**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance War Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    AxeCopFire wrote: »
    Phantom wrote: »
    1 Attacker Kill = 150 points
    1 5k PI Repeat Defender Placed = 10+50 = 65 points
    1 5k PI Diverse Defender Placed = 125+10+50 = 185 points

If you don't want alliances that place no defense to win, the solution is simple: Don't place repeat defenders.

I have Nightcrawler as one of my top champs. I ranked him up solely for for defense, because defender diversity didn't matter. Now it does. You're telling me that my decision to use rare resources and make Nightcrawler one of my few champs that I actually use was a waste?

No I'm telling you that if you don't want alliances that place no defense to win, the solution is simple: Don't place repeat defenders.

It doesn't work that way man... You can have a full 150 man defense that has every champ in the game, but if they don't give you enough opponents to fight, you wont get enough points to win.

Here's what you just said in math terms:

150 is greater than 185.

I hope that you can see your error there.

I think you don't understand the scoring system.

By placing only 30 defenders, you are taking away 18K potential points for the opponent which far outweighs the points gained from diversity, rating and placement on a 150 man defense.
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    If someone else in that same BG already placed that defender, then yes, don't place your "strongest" guys

Btw... defender diversity is across all battle groups, not group to group.

Btw... that is incorrect
  • PhantomPhantom Posts: 228
    If someone else in that same BG already placed that defender, then yes, don't place your "strongest" guys

Awesome. Nice one, Kabam. We can't place who we ranked up for placement. And yet you wonder why we ask for Rank Down Tickets.

Btw... that is incorrect

No it's not

Yes it is. Go look at the Overview of your most recent war and you will see that each BG has it's own "Diversity" score which is counted separately from each other BG
    Smh... the Kabam sycophants are lol
    ZzyzxGuy wrote: »

If you don't want alliances that place no defense to win, the solution is simple: Don't place repeat defenders.

I have Nightcrawler as one of my top champs. I ranked him up solely for for defense, because defender diversity didn't matter. Now it does. You're telling me that my decision to use rare resources and make Nightcrawler one of my few champs that I actually use was a waste?

No I'm telling you that if you don't want alliances that place no defense to win, the solution is simple: Don't place repeat defenders.

It doesn't work that way man... You can have a full 150 man defense that has every champ in the game, but if they don't give you enough opponents to fight, you wont get enough points to win.

150 is greater than 185.

By placing only 30 defenders, you are taking away 18K potential points for the opponent which far outweighs the points gained from diversity, rating and placement on a 150 man defense.

Possible points gained from attacker kills = 22,500

Possible points gained from defenders placed = 27,750 (based on an average of 5k per defender)
  • I LOVE the new war system *cough cough sarcasm*
  • arni2arni2 Posts: 362 ★★
    Dear Kabam, I've created a CONSTRUCTIVE video with most of the issues that I and members on the community encountered. I hope This will help you to improve the Most ENJOYABLE part of the game:
    https://youtu.be/bPRSpAtcJVc

Btw... that is incorrect

No it's not

Yes it is. Go look at the Overview of your most recent war and you will see that each BG has it's own "Diversity" score which is counted separately from each other BG

Btw... that is incorrect

No it's not

Yes, each BG scores points towards diversity, but the tally of the total number of unique champions comes from the entire alliance's defense. There is a maximum number of diversity points that your alliance can get.

While it is correct that you believe that, it is incorrect that that is true. Please count the number of diverse champs in your next war, and compare it to the final diversity score and you will see that you are wrong.

150 is greater than 185.

Possible points gained from defenders placed = 27,750 (based on an average of 5k per defender)

You are using math to describe an impossible scenario.

You are saying that in one BG, an alliance has 50 unique champs all over 5K rating.

150 is greater than 185.

Also, since when is every champ 5k? Am I hearing that, the lower tier you're in, the better the exploit works?

150 is greater than 185.

But this is assuming that the other team gets no kill points?

No it's assuming that your team gets no kill points. If an enemy team places none or minimal defenders you will score 27,750 for maximum diverse defenders and 0 kills, while they will score 22,500 for maximum kills and 0 for defenders.

150 is greater than 185.

Also, since when is every champ 5k? Am I hearing that, the lower tier you're in, the better the exploit works?

Considering that each 1,000 of PI is worth 2 points each it doesn't really matter what the average PI is. I was only using 5k as an example, if you use 4k or 3k the number is still greater than 22,500

150 is greater than 185.

You are saying that in one BG, an alliance has 50 unique champs all over 5K rating.

That's very true. Not only is it hard to believe that everyone in every BG (except very high tier alliances) has 5 champs over 5k, but that they're never repeated.
  • unknownunknown Posts: 378
    wonder how long it will take kabam to start threatening people who dont place awd(exploiting the bug). Always threats to us for their mistakes. They are driving this game into the ground so fast,. Not to mention their horrible customer service which I got to experience personally this week. Its every bit as bad as I have heard. They actually want me to "take their word" for something. AHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA They gotta be kidding.
  • unknownunknown Posts: 378
    I'm telling you that up to 3 people could place Nightcrawler, if they all aren't in the same BG, or if someone in your BG already placed Nightcrawler and you really felt that Nightcrawler was going to stop anyone from getting by no matter how many times they revived, you could sacrifice 125 points and place him anyway. It's your choice.

However I'd suggest creating a strategy with your BG to decide who has the strongest copy of each champ and work out who will use them and what other champs they will place to create the best synergy team while remaining as diverse as possible. It leads to a lot more interesting strategy than "everyone place Nightcrawler, Magik, and Juggernaut"

on the flipside.....you can take all that time and effort to do what you say, and the other team can place no one, and you will still probably lose, even after all of your planning.

150 is greater than 185.

That's very true. Not only is it hard to believe that everyone in every BG (except very high tier alliances) has 5 champs over 5k, but that they're never repeated.

If you placed 150 diverse 3 star champs (50 unique per BG) that were 2k PI each, you would score 26,850 for defenders, so as you can see the PI matters very little.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    linux wrote: »

While it is correct that you believe that, it is incorrect that that is true. Please count the number of diverse champs in your next war, and compare it to the final diversity score and you will see that you are wrong.

Ok man. Have fun, I'm done here.

I can assure you that the system is not as described in the initial announcement. I believe it is as Jeff described, though my data doesn't let me completely eliminate the possibility that Miike was wrong about how 4* and 5* Hulks are counted as one. I carefully recorded all our champs in our last war, and we were not dinged for 2 of 3 duplicates (failing to count duplicates at different * levels could also explain it, but so could treating different BGs separately).

The data I see makes it look more likely that you're wrong and @JazzyJeff1981 is correct. Regardless, the announcement from Kabam is clearly incorrect in some way as there are screenshots of alliances getting 124 diversity points ... and there aren't that many champs.

There are not 119 champions in the game, much less 125. Enjoy.
    c6ntcmeknzzn.jpg

• VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★

150 is greater than 185.

you both are arguing over a poo system, let's focus on getting the poo system changed/improved
  • WorkingAsIntendedWorkingAsIntended Posts: 164 ★★
    This is the turd kabam tried to change into a turd sandwich. Old war was better just needed a revamp on nodes. About all it needed now I'm stuck in aq 2.0 and we can just through the map like nothing matters.

150 is greater than 185.

If you placed 150 diverse 3 star champs (50 unique per BG) that were 2k PI each, you would score 26,850 for defenders, so as you can see the PI matters very little.

Hmmm, I might have to eat crow. Going to do the math.

150 is greater than 185.

But again, if this strategy is used, it means that almost all of the champs that we all ranked up because they were great AW defenders are now useless. Even if this strategy would work, Kabam screwed us all over by ensuring that our champs that we worked hard to upgrade can't be used to win anymore.
This discussion has been closed.