**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

so what about those who complete initial run of act 6? or explore 100% act6 in hard mode

Comments

• PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Knation said:

Cage_1 said:

Ahaha its funny. 🤣

Lets say, If u buy a TV, lets for 200$ and 2 month later the same compagny release another TV with more features and gadgets and they sell it for same price...and ur upset about it and call the compagnie and say " hey I bought the first TV! I want compensation coz u made a better one for same price!" ...they will just say STFU and hang the phone. And thats what u will deserve!

They dont own u anything! 😓

Alright and if they nerfed the rewards of act 6 alongside the difficulty would you be ok with that
    What is with you and nerfing rewards? What do you want exactly.

Pulyaman said:

Cage_1 said:

Ahaha its funny. 🤣

Lets say, If u buy a TV, lets for 200$ and 2 month later the same compagny release another TV with more features and gadgets and they sell it for same price...and ur upset about it and call the compagnie and say " hey I bought the first TV! I want compensation coz u made a better one for same price!" ...they will just say STFU and hang the phone. And thats what u will deserve!

Were not talking about something that was purchased. Were talking about a task that was completed. If you had a job where you were completing more difficult tasks or working more hours but were paid the same as someone with a far easier job you would just keep quiet and say nothing lol? Of course you would. And again ill remind you....a television has MATERIAL value....it costs to produce....it costs in raw material its not FREE to give. ANYTHING you get in this game has no value whatsoever outside of the game. Your analogy makes no sense
    Both the comparisons are wrong.lol. If you were hired to do a a job for 200$ and some months later if you learned that someone else also got hired but he has higher salary than you, you cannot actually moan about it because his salary is not dependent on you. May be he negotiated better.
    If the difficulty is reduced and rewards stay the same or increased, compensation in terms of units is ideal but not practical. So, it could be compensation in terms of items, which is a nightmare because of the different levels of completion by different players.
    If the difficulty is reduced and rewards are reduced, then no compensation. Just the additional rewards that they got is compensation enough.
    Or, Kabam could throw a curveball like what they did in abyss, which can only be discussed after they release what they have planned.
    FYI, I have only completed till 6.2 and I am yet to start on 6.3, not explored anything in act 6.
    So becuase the compensation would be difficult to award the player should recieive nothing because its "too much work"?
    Where did I say that?.Please read the post completely before replying. I said, if the rewards are the same compensation in terms of units is ideal but not practical, because some may have used units and some may have used the stash. The compensation if given will be in terms of items and it would be too much to look into each account on how much they completed and match the compensation to that particular progress level. Just like CMM Abyss compensation, it could be a blanket compensation of potions, revives and energy. Sorry, if I was not clear.
    Regardless of what was used the point I’m trying to make is it’s not an even playing field awarding the same rewards for diffirent levels of difficulty. It’s like the uncollected and master side events awarded exactly the same would that be fair?
    Then you want them to reduce the rewards, if they reduce the difficulty?
    Rewards are based on difficulty are they not? The more difficult the better the rewards that’s the whole progression system in the story mode. I don’t see 5 star crystals given out in act 1 do you? Wheither they give the people that did it when it was harder more or give the people doing it when it’s easier less is for them to decide.
    You are right that the rewards are based on difficulty. But, you could argue that the rewards for act 6 is not worth the difficulty right now as many people are. By that logic, they should reduce the difficulty, and keep rewards the same. For the people who did it in earlier difficulty, compensate them on a large scale the revives, potions and energy.
    Reducing rewards would just open a can of worms that Kabam would well keep away from as far as i see. If it is at all possible, they could just split act 6 into two like it was suggested in the other thread. Keep the current mode as hard mode and the nerfed one as easy one. If you go through this one you get more rewards, if you go through the nerfed one, the rewards are less. I don't see it happening, but it was a good idea
  • Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★

Bidzy7 said:

You will get a shiny new Profile Pic which won't be obtainable any other way apart having completed act 6 100% before they tone it down. Then you can flex. Just like the Abyss Profile Pic.

Expecting anything else would be unrealistic, considering that, presented with the choice, you choose to tackle the content as it was presented.

Thats not the arguement.....yes people decided to do the content as it was presented.....did they know it would be presented in any other way at a later date? The answer is no
    Lol i was simply stating what i thought would be a realistic reward for those who 100% Act 6 before it gets toned down.

No one expected it, but people refused to do it hence why they are changing it.
    Those who did wanted access to the rewards and were happy to work their way through it. They also had the champs or units to complete it. Something which everyone seems to forget as a factor which affects a persons ability to complete stuff in act 6.

Also you guys don't even know what the change entails. All we know is they will be reducing attack values and changing the champion fight. Again we don't even know what that means it could be very similar to what it is now but changing an element of the fight to make it more accessible to a wider number of people. Yet people asking for rewards to be reduced is just plain ridiculous and its the same people saying it in multiple threads across the forum.

• Andyball270Andyball270 Posts: 303 ★★★
    Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Knation said:

Cage_1 said:

Ahaha its funny. 🤣

Alright and if they nerfed the rewards of act 6 alongside the difficulty would you be ok with that

Pulyaman said:

Cage_1 said:

Ahaha its funny. 🤣

Were not talking about something that was purchased. Were talking about a task that was completed. If you had a job where you were completing more difficult tasks or working more hours but were paid the same as someone with a far easier job you would just keep quiet and say nothing lol? Of course you would. And again ill remind you....a television has MATERIAL value....it costs to produce....it costs in raw material its not FREE to give. ANYTHING you get in this game has no value whatsoever outside of the game. Your analogy makes no sense
    Both the comparisons are wrong.lol. If you were hired to do a a job for 200$ and some months later if you learned that someone else also got hired but he has higher salary than you, you cannot actually moan about it because his salary is not dependent on you. May be he negotiated better.
    If the difficulty is reduced and rewards stay the same or increased, compensation in terms of units is ideal but not practical. So, it could be compensation in terms of items, which is a nightmare because of the different levels of completion by different players.
    If the difficulty is reduced and rewards are reduced, then no compensation. Just the additional rewards that they got is compensation enough.
    Or, Kabam could throw a curveball like what they did in abyss, which can only be discussed after they release what they have planned.
    FYI, I have only completed till 6.2 and I am yet to start on 6.3, not explored anything in act 6.
    So becuase the compensation would be difficult to award the player should recieive nothing because its "too much work"?
    Where did I say that?.Please read the post completely before replying. I said, if the rewards are the same compensation in terms of units is ideal but not practical, because some may have used units and some may have used the stash. The compensation if given will be in terms of items and it would be too much to look into each account on how much they completed and match the compensation to that particular progress level. Just like CMM Abyss compensation, it could be a blanket compensation of potions, revives and energy. Sorry, if I was not clear.
    Regardless of what was used the point I’m trying to make is it’s not an even playing field awarding the same rewards for diffirent levels of difficulty. It’s like the uncollected and master side events awarded exactly the same would that be fair?
    Rewards are based on difficulty are they not? The more difficult the better the rewards that’s the whole progression system in the story mode. I don’t see 5 star crystals given out in act 1 do you? Wheither they give the people that did it when it was harder more or give the people doing it when it’s easier less is for them to decide.
    You are right that the rewards are based on difficulty. But, you could argue that the rewards for act 6 is not worth the difficulty right now as many people are. By that logic, they should reduce the difficulty, and keep rewards the same. For the people who did it in earlier difficulty, compensate them on a large scale the revives, potions and energy.
    Reducing rewards would just open a can of worms that Kabam would well keep away from as far as i see. If it is at all possible, they could just split act 6 into two like it was suggested in the other thread. Keep the current mode as hard mode and the nerfed one as easy one. If you go through this one you get more rewards, if you go through the nerfed one, the rewards are less. I don't see it happening, but it was a good idea
    Good idea. Then people will say well I would have done it on the easier difficulty if they had the choice. My issue is it costs kabam nothing to keep the player base happy bu rewarding them appropriately. I don’t understand why it would be so difficult.
  • tkhan08tkhan08 Posts: 189 ★★

tkhan08 said:

I have 100% act 6. I don't want any compensation. Act 6 wasn't bugged. It was really hard. Yet, I decided to 100% because I wanted it. It goes for anyone who has done it. So, what reason I have or anyone to ask for any compensation? Kabam didn't force me or anyone else to do it.

If you were somebody that spent actual money on units to pass it thinking that it wouldnt be changed and would stay as it is personally im sure you would have waited. People arent asking for something for nothing they invested in the content believing this is as it was staying permanently. People arent asking for refunds they are asking for something there is an unlimimted supply of to reward them for completing a more difficult task.
    I didn't spend a single penny. I don't spend on this game. I only ever bought sigil few times. I got units from arenas and eq. Saved crystals and stuff. Still, I am not greedy or irrational to demand something that I don't deserve.
  • BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Posts: 376 ★★★

Nocko said:

Part of the issue with fixing some of this stuff is they know the player base will scream for compensation...
    If you've completed the content, great, congrats but you dont need compensation. You made the decision to complete the content in its current state and you made the decision to spend money and resources.

If they give you some compensation, great but the constant demand for compensation MUST be a contributing factor in Kabam being hesitant to fix some of the complaints.

They're hopefully going to make that content more fun and enjoyable for the entire community, that's compensation enough. (For full disclosure, i havent 100% Act 6. Only completed an initial run)

People completed the content as it was not knowing that later down the line the content would be made easier to complete. I would imagine that if the community knew that they could wait and complete it after waiting for them to make it easier they would not have poured multiple potions,revives and units and in some cases actual money. When we discuss compensation in this game lets not forget that this is not an ACTUAL PHYSICAL product that has a material value to it. Its not something that has to be manufactured and sold and has a cost to do or a limited number of quantitys that is possible to be produced. Its a press of a button. How are we now saying that its ok to give somebody a task of a certain difficulty and reward them the same as somebody else completing a far easier task.Should we now just wait when content comes out for an indefinete period of time until it is made easier?
    Well said , hopefully they take heed !
    tkhan08 said:

tkhan08 said:

I have 100% act 6. I don't want any compensation. Act 6 wasn't bugged. It was really hard. Yet, I decided to 100% because I wanted it. It goes for anyone who has done it. So, what reason I have or anyone to ask for any compensation? Kabam didn't force me or anyone else to do it.

If you were somebody that spent actual money on units to pass it thinking that it wouldnt be changed and would stay as it is personally im sure you would have waited. People arent asking for something for nothing they invested in the content believing this is as it was staying permanently. People arent asking for refunds they are asking for something there is an unlimimted supply of to reward them for completing a more difficult task.
    I didn't spend a single penny. I don't spend on this game. I only ever bought sigil few times. I got units from arenas and eq. Saved crystals and stuff. Still, I am not greedy or irrational to demand something that I don't deserve.
    Because you didn’t invest money in the game doesn’t mean nobody else does. The game that you enjoy wouldn’t be in existence if everybody else took that approach would it. Perhaps the people like yourself that didn’t invest any money and did it all f2p should get nothing and the ones that paid for units should get something then. Would you be happy with that?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Knation said:

Cage_1 said:

Ahaha its funny. 🤣

Pulyaman said:

Cage_1 said:

Ahaha its funny. 🤣

DId you complain when act4 was nerfed to the ground?
    That's a bit of an exaggeration. The removed slashed tires juggs and did something to venom. No other fights including Maestro were touched. And even with those 2 fights act 4 is very doable. Especially these days.
    At the time those two fights were unit pits. hundreds of units. Energy costs were through the roof. Starburst sucked. I did one run there and stopped since it was terrible (until i got ronan). Then they nerfed it and many many players could progress, instead of getting sucked into the same pit. Those two fights are comparable to the sinister/champion fights in 6.2
    The point is, act 4 wasn't nerfed into the ground.

Nocko said:

Part of the issue with fixing some of this stuff is they know the player base will scream for compensation...
    If you've completed the content, great, congrats but you dont need compensation. You made the decision to complete the content in its current state and you made the decision to spend money and resources.

If they give you some compensation, great but the constant demand for compensation MUST be a contributing factor in Kabam being hesitant to fix some of the complaints.

They're hopefully going to make that content more fun and enjoyable for the entire community, that's compensation enough. (For full disclosure, i havent 100% Act 6. Only completed an initial run)

People completed the content as it was not knowing that later down the line the content would be made easier to complete. I would imagine that if the community knew that they could wait and complete it after waiting for them to make it easier they would not have poured multiple potions,revives and units and in some cases actual money. When we discuss compensation in this game lets not forget that this is not an ACTUAL PHYSICAL product that has a material value to it. Its not something that has to be manufactured and sold and has a cost to do or a limited number of quantitys that is possible to be produced. Its a press of a button. How are we now saying that its ok to give somebody a task of a certain difficulty and reward them the same as somebody else completing a far easier task.Should we now just wait when content comes out for an indefinete period of time until it is made easier?
    You seriously believe it is Ok to reduce the rewards? And you actually think it will not have any repercussions to the game overall? I understand people who completed the content in a more difficult level asking for a compensation. But to ask for a reduction in rewards is plain nonsense. Especially in story mode. You remember the side event of end game or infinity war event that got nerfed because it was almost impossible to complete? I mean , I understand asking for a compensation for your efforts, but, others getting the rewards does not affect you in any way. What is the problem there?
    Pulyaman said:

Nocko said:

You seriously believe it is Ok to reduce the rewards? And you actually think it will not have any repercussions to the game overall? I understand people who completed the content in a more difficult level asking for a compensation. But to ask for a reduction in rewards is plain nonsense. Especially in story mode. You remember the side event of end game or infinity war event that got nerfed because it was almost impossible to complete? I mean , I understand asking for a compensation for your efforts, but, others getting the rewards does not affect you in any way. What is the problem there?
    Look further down the thread...I said I’m not
    In favour of reducing rewards they were poor to begin with for the effort required
  • BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Posts: 376 ★★★

tkhan08 said:

A man that thinks before he speaks !

tkhan08 said:

A man that thinks before he speaks !
    Thanks. I do try lol

Pulyaman said:

Nocko said:

In favour of reducing rewards they were poor to begin with for the effort required
    That is why I said that, if they keep the rewards and decrease the difficulty, they should compensate. I am not for reducing rewards mainly because it was my feeling that even though the rewards were buffed, they were not good enough for the time and effort it took to explore act 6. I would have still done it eventually, but not pour units and revives down.
  • Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Knation said:

Cage_1 said:

Ahaha its funny. 🤣

Pulyaman said:

Cage_1 said:

Ahaha its funny. 🤣

That's a bit of an exaggeration. The removed slashed tires juggs and did something to venom. No other fights including Maestro were touched. And even with those 2 fights act 4 is very doable. Especially these days.
    At the time those two fights were unit pits. hundreds of units. Energy costs were through the roof. Starburst sucked. I did one run there and stopped since it was terrible (until i got ronan). Then they nerfed it and many many players could progress, instead of getting sucked into the same pit. Those two fights are comparable to the sinister/champion fights in 6.2
    Lets not discuss the degree of nerfing. Your view varies towards kabam side, and i'd rather not discuss this, with you. Maybe you never did it, so probably have no idea. Either way, it was nerfed, and leave it at that. This topic you are disagreeing about isnt even relevant. Do you disagree just because?
    Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Nocko said:

That is why I said that, if they keep the rewards and decrease the difficulty, they should compensate. I am not for reducing rewards mainly because it was my feeling that even though the rewards were buffed, they were not good enough for the time and effort it took to explore act 6. I would have still done it eventually, but not pour units and revives down.
    You asked me if I seriously thought it was ok to reduce rewards when I’d already said I wasn’t so why ask me that lol?
    Knation said:

H

Pulyaman said:

Knation said:

Cage_1 said:

Ahaha its funny. 🤣

Pulyaman said:

Cage_1 said:

Ahaha its funny. 🤣

I don’t want the rewards to be nerfed just pointing out that a lot of the people giving out to the people wanting compensation would likely go mental if the rewards were nerfed
    Which is just hypocritical
    Some people who have explored act 6 dont want compensation. Everyone has an opinion. I honestly think that compensation should be given out. But whatever is given, people will still feel that it is not enough because of the effort involved in exploring act 6. Also, compensation cannot be tailored to individual which will also cause a lot of commotion in the forums.
    edited June 2020
    Knation said:

H

Pulyaman said:

Knation said:

Cage_1 said:

Ahaha its funny. 🤣

Pulyaman said:

Cage_1 said:

Ahaha its funny. 🤣

I don’t want the rewards to be nerfed just pointing out that a lot of the people giving out to the people wanting compensation would likely go mental if the rewards were nerfed
    The reason for asking for compensation is why people are "giving out".

This scenario is no different to someone asking for compensation because they did the 6.2.6 champion fight with say Thor Jane foster and 1k units and someone else did it with SS and no units. What would you say to the person who did it with Thor in their claim for compensation ? You would essentially blame them for not waiting to get a better champ and that they don't deserve compensation for this because they chose to spend those units.

Brian Grant did whole of 6.2 itemless. It took him months and he has a very large roster but he did it without using a single potion or revive. Even with the cash grab node that is on Mordo in 6.2.5.
    He then did 6.3 Legends run and spent a ton of units, potions and revives. Why so he could try get Legends run rewards and get the rewards from act 6.3 now rather then 8 months down the road. If he didn't do that he could of done 6.3 itemless.

Ultimately it was his choice to do that.

If you had to use large amount of resources to get through act 6 then it can be argued your roster wasn't ready so you chose to pay the fee to bypass the progression needed to get past it. However the issue we also had here was not having the right counters for fights which was dependent on the RNG of crystals. This being a huge factor in the frustrations with act 6 as opposed to the difficulty.

Also how would you compensate players who have done 60/70/80% of Act 6 in its current state. Would you expect kabam to compensate every individual who has done any content in act 6 ?

The issue with nerfing rewards is that it massively favors spenders and would discourage free to play players. Doing that would essentially kill the game because you need a balance between the two for longevity. Kabam already offers incentives for spenders to finish content quickly in the sense the best rewards in the game are usually up for grab and getting hold of them early would give you an advantage. They also have legends run which further rewards those willing to spend units if they can finish in the top 100 times. If they reduce the rewards over time as some have suggested as naturally difficulty gets easier. The gap between those spending and those not just keeps widening.

also in this case say the rewards were nerfed, what do you do for the poeple who have got 60/70/80% of act 6 done before the rewards were nerfed. Is that fair to them.

If you want to Nerf rewards based on difficulty changes it can only be applied in scenarios where progress is either 0% or 100% such as Boss rush. You only get rewards when you complete and there is only 1 path to be done. Only in this situation is it fair.

We currently don't get compensation when faced with bugged content. That's content that doesn't work and has cost you resources which you wouldn't have needed to use if it wasn't bugged. If we aren't getting compensation in this scenario i wouldn't hold out or expect anything. People often come to the forums asking for compensation for situations like this and you know what some people say to them even though they should be compensated ? "If its bugged you shouldn't have done it"

The best you can hope for i feel is some flashy profile pic as way to show to did the content at its more difficult iteration.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Knation said:

Cage_1 said:

Ahaha its funny. 🤣

Pulyaman said:

Cage_1 said:

Ahaha its funny. 🤣

Lets not discuss the degree of nerfing. Your view varies towards kabam side, and i'd rather not discuss this, with you. Maybe you never did it, so probably have no idea. Either way, it was nerfed, and leave it at that. This topic you are disagreeing about isnt even relevant. Do you disagree just because?
    A topic that you started isn't relevant? You brought the whole thing up. I'm disagreeing with you because saying Act 4 was nerfed into the ground is false. That's all I'm saying. You have a right to your opinion, I have a right to disagree with that opinion. Do make a bigger deal out of something that isn't a big deal.
  • Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Knation said:

Cage_1 said:

Ahaha its funny. 🤣

Pulyaman said:

Cage_1 said:

Ahaha its funny. 🤣

A topic that you started isn't relevant? You brought the whole thing up. I'm disagreeing with you because saying Act 4 was nerfed into the ground is false. That's all I'm saying. You have a right to your opinion, I have a right to disagree with that opinion. Do make a bigger deal out of something that isn't a big deal.
    I brought it up as a comparison. DId you do act4 pre nerf? or are you pulling stuff out of your backside like GW?
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Knation said:

Bidzy7 said:

Knation said:

H

Pulyaman said:

Knation said:

Cage_1 said:

Ahaha its funny. 🤣

Pulyaman said:

Cage_1 said:

Ahaha its funny. 🤣

The reason for asking for compensation is why people are "giving out".

This scenario is no different to someone asking for compensation because they did the 6.2.6 champion fight with say Thor Jane foster and 1k units and someone else did it with SS and no units. What would you say to the person who did it with Thor in their claim for compensation ? You would essentially blame them for not waiting to get a better champ and that they don't deserve compensation for this because they chose to spend those units.

Brian Grant did whole of 6.2 itemless. It took him months and he has a very large roster but he did it without using a single potion or revive. Even with the cash grab node that is on Mordo in 6.2.5.
    He then did 6.3 Legends run and spent a ton of units, potions and revives. Why so he could try get Legends run rewards and get the rewards from act 6.3 now rather then 8 months down the road. If he didn't do that he could of done 6.3 itemless.

Ultimately it was his choice to do that.

If you had to use large amount of resources to get through act 6 then it can be argued your roster wasn't ready so you chose to pay the fee to bypass the progression needed to get past it. However the issue we also had here was not having the right counters for fights which was dependent on the RNG of crystals. This being a huge factor in the frustrations with act 6 as opposed to the difficulty.

Also how would you compensate players who have done 60/70/80% of Act 6 in its current state. Would you expect kabam to compensate every individual who has done any content in act 6 ?

The issue with nerfing rewards is that it massively favors spenders and would discourage free to play players. Doing that would essentially kill the game because you need a balance between the two for longevity. Kabam already offers incentives for spenders to finish content quickly in the sense the best rewards in the game are usually up for grab and getting hold of them early would give you an advantage. They also have legends run which further rewards those willing to spend units if they can finish in the top 100 times. If they reduce the rewards over time as some have suggested as naturally difficulty gets easier. The gap between those spending and those not just keeps widening.

also in this case say the rewards were nerfed, what do you do for the poeple who have got 60/70/80% of act 6 done before the rewards were nerfed. Is that fair to them.

If you want to Nerf rewards based on difficulty changes it can only be applied in scenarios where progress is either 0% or 100% such as Boss rush. You only get rewards when you complete and there is only 1 path to be done. Only in this situation is it fair.

We currently don't get compensation when faced with bugged content. That's content that doesn't work and has cost you resources which you wouldn't have needed to use if it wasn't bugged. If we aren't getting compensation in this scenario i wouldn't hold out or expect anything. People often come to the forums asking for compensation for situations like this and you know what some people say to them even though they should be compensated ? "If its bugged you shouldn't have done it"

The best you can hope for i feel is some flashy profile pic as way to show to did the content at its more difficult iteration.
    Did you not read the part where I said I don’t think the rewards should be nerfed just saying people giving out to people wanting compensation would likely complain if the rewards were nerfed which is hypocritical
    If anything the rewards don’t reflect the effort you have to put in but that’s a whole different story
    You finished content early so you're wrong as far as he's concerned. Anytime you get the short straw that's your choice for doing things early. But when someone who waited gets the short straw, oh man is he upset about it.
  • TheMightyJonTheMightyJon Posts: 52
    Pulyaman said:

Knation said:

H

Pulyaman said:

Knation said:

Cage_1 said:

Ahaha its funny. 🤣

Pulyaman said:

Cage_1 said:

Ahaha its funny. 🤣

Some people who have explored act 6 dont want compensation. Everyone has an opinion. I honestly think that compensation should be given out. But whatever is given, people will still feel that it is not enough because of the effort involved in exploring act 6. Also, compensation cannot be tailored to individual which will also cause a lot of commotion in the forums.
    Yeah I think you are right, everyones skill level, roster and item cost to explore Act 6 will have been different but maybe they could find a middle ground with a compensation that is useful without being ridiculous. I think they'd already mentioned they would compensate those that had done Champion fight when it has been changed so this just feel like an extension of that for me. I know I'd be grateful for whatever it is.
    @Knation
    I read it unlike you taking the time to read and take on board what i said and just clicking on the dislike button.

I didn't say you was claiming to nerf rewards
    My point about rewards was in relation to what it means to the game if kabam started doing that.
    edited June 2020
    Knation said:

Bidzy7 said:

@Knation
    I read it unlike you taking the time to read and take on board what i said and just clicking on the dislike button.

I didn't say you was claiming to nerf rewards
    My point about rewards was in relation to what it means to the game if kabam started doing that.

Sorry about then my bad but I’ll still stick to my point
    If you are complaining about people wanting compensation for doing content that has gotten nerfed because “no one forced them to do it” then you should be fine with the rewards going down as well

If you read what i wrote you would of saw i never complained, i highlighted and offered arguments to show how your complaint is no different to various scenarios which are no so more likely to get compensation.

They can nerf the rewards, would you be happy then if all the f2p players stopped playing and the game died ?

Do you think my example using Jane foster warrants compensation ? If so then fair enough, wish you all the best in getting compensation. If not then how can you ask for compensation and deny that person compensation

if you want a constructive discussion then at least respond to the points i raised
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Qfury said:

"You were happy and comfortable to do it at the difficulty it was and that’s the end of it".

I disagree. A lot of us have done act 6 completely unaware a change was coming or even being discussed. So yes at the time we had no choice but to do it in its current state..

You did in fact have a choice. Everyone has a choice. You can choose to do it now, or you can choose to do it later. It will be easier later. It always is easier later. How much easier and on what time scales no one knows. But you can't say you had no choice, because it is plainly obvious everyone has that choice. Most players do not in fact feel compelled to do all the content in the game as quickly as humanly possible.
    Works both ways though. If the rewards get adjusted after you've chosen to not do the content yet, then you made that choice to not do it originally.

I don't want a single thing from the act 6 change as I could not possibly care less. What I have a problem with is when some of you try to weight the choice of waiting higher than doing content originally. You don't get to complain when rewards gets changed after the fact if you're fine with difficulty being changed after the fact and rewards staying the same.
    Kabam is almost certainly *not* going to do what I suggested, but what I suggested for Act 6 was that they leave both Act 6 and Act 6 rewards alone, and make an easy(er) path through it for first time completion that had lower rewards commensurate with the lowered difficulty, leaving the original difficulty for players to attempt later and get the original rewards. Meanwhile, everyone who had already completed Act 6 would get those rewards retroactively automatically.

But all changes have to have a design justification. Increasing rewards or lowering difficulty have design justifications associated with them. Lowering rewards can also theoretically have design justifications, but that hurdle is typically much harder to overcome, because the game is designed for the reward/effort ratio to increase over time, but not to decrease. Still, I can't think of a single time when I "weighted" the time component of a gameplay choice in regards to rewards. That's axiomatically a concept that doesn't exist in my game design vocabulary.

If you are making reference to the Abyss rewards, I'm on record as saying my first choice would have been to leave the rewards unchanged and make the Abyss Nexus available for any player who completes Abyss 100% to buy once, at any time in the future, regardless of when they explore Abyss, for 15k 6* shards. That is, in spite of how some people attempt to characterize it, a time neutral change to the game, or rather to be more precise as time neutral as all other game additions can be for any game as a service.

There are no absolute rules in game design. And the higher the simplification, the less likely any statement about game balance or game fairness is going to be remotely true.
    You basically equated them designing and awarding a crystal with better odds at a specific champion to new champions being added into the game. New champions being added and then the chances of actually getting them and pulling champions you used resources on already from crystals are factors that can be taken into account when making a decision. And that losing out on the ability to make an informed choice to use things like awakening gems and sig stones was no different than natural game progression.

That's just not remotely true though. I've got a good idea how likely I am to get a newly released or any other specific 6* champ on the normal release schedule in game. It's incredibly low even as a spender. I cannot however be expected to take into account am entirely new crystal be designed and then awarded for content I completed months ago. I can only be expected to make a decision based on currently available information. Making a purchasable crystal still leaves me at a disadvantage as I decided whether or not using available resources was worth it vs odds of actually obtaining a better champion in the near future.

I lost out on a major choice and used AGs that are infinitely harder to replace than 15k shards. Personally I hope, and would be shocked if they did, don't touch the act 6 rewards. I'd like to see everyone get back the 15k shards from abyss as well. The attitude some of you have toward people that lost out on something far more valuable than 15k shards that will more than likely give absolutely nothing of legitimate value is laughable.
    At some point, we just have to agree to laugh, and not discuss why we're laughing.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Bidzy7 said:

@Worknprogress

you are a just a salty bitter individual who has this chip on his shoulder who thinks because it was a struggle/diificult for you that it should also be a struggle/difficult for everyone else and if its not they should be punished for it.

You have spammed multiple threads with the same line of thought and keep bringing up the same points.

You keep saying you don't care either way what happens but yet you keep arguing and moaning for it.

In the game feedback thread you was advocating multiple times if they tone down the difficulty they should reduce rewards by "25%". You used the exact same argument in this thread.

This thread has nothing to do with abyss rewards but you had to have a rant about it here too.

Champion pulls have an impact on difficulty but again this seems to allude you and apparently people who haven't done act 6 are simply lazy or moaners who want stuff given to them.

you don't even understand the very nature of the game.
    Give all the players the exact same champions and see how that affects when people finish content.
    Remove all the rank up resources and leave only resources that can be obtained in other parts of the game in act 6 like 5* shards and see how many people rush to do that content.
    Remove legends run and see how that affects people rushing to do content.

You talk about hating the community, go find another game where the community largely agrees with you line of thought. Plenty of games out there.

You just seem to be looking for some sort of pity party.

Champ pulls have an impact on difficulty? Wow that's brand new information. I truly appreciate you enlightening me.

Why would I stop playing a game I enjoy bc the playerbase sucks? If so much of the playerbase hates the game, maybe they should find a new one.

But all those things are in the game. You can't remove them. Maybe they're not there in another game. Maybe you'll like it.

Not sure why you're so bent on trying to twist people finishing content early into being wrong or that doing that makes any opinion you have going forward invalid.

I don't care how long people take to do content. I wish far more people waited. We'd have way less people complaining about the difficulty if that was the case.

It's obvious you've picked and chose what points of things I've posted to actually read because I never once advocated for reducing the rewards. In fact I stated I don't even know how many times at this point I don't want that but keep cherry picking. All I did was use the abyss reward as an example. People are upset bc the task is the same but the rewards are lower. Now you have an easier task for the same rewards and all of you upset about abyss seem to have no problem with that at all. I don't either honestly but find the hypocrisy in a group who is complaining about "fairness" funny.