**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What level of difficulty do you want Summer of Pain to be at?

12346»

Comments

• BlackTuranBlackTuran Posts: 642 ★★★

Global true strike and global "fragile" node, where back dashing causes a 1 second armour break..

Then start getting creative. Should be something for those like me who have done one abyss path, just think "hard pass" on.

Rewards should be brag focused, rather than destabilising to AQ. Should have a new purple or distinctive title, 6* generic AW gem and maybe a sig 100 gem (so it doesn't become mandatory for anyone in a top 100) and maybe a 6* trophy like labyrinth Ultron.

so, you're gonna have infinite healing for anyone not using Ghost lol
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian

Global true strike and global "fragile" node, where back dashing causes a 1 second armour break..

Then start getting creative. Should be something for those like me who have done one abyss path, just think "hard pass" on.

Rewards should be brag focused, rather than destabilising to AQ. Should have a new purple or distinctive title, 6* generic AW gem and maybe a sig 100 gem (so it doesn't become mandatory for anyone in a top 100) and maybe a 6* trophy like labyrinth Ultron.

so, you're gonna have infinite healing for anyone not using Ghost lol
    Add in a passive heal reversal lol.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 ★★★★★
    It should definitely be very hard..but in a rewarding way. I'd like it to be difficult from a skill perspective and from a puzzle solving perspective. I like it to teach us something... to make us better fighters having completed it. Make us feel proud and rewarded for what we have already learned by playing this game for so long. But... also teach us humility and give us place to practice the things we have yet to master. Puzzle solving has always been a part of this game as well.

Almost all of us have strong points and weak points. I am strong in open range medium intercepts, but weak in side stepping. I am fairly strong at dexing specials, but weak at reversed controls...etc. A variety of skill checks might be cool. Those who are good at one thing will excell and have immediate gratification on those paths, a chance to thrive and show off what they've learned... while having to back out and try again on other paths that focus on what they are weaker in.

As for format, I'd rather not see ridiculously long paths or endurance style like Abyss or Celebrity Challenges. I'd rather see shorter path size with high intensity. So it doesn't feel like a chore just based on length. A very intense experience, but in manageable size pieces. Let the fights themselves add the intensity and difficulty..not the sheer number of them per path. It would also allow for reasonable check points or "save" points to back out and try again.

There will inevitably be folks who complain regardless of how well it is designed. And as always, we will just fight the good fight and try to patiently explain that not everyone is entitled to take on and complete end game content. You can't just keep moving forward linearly through the content (complete only without exploring) and expect to be able to beat the latest piece of endgame content released. It's just simply not how it works. The intended design of this game is to move forward linearly until you begin to struggle. You are then supposed to go back and explore the content before it. Learning new skills and developing your roster. Which will enable you to return one day and be triumphant. And that is what I mean when I say rewarding. Anyone who has had that feeling of coming back smarter and stronger to beat something you couldn't previously knows what I mean.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

It should definitely be very hard..but in a rewarding way. I'd like it to be difficult from a skill perspective and from a puzzle solving perspective. I like it to teach us something... to make us better fighters having completed it. Make us feel proud and rewarded for what we have already learned by playing this game for so long. But... also teach us humility and give us place to practice the things we have yet to master. Puzzle solving has always been a part of this game as well.

Almost all of us have strong points and weak points. I am strong in open range medium intercepts, but weak in side stepping. I am fairly strong at dexing specials, but weak at reversed controls...etc. A variety of skill checks might be cool. Those who are good at one thing will excell and have immediate gratification on those paths, a chance to thrive and show off what they've learned... while having to back out and try again on other paths that focus on what they are weaker in.

As for format, I'd rather not see ridiculously long paths or endurance style like Abyss or Celebrity Challenges. I'd rather see shorter path size with high intensity. So it doesn't feel like a chore just based on length. A very intense experience, but in manageable size pieces. Let the fights themselves add the intensity and difficulty..not the sheer number of them per path. It would also allow for reasonable check points or "save" points to back out and try again.

There will inevitably be folks who complain regardless of how well it is designed. And as always, we will just fight the good fight and try to patiently explain that not everyone is entitled to take on and complete end game content. You can't just keep moving forward linearly through the content (complete only without exploring) and expect to be able to beat the latest piece of endgame content released. It's just simply not how it works. The intended design of this game is to move forward linearly until you begin to struggle. You are then supposed to go back and explore the content before it. Learning new skills and developing your roster. Which will enable you to return one day and be triumphant. And that is what I mean when I say rewarding. Anyone who has had that feeling of coming back smarter and stronger to beat something you couldn't previously knows what I mean.

Excellently put. Agree on every point, especially not having longer paths. I’d cope if they were but I’m hoping to be able to use more than 5 champs on this (which I’d have to if it’s 1 long path) I’d rather use 10 different teams and do lots of different challenging paths to use the depth of my roster
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

Locked map, tile layout like Labyrinth missed with act 6.1.3. also Kabam takes down all map guides using copyright

Locked map is ridiculous. It’s only a challenge for the first people to do it, and then it’s an annoyance for anyone else. Doesn’t serve as a fun challenge whatsoever.

Kabam can’t copyright taking map guides down
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Judging by the comments, almost no one will be happy by whatever difficulty Kabam will come out with. :D

I just hope they come out with something inline with original act 7(Just because I did not experience it), keep the energy cost low (preferably 0 or 1 max) if it is a temporary content, and have paths which cannot be just ghosted or quaked through. I am not even against class gates since end game players should behaving large enough rosters to tackle that.
    As far as rewards go, I am not too bothered about that. I will take a shot at it whatever the rewards are.
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    Seriously though, make it practically impossible so I can see the people begging for hard content whine because of hard content.

That or really piss whales off by making an incredibly difficult, skill-heavy event that's limited to 3*s. Of course everything is easy when you use your team of god-tier-only 6r3s200s, lol.
  • DannyB01DannyB01 Posts: 471 ★★★
    I’d like something that requires the same sort of item usage to explore as abyss, but because it’s hard rather than some lazy mechanic where you only have limited hits.
  • GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 901 ★★★
    Like the series of Omega Boss Rush last summer, really pain, but felt really good after completing all of them