**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

New Arena Structure Feedback

Comments

• Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,005 ★★★★★
    Robbo9 said:

There’s a lot of posts in here so this might have been mentioned already but are the 3 and 4* champs in the featured milestones supposed to be basic champs? I know Falcon is, but my 3* Shang Chi only went up by 1 sig after hitting the milestone. I’ve picked up the 4* as well but I didn’t have him so not sure about that one.

Everything else I need to say has been covered already by others but if the 4* in the featured isn’t a full dupe then I’m losing out on a big iso source every week.

It's been 1 sig in arena for a while now.
    Only when they first started those arenas was a full 20 dupe the price.
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Terra said:

Robbo9 said:

There’s a lot of posts in here so this might have been mentioned already but are the 3 and 4* champs in the featured milestones supposed to be basic champs? I know Falcon is, but my 3* Shang Chi only went up by 1 sig after hitting the milestone. I’ve picked up the 4* as well but I didn’t have him so not sure about that one.

Everything else I need to say has been covered already by others but if the 4* in the featured isn’t a full dupe then I’m losing out on a big iso source every week.

It's been 1 sig in arena for a while now.
    Only when they first started those arenas was a full 20 dupe the price.
    Pretty sure the featured champ has always been a full dupe.
    Basic has always been +1 sig
  • Options
    Me2e82Me2e82 Posts: 4
    There was nothing wrong with arena to begin with. Just add a 6* arena and bring the others back with the same milestones as before. I’ve been playing for 5 years and am mostly f2p but I do spend some money on the game. If arena stays like it is then I’ll be retiring. Fix this kabam. We want our old arenas back.
  • Options
    Xva23Xva23 Posts: 500 ★★★
    I don't mean to rush anything, but after 20 pages of feedback, can we atleast have a namesake reply that this is taken into account and there will potentially be changes? I honestly havent had such a soul crushing arena experience since I first started grinding arena a year ago
  • Options
    TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021
    Xva23 said:

I don't mean to rush anything, but after 20 pages of feedback, can we atleast have a namesake reply that this is taken into account and there will potentially be changes? I honestly havent had such a soul crushing arena experience since I first started grinding arena a year ago

They have already mentioned that in earlier pages. I don't think it is still needed. They will consider every suggestion made here.

If there was any deadlines on the feedback, they'd close the thread after the deadline.
  • Options
    Leslie316Leslie316 Posts: 24
    Dear Kabam, Please bring back the old Arenas, This new arena is awful if compared to the previous one, is really unfair for the new players (if they are limited of 4 stars champ) hope will get back the previous version soon
  • Options
    Pamf48Pamf48 Posts: 5
    Seriously, this has got to be one of the worst changes you guys have made in your "New Improved" game updates/changes. Unless you have no life and live on this game 24/7 or hand over our bank accounts this is trash. This is more for high end players, I can see slot of people including myself saying see y'all kabam. You guys need to seriously take a look at this and listen to the players.
  • Options
    GFactorGFactor Posts: 20
    To much effort for what you are getting, there is no balance, put intermediate arenas for those between beginner level and throne breaker! Crank up the rewards too, those rewards should be for the intermidiate level :wink:
  • Options
    Santa_PsycheSanta_Psyche Posts: 150
    The only think I can't seem to understand is or rather my only concern is, consider a player who has just become uncollected / cav, that player would definitely need units to progress further in the game, but with a very limited roster, it's just not possible for them to be able to do the milestones of the current arena¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    mdm_mimdm_mi Posts: 46
    After seeing all the feedback, the best solution that has been presented is:
    Bring back the old:
    Summoner Trials
    3* Featured
    4* Basic
    Keep the new:
    6* Basic
    6* Featured

This way you can still grind milestones for BC and Units, but you most likely have to choose which 6* arena to run.
  • Options
    MAC83MAC83 Posts: 13
    I think lowering the unit milestones to 9m on both the basic and featured arena would solve most of the issues. 16m is what the grind was to get milestones in the 4* feature, and 5* feature arena. Most concerns about the unit grind are the points needed to reach it. if you lower that number, I think solves most of the concerns. There is no perfect system that would satisfy everyone. only way to do so would be to tier arena like it's done for incursions, but I don't think that its possible for arena and it would cause a change in the rewards structure.
  • Options
    001SUNNY100001SUNNY100 Posts: 1
    edited May 2021
    If we talk about most worst update in MCOC it is new arena structure.
    33 million milestone! Kabam I think you drunken when you did this update
  • Options
    I was looking forward to the new changes to arenas but this has been a massive blow, for someone who grinded the 4 star and 5 star arenas to pick up phcs for iso and enjoyed seeing my 2 3 and 4 stars champs sigs slowly increasing it gave me the satisfaction of progression. I also used the units to allow me to progress in other areas of the game for revives and energy refills etc. I dont have a large 6 star roster and the new changes have made it impossible to hit later stages of either arena with my roster, therefore I can not get many units at all and get maybe 1 or 2 grandmaster crystals from the grind at best. Please can you revert to previous format or make adjustments to suit mid teir players to allow them to continue to progress. Many thanks
  • Options
    FlodekommodeFlodekommode Posts: 2
    For me, kabam has ruined the game with the recent changes. I'm a casual+ player. Cavalier, have 20 6*s and 10 maxed out 5*s. I usually play a little arena, to get the basic rewards, mostly for the units. I don't do incursions, I don't do war. Too much hassle, to small returns. But the latest changes to arena makes me give that part up too.

There are no easy match ups anymore. Each match takes longer, and especially unit rewards, but also battle chips are lower.
    Maybe, just maybe, if kabam decided to up the chances of getting units from battle chips it could still be worth while, but right now? No.
    I have a sigil subscription and a unit subscription that I'll run out, and not renew. I'm taking a break. There are too many changes made in favor of the pay to win people, and i don't see the point in playing anymore.

Special quests (carina) with huge rewards for the already amazing players, and absolutely nothing for the rest of us? Fail.
    New arenas that will require basically every waking moment for us regular guys? Fail.
    All new content made for the absolute best, and no ways for us little people to advance. Fail.

I'm done, guys. Been a part of this almost from the very start, but now, I think I'm done.
  • Options
    pala94pala94 Posts: 13
    Adding to my previous reply, one possible fix (for those of us with limited 5 stars and a growing 3 and 4 star roster) could be to add the 4 star basic as it was, but limit the entries to those who have completed Act 4. So pre-Act4 you have the Summoner Trials with the much needed shards to build your roster, post-Act4 you can grind with your limited rosters for the basic champ so that you can fill out your roster (but cannot take part in the Summoner Trials). After Uncollected both the higher arenas are available to you, but again from what I've read on the forums and elsewhere the milestones and/or death matches and/or cooldowns need to be tweaked for those anyway.
    Another solution would be to have different arenas for different levels of progression. UC to Cav get a 4 star to grow their rosters, Cav to TB get a 5 star arena and TB+ get 6 star. I'm not sure how this might affect the higher progressions, but this ensures that we don't have a lot of arenas to grind (and so we focus on other content and progress), but at the same time gives us resources and a reasonable shot at getting a champion at a lower level of effort. Of course rewards would have to be tweaked to ensure parity.
  • Options
    OhDear2015OhDear2015 Posts: 19

You guys have a responsibility to this community!
    You know that we all are addicted to this game. You used scientific methods which no one can resists -> ok -> but please don’t steal too much from us or you will be hit much harder.
    Without FP2 players there will be as well no whales you can milk!

The community is unhappy and it takes you nearly no effort to fulfil the requests.

All the staff of kabam seems to be lovely persons. Don’t you want us to love you 3000?

• Options
    GSKGSK Posts: 66
    Need to tuneup milestone structure..need to increase units per milestone...😭😭😭😭
  • Options
    Shift_exeShift_exe Posts: 21
    The new arena favours those who have extensive roster. Summoners with limited roster have be given the finger as the amount of units that can be grinded has been lowered. It would be helpful if they would concentrate the units in fewer milestones like incursion shards...
  • Options
    RRNYRRNY Posts: 25
    edited May 2021
    Changes are fine, the issue is nobody likes change or wants to learn how to best adapt with the changes and it will be those same people who also say the game is boring everything is the same over and over again but every time you guys do a change people complain about that as well, so it’s a no win Situation. I also saw a well-known YouTube made a video saying that he can only do 5 million points per arena and now with this update he’s going to lose out on unit and battleships, well if you can’t adapt to the changes then you lose out I mean do we just keep everything the same forever so people can just be stuck in their ways.
  • Options
    hebooo90hebooo90 Posts: 21
    Its a good change regarding the adding of GM shards and i think the rank rewards got better .. Personally for me .. Im a thronebreaker .. The change is not good in general because the milestones are more than it was .. I do have good amount of 6* and maxed 5* but now i can only do one arena and im not going to be abale to reach all the milestones in it .. And i will get way less battle chips ... Plz bring back the old arena .. Only enhance the rewards or change the PHC shards or simply .. Bring the old arena and keep the new ones for the 6* champ hunt
    Thank u
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    RRNY said:

Changes are fine, the issue is nobody likes change or wants to learn how to best adapt with the changes and it will be those same people who also say the game is boring everything is the same over and over again but every time you guys do a change people complain about that as well, so it’s a no win Situation. I also saw a well-known YouTube made a video saying that he can only do 5 million points per arena and now with this update he’s going to lose out on unit and battleships, well if you can’t adapt to the changes then you lose out I mean do we just keep everything the same forever so people can just be stuck in their ways.

I am glad that you like the changes. Can you give me examples of how people who were able to grind 135 units in the 4 star basic arena with their 4 star roster can adapt and grind the same units in the new system?
  • Options
    Aden24flashAden24flash Posts: 1
    First time commenting here. Forgive my FRANKNESS, but whoever thought about this new system...they need to get back to drawing board. This is absurd that we have to grind more for less and it shows a lack of understanding with the very game "you" created. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.