**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Throne Breaker Title Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★

• QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 806 ★★★★
    So the 10% is just conjecture. I hope they extend the discount to featured cavs as well.
    PeaRat said:

Odachi said:

xNig said:

The 6* R3 requirement is complete BS. I have 27 6* and not a single one of them is R3 worthy as they are either **** champs or need the dupe which will never happen if I take them beyond R1.
    Thanks again Kabam for being completely out of touch with your player base, your road map was just a farce to get us back in line and where's the damn help all button you promised us by September the months nearly done and nothing

Screenshot your 27 6* champs then? 😊

This is why I hate it when people complain about having no one to rank up. They almost always have plenty of rank up options but since they aren’t Ghost, Corvus, or Doom they just whine about it. Man-Thing, Hulkbuster, Sentinel, Morningstar, Mojo, Psylocke, and even GG and Dorm are all good/viable 6r3s.
    Did you really just put Psylocke, GG, and Dorm? C'mon bruh.

Yes I did, why wouldn’t I? GG is annoying on defense still and is a fun attacker and Dorm is a solid power control champ, one of the best in the game.
    Damn good on you. Personally wouldnt do it myself but I am curious to see how the others who called you a hypocrite respond
    Hey you showed you're not all talk. I have nothing more to say to you. If you ranked psylocke you're a serious player and I respect that. My issue is the ignoring the prestige race part, that is a key element for a lot of players but based on your commentary this isn't a big deal to you so I get your perspective.
    It's your decision to put yourself in that position with a cometitive alliance - and surely if you are doing that then rewards from such high stakes should of earned you more fragments and shards to form more t5cc and 6* champs than someone like me in a retirement ally who spends all his glory happily on rank up mats never having to buy a potion or revive and takes a champ to r3 for fun. Surely that can't be the case, can it?

Maybe, just maybe - you just enjoy the game and don't consider it a second job.
    You play you're non competitive alliance and I will continue to run mine as we are soon to be top 30. Look us up MIG! If you want to play just for fun fine but I will speak up for those that have RNG issues and don't want to rank up an undupped KG to get access to thronebreaker.
    You choose to enter the prestige race instead of getting the title. Thats on you.
    Not really. If you want to play or consider playing the game at a high level then you need to focus on prestige.
    Top alliances understand that your rank ups in the game should focus on helping the team more than yourself.
    The main objective of top alliances is to raise prestige so that comes first in “most” cases.
    With this new title some people may feel forced to R3 an unduped Ægon or OR who will be completely useless (for prestige and usability) until they get lucky with RNG and manage to dupe them.
    A move like this will hurt prestige for the ally but on the other hand if they don’t R3 a champ it could hurt their own progression as they would fall further behind due to missing out on the benefits of the new title.
    The point I believe he was making was that playing that way means having someone else make your Ranking decisions. Personally, no one decides who I Rank but myself, but to each their own. In any case, the point is moot because any Champ that becomes your first R3 will increase your Prestige either way. At a very basic PI level.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    PeaRat said:

Odachi said:

xNig said:

The 6* R3 requirement is complete BS. I have 27 6* and not a single one of them is R3 worthy as they are either **** champs or need the dupe which will never happen if I take them beyond R1.
    Thanks again Kabam for being completely out of touch with your player base, your road map was just a farce to get us back in line and where's the damn help all button you promised us by September the months nearly done and nothing

This is why I hate it when people complain about having no one to rank up. They almost always have plenty of rank up options but since they aren’t Ghost, Corvus, or Doom they just whine about it. Man-Thing, Hulkbuster, Sentinel, Morningstar, Mojo, Psylocke, and even GG and Dorm are all good/viable 6r3s.

Yes I did, why wouldn’t I? GG is annoying on defense still and is a fun attacker and Dorm is a solid power control champ, one of the best in the game.
    Damn good on you. Personally wouldnt do it myself but I am curious to see how the others who called you a hypocrite respond
    Hey you showed you're not all talk. I have nothing more to say to you. If you ranked psylocke you're a serious player and I respect that. My issue is the ignoring the prestige race part, that is a key element for a lot of players but based on your commentary this isn't a big deal to you so I get your perspective.
    It's your decision to put yourself in that position with a cometitive alliance - and surely if you are doing that then rewards from such high stakes should of earned you more fragments and shards to form more t5cc and 6* champs than someone like me in a retirement ally who spends all his glory happily on rank up mats never having to buy a potion or revive and takes a champ to r3 for fun. Surely that can't be the case, can it?

Maybe, just maybe - you just enjoy the game and don't consider it a second job.
    You play you're non competitive alliance and I will continue to run mine as we are soon to be top 30. Look us up MIG! If you want to play just for fun fine but I will speak up for those that have RNG issues and don't want to rank up an undupped KG to get access to thronebreaker.
    You choose to enter the prestige race instead of getting the title. Thats on you.
    Not really. If you want to play or consider playing the game at a high level then you need to focus on prestige.
    Top alliances understand that your rank ups in the game should focus on helping the team more than yourself.
    The main objective of top alliances is to raise prestige so that comes first in “most” cases.
    With this new title some people may feel forced to R3 an unduped Ægon or OR who will be completely useless (for prestige and usability) until they get lucky with RNG and manage to dupe them.
    A move like this will hurt prestige for the ally but on the other hand if they don’t R3 a champ it could hurt their own progression as they would fall further behind due to missing out on the benefits of the new title.
    Again the choice of playing at a high level without spending a lot is on you. You are hardly missing out on much from the new title. You are choosing to play the game a certain way hence why a different way feels forced to you when its not.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Camby01 said:

Sabretooth, Killmonger, Ghulk, Magneto, Colossus, and Ronin are all solid 6r3 candidates.
    No they're not. They aren't dupped. You need a dup to keep up with the prestige rank, if you rank anybody especially an Omega red for r3 6* with 0 dups will hold you back even further than simply waiting for the dup. These items are still way too rare to rank up, unfortunately a title is tied to it.
    Then thats on you to not rank them up not kabam. I would personally rank them up except sabre. Def mags and colossus but you are waiting for the near perfect situation which has its downsides like every other decision in the game.
    Yeah, that's the whole point. I want to feel good about the rankup and I have that option. I'm saying its not cool to put the new story progression with that gate. Overall the title is super easy to get so I'm not mad about it just saying I feel for the people who have to force a rankup. Not hard to understand.
    It is understandable that people don't want to go out of their way to do things they aren't happy with just to progress. But Thronebreaker doesn't require people to do that. You could simply wait until you have a rank up option you are happy with. You're only required to do something you aren't happy with if you want Thronebreaker immediately and don't have an option you're happy with. And that's less understandable, because first that's saying that not only must the game give you progression options you're happy with, it must always do so immediately. And that only breeds unhealthy entitlement in the playerbase.

And second, because the game has to sell something, the thing it most strongly monetizes is impatience: it sells the ability to get now what everyone else will get eventually. That's the best, softest monetization gate possible, because no one is permanently paywalled away from progression. Spenders only get there faster, they don't get anywhere everyone else can't get to eventually. If you mandate that the game must always give people expedited ways to make progress, even at the very highest levels of the game, you neuter that monetization option away. Which means much more harsher paywalls would have to be created to monetize instead.

No one is forced into a rank up. Everyone has a choice to make, and they should be responsible for that choice. And if enjoying rank ups is something a player prioritizes, then they should hold off on ranking up their first rank 3 until they pull a champ they will be happy to rank up. it will only delay reaching Thronebreaker by some period of time, not blockade them off of it forever. But if they want the Thronebreaker title more than they want to feel happy about their first rank 3 rank up, then that's the choice they should make as well. And the idea that games shouldn't present tough choices to players is false. In my opinion the best games always do.
    I totally get you but this is make or break for people that been in alliances for a long time that want to advance. That is the pressure of playing competitively. So yes the rush is in your own mind and I totally get that but the same goes for reviving up in alliance war to get the victory and everything else. I know legitimate players who spend far more than myself who done almost as much content but the RNG battle is holding them back.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

xNig said:

Oh prestige is certainly a concern of mine, if it wasn’t I wouldn’t be tossing every sig stone as possible into my r3 Havok and Void and I wouldn’t have dropped my generic six star awakening gem on Doom (he’s going to r3 in about a month hopefully). It’s just that it’s not the sole factor in deciding who I rank up.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★

Camby01 said:

Sabretooth, Killmonger, Ghulk, Magneto, Colossus, and Ronin are all solid 6r3 candidates.
    No they're not. They aren't dupped. You need a dup to keep up with the prestige rank, if you rank anybody especially an Omega red for r3 6* with 0 dups will hold you back even further than simply waiting for the dup. These items are still way too rare to rank up, unfortunately a title is tied to it.
    Then thats on you to not rank them up not kabam. I would personally rank them up except sabre. Def mags and colossus but you are waiting for the near perfect situation which has its downsides like every other decision in the game.
    Yeah, that's the whole point. I want to feel good about the rankup and I have that option. I'm saying its not cool to put the new story progression with that gate. Overall the title is super easy to get so I'm not mad about it just saying I feel for the people who have to force a rankup. Not hard to understand.
    No one is forced to make a rank up, you get slightly better crystals that barely move the needle stop feeding that delusion.
    We don't know everything Kabam is offering why would you lie and make it seem like it doesn't move the needle? Secondly, if it didn't move the needle there would be no need of the separation so that is also untrue. You don't need to do that to prove a point and wow you were off on this one.
    We know exactly what they are offering it’s in the announcement you obviously didn’t bother to read.

You’re lying if you’re suggesting updated crystals move the needle. But that’s common of people around here to have vastly over inflated expectations.
    The following will be available when Thronebreaker launches:
    New Daily Crystal
    New 4 Hour Crystal
    Discounted Cavalier Crystals
    New Cavalier Shard Calendar replaces your GMC Shard Calendar
    The Following will be released over time, and will not be available on the day that Thronebreaker launches:
    New Gold Crystal
    New Arena Crystal
    Additional items in the Black ISO Market
    New Monthly Calendar
    New Daily Objectives
    Exclusive offers, gifts, and rewards

So discounted cavaliers don't move the needle? Cheaper Cavs means more crystals to buy, therefore more chances at 6 star dups and god tier. Lets act like shards are not in the equation why don't we? lol

So lets just ignore all the new content that they will be added overtime as well. You're the one who can't read. I copy and pasted all the needle movers above.
    Are you really gonna buy cavalier crystals?
    Buy 9 cavs get one free is game changing and worthy of using a t5cc? Like I said over inflated and delusional.
    If you don't think the throne breaker offers that will mostly come during Black Friday will not increase the gap between the top and the rest and won't game changing for many people who are FtP, then you're delusional. I honestly don't care about the rest, other than possibly the monthly calender depending on how it is. But the offers? For sure.
    I don’t think offers will increase the gap, that gap is carefully maintained by Kabam in various ways. Are you listening to yourself talking about offers you buy for money being game changing for ftp? By definition a ftp will not participate in those offers. If your talking about unit offers it will likely be a marginal difference at best and they will be aimed at moving cavs closer to throne breaker as it always has been.
    Black Friday offers can be gotten by FtP. That's all I care about tbh. You can advance a ton with the right amount of luck and units with those offers. Still don't see why you don't read when I say Black Friday. The stuff with Odin's and all are really good, but it's the rankup resources that are important. And you get a lot with the 15k units. Adding a new level will boost those people more.
    Okay, what do you see the difference being then?
    Easily higher amount of T5cc and most probably selectors. Which may not be big for you at the level you're at, but for me, it definitely is.
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    Outside of all the arguing about what the criteria should be there’s the issue of the experience that comes with this new format for measuring progression.

Most people are going to finish act 6 before forming a T5cc. Then what do you do? Sit there for months hoping to pull some catalysts fragments so you can rank up a champ to r3, that champion potentially being your first available option and one you feel pressured to rank but that otherwise has no great use. Sure, people don’t have to make that choice but many will and many will regret it.

That whole experience is at best anticlimactic and will in some cases be negative. It doesn’t really compare with that instant gratification of becoming uncollected or cavalier. It’s just an ill conceived mess.

Honestly I don’t know what the answer is but it’s not this, surely...

• TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    If Kabam gave us a full t5cc selector and generic 6 star awakening gem at the end of act 6 no one would have this problem because we could just rank up any champ we have. Most players no matter how bad their roster is have at least 2 or 3 god tier champs undupped once you get into 20's with 6 stars. This is an artificial RNG problem that didn't need to be there but from a profit motive it makes the most sense. People will be opening up their wallets to blitz through act 6 in less than a week.
    Berjibs said:

Outside of all the arguing about what the criteria should be there’s the issue of the experience that comes with this new format for measuring progression.

Most people are going to finish act 6 before forming a T5cc. Then what do you do? Sit there for months hoping to pull some catalysts fragments so you can rank up a champ to r3, that champion potentially being your first available option and one you feel pressured to rank but that otherwise has no great use. Sure, people don’t have to make that choice but many will and many will regret it.

That whole experience is at best anticlimactic and will in some cases be negative. It doesn’t really compare with that instant gratification of becoming uncollected or cavalier. It’s just an ill conceived mess.

Honestly I don’t know what the answer is but it’s not this, surely...

The advancement of our Rosters isn't a new way of measuring progress. It's been around since the beginning.
  • DNA3000 said:

Camby01 said:

It is understandable that people don't want to go out of their way to do things they aren't happy with just to progress. But Thronebreaker doesn't require people to do that. You could simply wait until you have a rank up option you are happy with. You're only required to do something you aren't happy with if you want Thronebreaker immediately and don't have an option you're happy with. And that's less understandable, because first that's saying that not only must the game give you progression options you're happy with, it must always do so immediately. And that only breeds unhealthy entitlement in the playerbase.

And second, because the game has to sell something, the thing it most strongly monetizes is impatience: it sells the ability to get now what everyone else will get eventually. That's the best, softest monetization gate possible, because no one is permanently paywalled away from progression. Spenders only get there faster, they don't get anywhere everyone else can't get to eventually. If you mandate that the game must always give people expedited ways to make progress, even at the very highest levels of the game, you neuter that monetization option away. Which means much more harsher paywalls would have to be created to monetize instead.

No one is forced into a rank up. Everyone has a choice to make, and they should be responsible for that choice. And if enjoying rank ups is something a player prioritizes, then they should hold off on ranking up their first rank 3 until they pull a champ they will be happy to rank up. it will only delay reaching Thronebreaker by some period of time, not blockade them off of it forever. But if they want the Thronebreaker title more than they want to feel happy about their first rank 3 rank up, then that's the choice they should make as well. And the idea that games shouldn't present tough choices to players is false. In my opinion the best games always do.
    I totally get you but this is make or break for people that been in alliances for a long time that want to advance. That is the pressure of playing competitively. So yes the rush is in your own mind and I totally get that but the same goes for reviving up in alliance war to get the victory and everything else. I know legitimate players who spend far more than myself who done almost as much content but the RNG battle is holding them back.
    That's true, but consider about all the other burdens on top tier alliances that are common, if not necessarily universal. Setting alarms to move at night or getting texted to advance in AW in the middle of the day, ranking up for AQ prestige or ranking up champs that will only be used as a defender. There's a lot of things those players do that outside of top tier alliances we'd call degenerate behavior for most players: doing things that don't help them personally and can even hurt their individual progress. In any competitive environment, the people willing to make the biggest sacrifices are usually among the ones at the very top.

I don't think it is an accident that to stay at the top many of those players have to do suboptimal things, like rank for prestige. I think it is a deliberate choice by the devs that some high prestige choices have lower utility: they aren't all also the absolute most useful champs. For the players willing to do whatever it takes to be at the top, Kabam is giving them a lot of things to do, because it creates a competitive environment for the top players to duel over, that doesn't really affect anyone below.

So at the very top, there is a special case where Thronebreaker will, in context, be a "requirement" for players to get. But I think in that one special case, that's acceptable simply because the players already running on the top tier treadmill do so voluntarily, and already subject themselves to a lot more than that in the pursuit of staying at the top. We don't judge the game mechanics based on how the very top tier players in the top tier alliances spank them into submission. They aren't just playing the game MCOC, they are playing a completely different metagame called "jockeying for top spots in MCOC" which is played by a completely separate set of rules, and which has very high costs to participate.
  • If Kabam gave us a full t5cc selector and generic 6 star awakening gem at the end of act 6 no one would have this problem because we could just rank up any champ we have. Most players no matter how bad their roster is have at least 2 or 3 god tier champs undupped once you get into 20's with 6 stars. This is an artificial RNG problem that didn't need to be there but from a profit motive it makes the most sense. People will be opening up their wallets to blitz through act 6 in less than a week.

But if the requirement was, say, 100% Act 6, then wouldn't the same thing happen: people would feel compelled to spend past Act 6? As difficult as Act 6 to most players, if you're willing to spend an unlimited number of units on it you can do almost any path with average skill. So instead of having to suffer through bad RNG, would it be better if lots of players simply felt they had to spend cash to clear Act 6 immediately, rather than eventually?

People say that completing Act 6 is about skill, but that's not entirely true. It is *usually* more about skill than RNG, because most people won't spend exorbitant amounts of units to clear it, because even the very good rewards at the end aren't worth spending more than a certain amount. But if you place a progression title at the end of it that people are saying is sufficiently valuable that they are considering ranking up champs they would otherwise not rank to r3, wouldn't many of them feel compelled to do anything else besides bad rank ups? Whatever the requirement is, if some people feel forced to do a bad thing to get it, won't they feel forced to do every other bad thing to get it that the requirement mandated?
    QuikPik said:

The point I believe he was making was that playing that way means having someone else make your Ranking decisions. Personally, no one decides who I Rank but myself, but to each their own. In any case, the point is moot because any Champ that becomes your first R3 will increase your Prestige either way. At a very basic PI level.

Not completely true. My first R3 was unduped Doom and he didn't increase my prestige.
    I suppose I could add an addendum to that and say most, depending on where they are on the scale and the Sig levels of your Max 5*s.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

If Kabam gave us a full t5cc selector and generic 6 star awakening gem at the end of act 6 no one would have this problem because we could just rank up any champ we have. Most players no matter how bad their roster is have at least 2 or 3 god tier champs undupped once you get into 20's with 6 stars. This is an artificial RNG problem that didn't need to be there but from a profit motive it makes the most sense. People will be opening up their wallets to blitz through act 6 in less than a week.

But if the requirement was, say, 100% Act 6, then wouldn't the same thing happen: people would feel compelled to spend past Act 6? As difficult as Act 6 to most players, if you're willing to spend an unlimited number of units on it you can do almost any path with average skill. So instead of having to suffer through bad RNG, would it be better if lots of players simply felt they had to spend cash to clear Act 6 immediately, rather than eventually?

People say that completing Act 6 is about skill, but that's not entirely true. It is *usually* more about skill than RNG, because most people won't spend exorbitant amounts of units to clear it, because even the very good rewards at the end aren't worth spending more than a certain amount. But if you place a progression title at the end of it that people are saying is sufficiently valuable that they are considering ranking up champs they would otherwise not rank to r3, wouldn't many of them feel compelled to do anything else besides bad rank ups? Whatever the requirement is, if some people feel forced to do a bad thing to get it, won't they feel forced to do every other bad thing to get it that the requirement mandated?
    This is completely absurd, there is no skill required at all to finish act 6, enough units and you could do it blindfolded
  • 001_kunal21001_kunal21 Posts: 15
    Disappointed with R3 barricade!
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

Yes if Kabam made the requirements trivial Yall wouldn’t be complaining (no one? Yeah right that’s more evidence of exaggeration or myopia).

This really says something about what you’re actually complaining about, effort and perseverance because that’s what it takes the average player to earn the title and not have it gifted to them. Crazy having to earn something rather than be gifted it.
  • DarkSoulDLXDarkSoulDLX Posts: 676 ★★★

DNA3000 said:

This is completely absurd, there is no skill required at all to finish act 6, enough units and you could do it blindfolded
    I have more than 85% Act 6 done and have around 37000 units there is still alot of skill involved e.g The grandmaster fight and the champion boss final phase you can spend as many units as you desire you are not going to get it done without skill.

One of the most significant problems with act 6 is the requital is too severe for if you do not have enough skill 💪
  • DarkSoulDLXDarkSoulDLX Posts: 676 ★★★
    Tiger360 said:

DNA3000 said:

Seraph said:

DNA3000 said:

Camby01 said:

All they're doing here is rewarding the players with good rng, nothing to do with clearing content and in my opinion they are forcing players to take their trash to R3 rather than waiting for either a champ they want to play or a good prestige champ.
    Well that's your opinion, but it is a self-fulfillingly destructive one. If you believe you are forced to make bad rank up choices, you will make bad rank up choices and be unhappy. If you believe you are not forced to make bad rank up choices, you won't make bad rank up choices and you will be happy with your rank up choices. And there's nothing Kabam can do to convince someone who doesn't want to rank a champ up to actually do it. That is something only the player can do to themselves.

This is literally no different than someone saying that the Abyss is bad because everyone wants the rewards in it but not everyone can actually complete it so Kabam forces people to spend money to plow through it Heck, let's go all the way and say that Kabam forces players to merc it.

Nobody is forced to merc Abyss, that's just an excuse. If they can't do it now, then they simply have to wait until they can. If you don't have a rank 3 option you want to rank up, then you wait until you do. Saying Kabam is forcing you to do anything is just an excuse for poor judgment.

Someone is right now about to say that Abyss is about skill and R3 is about RNG. However, a player's roster composition strongly influences both whether an individual player can reasonably do Abyss with their skill level, and how much units it costs. So RNG does determine, for the majority of players, whether they will even attempt it, and what it will cost if they do. So saying Abyss is about skill and R3 is about RNG is a completely false dichotomy. *Everything* in this game is about player skill and player roster combined. And player roster always has a random component to it, and always will.
    Making your response take up a whole page isn’t going to get your point across, nor is over complicating your sentences by using words most people here will have to google the definition of. Seriously, kabam could release a single piece of tier 1 iso 8 for 500 dollars and you would be all over it
    It is still a respectable opinion and I think having all sides involved is a huge pro for Kabam in itself and I do not think any response should ever be so blaintly ignored

I do not deem wise nor appropriate to condemn an opinion to any sort of hatred unless it's contents factually equate to so

👍