Thanks ladies (Boss Rush Discussion!)

Comments

• SidDDragonSidDDragon Member Posts: 1,183 ★★★

All I'm saying is why exclude half the player base (if you don't consider this only for End-Game players), say the level 10s-40s with just a couple of 3 and 4 Stars. Surely you don't expect them to attempt this Boss Rush, so have one that's half the difficulty with say maybe a 4* Hero Crystal as the final reward.

It takes time to build up ur roster to tackle most content...i remember sitting out of the boss rush over a year ago which had ddd's iceman as the final boss because i didn't have the roster at the time...u have tons of content to tackle so focus on that
  • ESFESF Member Posts: 2,011 ★★★★★
    It was fun for the effort/rewards. Forgot Rogue had DeathTouch once so that was annoying
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Member Posts: 8,672 ★★★★★
    JessieS said:

It’s practically impossible for lower level players? Why not have a normal/ heroic and so setting with less powerful bosses? Seems weird to exclude so many players

Take it as incentive. I couldn't do Chloe the 1st time around and it frustrated me. I've done every celebrity challenge since. This one is totally doable by mid level players. Practice, watch youtube for counters, and if you can't do it, do the next one. This gave a 5*. You really need one that gives a 4* and a 3* to feel included? I pulled a GG dupe btw so you didn't necessary miss much if you don't get it done lol.
  • MoNsTeR_804MoNsTeR_804 Member Posts: 726 ★★★
    Why is it so difficult. Please please please @Kabam Miike Make an easier level, so beginners can have a chnace to taste the awesomeness of boss rush too!
  • JessieSJessieS Member Posts: 1,486 ★★★★
    phil56201 said:

JessieS said:

phil56201 said:

JessieS said:

Too difficult indeed.. except for the person who just streamed doing it with 4* or the person who is currently half way through streaming with only 3*.. but thanks for coming out champ..

I don’t think you get how human beings work if you think this is a clever answer. The vast vast majority of people are not hardcore obsessive gamers but regular people who want to have fun. They could have easily made the boss split in difficulty levels the same way they did with other quests. Instead they chose to willingly take side the majority of the players and only focus on the hardcore ones. And I get that they are the cash cows but it’s still a **** move
    So the game should just cater to you, then? What about everyone else who couldn't do it on every other boss rush challenge? I never got intermediate difficulties on the ones I couldn't do. Everyone thinks the game should just hand these rewards out. No sense of accomplishment.

The game should cater to all players and not just to a minority of hardcore gamers. I thought it was pretty obvious. The fact this is controversial for some people blows my mind. Seriously it’s not like this is some shocking new concepts. The majority of quests have different difficulties. Please grow up dude
    Your in here crying because it's too hard, the rewards aren't easily obtainable for you , you apparently don't want to work towards anything, and you're telling me to grow up? That's hilarious :D
    Are you pretending to be stupid on purpose because you realised how silly you sound or is this for real? I am honestly baffled . In case you really do have such problem with basic reading comprehension let’s make it even more simple for you.

The game makes sure that their quests have diffent the difficulty so that players of different levels can enjoy the game equally . We have things like normal, heroic, master and so on

This boss rush on the other hand absolutely excludes lower level players from ever participating . There is no lower level with corresponding lower reward so that everybody can enjoy it. I find this to be weird. Wasn’t even hostile about it just said it was weird. I expected that I would get some answer like “ well the coding is too complicated and they couldn’t get it done in time so it remained only for high level” I could understand something like this. Instead I get pretentious nerds who actually think they sound cool by going “ lol you haven’t spent years or hundreds of dollars invested in game to reach a high enough level to take on this? And you expect the game to cater to you and other idiots who think that games are meant for being fun instead of obsession ? Lol”

So yes grow up
  • JessieSJessieS Member Posts: 1,486 ★★★★
    edited March 2020
    Apologies to normal people who love the game. As long as it doesn’t interfere with your life and you enjoy it then is nothing wrong with being obsessed with a game .My rant was only for the pretentious asses who seem to love dismissing the legitimate questions of players who aren’t on the same level as them
  • Lucifer1810Lucifer1810 Member Posts: 366 ★★★
    For the people telling that it is possible with 4*s only, it is only possible with the "right" 4* champs. I agree with the perfect counters it is possible with 4*s and a certain amount of skill, but lower or mid level players don't have the roster to have every counter for every champ, example - I don't have a cap iw not even a 2* or 3* which would be really good for that Emma. Just because it can be done with 4*s doesn't mean lower or mid level players can do it because their roster isn't that huge at that point.

In general I get that boss rush isn't meant for us yet it is more geared towards higher level players (not endgame), and I don't really have a problem with that. It is for when we develop our roster further, like a lot of other content.
    What I said was just for the people bluntly saying that it is easily doable with 4*s.
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Member Posts: 1,316 ★★★★★

Too easy - boring. I just muscled my way through it. Guess free 5* is a free 5* tho

Why not just be thankful?
    Never said I wasn't thankful. I just gave my personal review of the content.
    Neotwism said:

Too easy - boring. I just muscled my way through it. Guess free 5* is a free 5* tho

If it's so easy and boring why did u even waste your time being bothered with such content that's beneath your amazing level? It's not hard to at least appreciate the rewards and the time and effort the ppl took designing these fights. It's not like it's their job or anything. They did it as a fun event for the whole community and not just for ppl with your advanced skills in the game. Nowhere else in-game can u get a basic 5* crystal in the amount of time it takes. Maybe you should look for another game since this is so easy and boring for you.
    lol "time and effort the ppt took to design these fights". I could design these same fights in all of 3 seconds. There was nothing interesting about any of them. They all just chose nodes we've seen on these champs before - for example, that Rogue was basically a literal copy and paste from one we've seen before. You thought it was fun and I thought it was boring. Opinions differ from person to person, deal with it. And, please, it doesn't take some high level of skill to run through this content.
  • lkgcdtyhflkgcdtyhf Member Posts: 10

Yep! You can run it as many times as you’d like to gather more Titles.

I completed my initial run and started going through to get all the titles. After getting a couple of them, the little present where you get them stopped spawning. Anyone else having this issue?

• Inventor6bInventor6b Member Posts: 33
    Thanks for the great boss rush ladies! I enjoyed it, even though I had to use a few revives.

By the way, to anyone out there, you can do this with a typical Uncollected roster. It just takes practice. It's more about how skilled you are than the champions you have. Good luck!
  • blazingskyx27blazingskyx27 Member Posts: 42
    Guys, there's no point stressing yourself over this boss challenge. Move on, and do something more productive with your lives than this. You can not accomplish this challenge? It's okay, you're self worth has nothing to do with this. : )
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Member Posts: 2,363 ★★★★
    So far I've completed one match using Namor. I was surprised, but if anyone has suggestions for fighting the other champions please drop me some advice.
    Here is my 5* roster

Corvus Glave
    Namor
    Havok
    Stealh Suit Spiderman
    Iron Fist
    The Hood
    Unstoppable Colossus
    Juggernaut
    Groot
    Iron Man (Original)
    Iron Patriot
    Doc Ock
    Green Goblin
    Agent Venom
    Luke Cage
    Vision (original)
    Spidergwen
    Iceman
    Angela
    Wasp
    Iron Man Infinity War
    Gwenpool
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,422 Guardian

All I'm saying is why exclude half the player base

The Olympics exclude 95% of all participants from winning medals. Why not allow half of them to win medals? Because then the medals wouldn't mean as much. Success only means something if there's a chance to fail, and the lower the chance to fail the lower the value of success.

The vast overwhelming majority of content in the game has tiered difficulty. That tiered difficulty is there to shepherd players upward progressionally. Some content is super high difficulty (at least at the time it is released) but permanent, so everyone can work their way up to doing it, and everyone can really only complete it once (factoring in exploration). And some content like the Boss Rush events are both high difficulty and temporary, to specifically be a challenge that tests players at a single point in time, and then is gone. Each of these kinds of difficulty create a different kind of challenge and experience, and they all exist to specifically allow for those kinds of experiences. The kind of experience where everyone gets to participate regardless of skill, availability, or progress is one kind of experience, but not a universally appreciated one. The idea that this should be the goal ignores the fact that there are different kinds of players who want different kinds of things.

The vast overwhelming majority of content doesn't "exclude" half the playerbase. But some content does *deliberately* even if the devs had infinite resources to create it, because that's what it is supposed to do: present content that players can test themselves against in a pass-fail scenario, without consolation prizes.
  • DshuDshu Member Posts: 1,504 ★★★★

Here is my 5* roster

Corvus Glave
    Namor
    Havok
    Stealh Suit Spiderman
    Iron Fist
    The Hood
    Unstoppable Colossus
    Juggernaut
    Groot
    Iron Man (Original)
    Iron Patriot
    Doc Ock
    Green Goblin
    Agent Venom
    Luke Cage
    Vision (original)
    Spidergwen
    Iceman
    Angela
    Wasp
    Iron Man Infinity War
    Gwenpool

Scroll back a page or 2 and there is a breakdown of how to beat all the fights
    bm3epps said:

As u can see in the image, it's my roster can u guys help me out with the boss rush?

Archangel melts Wasp
    What do you mean? What about Archangel helps in the Wasp fight?
  • TerraTerra Member Posts: 8,330 ★★★★★

bm3epps said:

As u can see in the image, it's my roster can u guys help me out with the boss rush?

Archangel melts Wasp
    What do you mean? What about Archangel helps in the Wasp fight?
    AAs neurotoxins reduce her evade chance and spiked armor chance. Heavy dot damage too.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,422 Guardian
    One thing I found interesting about the IWD Boss Rush is that there was an interesting distinction between last year's community boss rush and this one. It is a bit of a simplification but there seemed to be an undercurrent of the designers thinking about champion counters, and designing the nodes in ways intended to counter certain champs or emphasize the utility of other champs. You could say the theme was "dust off the roster."

The IWD Boss Rush seems to have a completely different theme. The theme is "beyond basic skills." You can use almost any champ in any fight, to a point, and while some champs offer significant advantages over others you can succeed with a wider range of champions than last year's Boss Rush. But to do it, you'll generally need to have a much wider set of skills.

Several IWDBR fights either penalized or strongly discouraged the fundamental beginner tactics: blocking, parrying, and dexing. Many forced managing aggressive play (i.e. aggression regeneration, invade, spite). The fights contained different kinds of unstoppable, reversed controls, situational evade, and autoblocking. And while there were generally situational champion counters for these fights, most required significant skill even with the right champion counters to be effective.

I'm not saying Boss Rush 2 didn't test skills, or that the IWD Boss Rush didn't have any champion preferences or leans (Corvus and Void could basically duo through the entire thing). But I think the focus of BR2 was to find the best option, while the focus of IWDBR was about seeing if you could execute the right tactics. This is interesting to me, because as far as I'm aware the BR2 designers were not given any instructions or encouragement to think that way. It just seems to have happened organically. I'm assuming the IWDBR designers were given similar open ended instructions. If any of the IWDBR designers have any insight into that, I'd love to hear it.
  • BenQcSlayerBenQcSlayer Member Posts: 867 ★★★
    edited March 2020
    Fun event... and really you can do this event with max level duped and high sig 4*...

I used 4* CAIW for Emma Frost, AA for X-23 and wasp, CG for medusa, and 5* 3/5 unduped red hulk for BWCV.

Rogue was the only big problem for me and a 5* 4/5 unduped Sentinel was my mvp... with lots of revive... did a few errors but went through her.... Warlock maybe should of done the trick...

A really easy event, in my opinion, nothing hard or really frustrating.... you got the right champs.... you just steam roll through these defenders....

Red Hulk just crushed, in one shot, BWCV...
  • SlashingSunsetSlashingSunset Member Posts: 244 ★★

I understand the point you're making, but that may also require other Content Creators at lower stages of progression to design and consult at that level as well. Then it would become quite a project. Just a thought.

Sometimes I'm amazed at all the Disagrees. No idea why people get so hung up on the idea for newer-mid players to also have access to exclusive content at a lower difficulty.

Here is my 5* roster

Corvus Glave
    Namor
    Havok
    Stealh Suit Spiderman
    Iron Fist
    The Hood
    Unstoppable Colossus
    Juggernaut
    Groot
    Iron Man (Original)
    Iron Patriot
    Doc Ock
    Green Goblin
    Agent Venom
    Luke Cage
    Vision (original)
    Spidergwen
    Iceman
    Angela
    Wasp
    Iron Man Infinity War
    Gwenpool

@BowTieJohn Corvus & a bleed immune is all you need. Corvus completely owns every fight aside from Clair. He’s freaking OP for this Boss Rush. For Clair, I’d say Iceman is your best bet
    My Corvus is rank 4 and my Iceman is rank 3. Would that still work well?