**UPDATE - iPAD STUCK FLICKERING SCREEN**
The 47.0.1 hotfix to address the issue of freezing & flashing lights on loading screens when trying to enter a fight, along with other smaller issues, is now ready to be downloaded through the App Store on IOS.
More information here.

The Stark Foundation is proud to announce its Perfect Match campaign

Comments

• SquidopusSquidopus Member Posts: 367 ★★★
    I’ll be honest, I think we were still within reach of 1 billion points, which is as far as I’m concerned the final milestone of the event (the rest were clearly the “bonus objectives”). It’s only a week in, and the points structure plus general bg play strats meant point gain was likely gonna be backloaded. I feel like this point injection was just to combat the tons of doom and gloom people were throwing around, which I guess hasn’t worked all that well seeing as people still seem to be catastrophizing. Whatever, hopefully we’ll at least see less posts about how we’re getting worse rewards with the new realm event (which wasn’t even true based on DNA’s linear projection unless everyone suddenly started caring about titan shards behind my back).
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,520 ★★★★★
    I appreciate this gesture. I had concerns about the goals. Thanks, Tony!
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,780 ★★★★★
    Squidopus said:

I’ll be honest, I think we were still within reach of 1 billion points, which is as far as I’m concerned the final milestone of the event (the rest were clearly the “bonus objectives”). It’s only a week in, and the points structure plus general bg play strats meant point gain was likely gonna be backloaded. I feel like this point injection was just to combat the tons of doom and gloom people were throwing around, which I guess hasn’t worked all that well seeing as people still seem to be catastrophizing. Whatever, hopefully we’ll at least see less posts about how we’re getting worse rewards with the new realm event (which wasn’t even true based on DNA’s linear projection unless everyone suddenly started caring about titan shards behind my back).

Personally I have mix feelings about this event and now this injection of points and the "promise" of future injections.
    I started this event thinking I am going to grind more than 5k, changed to I am grinding just enough to claim. Now I am gonna grind just 5k...🤷
    edited October 11
    228 said:

228 said:

100 cool points for the originality of the announcement. I laughed way more than I should’ve. Props to whoever came up with this.

That being said, I don’t understand people complaining about free stuff. Like why play the game? I don’t get the negativity coming from the comments. It’s literally free rewards….. just tell them thank you and go on about your day.

No one is complaining about the free stuff, people who complain are probably complaining about the bad design of the event. We got 100M points for free after week 1... That's how bad we were doing...
    And?? I imagine it’s quite difficult to estimate how literally the entire MCOC community is going to do a certain objective. Why not applaud them for trying something new and in a sense appreciate that they know they overestimated and want to give the community free rewards?
    Its hard to estimate that you need 300k players to score an avg of 5k points to hit the last milestome with data from 21 seasons before?.... Ok
  • DeaconDeacon Member Posts: 4,241 ★★★★★
    I approve this.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,404 Guardian

At the end of the event, all points donated by the Stark Foundation will be credited to the Bastion of the event.

Ok, but so WHO are the points CURRENTLY being credited to ?

Or did you find a way to increase the points without having to resort to the (EGGGGGGS… sorry, got a chicken stuck in my throat) implementation of giving the points to an actual player ?

At the end of the event, all points donated by the Stark Foundation will be credited to the Bastion of the event.

Or did you find a way to increase the points without having to resort to the (EGGGGGGS… sorry, got a chicken stuck in my throat) implementation of giving the points to an actual player ?
    Thet said the Bastion.. so instead of having the top contribution he will have top contribution + donation...
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,404 Guardian

Thet said the Bastion.. so instead of having the top contribution he will have top contribution + donation...
    That is at the END of the event, once they know who Bastion (top earner) is.
    I mean, what about NOW. Where are those extra points on the leaderboard ?

Or is there some “placeholder” Kabam account that has these charitable points, which nobody can see what that account is right now anyways, because it is not in any alliance (which is the only way, until the end, that you can see other people's scores, if they are in your alliance, or maybe friends list ?)
  • D_Ace_71D_Ace_71 Member Posts: 152
    DNA3000 said:

So instead of designing the realm events well, you'll just have bailout points put in?

Mr. Shoop…still teaching us all. :)
  • HoliolioHoliolio Member Posts: 25
    And here I thought that everybody just started playing more today. LOL
  • BloodyRoseBloodyRose Member Posts: 173
    For those of you worried about all us TB and lower accounts "getting all the rewards," a grant like this isn't gonna do it. It's the higher accounts lurking in VT "gifting" wins to the smaller accounts that will do it. I figure that based on my typical BG performance I will top out around 3500 points. If I get more, it's because of the generosity of farmers and campers.
  • Chris_SummersChris_Summers Member Posts: 264 ★★

Hail Hydra

Preach it JC.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,707 ★★★★★

So instead of designing the realm events well, you'll just have bailout points put in?

There are no bailout points, The Stark Foundation made a generous donation to the Battlerealm.
    That's the definition of a bailout though.
  • peixemacacopeixemacaco Member Posts: 2,487 ★★★★
    Thanks Mr. Stark!
  • SlayerOfGodsSlayerOfGods Member, Content Creators Posts: 512 Content Creator
    Buttehrs said:

There are no bailout points, The Stark Foundation made a generous donation to the Battlerealm.
    That's the definition of a bailout though.
    No because he literally just said it's not a bailout. Aren't you listening?! /s
  • The_Curd_BrosThe_Curd_Bros Member Posts: 100
    Thank you Stark Foundation and thank you @kabam (osyerus) rex for this generous donation and announcement! Just enjoy the positivity everyone!
  • kvirrkvirr Member Posts: 134

For immediate release October 10, 2024 - The Battlerealm

The Stark Foundation today announced its new Perfect Match campaign to support Summoners across the Battlerealm to achieve their goals and push to new heights. Inspired by its founder’s love of the Battlegrounds, the Perfect Match campaign will ensure that no Battlegrounds match is played in vain.

In the furtherance of this campaign and the Foundation’s mission, the Foundation intends to donate hundreds of millions of points to Jack’s Battlegrounds Blitz. The first of these donations has already been made, with additional donations planned as the event proceeds. At the end of the event, all points donated by the Stark Foundation will be credited to the Bastion of the event.

“By supporting important community initiatives like Jack’s Battlegrounds Blitz Realm Event, we can have a real impact on the lives and experiences of the Summoners,” said a spokesperson from the Foundation. “We want Summoners to know they aren’t alone, and there are many supporters out there who are invested in their success. We want to thank them for everything they do for the Battlerealm.”

____

The Stark Foundation is a philanthropy dedicated to the well-being of Summoners and the protection of the Battlerealm.

I knew something happened, I wondered why we jumped 100m points out of nowhere. Thank you Tony !
  • ShashankGuptaShashankGupta Member Posts: 432 ★★
    Can someone explain how we got extra points what kind of donation we received to get those points?
  • ege999menege999men Member Posts: 346 ★★

Damn, colour me surprised
  • Toproller89Toproller89 Member Posts: 837 ★★★

Can someone explain how we got extra points what kind of donation we received to get those points?

Kabam set milestones too high so their "donation" as they have framed it, is really just a points adjustment to get us over the billion mark, I would imagine anything over that is a bonus that we will have to grind for.
  • ThiartcThiartc Member Posts: 283 ★★
    no match played in vain - doesnt that just maybe tell us that those points are the one thing we complained about.

for one to win there has to one that loses, and you get less points for losing - these points are just those points that is the difference between winning and losing a match - no freebies, just equaling the winning and losing points
  • JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,581 ★★★★
    X-Corp would have just given us the titan, but still, this is nice
  • FrydayFryday Member Posts: 1,009 ★★★★

For immediate release October 10, 2024 - The Battlerealm

The Stark Foundation today announced its new Perfect Match campaign to support Summoners across the Battlerealm to achieve their goals and push to new heights. Inspired by its founder’s love of the Battlegrounds, the Perfect Match campaign will ensure that no Battlegrounds match is played in vain.

In the furtherance of this campaign and the Foundation’s mission, the Foundation intends to donate hundreds of millions of points to Jack’s Battlegrounds Blitz. The first of these donations has already been made, with additional donations planned as the event proceeds. At the end of the event, all points donated by the Stark Foundation will be credited to the Bastion of the event.

“By supporting important community initiatives like Jack’s Battlegrounds Blitz Realm Event, we can have a real impact on the lives and experiences of the Summoners,” said a spokesperson from the Foundation. “We want Summoners to know they aren’t alone, and there are many supporters out there who are invested in their success. We want to thank them for everything they do for the Battlerealm.”

____

The Stark Foundation is a philanthropy dedicated to the well-being of Summoners and the protection of the Battlerealm.

@Kabam Jax is that you 🤣.

On the serious note, many thanks to whoever did it. It is much appreciated.
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Member Posts: 2,310 ★★★★★
    Obadiah Stane : Tony you little***
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,535 ★★★★★
    Love you 3000♥️
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,535 ★★★★★
    Btw what's the point of this campaign? Y'all just gonna randomly donate points so we hit 1 billion, Or you guys are going to actually change the matchmaking to ensure "perfect match"?