Magic Thief - NEEDS NERF ASAP

Comments

• startropicsstartropics Member Posts: 740 ★★★★
    edited March 3
    it's so bad they've even lost touch with veteran war players with years of t1 experience. the sudden difficulty change is so snobby and elitist, like who is this even targeted to?
  • Mr.0-8-4Mr.0-8-4 Member Posts: 483 ★★★
    It's a hard defense tactic but it's beatable....until you face off against Bullseye.

Then it's a nightmare.
  • ace007venturaace007ventura Member Posts: 30

Pikolu said:

Freaking ridiculous and they drop this on the weekend so they probably won’t fix it before the season starts

Season starts in 11 days. I'd be surprised if it wasn't fixed by then.

I'm just glad the bugs with the tactic were made apparent during the offseason and not the actual season.
    Crush/Sturdy was left a mess for an entire season, it still wasn't great last season. I'm not holding out hope, they keep trying out these fancy tactics that sound cool in principle but just suck any skill and fun out of the game.

Can't wait to face an Adam warlock on one eye open hazard shift node.
    Dude !!! I am literally stuck on this node right now & came here to see how everyone else were dealing with this.

• BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,899 ★★★★★

Pikolu said:

Freaking ridiculous and they drop this on the weekend so they probably won’t fix it before the season starts

Season starts in 11 days. I'd be surprised if it wasn't fixed by then.

I'm just glad the bugs with the tactic were made apparent during the offseason and not the actual season.
    Crush/Sturdy was left a mess for an entire season, it still wasn't great last season. I'm not holding out hope, they keep trying out these fancy tactics that sound cool in principle but just suck any skill and fun out of the game.

Can't wait to face an Adam warlock on one eye open hazard shift node.
    War im in we have a kate bishop on that node its bad like im just healing her than damaging
  • AtluzmaxAtluzmax Member Posts: 6
    What do you think about node 49?
  • fabsgrassifabsgrassi Member Posts: 47
    kus234 said:

Kabam thinks every alliance has a war planner officer beyond t5 wars. Its not true, not everyone has time to do so, but as said before, who cares about time anyway. The average allies will keep scoring like 60 deaths per BG and thats it

I don't think it's about planning . The nodes are not doable even if u plan . There are tons of interactions where u cannot get the defender down.. it's a **** tactic what was not tested and thrown to us... What Kabam should have used as Attack Tactic Should say "Pay 5 Dollars to solo the defender " use that tactic for perfect war.

Indeed; planning and exchanging paths for better match ups maybe make some fights better, but surely there are some that are pure bs
  • GomezlinkGomezlink Member Posts: 227
    The biggest problem is not just the difficulty, but the bug, passive prowless is not being exchanged for indestructible of the opponent
  • kus234kus234 Member Posts: 271 ★★
    I see certain fights the opponent is starting with Indestructible..how???? Will try to post a Vid..
  • kus234kus234 Member Posts: 271 ★★
    kus234 said:

I see certain fights the opponent is starting with Indestructible..how???? Will try to post a Vid..

I have 2 short clips to prove how in one instance the defender starts with Indestructible..how can I post Videos here??
  • NeinoIIINeinoIII Member Posts: 64
    "The tactic is not working as intended and the difficulty is lower than what we planned for so we will be revamping it." -Kabam probably
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Member Posts: 2,351 ★★★★★

Ya it’s beyond ridiculous that this could be tested and approved.

• Bugmat78Bugmat78 Member Posts: 2,351 ★★★★★

I run path 9. There aren’t a lot of immunity options for the hazard shifts. Any plan to mitigate those?

Same here - it's **** - like 4 attackers and half will probably be banned. Would like to see devs do every path with tactics to show us how reasonable they are before release.
  • mmartin5817mmartin5817 Member Posts: 93
    I’m just taking notes. One eye open ✅. Hazard shift ✅. Other pain nodes ✅. Just updated my champs go magic thief’s. Gonna get 50 kills this aw 😂
  • iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Member Posts: 728 ★★★★
    Watch kabam take a few days to respond this and only fixing the bug about the indestructible not being removed and completely ignoring the other bad interactions, such as the unblockable nodes/champions

Either kabam not learned their lesson or this is completely intentional as an attempt to drive more and more item usage in AW, when Crush was announced, kabam said they were going to bring back some older defense tactic and this current tactic is a copycat of Stubborn, which was also hated back in 2019-2020

i'm concerned that kabam will keep this tactic the way it is for 2 months and the next tactic will be another one that was hated and just giving another name/champs tags
  • Lil_DraKulaLil_DraKula Member Posts: 29
    Heinz11 said:

I just fought a thing on path 1 and omg this fight is impossible, i tried a r2 7* storm x which is an xmagica attacker and a maxed out kate bishop and he’s still at full health. This magic thief tactic just isnt gonna work with a lot of other node combinations and defenders in certain fights

Void should work. He’s tactic and will handle any regen
    He wont work if that fight had a hulkling instead for example, too many regens he gon go unblockable and start stacking indestructible from the tactic and boom u cant parry anymore and the fight is over. This tactic has to change u cant let the whole counter rely solely on well timed blocks when we have an entire path of unblockable nodes and anti parry nodes like node 49
  • PandingoPandingo Member Posts: 1,041 ★★★★
    And on top of all that. What happens when alliances start banning the limited pool of answers to the point where answers just don't exist and now you can't do the fight without spending units on revives and potions. Is war going to become another everest content you don't have to do if it's too hard in thier eyes? Would the solution be to not allow banning xmagick champs?
  • Matty_IceMatty_Ice Member Posts: 594 ★★★
    Void is going to be banned every war. He’s the only champ that can deal with heal nodes. Claire and toad are the only tactics that can deal with node 49. But If you put a poison or incinerate immune, now it’s just 1 of those. Iceman is the only one who can deal with path 9 and bullseye well.

So void, Claire/toad, and iceman bans make for some un-counter-able fights.
  • SuelGamesSuelGames Member Posts: 947 ★★★
    No mod comented on this absurd yet?
  • Little_Crocodili29Little_Crocodili29 Member Posts: 309 ★★★
    edited March 3
    zuffy said:

It happening so often, I think these are intentionally overtuned. Then kabam will respond a week or later saying they will tone it down to exactly where they want it. Give themself a pat on the shoulder, “yup, we tone it down for the community”

I know we're referred to as "dumbonners" by some of them, and sometimes treated like dirt in the forums, and don't forget our time spent using their product isn't important, but jeez... would they go thru all this trouble on purpose? They can't possibly think that upsetting the hell out of players is a good thing...

I reckon it's lack of testing and foresight of the interactions between nodes and champions rather than some extremely flawed strategy. Both are terrible tbh.