Alliance War Season Rewards for Season 13 have now been distributed. Compensation for individual Wars will be sent later today (Nov 20). You can leave your alliance and still receive the individual Wars Compensation. We are also investigating an issue with Champions stuck in AQ. At the moment Days 1-4 of Honor Rewards have been paid out, Day 5 and full Rewards are still coming!

30 MIN TIMERs HAVE BEEN GREAT

1356712

Comments

  • Fredhorst23Fredhorst23 Posts: 531 ★★
    Keonex wrote: »
    Kpthagreat wrote: »
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    Kpthagreat wrote: »
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    30 minute timers are a actually terrible for me everything feels rushed and generally hours im hardly available. Then I get free time and my allaince is done with aq.

    I’m sorry but this is an extremely poor excuse. It sounds like you have an activity problem and it seems your only worried about how it effects you versus 90% of the player based. Wow man, just wow..

    Sounds like you have a problem only care about your group screw the guys not like you

    Wow man,
    Just wow

    See how quick that turned around your saying I have a problem while you ask for something more catered to YOU

    If you actually read my posts, you see I stated 90% of the player base.


    I think its more like 99% that would prefer 30 min timers, regardless of what TIER in AQ they are, only one person replied against, not sure if its even believable or just trolling.

    Buticanseewhygold1

    This debate has come up so many times I'm almost hesitant to reply, but.....
    It's not a matter of for or against. I would also question that 99% as being not accurate, but anywho.
    The Timers are designed for 1-hour, and in that, there is ample time to finish with organization. They tried making the shorter Timers permanent, but there were issues.
    Besides the fact that they add extra pressure for people to move more often, which is contrary to the argument that they want people to log on more often, there are also people playing different Maps in different areas of the world. Some are logging on when we are logging off. Which means it's usually done before they can even participate. Now, those who want to finish as fast as possible don't see that as valid, but it's valid to the people who live in those areas.
    It's also still open for 24 hours, which means we're waiting regardless. No doubt people like to finish faster, but some have lives and can't log on every half an hour like the rest of us.
    Those are a couple reasons, and there are others, but just because people don't agree with them doesn't mean they're trolling. The system doesn't need to shortchange some because others want to do Map 5 and 6 faster, without having to wait for people to move. It's a team challenge, not a race.

    For my part I can say 30 minute timers would be a serious benefit to people playing outside the main north America player base. My alliance has members from several global timezones and it is a constant battle both from the officer perspective to keep things moving on the fly, and from the member perspective of trying to keep a strict schedule for a couple crunch times each day. Even starting everyone with 5 energy or increasing the stored energy would greatly reduce the problems that rise up when trying to make an inclusive alliance for all people around the world who like fighting superheroes for prizes.
  • AerialFollyAerialFolly Posts: 104

    So GW and the mods are the only ones against 30 minute AQ timers....why am I not surprised it’s the community vs Kabam and their “buddy”.
  • AerialFollyAerialFolly Posts: 104
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    So GW and the mods are the only ones against 30 minute AQ timers....why am I not surprised it’s the community vs Kabam and their “buddy”.

    That's not true I've always been against them

    Ok I stand corrrected; Kabam, GW, and you.
    You're in good company...


    I’ve read your “reasons” and yeah not valid that’s all on you not the game or the team. But good luck.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,488 ★★★★★
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    So GW and the mods are the only ones against 30 minute AQ timers....why am I not surprised it’s the community vs Kabam and their “buddy”.

    That's not true I've always been against them

    Ok I stand corrrected; Kabam, GW, and you.
    You're in good company...


    I’ve read your “reasons” and yeah not valid that’s all on you not the game or the team. But good luck.

    Apparently it's also the game and the team because as many times as it's been brought up, they would have changed it by now had it not been necessary. Lord knows people have expressed their want.
  • BROSEFSTALINBROSEFSTALIN Posts: 3
    30 min AQ timers FTW.
  • AerialFollyAerialFolly Posts: 104
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    So GW and the mods are the only ones against 30 minute AQ timers....why am I not surprised it’s the community vs Kabam and their “buddy”.

    That's not true I've always been against them

    Ok I stand corrrected; Kabam, GW, and you.
    You're in good company...


    I’ve read your “reasons” and yeah not valid that’s all on you not the game or the team. But good luck.

    Apparently it's also the game and the team because as many times as it's been brought up, they would have changed it by now had it not been necessary. Lord knows people have expressed their want.

    The “game and team” are part of Kabam in my statement. Reading is fundamental.

    Lord knows people want 30 minute timers since it’s been brought up so many times.

    Maybe you’re opinion is not the only one out there. Gasp!!!!!



    And yeah Drop. You feeling pressured to stop grinding arena to move a node in AQ doesn’t hold much water.
  • silverseraphsilverseraph Posts: 131
    anything that helps keep us active is usually a good thing for all sides of the community. let it play out but dont expect solid changes overnight.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 595 ★★★
    Badrose wrote: »
    Keonex wrote: »
    Kpthagreat wrote: »
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    Kpthagreat wrote: »
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    30 minute timers are a actually terrible for me everything feels rushed and generally hours im hardly available. Then I get free time and my allaince is done with aq.

    I’m sorry but this is an extremely poor excuse. It sounds like you have an activity problem and it seems your only worried about how it effects you versus 90% of the player based. Wow man, just wow..

    Sounds like you have a problem only care about your group screw the guys not like you

    Wow man,
    Just wow

    See how quick that turned around your saying I have a problem while you ask for something more catered to YOU

    If you actually read my posts, you see I stated 90% of the player base.


    I think its more like 99% that would prefer 30 min timers, regardless of what TIER in AQ they are, only one person replied against, not sure if its even believable or just trolling.

    Buticanseewhygold1

    This debate has come up so many times I'm almost hesitant to reply, but.....
    It's not a matter of for or against. I would also question that 99% as being not accurate, but anywho.
    The Timers are designed for 1-hour, and in that, there is ample time to finish with organization. They tried making the shorter Timers permanent, but there were issues.
    Besides the fact that they add extra pressure for people to move more often, which is contrary to the argument that they want people to log on more often, there are also people playing different Maps in different areas of the world. Some are logging on when we are logging off. Which means it's usually done before they can even participate. Now, those who want to finish as fast as possible don't see that as valid, but it's valid to the people who live in those areas.
    It's also still open for 24 hours, which means we're waiting regardless. No doubt people like to finish faster, but some have lives and can't log on every half an hour like the rest of us.
    Those are a couple reasons, and there are others, but just because people don't agree with them doesn't mean they're trolling. The system doesn't need to shortchange some because others want to do Map 5 and 6 faster, without having to wait for people to move. It's a team challenge, not a race.

    That is the most pathetic excuse we have heard from kabam (and from you, of course). People playing in different areas of the world need to change their ally or their ally is not competitive at all so we don't care.

    Imagine a guy from EU (like me) in an U.S. based ally with 6-9 hours difference in Time Zone, how can they play? Your 6PM ET is my midnight, you are in full activity while I'm already dreaming a sunny beach and a drink with a half naked beautiful woman and not removing any node in AQ/AW. Is that even possibile? No, so this is a false problem, and maybe a 30 min. timer would even help the few people (if any) who plays in different areas of the world.

    So, the only ones who matter are the ones playing competitively, and if it negatively affects others, they should switch Allies? Lol. Right.

    NO? So you want to give non competitive allies more time (which is actually less time) for what if they can't even finish AQ? Please... What kind of idea you have about allies? Do you think we are here waiting for people to move when they want, as they want, if they want? Coordination, good communication and effort are the base for a good ally.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,488 ★★★★★
    Badrose wrote: »
    Badrose wrote: »
    Keonex wrote: »
    Kpthagreat wrote: »
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    Kpthagreat wrote: »
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    30 minute timers are a actually terrible for me everything feels rushed and generally hours im hardly available. Then I get free time and my allaince is done with aq.

    I’m sorry but this is an extremely poor excuse. It sounds like you have an activity problem and it seems your only worried about how it effects you versus 90% of the player based. Wow man, just wow..

    Sounds like you have a problem only care about your group screw the guys not like you

    Wow man,
    Just wow

    See how quick that turned around your saying I have a problem while you ask for something more catered to YOU

    If you actually read my posts, you see I stated 90% of the player base.


    I think its more like 99% that would prefer 30 min timers, regardless of what TIER in AQ they are, only one person replied against, not sure if its even believable or just trolling.

    Buticanseewhygold1

    This debate has come up so many times I'm almost hesitant to reply, but.....
    It's not a matter of for or against. I would also question that 99% as being not accurate, but anywho.
    The Timers are designed for 1-hour, and in that, there is ample time to finish with organization. They tried making the shorter Timers permanent, but there were issues.
    Besides the fact that they add extra pressure for people to move more often, which is contrary to the argument that they want people to log on more often, there are also people playing different Maps in different areas of the world. Some are logging on when we are logging off. Which means it's usually done before they can even participate. Now, those who want to finish as fast as possible don't see that as valid, but it's valid to the people who live in those areas.
    It's also still open for 24 hours, which means we're waiting regardless. No doubt people like to finish faster, but some have lives and can't log on every half an hour like the rest of us.
    Those are a couple reasons, and there are others, but just because people don't agree with them doesn't mean they're trolling. The system doesn't need to shortchange some because others want to do Map 5 and 6 faster, without having to wait for people to move. It's a team challenge, not a race.

    That is the most pathetic excuse we have heard from kabam (and from you, of course). People playing in different areas of the world need to change their ally or their ally is not competitive at all so we don't care.

    Imagine a guy from EU (like me) in an U.S. based ally with 6-9 hours difference in Time Zone, how can they play? Your 6PM ET is my midnight, you are in full activity while I'm already dreaming a sunny beach and a drink with a half naked beautiful woman and not removing any node in AQ/AW. Is that even possibile? No, so this is a false problem, and maybe a 30 min. timer would even help the few people (if any) who plays in different areas of the world.

    So, the only ones who matter are the ones playing competitively, and if it negatively affects others, they should switch Allies? Lol. Right.

    NO? So you want to give non competitive allies more time (which is actually less time) for what if they can't even finish AQ? Please... What kind of idea you have about allies? Do you think we are here waiting for people to move when they want, as they want, if they want? Coordination, good communication and effort are the base for a good ally.

    I was displaying the point that people playing Maps 5 and 6 are not more important than those playing lower Maps. Issues for people lower down the Totem Pole matter. As per your suggestion, that's not a solution. Give people what they want, force others to join competitive Allies.
    The system is designed for all Maps to be played in 24 hours. The Timers are enough to do this efficiently as-is. What people are suggesting is altering the Timers to finish faster, but there's no point, other than to finish faster. There's no real need.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 595 ★★★
    Everyone compete at their own level, who freaking cares about the map you run? And yes, finish faster is the real need, the point of this discussion. The only reason they don't want the 30 min timer is to force us log in multiple times every day for a higher chance of buying things. That means game addiction.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,488 ★★★★★
    Badrose wrote: »
    Everyone compete at their own level, who freaking cares about the map you run? And yes, finish faster is the real need, the point of this discussion. The only reason they don't want the 30 min timer is to force us log in multiple times every day for a higher chance of buying things. That means game addiction.

    If that was their goal, they'd have 5-Minute Timers. Longer Timers accommodate more scheduling. It's not a need. People just want to finish faster.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 595 ★★★
    Longer timers only accomodate addiction. But maybe you are one who plays catalyst arena with a fight every 2 hours just because they planned 48 hours for the event.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,488 ★★★★★
    That's not the case. War is 1 hour. The whole addiction argument doesn't hold. It's because of the design of the Maps and the various Time Zones. Not because it's some nefarious plot to ensnare people into addiction like some PSA.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 595 ★★★
    Any of your argument doesn't hold. ANY!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,488 ★★★★★
    Holds pretty well, actually. You're arguing that having Energy refill FASTER prevents people from logging in more often. That's pretty much the opposite. Not everyone can be available every half an hour. Every 2 hours even. Some people work. Some live in Time Zones exactly the opposite as ours. What the suggestion does is give people less time to live their lives because they're being pressured to move faster in "competitive AQ".
    My argument isn't the one that doesn't hold.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,488 ★★★★★
    I know what I'm talking about. The system is designed for 1-Hour Timers, and people manage perfectly fine with them. Anytime the Timers come, the petition to make them permanent comes up. That doesn't change the reasons they're not permanent to begin with. What people fail to acknowledge is even when they are given, whether due to a timing constraint or special occasion, that still has an effect on some. There are more people playing than those running Maps 5 and 6, and just because a number have worked around it to function in other Time Zones running those Maps doesn't mean there isn't an issue for others. Of all the discussions that come up, for some reason this seems to be one of the most with tunnelled perspectives. Just because people would enjoy doing it faster doesn't mean it's best for everyone. The highest Maps are supposed to take the most effort.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 5,085 ★★★★★
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    So GW and the mods are the only ones against 30 minute AQ timers....why am I not surprised it’s the community vs Kabam and their “buddy”.

    That's not true I've always been against them

    Yup. GW, you and like one other guy...
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 595 ★★★
    Holds pretty well, actually. You're arguing that having Energy refill FASTER prevents people from logging in more often. That's pretty much the opposite. Not everyone can be available every half an hour. Every 2 hours even. Some people work. Some live in Time Zones exactly the opposite as ours. What the suggestion does is give people less time to live their lives because they're being pressured to move faster in "competitive AQ".
    My argument isn't the one that doesn't hold.

    You don't have to repeat the same thing over and over to add more power to your words. You don't have to be available every half an hour, you need to log when you can and with the 30 min timer you'll always have more energy available than with the normal timer. So you can give your life more time, because what you usually do in 5 hours can be done in 2,5.

    And oh man, if you work, you can't either login with 1 hr timer, so what? Understand that there is no logic in what you or kabam said. Having a 30 min timer is ALWAYS an advantage for everyone and gives more time to live our lives (if you really think that is the real problem). The only disvantage is for kabam and their profit with addicted players.

    And don't tell me there are some allies pressing players to log more often... We have AW, AQ, Arenas, one or two daily quests and story mode. Do you really want me to believe the real problem is allies pressing people? C'mon...
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 5,085 ★★★★★
    I know what I'm talking about. The system is designed for 1-Hour Timers, and people manage perfectly fine with them. Anytime the Timers come, the petition to make them permanent comes up. That doesn't change the reasons they're not permanent to begin with. What people fail to acknowledge is even when they are given, whether due to a timing constraint or special occasion, that still has an effect on some. There are more people playing than those running Maps 5 and 6, and just because a number have worked around it to function in other Time Zones running those Maps doesn't mean there isn't an issue for others. Of all the discussions that come up, for some reason this seems to be one of the most with tunnelled perspectives. Just because people would enjoy doing it faster doesn't mean it's best for everyone. The highest Maps are supposed to take the most effort.

    It doesn't have to have an effect on any. Shorter timers allow more flexibility, not less. Any adverse results from people playing on a lower map is a result of people not understanding the point of AQ. This should not drive policy. And, no, when you speak of the higher maps you don't know what you are talking about if you haven't run them. How could you? You keep speaking of finishing faster. For most of us it has nothing to do with finishing faster. It's about not having to login when it's time to tuck the kids in bed. If you are running a low AQ map where it doesn't matter if the node is cleared you wouldn't get that. The reason why it comes up every time we get short timers is that 99% of the player base finds that shorter timers make AQ less of a chore and more fun. You keep pointing out the 1%.
  • Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 176
    Hi everybody
    I’m not a fan of poll, but this subject really desserves one. Because some players are against the timer 30 and I think most of us are for it. It was asked for several times through the last 2 years. The poll would be a way to definitively show community advice
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 5,085 ★★★★★
    Maverick75 wrote: »
    Hi everybody
    I’m not a fan of poll, but this subject really desserves one. Because some players are against the timer 30 and I think most of us are for it. It was asked for several times through the last 2 years. The poll would be a way to definitively show community advice

    I’d be interested in a in game poll. A forum poll would be (and has been) 99% in favor of 30 minute timers. But not everyone reads the forums. If they did an in game poll and it still came back 98-99% we could end this detrimental garbage
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,488 ★★★★★
    I'm trying to explain that it's not about the preference. It's about the design. As I've been saying for a couple years now. However, people who are for it won't accept that, or the issues it causes, so once again, I'm out. It is a never-ending conversation.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 5,085 ★★★★★
    I'm trying to explain that it's not about the preference. It's about the design. As I've been saying for a couple years now. However, people who are for it won't accept that, or the issues it causes, so once again, I'm out. It is a never-ending conversation.

    Many things were designed one way and then changed because people discovered that another way works better. The fact that AQ was designed for on hour timers is not really an argument for keeping them if 1/2 hour timers work better and make AQ more fun to play.

  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 551 ★★★
    How does increasing the ABILITY to move twice as often put more pressure on others?

    It’s the same 24 hour time limit.

    However, 30 min timers means that you can move more in a shorter period of time if you want to or are able to.

    Even if someone is in a different time zone, sure you’ll build and sit on energy if you have to wait for a buff clear, but no longer than you would with 1 hour timers.

    BUT, during those times where more people are on together, you can get more done faster, IF YOU WANT TO or are ABLE TO and then enjoy some real-time in life doing other things because it’s pretty hard to not clear a map in 24 hours, when it could be done in 1/2 as much time.

    30 min timers = No more last minute 1 hour prayers for that one person to do their part because they’re already done with plenty of time to spare and LESS pressure as a result.
  • Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 446 ★★★
    How does increasing the ABILITY to move twice as often put more pressure on others?

    It’s the same 24 hour time limit.

    However, 30 min timers means that you can move more in a shorter period of time if you want to or are able to.

    Even if someone is in a different time zone, sure you’ll build and sit on energy if you have to wait for a buff clear, but no longer than you would with 1 hour timers.

    BUT, during those times where more people are on together, you can get more done faster, IF YOU WANT TO or are ABLE TO and then enjoy some real-time in life doing other things because it’s pretty hard to not clear a map in 24 hours, when it could be done in 1/2 as much time.

    30 min timers = No more last minute 1 hour prayers for that one person to do their part because they’re already done with plenty of time to spare and LESS pressure as a result.

    Nailed it. The flexibility this would grant so many groups can't be understated.
This discussion has been closed.