banned''
  • Options
    Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,392 ★★★★

Crine60 said:

Hey everybody,

Our detection methods are always getting better, and are in a great place right now, but we have made mistakes before. It's why we check these reports, and in this case, there was an error that resulted in a false flag

When we respond to others on the forums to verify they should be banned, it's because we've done the due diligence to check on the ban criteria, and in this case, we were wrong. OP, we are very sorry for this mistake.

I am curious about the statement saying, "It's why we check these reports." Does this mean you check reports from your team issuing ban decisions (as in ALL of them), or does this mean that if this player didn't come to the forums, and take all the subsequent abuse, that you guys wouldn't have checked anything and the player would have been banned for the full 7 days and maybe even converted into a permanent ban (especially concerning if the latter because they contacted support and got the usual shut down/blow off responses)?
    It makes sense that they check because sometimes someone says ''i didn't share my account'' and miike or jax says ''that's not why you were banned''
    That's not my question/point. I am asking if them checking requires someone posting on the forums that they didn't do anything wrong (which is either discouraged or against the rules anyways because of the whole forum not the place for account specific issues thing but if someone asks support they just get shutdown there too). You just said when someone says they didn't do something sometimes Kabam will respond and that is what I am asking for clarification on: does the check happen automatically, even without a forum post/denial, or not?
  • Options
    smdam38smdam38 Posts: 879 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

WOLF_LINK said:

So this time Forum community was wrong and unfair to OP. Ban was actually an error. What a surprise.

Actually, yes. Mistakes do happen. They are rare, but they exist, which is why I try not to pile on too hard on people claiming they were wrongfully banned. They are almost always lying, but not actually always.

Even if it is a one in a thousand chance, one in a thousand is not low enough to eliminate all benefit of the doubt. I hope everyone remembers this one, because while it is easy and fun to bang on players who cry about getting banned, all of us should remember that sometimes people are in fact innocent.

This is also precisely why we're prohibited from calling out players by account name for cheating. None of us has an error rate low enough to allow for that.
    How do we know how rare these mistakes are if we’re not allowed to discuss them in the forum?

“They’ll close this thread down, make a ticket and get a canned auto response”.
  • Options
    Dab_westDab_west Posts: 133
    im not going to lie u guys who doubted OP got rolled
  • Options
    EmomikeEmomike Posts: 215 ★★
    Crine60 said:

Hey everybody,

I'm curious about this too.