**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BG ISSUE**
We are aware of an issue with the seeding for the beginning of the BG season.
We are adding rewards to higher progression brackets to offset the additional grind.
More information here.
**Arcade is being extra tricky with his Murder Box...**
It appears Arcade has been non-cooperative in his approach to this month's side quest and presented his clues in a nonsensical order. Lucky you, Summoners, we have our best and brightest on the case and those clues should now be a lot more straightforward. While messing around in Arcade's files we came across a phrase, highlighted and bolded, with sparkles and pointy arrows: "the abode for the dead" ... Maybe that will help you along the way!
Options

BG meta Complaining Thread

Comments

• Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,901 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

I will pick my r4 mr neg in bg deck if someone explains this. Can mr neg gain special?

Interesting, I had no idea at first but I noticed he's awakened so my guess here is yes that's legit and here's why:

Dark energy deals physical damage every second the opponent is suffering from a non-damaging debuff and it's very easy to inflict delirium so that's probably how he's gaining power, dark energy in this case counts as a damaging effect while the defender has delirium on them. It's a very slow fight though, he spent a whole minute just getting to two bars as you can see but then the sp2 killed almost instantly since the degens will get the 400% increased potency due to them being applied on third hit from sp2.
    Getting back on track, I’m continuously impressed by the variety of matchups this node allows for. Definitely want to see more of this, even if it means not using my favs
    I will just ignore whatever that other guy is talking about too so we can get this thread back on track lol.
    I'm impressed too, I thought I'd named all of them last night but no I missed Sorcerer Supreme and Negative, and more keep popping up. Another one I completely forgot about is Hit-Monkey, 20-30 sec fights if the defender isn't bleed immune or has big crit resistance, I just lost a round against one.
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 819 ★★★★
    This meta is pretty dumb. Get to your nuke special ASAP and launch it. The fastest person wins. People who like it are the ones with the rosters who can win.
  • Options

This meta is pretty dumb. Get to your nuke special ASAP and launch it. The fastest person wins. People who like it are the ones with the rosters who can win.

The fastest person wins? No sh1t! I thought the slowest one always wins which wouldn't be as dumb.
  • Options

The fastest person wins? No sh1t! I thought the slowest one always wins which wouldn't be as dumb.
    You people with your silly responses. I’m in C5 right now. Where are you?
  • Options

Let's stop there for a bit. You said you don't like the meta and the people who like it are the ones that have rosters big enough to win, which means you don't have a roster big enough to win hence you don't like the meta, but now you say you're in C5?' How if you can't win? 💀
  • Options

Let's stop there for a bit. You said you don't like the meta and the people who like it are the ones that have rosters big enough to win, which means you don't have a roster big enough to win hence you don't like the meta, but now you say you're in C5?' How if you can't win? 💀
    Where did I say I can't win? Where are at again?

Let me break it down for you. I am liking the meta because I can win, but find it objectively bad. I have a 6r4 Werewolf which alone is a free win.

• Options
    Coach_G1Coach_G1 Posts: 33
    I like the meta, its challenging. Sure its frustrating but im an old school gamer so its user error if I lose. Drafting has never been more important, understanding “less used” champs is important, and class relationships arent the end all be all this time around.
  • Options

Let me break it down for you. I am liking the meta because I can win, but find it objectively bad. I have a 6r4 Werewolf which alone is a free win.

Objectively bad? Where are all the complaints then? Everyone's having a blast judging by what's been said on this thread and a few others.
  • Options
    KLZKLZ Posts: 153 ★★
    edited December 2023
    This meta is bad, too restrictive.
    And so many players will be reported as cheaters, because noobs don't read champs' abilities.
    I had someone place Iceman on defense and i used duped Warlock for attack. As soon as the coundown started, my opponent started spamming Loki emojis, thinking he's won the round, Iceman being bleed immune. Lol, what about the degen??

And another one, my Shuri vs Ibom. I barely won that round, cause i got really lucky with the poison RNG. LoL
  • Options
    KLZ said:

This meta is bad, too restrictive.
    And so many players will be reported as cheaters, because noobs don't read champs' abilities.
    I had someone place Iceman on defense and i used duped Warlock for attack. As soon as the coundown started, my opponent started spamming Loki emojis, thinking he's won the round, Iceman being bleed immune. Lol, what about the degen??

And another one, my Shuri vs Ibom. I barely won that round, cause i got really lucky with the poison RNG. LoL

Too restrictive? Hit-Monkey, Sunspot, Guillotine Deathless, Morbius, Werewolf, Wiccan, Doom, Torch, AA, Masacre, Venom the Duck, Hulkling, Adam, Shuri, Iceman, Omega Red, Deathstrike, Hyperion, Warlock, Nick, Gorr, Mole-Man, Cassie, Diablo, Wong, Sasquatch, Infamous Iron Man, Valkyrie, Venom, Guillotine 2099, OG Guillotine, Ultron, Tigra, Mordo, Onslaught, Hood, Scorpion, Hulkbuster, Nebula, Gwenpool, Wolverine, X-23, Spot, Blade, Namor, Jabari Panther, Ghost, iBom, Kushala, Toad, Chee'ilth, Black Widow DO, Apoc, Domino, Dragon Man, Purgatory, OG Black Panther, Symbiote Supreme, Black Cat, Killmonger, Rintrah, Aarkus, Weapon X, Yondu, Spidey 2099, Sorcerer Supreme and Mister Negative no longer exist in the game? Cause last I checked they're all still there 💀
  • Options
    GladsGlads Posts: 407 ★★★

Bruh this season really focus us to rank up some specific champs.
    Hear me out, black cat and scorpion are cheatcodes, also sunspot, ghost can take a lot of matchups too

Not sure what dot damage ghost does, while I actually don't mine this meta, I can understand why people are annoyed make story quests with these metas so u get more use out of those champs.
    While the same can be said about alliance war crush 2.0 has some nice champs I would like to rate up but the rapid movement of 7 star champs and the cost of ranking r5 6 stars is just not worth it.
    You know the irony is zemo baron was actually a good champ which was nerfed, now they are saying use him in attack, yeah right!
    If these metas are going to be changing so frequently give us the materials even temporary mats so u can complete without numbers in the community the game is dead.
  • Options
    Glads said:

Bruh this season really focus us to rank up some specific champs.
    Hear me out, black cat and scorpion are cheatcodes, also sunspot, ghost can take a lot of matchups too

Not sure what dot damage ghost does, while I actually don't mine this meta, I can understand why people are annoyed make story quests with these metas so u get more use out of those champs.
    While the same can be said about alliance war crush 2.0 has some nice champs I would like to rate up but the rapid movement of 7 star champs and the cost of ranking r5 6 stars is just not worth it.
    You know the irony is zemo baron was actually a good champ which was nerfed, now they are saying use him in attack, yeah right!
    If these metas are going to be changing so frequently give us the materials even temporary mats so u can complete without numbers in the community the game is dead.
    Ghost doesn't need dot, she passively gains power when an opponent misses. She needs high or max sig for this of course but yes she works.
  • Options
    edited December 2023

Objectively bad? Where are all the complaints then? Everyone's having a blast judging by what's been said on this thread and a few others.
    It’s a blast in the lower ranks for sure. Don’t think I lose more than 5 matches till V2.

But when you’re up against tougher accounts it’s quite roster and draft dependent. I’m predicting that people will get more frustrated with the meta once they start to run into people who do every fight in 40s or less.

The problem with the nodes is the 400% damage which is typically fine for content since health pools are much larger; I think it would be much better at 200%.

And a ton of champs work but they will not beat the top options when you’re in D1 or above.
  • Options
    Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 923 ★★★★★
    It’s just like every other meta in practice. If you have more counters and have them ranked higher, you are most likely going to win. If not, you won’t. Sure you may get someone who forgets an immunity or makes a mistake, but that’s really not happening all that often once you reach a certain point. And in a couple days, no one is going to be making immunity mistakes.

If you aren’t dancing in the higher levels of GC, the fun in BG’s is the majority of the player base joining so you can match some competitive rounds. If they abandon the mode out of frustration with rewards not worth the headache - it just becomes a mode for developed rosters and everyone else quits.

• Options

It’s just like every other meta in practice. If you have more counters and have them ranked higher, you are most likely going to win. If not, you won’t. Sure you may get someone who forgets an immunity or makes a mistake, but that’s really not happening all that often once you reach a certain point. And in a couple days, no one is going to be making immunity mistakes.

If you aren’t dancing in the higher levels of GC, the fun in BG’s is the majority of the player base joining so you can match some competitive rounds. If they abandon the mode out of frustration with rewards not worth the headache - it just becomes a mode for developed rosters and everyone else quits.

I actually think the majority of the player base has this backwards. Relative to where I place in GC, my roster is small (according to the YTbers). Tend to over-perform in difficult metas where technical ability matters and under perform when it's nuke/roster dependent.
  • Options

I actually think the majority of the player base has this backwards. Relative to where I place in GC, my roster is small (according to the YTbers). Tend to over-perform in difficult metas where technical ability matters and under perform when it's nuke/roster dependent.
    This is a nuke meta though if you are facing large accounts, you can’t ban everyone. Just recently had an opponent with wolf, hype, and deathstrike. All minimum R4’s… with 7 star sunspot waiting in the wings. this is after I banned, scorp, photon, and zemo to try to have a chance on offense. That’s 3 attackers with no counter.

I knew when the draft commenced it was over. You may be skilled enough to overcome such things… the majority of the player base isn’t. They just abandon the mode. And then the few of us left who keep plugging win a couple then lose a couple like this… and just spin our wheels in VC.

And For what? That’s my point, the mode has to be enticing to draw in more players. Special seasons you get this participation. Normal seasons… the average player finds other things to do with their life. The restructuring of 2 badges for a win, one for a loss needs expanded as it once was for starters. Relegating that to the lowest ranks while expanding higher ranks takes a lot of players interest away…
  • Options
    PriyabrataPriyabrata Posts: 1,097 ★★★★

I just wanna talk to the person that gave Red Hulk #Offensive DOT and didn't give it to Lady D.

Absolutely vile
  • Options
    AlmccarthyAlmccarthy Posts: 103
    edited December 2023
    I love bgs and find this meta really fun at times tbh my only issue with the whole mode is its becoming less about skill and more about spending, look at the top rosters just bought every deal there is and have every champ maxed. I'm valiant but it isn't scratch on there roster. If I had their roster and they had mine I would win even though they are better players. I suppose wars are the same but this feels more noticeable
  • Options
    Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 981 ★★★★
    I just started my BG season few minutes ago. Did my first 3 matches and won them all. I'm actually very happy with this meta and quite frankly LOVING IT. Keep up the good work Kabam.
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,528 ★★★★★
    edited December 2023
    I really am enjoying this meta.

The main reason is, yes everyone who is competitive is using the same champs, but at least the majority are different champs from most seasons.

I jumped on my mini account that I haven't touched in a few years. Zero 7 stars. Barely any six stars. 1 6*r3 that happens to be bwdo the i ranked to get tb a few years ago but is banned every time. Mostly have a deck of 5*r3 and r4 and went 9 out of 10. Yes started in bronze. But I'm still playing decks of 7* and 6*r3+.

So yet again, for people complaining it's a skill issue.
  • Options

The main reason is, yes everyone who is competitive is using the same champs, but at least the majority are different champs from most seasons.

I jumped on my mini account that I haven't touched in a few years. Zero 7 stars. Barely any six stars. 1 6*r3 that happens to be bwdo the i ranked to get tb a few years ago but is banned every time. Mostly have a deck of 5*r3 and r4 and went 9 out of 10. Yes started in bronze. But I'm still playing decks of 7* and 6*r3+.

So you are playing bigger accounts in bronze, beating them, and suggesting they are the same skill as the bigger accounts in plat+?

You understand how BG’s ranks work right? Or you just like posting “skill issue” at every opportunity?
  • Options

This is a nuke meta though if you are facing large accounts, you can’t ban everyone. Just recently had an opponent with wolf, hype, and deathstrike. All minimum R4’s… with 7 star sunspot waiting in the wings. this is after I banned, scorp, photon, and zemo to try to have a chance on offense. That’s 3 attackers with no counter.

I knew when the draft commenced it was over. You may be skilled enough to overcome such things… the majority of the player base isn’t. They just abandon the mode. And then the few of us left who keep plugging win a couple then lose a couple like this… and just spin our wheels in VC.

And For what? That’s my point, the mode has to be enticing to draw in more players. Special seasons you get this participation. Normal seasons… the average player finds other things to do with their life. The restructuring of 2 badges for a win, one for a loss needs expanded as it once was for starters. Relegating that to the lowest ranks while expanding higher ranks takes a lot of players interest away…
    Your post is exactly why I said this meta is objectively bad and why mid players like @ItsClobberinTime should think a bit before responding to my statement.

The safeguard meta would have been much better for VT. If I was making metas I’d try to minimize the effect of roster size in VT.
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,528 ★★★★★

So you are playing bigger accounts in bronze, beating them, and suggesting they are the same skill as the bigger accounts in plat+?

You understand how BG’s ranks work right? Or you just like posting “skill issue” at every opportunity?
    You are making the point. It is a skill issue. You literally said the people in plat have more skill. Which is the point. Bad players blame it on roster when it is a skill issue.
  • Options

It’s a blast in the lower ranks for sure. Don’t think I lose more than 5 matches till V2.

But when you’re up against tougher accounts it’s quite roster and draft dependent. I’m predicting that people will get more frustrated with the meta once they start to run into people who do every fight in 40s or less.

The problem with the nodes is the 400% damage which is typically fine for content since health pools are much larger; I think it would be much better at 200%.

And a ton of champs work but they will not beat the top options when you’re in D1 or above.
    I'm already doing nearly every fight in 40 so I don't see how that would be a problem.

I'm already in Diamond 1, I'm not frustrated at all. You win some you lose some, that's just how it is. I think the problem here is that you're assuming every account is huge and every single player is good because you're already in C5 but that's not even 10% of the playerbase.
  • Options
    edited December 2023

Your post is exactly why I said this meta is objectively bad and why mid players like @ItsClobberinTime should think a bit before responding to my statement.

The safeguard meta would have been much better for VT. If I was making metas I’d try to minimize the effect of roster size in VT.
    His post doesn't prove anything, if he's getting pummeled because of his roster then that's as far as he goes for now, that's how competition works. Every single season has been like this, the bigger accounts climb up first.

Not really a mid player, it just looks that way to you because you no-life BGs at Beroman's level, that's why you're already in C5.
  • Options

You're in absolutely no position to talk about skill pal, sorry.
  • Options
    edited December 2023

Are we talking about my first run ever at necropolis and Everest content when I never used aegon before….at R4 where I just blasted through because I didn’t care and had resources to spare? Or bgs where I start in plat when the season starts? Guess I just have zero skill….which you probably just assumed I am struggling in bronze.

Why don’t you deal with what’s actually been posted when you see my name. No one else feels compelled to belittle folks consistently, however you seem to use is it as some sort of flex every chance you get. It’s too bad, because I find your responses helpful in other places upvote accordingly.… too bad you can’t return some basic courtesy.
  • Options
    edited December 2023

Are we talking about my first run ever at necropolis when I never used aegon at R4 where I just blasted through because I didn’t care and had resources to spare? Or bgs where I start in plat when the season starts? Guess I just have zero skill….which you probably just assumed I am struggling in bronze.

Why don’t you deal with what’s actually been posted when you see my name. No one else feels compelled to belittle folks consistently, however you seem to use is it as some sort of flex every chance you get. It’s too bad, because I find your responses helpful in other places upvote accordingly.… too bad you can’t return some basic courtesy.
    Not really, I said that because you yourself said you never make it past Uru 3. That means two things 1. you're a decent player but nothing too crazy and 2. your roster isn't that big. I wasn't going to say anything about Necropolis.

As for my actual response to your comments, you can see it above. The reason you're getting pummeled isn't because of the meta, if this was a different nuke meta you would still be getting pummeled regardless. The season just started, whales haven't even had a chance to climb up yet, that's how competition works it's really that simple. This has nothing to do with the meta but with the competitive aspect of BGs and matchmaking.
  • Options

Are we talking about my first run ever at necropolis when I never used aegon at R4 where I just blasted through because I didn’t care and had resources to spare? Or bgs where I start in plat when the season starts? Guess I just have zero skill….which you probably just assumed I am struggling in bronze.

Not really, I said that because you yourself said you never make it past Uru 3. That means two things 1. you're a decent player but nothing too crazy and 2. your roster isn't that big. I wasn't going to say anything about Necropolis.

As for my actual response to your comments, you can see it above. The reason you're getting pummeled isn't because of the meta, if this was a different nuke meta you would still be getting pummeled regardless. The season just started, whales haven't even had a chance to climb up yet, that's how competition works it's really that simple. This has nothing to do with the meta but with the competitive aspect of BGs and matchmaking.
    If you read my posts, I never complained about the meta… and I actually discussed the whole “moving up” issue. In summary, it gets easier later on IF the player base plays BGs. When the rewards aren’t there, you are more likely to get stuck W-L cycle even late in the season because the pool of players diminishes. Players who aren’t whales lose interest. Only developed rosters keep playing because they have the only hope of moving up.