**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Announcing Event Quest: The Age of Sentry [Updated: Jan 2nd - 21:18 pm PDT]

Comments

• EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    FPC3 wrote: »
    I still want to hear the argument from Kabam for this. Miike says the rewards in Uncollected difficulty are focused on high-end rank up materials. 5* champs are the highest-end that exist until they release 6*s. You need more Tier 1 Alphas to rank up 5* champions at each rank than any other class and rank in the game. And yet, Tier 1 Alphas are NOT considered "high-end" rank up materials? How is that even possible?

You're right! You do need them, but this mode is where you get a lot of things you can't really get anywhere else on a regular basis. Yes, you can still get 4-Star and 5-Star shards in other modes with some regularity, but Tier 2 Alpha Fragments (in this amount), Tier 5 Basic Catalyst Fragments, and 6-Star Hero Crystal Fragments are most readily available here.

Tier 1 Alpha Catalysts are available in lots of other places, and we know you all want more of them, but this is not going to be the place to get them. Keep an eye out as we move to make these more available in the future.

“More available in the future” would be appreciated if those opportunities to get them also apply for solo-players.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,869 ★★★★★
    FPC3 wrote: »
    I still want to hear the argument from Kabam for this. Miike says the rewards in Uncollected difficulty are focused on high-end rank up materials. 5* champs are the highest-end that exist until they release 6*s. You need more Tier 1 Alphas to rank up 5* champions at each rank than any other class and rank in the game. And yet, Tier 1 Alphas are NOT considered "high-end" rank up materials? How is that even possible?

You're right! You do need them, but this mode is where you get a lot of things you can't really get anywhere else on a regular basis. Yes, you can still get 4-Star and 5-Star shards in other modes with some regularity, but Tier 2 Alpha Fragments (in this amount), Tier 5 Basic Catalyst Fragments, and 6-Star Hero Crystal Fragments are most readily available here.

Tier 1 Alpha Catalysts are available in lots of other places, and we know you all want more of them, but this is not going to be the place to get them. Keep an eye out as we move to make these more available in the future.

“More available in the future” would be appreciated if those opportunities to get them also apply for solo-players.

An update of the solo rewards and all milestones with that added as an inclusion to the last milestone would be great.

Since they arrived solo events havent been touched, it sucks as they are just boring and repetitive now
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    edited January 2018
    I'm guessing some dev decided to give the event a go and got killed by Void's unavoidable damage without taking any hits
    "Guys, we might need to postpone this.."
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Soooo are we getting another heal block + unavoidable damage fight like last months ice Phoenix? @Kabam Miike

Because the last Event Quest was our first with the Uncollected Difficulty, it was still brand new to us. We're now going out of our way to make sure that if there is a Magik, or Iceman, or champion that causes Damage Over Time that is difficult to avoid, that we are scaling their Signature abilities way back and making them more manageable.

Honestly the primary issue with ice Phoenix was the heal block, if you got rid of that then it would’ve been much more manageable with a wider variety of champions, and while I understand you want to make it a bit harder, the bosses already have double the hp of those in 5.3 (admittedly that’s as far as I’ve got)
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    So, if we don't have AQ for more than 24 hours, and the new event quest has been delayed, is there any possibility we can maybe drop Act 4 to two energy per tile to encourage folks to play? 24 hours of that would be amazing.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    As the game changes, people need to reevaluate what champs are "worth" what designations. I played from April to Christmas with 0 t2a's. By the end of January, I'll have two. Knowing these things are trickling out to the whole playerbase, you should recalibrate what champs you're willing to rank up. If you're buying 5 t1a's a week in AQ, doing the arena, and getting 1-2 a week from 3-day events, you can realistically pull between 25 and 30 a month. The glory change that was just made was significant. I'm sure they wanted to see if that was enough to placate the playerbase before introducing broader changes, and it sounds like they're going to introduce more soon.
  • HoiHoi Posts: 2
    Can heroic be a bit easier
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Why in the world are people moaning at uncollected rewards they are insane for the time and effort put in it
  • ZachAttack06ZachAttack06 Posts: 74
    You don’t know how this works by now? Kabam comes out with extra content and we want more. Building a roster over time is boring. We want everything now. (Hopefully people caught my sarcasm)
    Lvernon15 wrote: »
    Why in the world are people moaning at uncollected rewards they are insane for the time and effort put in it

• RSoxNo1RSoxNo1 Posts: 43
    Are we looking at a beefed up Ice Man as a mini boss in one of the final maps? Ice Phoenix was nothing more than a money grab during the last event.
    Ice phoenix was possible in a single run

Enlighten me. Short of a full health Rank 4, 5* champ it was a health drain that limited you to one or two combos.
  • YellsomeYellsome Posts: 485
    Any update on when we can see the quests?
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★
    RSoxNo1 wrote: »

Enlighten me. Short of a full health Rank 4, 5* champ it was a health drain that limited you to one or two combos.

Easy with Mephisto, solo everytime
  • Will you please give us the Spotlight for Sentry while we wait for the delayed event

It's up now! Take a look at it here: http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/42076/champion-spotlight-sentry
  • ForumGuyForumGuy Posts: 285 ★★
    tufan_1974 wrote: »
    and T1 alfas can be purchased with glory points and i am sure high end players can earn tons of them in alliance.

There's a limit of just 5 tier 1 alphas per aq week.
    Monk1 wrote: »

Thanks... I don't have Mephisto unfortunately but good to know.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Will you please give us the Spotlight for Sentry while we wait for the delayed event

It's up now! Take a look at it here: http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/42076/champion-spotlight-sentry

Any update on release time? Ready to earn my 5 t1as
  • ZachAttack06ZachAttack06 Posts: 74

I soloed her a few times with WW2. Got perfect block the whole fight. Granted I was at 35% Health (after coldsnap) the whole fight and it was a long fight but got the job done.
  • Cptnkillr_89Cptnkillr_89 Posts: 56
    Monk1 wrote: »

Thanks... I don't have Mephisto unfortunately but good to know.

Hyperion can do with his high energy resistance as can SL. You just got to intercept like a madman.

• BendyBendy Posts: 2,977 ★★★★★
    Do we have a time frame of the event quest if it's being delayed on when we can see it up
  • TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
    Bendy wrote: »
    Do we have a time frame of the event quest if it's being delayed on when we can see it up

Just sometime today.