**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Summoner sigil

Comments

• add revives to the black iso market, thronebreaker upgrade, buff goldpool quest, buff solo event rewards, maybe decrease the reset timers a little, add t4cc selectors for cavalier or thronebreaker, give more energy refills, buff signature stones from solo event to at least 10 random or 5 generics (getting one sig per week is terrible for the price, specially now that we get 2 from the 22 hr events).This would really make it worth the money.
  • Elad17Elad17 Posts: 332 ★★
    edited November 2020
    Ok so I would like to see.
    Trade t4cc for t5 cc only if you own parts of one
    6* feature crystal for 12,000 shards. Or less
    6* sig stone crystal for units. 75-100 units per
    6* shards 1000- for 2500. 5* shard. Make limit 2 per month
    5* featured should be limit 2 per cycle total of 4 per month for same amount of shards
    30% boosts should be introduced for 35 units.
    Make all current limits add 2 per cycle
    Lastly increase limits of items which fill overstock.
  • MxylplkMxylplk Posts: 29
    As a Thronebreaker I see very little value in the Sigil.

Things that are currently valuable:
    -Expanded Inventory - this has diminished value with ability to sell directly out of Stash - but still valuable
    -Discounted 5* Featured Crystals - Value has diminished with 5* crystals shards being more easily attainable. To add the value back - reduce the 14 day cooldown to 7 days - same with Legendary Crystal CD.

That's it. Sure the rewards from solo quest are nice - but barely noticeable. Every month I strongly consider dropping the sigil. Every month I say its my last - but then I just buy it cuz I'm a sucker.

Things to add/change to make more attractive.
    - Change the T4 Class Crystal purchase to a T4C Selector. I have over 150 T4CC and over 1000 t4c shard crystals, I dont open cuz I'll end up in overflow - and frankly they are disappointing to open - no one likes disappointment
    - Add 1 5* Nexus Crystal purchase for 10k 5* shards - that would be attractive - maybe then I'd have champs to rank up
    - Add purchasable 6* Shards
    - Ability to sell t4cc for t5c shards
    - Add purchasable t2a or shards
    - 6* Featured Crystal at 11k shards every month or 2 weeks would be HUGE - that would keep me buying every month
    - Add l4 and l5 Team health potions for gold
    - I've always considered the purchase of 5* shards for 4* shards to be too expensive. A full 4* for 1/10th a 5* doesn't make sense, since if you open the 4* you are likely to get over 500 5* shards anyway - that and gold and ISO, so no value there.

Well that's it - maybe only make above available to Thronebreaker if necessary.

Thanks!
  • ADDIS0N said:

I posted this constructive feedback thread back in March and not a single moderator responded to it.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/187525/the-problem-i-have-with-summoners-sigil#latest

What it boils down to is that the Sigil costs more than just the $10 a month. Unlike any other VIP-type program I’ve ever paid for, it forces you to use resources to get max benefits from it.

I’ve subscribed a couple of months since I wrote that post, but it’s nothing I’ll pay for regularly in its current form.

The Sigil does not force anyone to use resources to get the rewards. It rewards active gameplay, and if you are not very active you can attempt to make up for lack of game play activity by burning resources on rank ups, but that's not the same thing as claiming the Sigil forces players to spend resources to unlock its rewards.

I'm usually maxed out on Test of the Cavalier by Monday night. I currently have 339210 points. It only takes 40,000 points to max out the milestones. You only need to average 5715 points per day to get that. Opening 12 PHCs does that. Opening a single 3* crystal gets you 1000 points. Just using your energy gets 10 points per energy point, which means you can easily get 2000 points a day just running quests. Any reasonably active player is not going to find it difficult to score 5715 points per day or 40000 points in a week just by playing the game and opening crystals.
  • GraewoodGraewood Posts: 59
    10% discount across everything in the loyalty and glory store and I bet you'd entice endgame players with cheaper boosts and cheaper resources.
  • Graewood said:

10% discount across everything in the loyalty and glory store and I bet you'd entice endgame players with cheaper boosts and cheaper resources.

It is trivially easy to make the Sigil so valuable that everyone will want it. But I don't think that's a good idea, because that gives spenders too high of an advantage over free to play players, and it puts more pressure on spenders to buy it than I think is a good idea.

Right now the Sigil is a nice to have, but not a must have. As a result, some players buy it and some players decide to not buy it. I think it is a healthy thing that many players feel it isn't worth it. If everyone felt it was worth it, then that would probably be so much relative value that a lot of people would be thinking they were being forced to buy it.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,939 ★★★★★
    ADDIS0N said:

DNA3000 said:

ADDIS0N said:

I posted this constructive feedback thread back in March and not a single moderator responded to it.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/187525/the-problem-i-have-with-summoners-sigil#latest

What it boils down to is that the Sigil costs more than just the $10 a month. Unlike any other VIP-type program I’ve ever paid for, it forces you to use resources to get max benefits from it.

I’ve subscribed a couple of months since I wrote that post, but it’s nothing I’ll pay for regularly in its current form.

The Sigil does not force anyone to use resources to get the rewards. It rewards active gameplay, and if you are not very active you can attempt to make up for lack of game play activity by burning resources on rank ups, but that's not the same thing as claiming the Sigil forces players to spend resources to unlock its rewards.

I'm usually maxed out on Test of the Cavalier by Monday night. I currently have 339210 points. It only takes 40,000 points to max out the milestones. You only need to average 5715 points per day to get that. Opening 12 PHCs does that. Opening a single 3* crystal gets you 1000 points. Just using your energy gets 10 points per energy point, which means you can easily get 2000 points a day just running quests. Any reasonably active player is not going to find it difficult to score 5715 points per day or 40000 points in a week just by playing the game and opening crystals.
    That’s nice.

Not sure why you feel the need to disagree with almost everything I post - even when it’s my personal opinion and experience regarding a paid element of the game, but it’s old and boring and predictable.

Your experience wth sigil is different than mine.

Congratulations for unraveling one of the great mysteries of the universe.
    @DNA3000 is giving an answer to solve your problem. They are just helping. I also max the sigil within 2 days of the weekly event starting just by leveling up my r1 5*, which I do anyway.
  • GMAX77GMAX77 Posts: 485 ★★★

As I said before, every other VIP-style subscription I've ever had simply gives you the extra resources you're paying for. You don't even have to worry if you don't log in to the game for a few days, because it'll all be waiting there for you when you come back because you've paid for it.

That's actually a very interesting point. Maybe this could fall under consideration for any kind of sigil upgrade.

ADDIS0N said:

Crcrcrc said:

ADDIS0N said:

DNA3000 said:

ADDIS0N said:

That’s nice.

Not sure why you feel the need to disagree with almost everything I post - even when it’s my personal opinion and experience regarding a paid element of the game, but it’s old and boring and predictable.

Your experience wth sigil is different than mine.

Congratulations for unraveling one of the great mysteries of the universe.
    @DNA3000 is giving an answer to solve your problem. They are just helping. I also max the sigil within 2 days of the weekly event starting just by leveling up my r1 5*, which I do anyway.
    No, he's not.

He's giving his opinion on the sigil based on his experience and is basically confirming everything I find wrong with it.

He's saying that a monthly pay service "rewards" you for being active and I'm saying that if I'm paying cash for a service, I shouldn't be required to do anything. I don't want to pay money every month for a "benefit" that requires that I open crystals, use energy or do rank ups in order to get what I'm paying for.

As I said before, every other VIP-style subscription I've ever had simply gives you the extra resources you're paying for. You don't even have to worry if you don't log in to the game for a few days, because it'll all be waiting there for you when you come back because you've paid for it.

With Sigil, if I miss a week or lay low for a week or simply don't feel like being active or opening crystals for a week, then then I lose out on something I'm paying for and I wholeheartedly disagree with that system.

If it's easy for you guys, congrats! But attempting to disagree with MY experience and say it's wrong because it doesn't fall in line with yours, is pretty silly.
    Have you ever played Fortnite? Or Future Fight? It works like a simple battle pass. Buy units if you want free stuff easily with no work. But it has way less value
  • CiscoCisco Posts: 16
    T5cc, t2B, its should be every 2 weeks. Even if its just shards and give us the option for a better sigil even if it costs more. Get rid of the premium the 3 star and the 4 star legendary. And please add REVIVES. So we can do content
  • ADDIS0N said:

I'm going to have to take your word for it that I disagree with almost everything you post, because I honestly have no idea who you are or what the last thing you posted that I disagreed with was. My memory is pretty good in general, but not so good as to remember every single poster whose posts I read. In fact, I generally don't look at the poster when I read a post, because I'm more interested in the post content than the person posting it. I often have to go back and check to see who wrote a particular post, because I remember the post but not the person who posted it.

You said the Sigil forces people to spend resources. That's not an opinion, and that's not an experience. That's a statement of fact that is either true or false, and in this case it is false. That would be why I felt the need to disagree with it.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,237 ★★★★★
    ADDIS0N said:

DNA3000 said:

ADDIS0N said:

I'm going to have to take your word for it that I disagree with almost everything you post, because I honestly have no idea who you are or what the last thing you posted that I disagreed with was. My memory is pretty good in general, but not so good as to remember every single poster whose posts I read. In fact, I generally don't look at the poster when I read a post, because I'm more interested in the post content than the person posting it. I often have to go back and check to see who wrote a particular post, because I remember the post but not the person who posted it.

You said the Sigil forces people to spend resources. That's not an opinion, and that's not an experience. That's a statement of fact that is either true or false, and in this case it is false. That would be why I felt the need to disagree with it.
    Yeah, forgive me. It’d be nearly impossible for anyone with ELEVEN THOUSAND POSTS on a single message board to remember to eat or go outside, let alone remember who I am.

But that’s ok ... you’re still wrong.

Unless you’re playing a different game than I am, you cannot get all of the available benefits from the Sigil without using or trading in resources of some kind.
    You cannot get any benefits from the game without trading in Resources of any kind. Unless your only objective in picking the game up is buying the Sigil, you're going to have those Resources from playing. If you want to remove the trade-in alone, for the cost of 275 Units, you get 300, plus the Shards, Energy Refills, and other Items from Test. As for the trade-in, you would be otherwise spending those Shards and Cats, and it allows you the option to get more out of them. Which means it's just a matter of holding on to them until the rollover. You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but if you're going to misrepresent the value of it, you need to be able to own that opinion separate from what is actually presented.
    ADDIS0N said:

DNA3000 said:

ADDIS0N said:

Yeah, forgive me. It’d be nearly impossible for anyone with ELEVEN THOUSAND POSTS on a single message board to remember to eat or go outside, let alone remember who I am.

But that’s ok ... you’re still wrong.

Unless you’re playing a different game than I am, you cannot get all of the available benefits from the Sigil without using or trading in resources of some kind.
    Are you saying you don’t play the game or level up champs? That is all you need to do and it takes barely any rankups
  • DontsellthemDontsellthem Posts: 762 ★★★
    I would like the milestones to get an upgrade. Add T5 basic shards. Raise the solo crystal shards or remove. Replace them and the premium shards for more 5* shards. Add 250-500 6* shards.

Store needs 1:1 alpha/T3 basic trade. And limit to be raised.

More but my brain hurts from thinking.
  • SbkruebSbkrueb Posts: 493 ★★★
    I too have stopped renewing my sigil
  • HalleyHalley Posts: 386 ★★
    I totally agree with this topic.

More 5* & 6* shards, t2a & t5bc, simple.
  • Noble034Noble034 Posts: 86
    @Kabam Miike Besides increasing the 7 day event rewards, and store in general, I think it'd be a great idea to add a few T1A's in the mix. Always scrounging around for those

Would also be cool if the Sigil increased max energy from 70 to 80, or something like that!
  • rischiorischio Posts: 163
    Throwing my 0.02$ here : you clearly stated that throne breaker is targeted for players with multiple 6S R3. I'm lucky enough to have all qualifying criteria, and I can tell I get zero excitement from opening 5s. I pray to dupe my meme 5s Champs to get the 6s shards. I have not renewed my sigil and I'm not going to until I find some useful 6s material : shards, reduced price featured crystal, serious amount of ISO and ranking materials. 5s sig stones is the only 5s stuff I need because of prestige.
    I keep pulling trash from 6s which is OK because rare is good, so I currently have no use in 99% of the stuff I get from the sigil. I need more chances to pull the good stuff.

You have the throne breaker tier, use it wisely here and more people will go for it (and spend the cash on the sigil).
    So far I'm not impressed with the throne breaker, make the 10 bucks worth it.
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★
    When they upgrade sigil to 6* materials I will consider buying mine again.

As it is. It holds no value
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    edited November 2020
    The value of the sigil has severely diminished for a few reasons. 5-star shards are way more available. 5-stars aren’t quite as gamebreaking. The prevalence of 4-star stones means that max sig 4-stars are way more common. Simply put, the sigil hasn’t kept up with the game’s meta.

Remember when y’all did the 5-star 1-2 rank up gems? Put those in there to be purchased at a reduced cost, maybe 2 basics and 3 t3cc crystals. That’s especially useful since t3cc aren’t as readily available to trade for t1a.

Trading 5-star shards for 6-star is probably due at this point. 2000 5-star shards to get 500 6-star shards for cavalier players?

And people have mentioned the feature. I’ve never been fulltime with the sigil. Even 12,500 would be a concession that would incentivize me to save up and consider buying more frequently.
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    Mastery work is so tedious and expensive as it is, sigil should include free or discounted mastery changes. It should also allow you to preset a few mastery builds that you could quick-switch between based on needs. That's the biggest thing I would institute
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,723 ★★★
    First, I think the rewards should be tiered. Just like u have regular, uncollected, cavalier, and now throne breaker, so too should the rewards be based on how long u have been purchasing it.
    I have been buying the sigil since the beginning as a sign of support for kabam. It would be kind of disheartening if someone who just started purchasing it receive same offers. Even if it's an occasional special offer based on how long u've been purchasing it, it would be great to be appreciated.

As for the offers, maybe more and better offers for progression: T2A and T5BC and a small offer for T5CC. I dont care if it's only for 2% (900 shards) of a T5CC, just a little bit helps (maybe 900 shards / week). Maybe some generic 5* signature stones (2 / week) and a discount on 6* Featured crystal (like u have for the 5* Featured right now). And finally, maybe some 6* shards (maybe 500 / week). These can be part of the Black Market store.
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,723 ★★★

What would you like to see out of a Sigil upgrade?

Add 6 star shards, a 6 star featured crystal a little cheaper (like 5 star s featured crystal), add 6 star sig stones crystals ( one 5 star sig crystal is a slap in the face to cavalier player), add special events like 22 hour event, add challenging content specifically designed for sigil players, t5 basic shards, t4 cc selector ( we have upto t3 but not enough for end game players), may a stretch but t5cc wouldn’t hurt. Ramp it up a little that it actually benefits people accordance to their level
    I dont agree with it being based on "level" as the sigil has nothing to do with skills or accomplishments. It's based on purchase so I think it should be based on how long a player has been purchasing it. For skills, they have something diffrent: regular, uncollected, cavalier, throne breaker.