Options

Winter of Woe Community Chat [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• Options
    Jazz_MessengerJazz_Messenger Posts: 154
    Polygon said:

Emilia90 said:

After more testing, it seems like Guilly is easily the best option for #robot (unless warlock turns out to be a god for it), but it’s a painful fight like someone else said. Solo is possible but really really hard because he’ll crit into block sometimes, but she can do it in one 20% revive if you play it perfectly and the AI cooperates

So glad I picked Hulk over Bishop from the selector cause he’s my only good option for Gamma. I’ll take him to r2 and try again and again and hopefully that should be a solo

I have no sandman over a 5* level so I’m pretty screwed for sinister 6 😭

I am in the same boat. I picked Hulk from 7* Selector from Necropolis. I have Guillotine 2099. But my highest Sandman is only 4*…
    I really feel bad for you. I don’t have the 6* (for some reason almost everyone has him as a 6 or 7*) so they cant feel the pain I’m about to have using the 5* ascended.

Shocker isnt ideal for the fight and I wouldn’t even bother with Mysterio.

The worst part about this event despite all the complains is that its just so frustratingly limited on options. I have to use a 5* Sandman that i just took to r5 and ascended
    Good luck. Let us know how that goes. If I pull 5* before the event ends, I’ll be doing the same. Otherwise, I’ll give it a try with Shocker.
  • Options
    XSquadXSquad Posts: 146 ★★
    Can we know now what other tags we need moving forward?? Thanks.
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,212 ★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

@Jefechuta To be honest, maybe less than a 1000 people watched the livestream and paid attention. The others who joined the livestream were there just for the giveaway. Not everyone knew the energy cost until the content was released. Even a couple of my alliance mates who actually heard everything on the live stream kind of forgot that it cost 10 energy and were surprised when they entered the quest.

It did come as a shock to the rest of community at large who didn’t attend the livestream that they have this super OP fight that they just go in with 10 energy take a blocked hit/parry and have to restart. Before you know it, you are out of energy and have to wait few hours to go in again. Had this fight been less punishing, people may have got a chance to actually experience the fight somewhat. So you can’t separate the 2 issues from each other.

As to your analogy, a more appropriate one would be people went to buy iPhone 14 but were sold an iPhone 15 pro max and were also charged a couple of thousand extra because the store thought there should be an additional cost to it.

Thats not accurate at all, not only we had the post on Monday about all the info on this event, including the energy cost, but we had youtubers uploading videos with the info, which are not viewed by 1k or 2k people but by 10k or 20k.

And I dont think thats analogy is accurate, since an Iphone 15 would be better than the 14 version, in this case, the phone we get is worse, since the fight is trash.

I think attacking the energy like thats the problem is wrong, since thats not the main source of the problem.

Ill give you another analogy, if you put salt into a sweet cake, you cant blame other ingredients, only the salt, because thats what makes the cake taste like garbage, the salt here is the fight, and we are blaming the eggs just because.
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,327 ★★★★★
    Jefechuta said:

Graves_3 said:

@Jefechuta To be honest, maybe less than a 1000 people watched the livestream and paid attention. The others who joined the livestream were there just for the giveaway. Not everyone knew the energy cost until the content was released. Even a couple of my alliance mates who actually heard everything on the live stream kind of forgot that it cost 10 energy and were surprised when they entered the quest.

It did come as a shock to the rest of community at large who didn’t attend the livestream that they have this super OP fight that they just go in with 10 energy take a blocked hit/parry and have to restart. Before you know it, you are out of energy and have to wait few hours to go in again. Had this fight been less punishing, people may have got a chance to actually experience the fight somewhat. So you can’t separate the 2 issues from each other.

As to your analogy, a more appropriate one would be people went to buy iPhone 14 but were sold an iPhone 15 pro max and were also charged a couple of thousand extra because the store thought there should be an additional cost to it.

Thats not accurate at all, not only we had the post on Monday about all the info on this event, including the energy cost, but we had youtubers uploading videos with the info, which are not viewed by 1k or 2k people but by 10k or 20k.

And I dont think thats analogy is accurate, since an Iphone 15 would be better than the 14 version, in this case, the phone we get is worse, since the fight is trash.

I think attacking the energy like thats the problem is wrong, since thats not the main source of the problem.

Ill give you another analogy, if you put salt into a sweet cake, you cant blame other ingredients, only the salt, because thats what makes the cake taste like garbage, the salt here is the fight, and we are blaming the eggs just because.
    Can you please point to the post where they talked about energy requirement prior to the event?
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,327 ★★★★★
    And also are YouTubers a reliable source of information? Haven’t you seen posts about titan pool a few days ago where Jax mentioned only the forums/livestream/in game mail as official source of information.
  • Options
    The_0wenpusThe_0wenpus Posts: 133

I'd suggest using Sasquatch for the Gamma objective. Stagger on heavy means no unstoppable if you play right, intercepting specials. However, Sassy's main damage source of his sp2 doesn't work with dot immunity. His sp3 is the way to go.

Never mind, that Regen gets insane as abs' health decreases.
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,586 ★★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

Jefechuta said:

Graves_3 said:

Can you please point to the post where they talked about energy requirement prior to the event?
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/359302/new-end-game-content-winter-of-woe-starts-feb-7th/p1

This is the only write up I can find myself and it says nothing about energy costs in there. This guy is just trying to wind people up in my opinion. Talking about things he knows little about
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,586 ★★★★★
    Mackey said:

Graves_3 said:

Jefechuta said:

Graves_3 said:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/359302/new-end-game-content-winter-of-woe-starts-feb-7th/p1

This is the only write up I can find myself and it says nothing about energy costs in there. This guy is just trying to wind people up in my opinion. Talking about things he knows little about
    Come to.think of it, I haven't actually seen official mention of this increas of energy, pretty poor for a company to.make such a big change and not ensure it's put through as many channels as possible so we're all informed prior to the content. Shady
  • Options
    Goji88Goji88 Posts: 36
    edited February 9
    I am having trouble verifying how many points I should or will have. I completed the gamma objective with an r3 hulk. I am sitting at 2 milestone points. Am I getting a third point later? If yes, please point to an official source. I saw the announcement and maybe missed where and when this extra point for completion will be rewarded. And thank you in advance for any help.
  • Options
    When is kabam issuing the extra objective point?
  • Options
    mbracembrace Posts: 840 ★★★
    @TP33 “if he so much as looks at you hard enough you take 100000 damage and die instantly” 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂
  • Options
    Vito ScalettaVito Scaletta Posts: 376 ★★★
    I managed to do the sinister six objective with r3 mysterio in 2 revives, but holy. The AI just makes everything 10x worse.
  • Options
    Wasy1Wasy1 Posts: 98
    I didn't get the extra point for doing robot challenge
  • Options
    Potatoslice500Potatoslice500 Posts: 230 ★★
    Greekhit said:

Logan00 said:

One of the most frustrating and against player content I have seen so far in the game. The energy cost the regen is really nonsense

It’s not the energy cost, it’s not the crazy regen, it’s not the Unstoppable, it’s not the degen from Brute Force, heck it isn’t the extreme limited pool of champs that can be used for the objectives.
    It’s the combination of them all together that make it BS.
    Couple of these things need to be taken out, in order for the fight to still remain hard, but not that hard that only less than 0.1% of the player base find challenging.
    A company that big should have people who know that
    you don’t wait for numbers to go south in your data to correct things.
    You see the early signs and you prevent that.
    As long as this fight stays live as it is, things will only get worse.
    It's basically a r3 7 giveaway to the top players in the game, an endless resource drain for everyone else.
  • Options
    Suros_moonSuros_moon Posts: 456 ★★★
    I soloed with a r1 7 star sandman as well as a r3 6 star she hulk. Ive been practicing the guillotine 2099 run but even with a perfect run (0 healing all re-parries landed) she doesnt have the health to solo it. I did 84% in one run but the solo is insanely tight for a r1 7 stat
  • Options
    Logan00Logan00 Posts: 578 ★★★

I soloed with a r1 7 star sandman as well as a r3 6 star she hulk. Ive been practicing the guillotine 2099 run but even with a perfect run (0 healing all re-parries landed) she doesnt have the health to solo it. I did 84% in one run but the solo is insanely tight for a r1 7 stat

Can you do the dash-in with She-hulk? Otherwise which strategy you used?
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,184 ★★★★★
    edited February 10
    Logan00 said:

Imho either you have a rank 3 7* hulk or you are an ultra skill player with She-hulk or in your run all the planets align or simply forget it. This fight needs to be done solo otherwise abs man start to regen like crazy and gain back all the health. I have a rank 1 7* hulk and in my best run I managed to take him down to 35% health, revived and then he went back to 80% in seconds. Rank 3, Sig 200 she-hulk, just managed to take him down to 80%, I don't know how to do the dash-in. Spent countless energy before accepting I can't do this fight, so I won't.

I have a rank 2 hulk and he did it in like 2:30 total and that's with me messing up and dying when abs man clipped me with a special at 30%

A r1 hulk can definitely do this fight, it would just take longer and you'd have to play better
  • Options
    Logan00Logan00 Posts: 578 ★★★
    edited February 10
    ahmynuts said:

Logan00 said:

Imho either you have a rank 3 7* hulk or you are an ultra skill player with She-hulk or in your run all the planets align or simply forget it. This fight needs to be done solo otherwise abs man start to regen like crazy and gain back all the health. I have a rank 1 7* hulk and in my best run I managed to take him down to 35% health, revived and then he went back to 80% in seconds. Rank 3, Sig 200 she-hulk, just managed to take him down to 80%, I don't know how to do the dash-in. Spent countless energy before accepting I can't do this fight, so I won't.

I have a rank 2 hulk and he did it in like 2:30 total and that's with me messing up and dying when abs man clipped me with a special at 30%

A r1 hulk can definitely do this fight, it would just take longer and you'd have to play better
    Maybe you are right but so far I haven't seen any, masteries maybe?
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,184 ★★★★★
    Logan00 said:

ahmynuts said:

Logan00 said:

Maybe you are right but so far I haven't seen any, masteries maybe?
    Sp3 and burst abs man down but don't go so crazy that he kills you. I'm only trying to counter your point about hulk, not trying to say the fight is good in any way because it's not lol