**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Bans for Exploiting Bugs [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• oMegaPashaoMegaPasha Posts: 8
    Even story mode chests giving some stuff always. how they pushing players only take once this rewards and calls it a bug. It's absolutely designer fail in this adventure.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,960 ★★★★★

Even story mode chests giving some stuff always. how they pushing players only take once this rewards and calls it a bug. It's absolutely designer fail in this adventure.

Chests are programmed to be there. Come on. You can't be that absent minded to compare path chests to this? The path chests are randomly placed each time you enter. Use common sense.
  • MrR0b0tMrR0b0t Posts: 234
    BogOlimpa said:

@Kabam Miike Bans affect not only the players who used the bug. They also reflect on players who play fair and innocent. Cancel two wars and let alliances recruit players. This shouldn't affect Season Rewards !!!

If you make a bed with cheaters you must deal with the conciquenses. Kick them and move on. They did not care when they stole and were ranking defenders for war placement to cheat other players you fought. They cheated and you prospered from it.
  • bdawg923bdawg923 Posts: 753 ★★★★
    edited September 2020
    Mcord117 said:

Mcord117 said:

Absurd to ban people because they don’t quality test their game. Doesn’t impact me in any way, still a bunch of bs

Is it absurd to ban hackers because they found a way to mod the game because Kabam didn't have protection against it?
    Not even remotely the same thing. Is the burden on the players to decipher when a screw up is a bug or intended? Where is their accountability in this? It’s just ok, cause we’ll our expectations should be that they don’t bother quality testing so if something feels too good we should stop and as if it’s ok?
    So youre saying they intended for people to farm unlimited 5 star awakened gems this month? That's cute
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Mcord117 said:

Whatever it’s not my issue I was waiting for the map to come out so I have not run a single path. The burden is on the multi million dollar company to make sure when they release something it’s right. Man would it be great if I got to blame my customers for taking advantage of every time my company messed up. It doesn’t happen that way in business, you own your mistake and you move on

So if you mess up and someone steals from your company you are going to just say “oh well, we massed up, that 20k theft should not be reported to the cops?”
  • Meh. It was patently obvious that it was bugged if you could keep going into a one time entry quest. Unlucky, you’ll know next time not to take the mick.
  • Eternity0Eternity0 Posts: 106 ★★
    The Problem is Kabam was nice Enough to acknowledge That not everyone has counter to WeaponX or Iceman bosses.. So if they Fail one time or doesn’t have UNITMAN on there side they wouldn’t have to lose the 5* AG because of that.. You can Try again later with better preparation when you REENTER the key you used before

They should have been Jerks to say use one key one time you cant defeat WeaponX Boss onetime? Dont have unitman? Booooo... Not getting it
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,548 ★★★★★

I don't even need a gifting event this year. This thread keeps on giving and giving.

I’m enjoying this thread as well.
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,147 ★★★
    😂say goodbye to the summoner appreciation calendar as well
  • MalchaeisMalchaeis Posts: 174 ★★
    There comes a time, if you've been playing this game awhile, when you know kabam wouldn't give out these type of rewards easily. Personally I never really read the descriptions of the new events thoroughly. Just skim. So banning people for doing multiple runs shouldn't happen. Maybe they never read the description and didn't know they needed keys. Banning people for doing ludicrous amount of runs for great rewards.. probably... cause there has to come a time when they know its too good to be true and they should stop. But they don't. Its just plain frustrating for their fellow alliance members to suffer cause of their greed. Then people that didn't get a chance to do a couple free runs are mad cause they missed it understandably so. There is no easy answer to this.
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    There are people here, who's rosters are capable of beating tier 4, that simultaneously claim they had no idea getting so many rewards was not intended. It's quite frankly insulting to other players intelligence. You don't get to be able to beat tier 4 without learning along the way that giving out rewards of this magnitude would never happen.
    dirt13jr said:

A week ban?! I got banned for something i didn’t even know was not right. I was doing the event and the second i saw global talking about it i stopped immediately. Yes in a way it’s my fault but i feel bad for alliances and the people in it who did nothing. i deserve the ban but a week is excessive. Maybe postpone or add a week onto AW.

I don't know whether to agree that you know you deserve the ban or disagree with your silly suggestion to delay the war season.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,960 ★★★★★
    Nakuul said:

Mcord117 said:

Whatever it’s not my issue I was waiting for the map to come out so I have not run a single path. The burden is on the multi million dollar company to make sure when they release something it’s right. Man would it be great if I got to blame my customers for taking advantage of every time my company messed up. It doesn’t happen that way in business, you own your mistake and you move on

Wait, I work in retail. So shoplifters stealing is the company's fault as well? Because they didn't test whether someone can walk out the door with it over and over so the company gets what it deserves? The shoplifter isn't to blame because, even though they know what they are doing is wrong, it's the company's fault?

You sir are something else. 👍
    As a fellow retail slave, I'm reminded of the Karens in this thread.
    I'll get the manager 😑😑😑
  • HippoSleek_JHippoSleek_J Posts: 172 ★★
    bdawg923 said:

Habstrakt said:

So many ignorant commenters one here, bunch of sheep. “you break terms of service” blah blah.... show me where it says not to run a quest more than once.ill wait

It says abusing an exploit (Which getting the same reward more than once is) will result in a 1 week ban
    Never run a daily cat quest more than once and gotten a chest on a path that you already completed?
    They already said the path would stay open and they set a president for chests staying on completed paths to be collected again but now they've decided to ban people without explaining when that is OK to do and when it isn't and hidden behind VERY loose 'see out ToS' explination.
    Lmao getting a few catalysts and getting a boatloads of 5 star awakening gems is not remotely similar😂
    Why are you so focused on the rewards and not the issue at hand?
    If this was a case that people got an extra 1000 gold not 1 person would give a flying turd but when you think people might gain more than you BAN THEM QUICK!
  • Dart1981Dart1981 Posts: 222 ★★★
    Oh well, the pool of players for summoner showdown just got a lot smaller. 😅 Way to exploit!! (not that I'm anywhere near good enough)

bdawg923 said:

Habstrakt said:

So many ignorant commenters one here, bunch of sheep. “you break terms of service” blah blah.... show me where it says not to run a quest more than once.ill wait

It says abusing an exploit (Which getting the same reward more than once is) will result in a 1 week ban
    Never run a daily cat quest more than once and gotten a chest on a path that you already completed?
    They already said the path would stay open and they set a president for chests staying on completed paths to be collected again but now they've decided to ban people without explaining when that is OK to do and when it isn't and hidden behind VERY loose 'see out ToS' explination.
    Lmao getting a few catalysts and getting a boatloads of 5 star awakening gems is not remotely similar😂
    Why are you so focused on the rewards and not the issue at hand?
    If this was a case that people got an extra 1000 gold not 1 person would give a flying turd but when you think people might gain more than you BAN THEM QUICK!
    Because the rewards are the reason this was exploited. They told people 1 reward per path, and people went and farmed 5* gems. Do you not see how that's an issue?
  • HippoSleek_JHippoSleek_J Posts: 172 ★★

Habstrakt said:

Very loose? This is very loose?

That is lose. 'Intended purpose' which wasn't made clear even when people asked.
    And, saying they KNOW, without reasonable doubt, that people definitely did use their glitch in order to gain.
    They can't possibly KNOW that for a fact.
  • dirt13jrdirt13jr Posts: 177 ★★
    A week ban is a bit much kabam, I did re run paths to get about 600 units, and i didn’t really think anything of it. i saw global talking about how it was a bug and stopped right away. I then proceeded to get banned for a week, this is not fair to alliances and people in the allies. Yes i probably deserve the ban, but just add a week to the AW season or something, I deserve what i got and regret it but i don’t want others to suffer my mistakes.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Habstrakt said:

Very loose? This is very loose?

That is lose. 'Intended purpose' which wasn't made clear even when people asked.
    And, saying they KNOW, without reasonable doubt, that people definitely did use their glitch in order to gain.
    They can't possibly KNOW that for a fact.
    1) They should have known
    2) It was clarified before the event you should only get the rewards once.
This discussion has been closed.