**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Hood Changes - Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★
    HI_guys said:

What did she say? I can't seem to find it

Basically that the team is discussing our feedback, plz wait.
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    https://youtu.be/S2VQLIsCVG8
    - so improvement on some departments for sure, good sustainability, cool burst damage! overal not bad
  • MainRoninMainRonin Posts: 39
    HI_guys said:

What did she say? I can't seem to find it

Kabam Boo said:

Thank you for all the feedback and comments above. Please know that we are collecting and digesting all this information presently, so please bear with us. We will be in touch again once our team has had ample time to discuss your feedback surrounding this change. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding at this time.

• RemeliRemeli Posts: 608 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Can I ask if anyone complaining has actually seen this buff / nerf? No.

Yes.. his losing fate seal.. I understand that.. there's a reason they've removed it. How can you complain before you've seen something. Wait until the buff comes out. Then kick and scream about it.

But hey, go ahead and keep pushing that disagree button to anyone who actually wants to see the buff before judging it. If it's a s*** buff, I'll be on here complaining.. until then. I want to see him before I pass judgement.

11 dislikes is my record so far.. bring it on boys, I'm waiting..

You are getting disagrees because you missed the point that is everyone is complaining that they are changing the core utility of the champ for which people ranked him up.
    Don't be melodramatic, you are getting disagrees because you are posting without understanding what exactly people are even arguing about here.
    Like I said.. I get everyone is crying about fate seal being removed..
    No, you don't. You think this is about whether Hood got better or not. That's completely irrelevant. I'm assuming for the sake of argument Hood did get better overall. Hood2.0 is probably better for me. If the question is "did Hood get better" then people should test Hood and see for themselves in actual play before making that overall judgment. But that's not what the core complaint is. There's two things being stated: one: that for specific use cases Hood got worse (which is trivial to determine by what was removed) and two: the devs shouldn't remove core use cases that are sufficiently strong or valuable from a champion that is otherwise underperforming, and should expand the use cases for underperforming champions rather than remove use cases just to add others.

For me there's only two possibilities. One: Hood did not get better overall, and the existing Hood players were harmed for no reason. Two: Hood did get better overall, and the existing Hood players were harmed for the wrong reason. And the second possibility is even worse than the first one, because in the latter case the devs will be encouraged to do it again. Failure might give them pause. "Success" means they've forgotten what they were supposed to be doing in the first place.

The devs are supposed to be encouraging players to look for unpopular or uncommon use cases among a diverse set of champions so players don't think they need to wait for the top tier champs from random champion crystals. Instead they are signalling directly that uncommon and unconventional use cases don't matter, and investing in them is stupid because they have no problem with throwing them away. Ironically, the devs are saying we'll protect Doom because he's great, we won't protect Hood because not enough people care about Hood, and those people who invested in Hood were stupid to do so, they should have waited for Doom.

That's almost certainly not their intent, which makes the Hood changes all the more tragic, because there's no question that's the signal they are sending. They can't even deny that's the signal they are sending, because their actions override their statements in this case.

I'm 90% certain we're going to lose the fight for Hood. But the fight is worth fighting to prevent the next Hood. Game devs rarely reverse development work once it goes live. They may tweak it, but (AND THIS IS A GREAT IRONY) they don't like losing the investment in that work. The way to stop changes like the Hood update from happening in the future is to convince the devs to lose the mindset that made the Hood change palatable in the first place, so they never even attempt this kind of update ever again. Once it gets off the whiteboard and into the code, the developer investment rises and our ability to change it drops dramatically.
    This deserve more than one like. Thats the core of this whole thread @Kabam Miike , plz send that post straight to the team right now.
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    yeo that i absolutely agree! hood feels like completely diffrent champ! who ever ranked him for his previous utilities deserves something atleast. i m planning to rank him up due to i run ouchi masteries and i want to rank up king pin to r3 6*
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Terra said:

He's still ruined.
    He can't be used in what people ranked him up for pre-nerf.

If someone has never really invested in Hood, the new Hood appears to be better for them. I don't see any evidence so far that the specific complaints about specific use cases somehow magically didn't happen: he will be less useful for some of the use cases he was specifically good at before.

The people who like Hood now have to decide if it was worth taking Hood1.0 away from the players who liked him just to get a Hood2.0 they personally like better.
    Or give them RDTs.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,936 ★★★★★
    ADDIS0N said:

Comparison videos of a maxed out 3* Hood vs. Aarkus duel.

I'm running full suicides with no MD for these fights. Used similar play styles for both videos. Didn't make any extra effort to go invisible, only used Sp2 and didn't throw any heavies. I pretty much played Aarkus like he's stun immune (since he sort of is) and just fought a regular fight without thinking too hard about a specific strategy.

OLD
    https://youtu.be/B2nl1w-5YwY

NEW
    https://youtu.be/Q7FPlLuZx3M

Same number of hits. Second fight is 40 seconds longer since I had to spend way more time baiting specials because I could no longer remove his power gain with a hex and the staggers couldn't keep up.

Tbf you never detonated the hex in the second one
  • KRoNX1KRoNX1 Posts: 1,089 ★★★★
    ADDIS0N said:

I'm running full suicides with no MD for these fights. Used similar play styles for both videos. Didn't make any extra effort to go invisible, only used Sp2 and didn't throw any heavies. I pretty much played Aarkus like he's stun immune (since he sort of is) and just fought a regular fight without thinking too hard about a specific strategy.

OLD

NEW

Same number of hits. Second fight is 40 seconds longer since I had to spend way more time baiting specials because I could no longer remove his power gain with a hex and the staggers couldn't keep up.

His life steal seems to be bugged
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021

Texas_11 said:

Terra said:

Aleor said:

Terra said:

Here's a question. If it wasn't for The Champion in 6.2, would people be as bothered?

Of course they would be.
    Hood is (or well, was) used in plenty of other areas where his utility was needed.
    This has nothing to do with The Champion, it's just about them "buffing" someone that didn't need it just because they have a outdated way of checking usage data on champions
    I believe most of people who use hood will agree be needs a buff. A buff to increase his dps. None of them will ask to nerf his utility. If it would've be smth with his sp1 changed, like sp1 for damage, sp2 as it is, people would be quite happy. But the person who came up with proposed changes probably thought he's smbd like og black panther, who needs a rework. When actually hood only required little adjustment here and there
    Hood only needed a small damage bump. NOTHING else. He was one of the last champs in actual need of a rework
    You have to be kidding me? He had a 50% increase from Stryfe and still was below average. He needed a moderate re work.

That’s like saying Dr. Strange doesn’t need a damage update , or ghost rider doesn’t need a moderate update. Of course they do.
    Kind of lost me on GR. He's still a dependable utility Champ.
    Be a shame if they were to change his heavy and SP3 judgement in a rework just for more damage wouldn’t it...

But then again if they did that you’d instantly change your stance on the matter
    I'm sorry, but how do you get that? First off, have I taken a stance on Hood? No. I was talking about the idea that you can only add things to rework Champs. I said I was waiting to see game play to make a judgment.
    Secondly, I said he (GR) was still a dependable Utility option.
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,546 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    KRoNX1 said:

ADDIS0N said:

OLD

NEW

His life steal seems to be bugged
    If it is, then I think my hood will never see R5. The regen is great and make up for the staggers imo. Taking that away would make him less suicide friendly and a lot less sustainable.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

I'm ngl I like new Hood more than old Hood

He's a regen machine

I just wish they would give him the sp2 fate seal back

That regen is so nasty!!
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Wow! Just wow! 511 per crit almost! It’s crazy good! Thanks Kabam l!
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    That regen is tasty
  • Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 900 ★★★
    345 for each expired Stagger, not per Critical Hit.

For low buff opponents, you only heal when your stagger times out after 5 seconds (they don't stack).
    Then you have to Crit again and wait again.
    My 5/65 164 Hood has a Crit rate of 23.9% ( = lousy Crit rate)

Critical Hits

100% chance to inflict a non-stacking Stagger Passive lasting 5 seconds. When a Staggered opponent gains a Buff, that Buff and all Buffs triggered at the same time are Nullified.
    When this Stagger ends, it inflicts 345.15 direct damage on the opponent and heals The Hood for a matching amount.