**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Changes to CABLE SP1 - no longer fully evade'able ??

2»

Comments

• Anakin83Anakin83 Posts: 30
    I confirm this issue. I though my thumbs had suddenly something wrong.. but till the May update I could evade consistently Cable's SP1.
    Now, I always get clipped in his last hit, even when I try to evade sliding on my phone like a crazy.

I'm not ready for the abyss, but this is a problem even in a war or a simple aq...
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,619 Guardian
    MikeHock said:

This isn’t even listed in the May Known Issues and Bugs thread.

Expect a slow response on this. Bug fixes take months in this game

It’s listed in both the v27.0 Release Notes as well as ChangeLog.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,619 Guardian
    Not sure it would have meant anything, since the wording itself does not really foretell the implications of what was changed.

From wording, sounds like (previously) you could just stay far enough back and avoid getting hit at all from his SP1 (as is the case with some other champ's long range SP1, you could just stay far enough back). And that is what sounded like would be changed.

While other champ's long range SP1 actually do continue on to infinity (edge of the playing field).

Wasn’t until it was actually put in place and people could see it in action, that the implications were seen.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

I was wondering what was wrong, been clipped trying to fully evade since the update. Looks like it's back to blocking

I was about to post the same thing. Didn't realize he had been changed and thought my timing was just off.
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,157 ★★★★
    I just wanna know, was it really "broken"?
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,157 ★★★★

I question why this change was warranted, especially if what @CoatHang3r mentioned about the old forums is true. I wasn't aware that getting to the edge of the screen against Cable to avoid his SP1 was even a strategy, until I saw this bugfix announcement. I always thought I was dex'ing legitimately...kind of sad to find out the thousands of times fully evading Cable's SP1s in the 3 years since he was introduced, was simply a bug exploit.

It was fully evadable 3 years ago in the monthly event quest he was released (skip to 10:18 mark) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w-5rijxE_M&t=10m18s, and most recently when facing him in Variant 1.1 (skip to 29:30 mark) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHDRXWrnNZQ&t=29m30s before the update. His SP1 is simply not fully evadable anymore with the recent update.

Isn't it possible to fix the screen edge bug while still keeping Cable's SP1 fully evadable?

This is spot on! Well said
  • Jcobra25Jcobra25 Posts: 212 ★★
    Same here, would love some clarification because as it stands right now it can not be fully dodged.
  • WhiteStrikerWhiteStriker Posts: 107
    I am stuck at 6.4.3 due to this issue. There is an 300K health pool cable with unblockable special attacks, Encroaching stun node, poison and kinetic reactor nodes.

• ZeezoosZeezoos Posts: 204 ★★
    I just went in to 6.3.1 and wondered why I kept getting clipped by cables SP1. This will be it then. I don’t see why this change was needed, should be reverted imho.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,567 ★★★★★
    Is it Kabams goal to ignore this for the entire month of May?
  • EggsandbaconEggsandbacon Posts: 44
    Anyone else raised a ticket on this I have and just keep getting feed ridiculous excuses that it took 3 years to identify the bug not that they wanted to change it due to an unblockable sp1 cable in act 7, all of the cables littered in Act 6 with node combos such as kinetic transference and unblockeable specials with bubbled shield and encroaching stun and not to mention the cable in abyss which everyone has been dexing the specials to avoid the enigmatic node of passive furies which causes unavoidable damage if you can’t Dex. I have even directed them to this thread and they refuse to acknowledge it and they wonder why people want to leave the game.
  • mvinceablemvinceable Posts: 33
    Any update on this, game team? Numerous other topics in the bugs forum have had responses from admins. This change was labeled as a bug fix but instead changed the evadability of Cable’s SP1, which the community was not prepared for. Numerous champs have specials that reach the edge of the screen and are still evadable, so why couldn’t we maintain that with Cable?
  • PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 753 ★★★
    so now they are buffing old champs to players disadvantage..wtf kabam.
    When we talk about poor communication, this is what we’re talking about. This issue with Cables L1 was reported over a month ago.

Why is this being ignored???
    Wish Kabam would give some insight on this. It’s been over 2 months since this was first posted.

We used to be able to evade Cables L1 100%. Ever since they Made whatever change, you can’t fully evade his L1 anymore.
  • Mqc19Mqc19 Posts: 370 ★★★
    Has anyone figured out how to evade since the change?