Serpent Really Isn’t Getting Rebalanced?

Comments

• EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,057 ★★★★★

Gotta milk the whales, who gaf about game balance smh

Yeah first they release a powerful defender, next months forward they release a hard counter. Same with Peni, Domino, IMIW, Bullseye and these past defenders
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,057 ★★★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

LET'S GOOOO ENERGY DAMAGE PER SECOND NOT BURST GET F***ED SERPENT.
    It’s promising but let’s see how she plays. Negasonic demonstrates we shouldn’t get too hype until we see game play outside of the deep dive
    True but in the rotation part we did see she was able to nuke down a Maestro in around 35 secs
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

It’s promising but let’s see how she plays. Negasonic demonstrates we shouldn’t get too hype until we see game play outside of the deep dive
    There is a very big difference between Negasonic and her, first off Negasonic can't get two bars of power in two seconds and she can't do a fight with class advantage in 35 secs.
    I get being a little skeptical still but the numbers on the deep dive don't lie and they're not bad, Negasonic's always looked meh and I did mention that when it came out.
    EdisonLaw said:

BigBlueOx said:

True but in the rotation part we did see she was able to nuke down a Maestro in around 35 secs
    This exactly, any champ who can do r3 Maestro in 35 secs is VERY good. I don't even think a r3 Chavez can beat that time.

BigBlueOx said:

There is a very big difference between Negasonic and her, first off Negasonic can't get two bars of power in two seconds and she can't do a fight with class advantage in 35 secs.
    I get being a little skeptical still but the numbers on the deep dive don't lie and they're not bad, Negasonic's always looked meh and I did mention that when it came out.
    Didn’t Shocker’s deep dive numbers lie?
    How many times has that happened in the last 5 years? Once, mistakes do happen, is it likely this is the case once again considering this is a Summoner's Choice champ? Lol very unlikely.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,484 ★★★★★

Gotta milk the whales, who gaf about game balance smh

The game has literally been built on releasing Champs, Nodes, and counters to them. It's not new, and it's not an injustice.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,865 ★★★★★

BigBlueOx said:

Yes because shocker pre buff had less damage, like half of the damage he have rn.
  • startropicsstartropics Member Posts: 729 ★★★★
    has anyone considered that this is out of the hands of the champ designer and the balance team?

they tell him to make a roadblock champion and he does and they tell the balance team to not nerf him and they don't and this is decided by the money managers above them.
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,008 ★★★★★

Kabam completely lied about him in the rebalance they were truthful on many others but when it comes to a defender who most ban cause he’s such a threat to the balance of the game they don’t nerf him and won’t discuss it anymore cause they did it intentionally cause they don’t care and they can make money off future counters and make everyone else suffer

No matter how the cards fall I find this to be a dangerous precedent… and ultimately the game will survive one champ like this, one that trivializes skilled gameplay to the point of barely relevant, but if this is a design trend that continues then I truly do worry about the direction we are heading in.

Enchantress while insanely complex is a return to norms, so hopefully Serpent remains an outlier.
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,008 ★★★★★

has anyone considered that this is out of the hands of the champ designer and the balance team?

they tell him to make a roadblock champion and he does and they tell the balance team to not nerf him and they don't and this is decided by the money managers above them.

That would be truly **** if accurate
  • startropicsstartropics Member Posts: 729 ★★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

That would be truly **** if accurate
    that's the most likely answer because it all comes from the top down. some of us buffoons are acting like it's rogue kabam employees doing this lol
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,865 ★★★★★

BigBlueOx said:

Yes because shocker pre buff had less damage, like half of the damage he have rn.
    The buff is irrelevant. I’m strictly talking about deep dive to release. Deep dive showed bigger numbers than we got. All I’m trying to say is temper expectations until she’s actually released and we get to use her.

I’m still not happy with Serpent as a whole. I have a R3 Serpent and it’s getting to the point where I’m seriously considering banning Serpent even though they only have a 6* because of how busted he is. I get so unlucky with my drafts that I don’t even get to draft mine. How unhealthy and broken is Serpent that he needs to just be auto banned?
    I understand your sentiment but Serpent is quite easy with the counters. Make sure you have chavez or kush (primary counter) and a secondary counter (wiccan, werewolf, doom).

I do have a r3 sarpant as well and I always let the opponent decide about the ban. On the rare ocassions he doesn't get banned, usually opponent get to draft him and I don't haha,
  • smdam38smdam38 Member Posts: 1,284 ★★★
    I have to say it.

I like Lagacy and watch his videos.
    But the Change.org petition thing?

It’s both ridiculous and hilarious.

Not really what it’s for.
  • HarryatomixHarryatomix Member Posts: 230 ★★

BigBlueOx said:

The buff is irrelevant. I’m strictly talking about deep dive to release. Deep dive showed bigger numbers than we got. All I’m trying to say is temper expectations until she’s actually released and we get to use her.

I’m still not happy with Serpent as a whole. I have a R3 Serpent and it’s getting to the point where I’m seriously considering banning Serpent even though they only have a 6* because of how busted he is. I get so unlucky with my drafts that I don’t even get to draft mine. How unhealthy and broken is Serpent that he needs to just be auto banned?
    I understand your sentiment but Serpent is quite easy with the counters. Make sure you have chavez or kush (primary counter) and a secondary counter (wiccan, werewolf, doom).

I do have a r3 sarpant as well and I always let the opponent decide about the ban. On the rare ocassions he doesn't get banned, usually opponent get to draft him and I don't haha,
    I ban Chavez and Wolf always
    I’m gonna start a change.org petition to try and keep people from banning Chavez and Wolf.
  • Jonnathan05Jonnathan05 Member Posts: 61
    What a lot of whining here.
    Why does serpent needs to be nerfed? because you can't win that fight?
    You aren't supposed to win everything, all of those "top" players thinking they are the best. just deal with it.
    It’s our default mode for bull poopy defenders

Sorry if you’re so high above us.

What’s your fix?
    I honestly want to know.
    Fair point and agreed.
    But now you have zero skills.