**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

General Game Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★

The fact that many have those 2*s to choose from makes it more accessible.

Yes, but the fact that it's more skill-based means its only more accessible to the higher skilled players, and not the lower-skilled ones.
  • Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★

It's not supposed to be as accessible as that. That's the point I'm trying to make.

Please, give me a reason why having challenging content, but making the player base make intelligent decisions on which 2*s to use isn't supposed to be accessible? I get that the content has to be reflective of the rewards, but if you incorporate 2*s, which many players have plenty of, you open a whole world of possibilities with nodes and counters.

For example, you could have a node that increased the attack rating of 2*s to that of a 6*, and have them face a 30,000 PI champ, but keep the health of the 2* the same, so that the player has to rely on intercepts and skill rather than just the same 5 hit parry combo. This reflects what Kabam is trying to achieve with the progressing of content, but also makes it accessible to higher-level players. In this case, it is accessible in a way that can be achieved by being skilled at the game, not just having insanely good luck.
    This actually sounds quite fun... until you come up against someone like punisher 2099 lol. But this is not a bad idea!
    To counter this there could be a node that increases the block proficiency of those 2 star champs significantly
    Unio77 said:

To counter this there could be a node that increases the block proficiency of those 2 star champs significantly

Or maybe just some power-control/steal mechanic in the node, since the whole point would be to successfully intercept and not rely on parries or blocking. Maybe increased block proficiency during specials, but not during basic attacks.
  • SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★
    edited May 2020
    Seatin doesn't represent me nor does he cater towards me but I definitely agree that we need higher quality content. With Act 7 Chapter 1 in the fall and Cavalier EQ right after summer, there will be high demand for revives I assume from bs node combinations. Additionally, there also needs to be something to satisfy our signature stone needs without spending cash.

The Gold issue is solved with Incursions, Act 6, and Sigil paired with Arena. The ISO and 5*/6* Shards issue will be less of a thing with the Cavalier EQ. The T5B and T2A issue was fixed with the upgraded Glory Store and AQ rewards. So... either upgraded solo crystals or some sort of grindable event needs to give us signature stones to max out our champs. There are already a lot of opportunity to awaken our champs but I've found that max sig them is way more of a problem.
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    I don't play a game to be stress and annoyed i simply play for enjoyment and challenge example the collector fight was not easy but it was fun and challenging and made you think outside the box, what's the point of making content for end game players that they don't want to play and majority of them is quitting and complaining about how boring and cash grabbing it is, abyss was hard but actually fun, large health pools but u wont die from eating one combo, having champ with attack over 10k is just ridiculous, you cant even block without taking 15 to 20 percent damage and these nodes are so unbelievable, i understand these Game modes are not for everyone but a story quest should be for everyone , variant and abys and LOL should be for guys looking for a challenge, I've been a gamer for over 20 years and no game i play where the story is like this, its like you have 170 champions in game but only if you're lucky to get get the "God Tier" champs you can progress in Story Mode. This game is becoming less fun to play and more of a headache, again a Story mode shouldn't be this champion specific and with these new champion being released good luck taking on 6.2 champion boss with a mole man or a Squirrel girl, Kabam please look at these feed back as being constructive. please make this game fun to play again
  • Sidd777Sidd777 Posts: 166

It's not supposed to be as accessible as that. That's the point I'm trying to make.

Please, give me a reason why having challenging content, but making the player base make intelligent decisions on which 2*s to use isn't supposed to be accessible? I get that the content has to be reflective of the rewards, but if you incorporate 2*s, which many players have plenty of, you open a whole world of possibilities with nodes and counters.

For example, you could have a node that increased the attack rating of 2*s to that of a 6*, and have them face a 30,000 PI champ, but keep the health of the 2* the same, so that the player has to rely on intercepts and skill rather than just the same 5 hit parry combo. This reflects what Kabam is trying to achieve with the progressing of content, but also makes it accessible to higher-level players. In this case, it is accessible in a way that can be achieved by being skilled at the game, not just having insanely good luck.
    But wouldn’t the fact that players have to be more skilled make it less accessible? In this case, the content would require more skill to complete than a specific counter to a specific combo of nodes
  • iGrboiGrbo Posts: 46
    edited May 2020
    Just adding proposals,

Bring some of the Incursions ideas into Arenas, that way we would get rid of bots (to some extent), because of random effect nodes.

Arenas will be way more fun and interactive, and players would chose their level payoff based on skill and challenge, so they may achieve higher scores faster, or rather keep a lower steady pace at will.

Scrap Wars, and go copy Stratego or any other awesome War game. Tune down the BS nodes, let us have total control on the placement of both champions and a limited arsenal of buffs, as well as which nodes will be concealed and which shown.
  • SuperiorSymbioteSuperiorSymbiote Posts: 1,862 ★★★★★
    Nah recycling takes something and makes it better so it makes sense
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Sidd777 said:

But wouldn’t the fact that players have to be more skilled make it less accessible? In this case, the content would require more skill to complete than a specific counter to a specific combo of nodes
    Skill is also reflected in the quantity and quality of one's Roster.
    Mixalis said:

Free advertisement. That's what.

There are plenty of other Youtubers out there. Seatin ain't special. Don't get me wrong, I love the guy, but he's not the deciding factor in the fate of the Contest.
  • naikavonnaikavon Posts: 298 ★★★
    edited May 2020
    I've had the thoughts expressed by seatin in his video for a bit now.

In the end, it's a game and games should be fun. There's not much fun to limiting players choices for viable characters to use while also limiting how a player plays.

Will certain characters always be better choices...ofc. But there is a difference between a character being a better choice and one being utterly useless.
    tafre said:

Guys why are you even arguing with somebody who has no idea what he is talking about? Just ignore his posts, don’t tag him and let him say whatever he wants to say otherwise we get derailed quickly. This is just not about Act 6 or Act 7. It is every aspect of the game.

UC eq was good when it first came our and the rewards were awesome! 2 years ago...

The arena changes to milestones and rewards were great! 2 years ago...

Solo event/alliance events, not even one bit relevant and this has been admitted by developers.

Finally AW: just a joke imo especially with the global nodes and the stupidly low amount of rewards we get. 1 AQ week cycle gives more rank up materials than a whole season of AW. Lets not forget about flow. I am pretty good at quake style and I was able to get by flow even without the change but that is just me and I know that most of my ally and tons of other players are not good at it or just do not prefer it. It just is not worth the effort at all.

These are the main issues that made Seatin reach his decision. Lets talk about them since Act 6 is never gonna change and the Act 7 stuff has a beta forum where it can be discussed. Also reminder, do not forget about the golden forum rule!!!

Exactly. Storyline is simply one aspect of what I see that has seriously impacted my view of this game and its future.

War sucks. The format of it is boring. Nothing about its current iteration makes me feel like I'm reallly competing against other alliances. It's too much like aq and to a lesser degree questing. It's not different enough to make it compelling. And don't even get me started on the incomprehensible match making system. As far as rewards go, if something is fun and engaging enough (and competitive) the reward of accomplishing the task would make any rewards sufficient for me. That's just me though.

AQ is.. ok. It's not the best and is repetitive as all get out but it's fine enough. War and AQ are far too similar for my tastes though.

The story mode direction is troubling. I have so many characters in my roster that just... exist. In my opinion, this mode should encourage ways to incorporate a wider array of character uses. I don't see why the devs couldn't create nodes that are player friendly that award x-men + x% damage through a lane or something to that effect. Make more of our roster actually useful. Finally, nodes should always reward skill not punish it.

Arena is something I actually like. It's mindless. That's realllllllllly nice especially since my of these nodes, node combinations and character profiles require a PHD to decipher sometimes (j/k... mostly).

Now incursions are really good. A great added game mode. Personally, I don't play them much because of the time sink (takes away too much from arena) but when I do play them they're fun.

I know I don't speak for everyone. But arena ain't gonna keep me playing this game lol. And to me this just ain't an end game thing. Players have to have a reason to keep coming back. Progression, is a big part of that. If it ain't a problem today for you, it might be tomorrow. Someday, you will hit that wall and when you do you're going to want to see that there's a point to scaling that wall... not another wall.

Sorry it's so long.
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian

Sidd777 said:

Thats just not true. So someone that needs say quake for a certain fight isnt skilled enough. Or maybe needs OR and sabretooth for a lane but dont have them so there also not skilled enough? I'm willing to bet that if kabam removed Aegon,ghost,dooms warlock ect from the game and kabam gave zero compensation you would just say "Its fine because kabam does no wrong"

Sidd777 said:

So skill is reflected by something that you can't control? Whatever you get isn't controlled by you, it's all gacha.
    Specific Champs can't be controlled, but if you open enough, you'll have specific counters. Rarity, numbers of each Rarity, Rank of said Rarities, etc. Those are all measures of skill and progress.
  • WeAreNotVenomWeAreNotVenom Posts: 126 ★★★
    @Unknown_Traveler completion on its own isn’t the worst, but the same can’t be said for exploration
  • Oesername123Oesername123 Posts: 253 ★★★
    Been playing for 5 years and all of the things he mentioned has been the case for years now.

There are just too many unusable champs when it comes to midgame/endgame content. I have 520+ champs and the ones that I use are probably less than a dozen and that's pretty much for everything.

Since the beginning of the year, as a free to play player I probably opened around 20-30 5 stars and none of them are usable. I've done all of the monthly event quest, special events and slowly chipping away Act 6. It's now May, I've been playing non-stop for 5 months and I'm pretty much the same position as I was in 5 months ago.

Not to mention the never ending problem of bots, hackers and mercs littering the game. I don't know in what direction the game is going in, but when I watch streamers play content like the Abyss and Act 6 and I look at the video duration and it goes up to 12 hours, I'm like yeah, no thanks.
    Lvernon15 said:

He isn’t the deciding factor on the game’s survival and overall revenue, but he is the player with the biggest voice who can get the most people to follow a certain thing, like around 12.0, I mean yes it’s partially the community, but a lot of players knew about the boycott because of him

I totally get that, but the change in the player base won't be as dramatic as Mixalis described. Not much is going to change.
  • JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★
    @WeAreNotVenom yeah I know, just curious as to his experience with act 6
  • Sidd777Sidd777 Posts: 166
    @GroundedWisdom skill is how good you are at the game. A person can be average at best and open thousands of crystals and have all the champs in the game, but their roster wouldn’t would mean they are good at the game. It would mean they spent a lot of money and opened a lot of crystals
    Spending is not the only way to acquire Champs and Rank them. The most primary source of them is playing the game. Experience.