**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Root Feedback (New Mechanic)

Comments

• LordabckLordabck Posts: 297 ★★★
    I can’t dodge any hit instead my attacker is moving forward while using dexterity.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,033 ★★★★★
    Kerneas said:

So here's my feedback after first time trying it (completing whole legendary diff side quest):
    1) it is really nicely done graphically. It feels like the character can move a bit and that actually makes it feel good
    2) this form (rooted while sps) can teach players to dex, however it can mess up your combos a bit, since you dash in only a tiny distance
    3) against unblockable sps (Colossus) it can get quite annoying
    4) NEVER combine this node with Counterstrike. It'd be pure cancer, I mean it

who were the champs you faced?
  • TrashPanda12TrashPanda12 Posts: 531 ★★★
    Can someone clarify this, is the root mechanic in the new side event quest?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

Yes. It activates when they use Specials. You'll see an Icon and a glowing circle under you.
  • TrashPanda12TrashPanda12 Posts: 531 ★★★

Yes. It activates when they use Specials. You'll see an Icon and a glowing circle under you.
    Thanks
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,702 ★★★★
    edited November 2020
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★

This is what happens to Ghost.

https://youtu.be/KmPOC1IDy_Q

not bad. seems doable with Ghost. but Rogue is a super easy defender. imagine evading thing sp1? and some others i can't think of right now.

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Jestress said:

Jestress said:

What I want to know is why add a mechanic that freezes you in place when we have controls that are lagging more lately, and AI that is unpredictable and leaves hardly any room to counter? I'm not one to take this point of view, but it's the last thing I want to see right now. Game play on my end has been lagging behind an AI level that already Intercepts most things. This might be a cool mechanic, but the timing is off for me.

For once we'll have to agree on something. My lag seems worse with 29.0.
    I mean, I get that they're separate issues. The mechanic itself isn't bad, really. I was still able to Dex in place. I just think it's a bit counterintuitive.
    I was able to get through Legendary relatively easily. The rogue fight was the worst for me. Tried to dex through her SP1 and couldn't get it. Her SP2 is difficult too. I guess you could just block through it, but that makes it even more dumb.
    It was tricky. I got it the second time. It's an adjustment. The lag is what drives me nuts. I'm just hoping it's not contributing.
  • ShtickRickShtickRick Posts: 210
    While I don't necessarily like the mechanic, I don't hate it either, but I don't think it should've been added when so many people are still facing lag issues and whatnot. The first fight for me was terrible with the lag and root combined.
  • MityAntMityAnt Posts: 151
    First impression is interesting. I am not an OP summoner so sometimes I just need distance to evade. As currently applied in Shadow Base Raids the mechanic is more challenging vs champs that gain distance during their specials. I am not a fan in any content outside of endgame story/cavalier EQ. Also would be an interesting pre-fight for some champs as opposed to just AI.
  • Negative_100Negative_100 Posts: 1,650 ★★★★
    Cool mechanic. I can still dexterity. But sometimes I can't dexterity the whole special since I'm too close. It's not to bad of a node.
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    just completed legendary difficulty. to try out that root mechanic. it wasn't that bad, but the only reason i think this mechanic was brought over is for all of us to get hit by mistake, get more blocked hits, so on and so forth. your timing has to be perfect. i was able to one shot that colossus boss using my 5 * Doom. Pretty easy. i managed his power meter with my sp1, got to my sp3 and do my rotation. colossus never launched any special possibly mainly because i was holding my block i think.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    there's some weird stuff that has happened to me with ghost

this one might have just been me going in too early, but it certainly is annoying.

Something else that happened that I didn't record was me phasing a special attack, and I used a medium and it was like I had finished my combo with a light attack. I didn't move at all and my hero had that down time when you recover from a combo and the opponent dashed in and attacked me. super weird
  • Psychic_2002Psychic_2002 Posts: 195
    I actually like the Root mechanic in most fonts, it allows you to fire off a heavy straight away (for champs like HB and AA it’s really useful).
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Think about it this way. This is a way for the game to make you dodge non-projectile attacks. Since non-projectile attacks can be dodged completely just by creating enough distance, they are usually not a challenge to dodge. This new node essentially adds a layer of new difficulty/skill required because it converts non-projectile attacks into projectile attacks. It's not really an unnecessary mechanic in the sense that it adds a new layer of gameplay into the game.