Options

BG meta Complaining Thread

123457»

Comments

• Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

This meta is pretty dumb. Get to your nuke special ASAP and launch it. The fastest person wins. People who like it are the ones with the rosters who can win.

The fastest person wins? No sh1t! I thought the slowest one always wins which wouldn't be as dumb.
    You people with your silly responses. I’m in C5 right now. Where are you?
    Let's stop there for a bit. You said you don't like the meta and the people who like it are the ones that have rosters big enough to win, which means you don't have a roster big enough to win hence you don't like the meta, but now you say you're in C5?' How if you can't win? 💀
    Where did I say I can't win? Where are at again?

Let me break it down for you. I am liking the meta because I can win, but find it objectively bad. I have a 6r4 Werewolf which alone is a free win.

Objectively bad? Where are all the complaints then? Everyone's having a blast judging by what's been said on this thread and a few others.
    It’s a blast in the lower ranks for sure. Don’t think I lose more than 5 matches till V2.

But when you’re up against tougher accounts it’s quite roster and draft dependent. I’m predicting that people will get more frustrated with the meta once they start to run into people who do every fight in 40s or less.

The problem with the nodes is the 400% damage which is typically fine for content since health pools are much larger; I think it would be much better at 200%.

And a ton of champs work but they will not beat the top options when you’re in D1 or above.
    I'm already doing nearly every fight in 40 so I don't see how that would be a problem.

I'm already in Diamond 1, I'm not frustrated at all. You win some you lose some, that's just how it is. I think the problem here is that you're assuming every account is huge and every single player is good because you're already in C5 but that's not even 10% of the playerbase.
    There were less than ~100 in C5 at the time. That's not even in the ball park of 10%. If you think it takes playing all day for 3 days to get to GC in this nuke meta, you should refrain from questioning other people's skill levels.

You're free to disagree with my opinion but if you're going to be rude, back it up with you (lack of) skills.
    Some of the players that went to the Battlerealm Brawl aren't in Celestial yet, if that doesn't scream I no-life this game harder than the people who went to a tournament I don't know what does.

I did back up what I said, not with skills but by naming about 65-70 champs who are viable for the meta. We can talk about skills all day, that's not what the thread is about. You brought up skills after you got in your feelings because I poked fun at the fact that you said "this meta is pretty dumb, the fastest person wins"... Of course the fastest person wins it's a competition you donut 💀
    Wait a minute…I thought slow and steady won the race? 🧐
    If you have more health yeah lol but I'm about to hit V3 and nobody really loses health here so 9 times out of 10 it all comes down to speed.
    Which is exactly the problem. A meta that results in everyone nuking everything as fast as possible is not a good one. You took this opinion as an opportunity to insult my intelligence, then get upset that you're still in D1 in this easy meta.
    Conversely, a Meta that frustrates people from bothering out the gate is just as unproductive. I mean, I just started today, so I don't mind adjusting. It's just that there are points all-around.
    I get that people constantly complaining here tends to be grating, but if the Meta is enough to expect them to complain, and a number of people post about it, they can't all be whining for the sake of it.
    The whining comes from not being able to adapt immediately. I remember when armor up was the meta before and my roster suffered as i lacked champions like galan or hulkling, but instead of whining, i looked into my roster to see what options worked out and added them to my deck. This gave me a better understanding of more champions, and prepared my roster for if any nodes that were in that meta were to appear in other parts of the game. If someone has a heavy deck fully reliant on champions like hercules, hulk, juggernaut, and all these heavy hitters only, this meta is meant for them to give some attention to their DOT options, and learning how much more versatile some options are compared to others, like how rarely any champion is immune to rupture and scorpion, tigra, WWBN and Sassy are all great options suddenly. If every meta catered to champions everyone has ranked up already, other champions on the roster would be ignored forever.
    I would add that BG seasons like this one place hard choices on players who aren’t overflowing with materials. Opportunity costs and apprehension about making choices that turn out to be short-sighted abound.

Do you rank someone who may help you in BGs but might not in SQ or AW? Do you rank the 6* version knowing you may pull the 7* version? Do you awaken and sig a champ simply because it makes them viable in BGs?

This discomfort is at the heart of a lot of BGs meta heartburn.

Dr. Zola
    I totally get that, in the end people gotta decide what will get them further in the game, or what works best for them. For me I typically make do with what i have but ik paragons get a lot more rank up materials. Players at like TB and under ultimately have to decide what game mode will get them to further progress the most efficiently in a meta like this. I believe the beauty in BGs is just using champions you would otherwise never use, which is better than just blitzing every meta with CGR, galan, hulkling, herc, KP, etc. Players discontent with this meta could also likely have those champions already ranked with the idea that they will prove useful in every meta.
  • Options
    ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★

DrZola said:

This meta is pretty dumb. Get to your nuke special ASAP and launch it. The fastest person wins. People who like it are the ones with the rosters who can win.

The fastest person wins? No sh1t! I thought the slowest one always wins which wouldn't be as dumb.
    Let's stop there for a bit. You said you don't like the meta and the people who like it are the ones that have rosters big enough to win, which means you don't have a roster big enough to win hence you don't like the meta, but now you say you're in C5?' How if you can't win? 💀

Let me break it down for you. I am liking the meta because I can win, but find it objectively bad. I have a 6r4 Werewolf which alone is a free win.

Objectively bad? Where are all the complaints then? Everyone's having a blast judging by what's been said on this thread and a few others.
    It’s a blast in the lower ranks for sure. Don’t think I lose more than 5 matches till V2.

But when you’re up against tougher accounts it’s quite roster and draft dependent. I’m predicting that people will get more frustrated with the meta once they start to run into people who do every fight in 40s or less.

The problem with the nodes is the 400% damage which is typically fine for content since health pools are much larger; I think it would be much better at 200%.

And a ton of champs work but they will not beat the top options when you’re in D1 or above.
    I'm already doing nearly every fight in 40 so I don't see how that would be a problem.

I'm already in Diamond 1, I'm not frustrated at all. You win some you lose some, that's just how it is. I think the problem here is that you're assuming every account is huge and every single player is good because you're already in C5 but that's not even 10% of the playerbase.
    There were less than ~100 in C5 at the time. That's not even in the ball park of 10%. If you think it takes playing all day for 3 days to get to GC in this nuke meta, you should refrain from questioning other people's skill levels.

You're free to disagree with my opinion but if you're going to be rude, back it up with you (lack of) skills.
    Some of the players that went to the Battlerealm Brawl aren't in Celestial yet, if that doesn't scream I no-life this game harder than the people who went to a tournament I don't know what does.

I did back up what I said, not with skills but by naming about 65-70 champs who are viable for the meta. We can talk about skills all day, that's not what the thread is about. You brought up skills after you got in your feelings because I poked fun at the fact that you said "this meta is pretty dumb, the fastest person wins"... Of course the fastest person wins it's a competition you donut 💀
    If you have more health yeah lol but I'm about to hit V3 and nobody really loses health here so 9 times out of 10 it all comes down to speed.
    Which is exactly the problem. A meta that results in everyone nuking everything as fast as possible is not a good one. You took this opinion as an opportunity to insult my intelligence, then get upset that you're still in D1 in this easy meta.
    Conversely, a Meta that frustrates people from bothering out the gate is just as unproductive. I mean, I just started today, so I don't mind adjusting. It's just that there are points all-around.
    I get that people constantly complaining here tends to be grating, but if the Meta is enough to expect them to complain, and a number of people post about it, they can't all be whining for the sake of it.
    The whining comes from not being able to adapt immediately. I remember when armor up was the meta before and my roster suffered as i lacked champions like galan or hulkling, but instead of whining, i looked into my roster to see what options worked out and added them to my deck. This gave me a better understanding of more champions, and prepared my roster for if any nodes that were in that meta were to appear in other parts of the game. If someone has a heavy deck fully reliant on champions like hercules, hulk, juggernaut, and all these heavy hitters only, this meta is meant for them to give some attention to their DOT options, and learning how much more versatile some options are compared to others, like how rarely any champion is immune to rupture and scorpion, tigra, WWBN and Sassy are all great options suddenly. If every meta catered to champions everyone has ranked up already, other champions on the roster would be ignored forever.
    I would add that BG seasons like this one place hard choices on players who aren’t overflowing with materials. Opportunity costs and apprehension about making choices that turn out to be short-sighted abound.

Do you rank someone who may help you in BGs but might not in SQ or AW? Do you rank the 6* version knowing you may pull the 7* version? Do you awaken and sig a champ simply because it makes them viable in BGs?

Dr. Zola
    I totally get that, in the end people gotta decide what will get them further in the game, or what works best for them. For me I typically make do with what i have but ik paragons get a lot more rank up materials. Players at like TB and under ultimately have to decide what game mode will get them to further progress the most efficiently in a meta like this. I believe the beauty in BGs is just using champions you would otherwise never use, which is better than just blitzing every meta with CGR, galan, hulkling, herc, KP, etc. Players discontent with this meta could also likely have those champions already ranked with the idea that they will prove useful in every meta.
    That’s kinda the point of this, to me — this discussion really does fascinate me, because it really is interesting learning how people approach the game.

Say you have a 6-star, 5/65 Hercules. Ascended.

Should you automatically have the right to use that kit EVERY SINGLE DAY, IN EVERY SINGLE GAME MODE, to nuke EVERYTHING?

Because the kit is very good almost everywhere, someone invests in it…so they make the logic leap that since they invested in it and resources aren’t free, they should therefore get to to use it everywhere else?

Or is it that in a game with 250-plus characters, Kabam has a responsibility to the player base to have at least SOMETHING, SOME CONTENT, where many of those 250-plus kits are perfectly usable — and actually better than 5/65 Ascended Hercules — for just that mode for a limited amount of time, just based on the simple fact that not everyone has Hercules, by RNG?

Personally, I think the second option is better for the long-term health of the game.

For example, I was in a thread about Gladiator recently. There’s an argument to be made that the kit could be stronger.

But if you’re Kabam, you’re NEVER gonna allow another Hercules to get out the door.

So if there a risk of a character being “too good” or “could be stronger,” guess which way they’re gonna go?

That matters for this reason: If people say, “Oh, I have all 10 busted OP characters in the game so I am not gonna do anything unless I can use them,” then what, exactly, do people expect Kabam to do each month with releases and content, etc.?

The bigger risk, IN MY OPINION, is letting 5-10 busted kits dictate EVERY SINGLE THING that happens in this game, than if people who want to use those busted kits everywhere sit out one game mode considering not everyone has all of busted kits.

Again, that’s just my opinion. People certainly feel differently, and I understand that because resources aren’t “free.” You gotta do something to get them, so I am not saying anyone is “wrong.”

My opinion is that we probably don’t want to live in a world where Kabam is backed into a corner where 5-10 kits dictate EVERYTHING they do. Because many of us were here when 12.0 dropped, and just because they haven’t done it since doesn’t mean they can’t or won’t
  • Options
    ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Dr. Zola
    Speaking of 12.0, Doctor Zola: Tell me you have our old friend Doc Strange in your deck, reliving the glory days 😅😎