So what do we think of the Daily Super event?

Comments

• _Pez__Pez_ Member Posts: 247 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Haven't addressed how we will still get our super valuable cavalier objective crystals, that's what I want to know
  • JediJones77JediJones77 Member Posts: 170 β˜…

To be frank we got 2 t4a from polies just for playing arenas and duels, but just 1.5 t4a from SOS. 1 t4a just for logging in, and 1 t4a for busting through 25 zones in incursions.

What? I only got 1 t4a from Poolies. I have never gotten a t4a for logging in. My lifetime t4a is 1 and slightly over a half. Some of the shards came from the Winter of Woe quest.
  • mbracembrace Member Posts: 883 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    What are we talking about? Where is this event?

There's nothing worse than arena wins 22hr event falling on a Sunday, so if nothing else, there's that to look forward to...

I don't think I have EVER seen it when there wasn't enough overlap into early Sunday or late Monday to do the "good" arenas. I mean maybe one time in 2 years? It takes like a half hour to do enough in the good arenas to hit all the milestones for me.
    edited June 14

Great change. Don’t need to re-run paragon gauntlet to get points in the event.

That is absolutely not something you would EVER have to do. All you have to do to complete this event is save the highest point value quests, which are parts 5 and 6 of Thronebreaker, and do them only when the event is running throughout the month. Just doing two of the 6th part maxes the event. Doing one of the 6th part and the Paragon Gauntlet also maxes the event. And doing one of the 5th and 6th parts each gets you 31,750 of 34,000 points. You can get the rest of the points from your choice of quests for that last one. Both paths of the higher Apothecary quest cover it (2000 points each).

Of course, there are many other ways to complete this within the daily energy allotment, and using refills you probably have expiring anyway. That's just the quickest way. Here's a guide on which monthly quests get you how many points. Note that Kabam raised the point values for quests months ago, but have still NEVER updated the point values the event information box displays from the old numbers:

Contender
    1.1 400
    1.2 675
    2.1 1335
    2.2 1470
    3.1 2250
    3.2 3000
    Proven
    1.1 450
    1.2 750
    2.1 1470
    2.2 1600
    3.1 2500
    3.2 3375
    Conqueror
    1.1 1000
    1.2 1690
    2.1 1670
    2.2 1870
    3.1 2875
    3.2 3750
    Uncollected
    1.1 1250
    1.2 2250
    2.1 2670
    2.2 3000
    3.1 3750
    3.2 5250
    Cavalier
    1.1 2500
    1.2 4500
    2.1 5335
    2.2 6000
    3.1 7500
    3.2 10500
    Thronebreaker
    1.1 3000
    1.2 6750
    2.1 8000
    2.2 10000
    3.1 13750
    3.2 18000
    Paragon Gauntlet 18000
    Nope, just saying that the speed is somewhat dependent on your roster. Having more 6s and 7s helps. But arenas are easy for everybody and it won't take long for most people to max the Arena Wins event.
  • Crys23Crys23 Member Posts: 808 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    30 units instead of 25 daily. I like it. Someone do the math on the gold in this new event vs gold crystals from previous events. But I assume it's comparable, so all good from me.
    edited June 14
    Crys23 said:

Someone do the math on the gold in this new event vs gold crystals from previous events. But I assume it's comparable, so all good from me.

A couple of us in this thread did. It's a MASSIVE reduction in the potential daily gold you could get. At Paragon, you're getting only 200,000 gold compared to a minimum before of 523,700 (which would average out to more due to crystal RNG). That's from doing one 22-hour event and three 7-hour events per day.

And that's not counting more RNG gold from opening objective crystals, which are part of what's being taken away.

And there are other issues. ALL striker material is absent from the new rewards, Iso, shards and alloy fragments. And some lower-level types of rewards are now gone if you're at a higher level, like t4 class crystals and 5-star sig stones. Granted, having an option for 6-star stones is better than 5-star, but you do still need t4cc to rank up 6-stars.

You get 30k gold from just login in now and claiming from the rank up store.

We're getting that already. It's not part of this event reconfiguration. I believe I'm getting 20,000 as a Paragon, not 30,000. Even 30,000 is less than 10% what this change is taking away from Paragons.
  • Crys23Crys23 Member Posts: 808 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Crys23 said:

Someone do the math on the gold in this new event vs gold crystals from previous events. But I assume it's comparable, so all good from me.

A couple of us in this thread did. It's a MASSIVE reduction in the potential daily gold you could get. At Paragon, you're getting only 200,000 gold compared to a minimum before of 523,700 (which would average out to more due to crystal RNG). That's from doing one 22-hour event and three 7-hour events per day.

And that's not counting more RNG gold from opening objective crystals, which are part of what's being taken away.

And there are other issues. ALL striker material is absent from the new rewards, Iso, shards and alloy fragments. And some lower-level types of rewards are now gone if you're at a higher level, like t4 class crystals and 5-star sig stones. Granted, having an option for 6-star stones is better than 5-star, but you do still need t4cc to rank up 6-stars.
    I am doing the milestones in every 22h event, but maybe 1-2 7h events. But often none. And I'm at over 300mil gold. So I'm not concerned about the gold.
    But the lower level stuff I will miss. I want to be able to max sig all my 5*. All my 4* are already max sig and I can max the new ones as soon as I get them. I don't want to lose that.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,498 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I think it looks great on paper. Simplifies a lot of waiting and chasing.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Member Posts: 2,354 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited June 14

There's nothing worse than arena wins 22hr event falling on a Sunday, so if nothing else, there's that to look forward to...

This is so true - always skip those Sunday arenas.

Also I always waited for level up due to the milestones to rank my newer champs, but not having to worry about that will be nice!

I am wary of losing lower tier champ mats though. As mentioned earlier in the thread t3cc is so rare now for me. Will that happen to t4cc next for valiants?
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,734 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

My personal opinion is

MAKE THIS SHII PERMANENT RIGHT EFFIN NOWπŸ—£οΈπŸ—£οΈ
    Kabam is absolutely COOKING with this one, they removed all the tedious stuff we had to do with a much much better alternative that gives MUCH BETTER REWARDS, absolute W.

What's the Super Event?
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,423 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited June 15

You get 30k gold from just login in now and claiming from the rank up store.

We're getting that already. It's not part of this event reconfiguration. I believe I'm getting 20,000 as a Paragon, not 30,000. Even 30,000 is less than 10% what this change is taking away from Paragons.
    And you think that was just a test and it wasn't thought out for the future? Also this change is temporal as a test too...
    And why are you counting 1 day (20k or 30k) as opposed of counting multiple 22 hr events? I mean you got to 500k ish that is not in 1 day...
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,279 Guardian
    mbrace said:

What are we talking about? Where is this event?

What's the Super Event?

Even if you hadn’t seen the Announcements, Stream Recap, or other threads describing it, you blew by the already asked answer in about the mid-to-late portion of 1st page of this Thread.

(Quote)

jdschw said:

What is the event? For those of us that couldn't attend the stream?

https://playcontestofchampions.com/news/daily-super-event/

• PandingoPandingo Member Posts: 1,041 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I like the idea to replace 4 hr check ins and solos getting a buff in the process. Not a fan of losing the daily crystal. Unless I missed it's inclusion in the rewards
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,279 Guardian
    For those comparing the GOLD before and after, is that taking into account the New Rankup Tab FREE Item with the choice of Gold vs Basic ISO ?

Or is it still short of Gold even if you factor that FREE ITEM into the equation ?
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,423 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

For those comparing the GOLD before and after, is that taking into account the New Rankup Tab FREE Item with the choice of Gold vs Basic ISO ?

Or is it still short of Gold even if you factor that FREE ITEM into the equation ?

They are not taking it into consideration cause apparently that is already established and has nothing to do with this comming event...πŸ™„
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,266 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Pandingo said:

I like the idea to replace 4 hr check ins and solos getting a buff in the process. Not a fan of losing the daily crystal. Unless I missed it's inclusion in the rewards

It's gonna be in the web store
  • startropicsstartropics Member Posts: 740 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    we’re going from 3 15% orange attack boosts a day from the 7hr solo events down to 1. can you make it 2 a day instead?
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,734 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

I think this gets a big HELL YEAH

I think this gets a big HELL YEAH

I just wish it didn't replace daily crystals.
    edited June 15
    ahmynuts said:

Pandingo said:

It's gonna be in the web store
    Just the one though correct? The double value was real πŸ˜… honestly that was the main draw to become valiant. Two daily of that tier value. And yes. This is awesome! Super excited that 22hr missions are finally getting a buff. But they needed a buff. Even the dev said it. No reason to cut out 24hr crystal in order to buff something outdated.
  • OldManHopOldManHop Member Posts: 294 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I would be perfectly happy if they made it permanent immediately.
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,132 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    So all you Valiant s, are you getting sog stone, t4a or titan shards?
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,619 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

So all you Valiant s, are you getting sog stone, t4a or titan shards?

Me personally when I have a choice between shards or catalyst fragments, I take the shards every time.