New Arena Structure Feedback

Comments

• Bigmoney1025Bigmoney1025 Member Posts: 131
    In order to make this right for the arenas they need to adjust the refresh time on champs some people can only run 6* once a day with it having such a long timer on if they adjust the timers even make 5* 5 hrs and 6* 8 hrs it would definitely make it easier to hit milestones.
    Not only that but the units value is overall spoiled with this your making it so hard for ftp players to get units it’s **** honestly.

I used to grind all the time to get units now it will take me all 3 days just to hit both arenas without being able to touch the summoner trials. Big let down honestly. I like the grandmaster shards that is good but the featured arena should have more incentive to go for the features put some cav shards in there somewhere or even in both arenas.

Given loss of units and battle chips from the those grandmaster shards in no way make up for that. So in conclusion timers are too long for said champs 5 and 6*. Units are lacking as well as battlechips pump up the numbers lower refresh timers and you will find more people happy with it. Just my opinion
  • CyberOneMillionCyberOneMillion Member Posts: 20
    I want to inform everyone on the distinction between a basic arena and a featured arena. Basic arenas have a silver colored "3 vs 3" label and featured arenas have a gold colored "3 vs 3" label.
  • HilgendwarfHilgendwarf Member Posts: 1
    Before these new arenas I was regularly grinding three arenas, the Featured 5 and 4-star, and the 4-star Basic. From all of those I could earn 405 units per Arena period. I’m approaching Thronebreaker and have 25 6-stars, and 45 5-stars above Rank 3 at the moment. With these new arenas I could maybe do the Featured or Basic, and the Summoner Advancement Arena. That is significantly less Units than I was able to get previously with even more work than I had to do before because of the increased milestone threshold of the Summoner Advancement arena.

I really feel these milestones are too high.

I do, however, love the addition of Grandmaster Shards to replace PHC shards, and for the 3 and 4-star champs as milestone rewards. That part is great!
  • Jojo_VengerbergJojo_Vengerberg Member Posts: 13
    I enjoy doing grinding in arena but the milestones are ludicrous, The addition of GMC is fine but the milestones and the reduction in units is awful, I don’t like the changes at all which is unfortunate because I really was looking forward to this update to arena but now they are here I’m not happy with it
  • SpaceCowboy3000SpaceCowboy3000 Member Posts: 16
    moon12 said:

This is ridiculous because I'm level 60 I have no one high enough to complete act 5.2 an all I ever did an look forward to was the monthly featured champ arena an now just cause people spend ridiculous money on the game ur just gonna hand out featured Champs in milestones an basically ruin the game for free to play players I mean this is real bull atleast keep the one 3 star featured for us players who can not at all complete that bull **** 5.2 act

Dude it is really not that hard to get to uncollected with team of any 5 4/40 4 stars And 300 units for collector, find some guides on YouTube

• Still_LearningStill_Learning Member Posts: 6
    In addition to running my own account, I head an alliance with a number of lower tier members. A common concern I am hearing among them is that they have a small number of 5-star champs (10-20) and with the old arena structure they were seeing a fairly constant stream of 5-star shards (about 10K a week).
    They could use these 5-stars, along with their maxed 4-star champs in the old featured 4-star arena and see REAL benefit in these 5-stars. With the new arena structure and no way of attaining the infinite streak, how do these players see benefit with their 5-stars?
  • ashbfc121ashbfc121 Member Posts: 8
    We need compensation units. I'm not going to waste my time grinding those impossible milestone. Btw I'm cavalier at the verge of becoming throne breaker, So my expectation to claim at the very least 70% of the units are valid.
  • Bosshogg713Bosshogg713 Member Posts: 32
    A lot more work and time in arenas. It’s going to discourage people from doing arena
  • Still_LearningStill_Learning Member Posts: 6
    The class arena battle events have been impacted with the removal of 2 and 3 star arenas.
    How is this new arena strategy anything else but punishment for free-to-play players?
    I wasn’t around for the 12.0 update debacle, but the videos are still online.
    The ill will shown towards today’s player base makes that update look like a player appreciation reward.
    Who’s bright idea was this?
    I’m not offering any constructive criticism for this update ... smarter people than I are coming up empty.
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Member Posts: 1,636 ★★★★
    this change can definitely works if you reduce the amount of milestones mark cut to half and increase the rewards double or triple or revert back to old arena structure. the arena didn't needed an overhaul. we only wished the arena to be more faster. We wished to eradicate the deathmatches so we can freely use up our collections while facing the same star rarity and same rank which is the why the first arena update a few months back was totally the answer, but the problem was that we faced only End-game/ META champions over and over while their PI value was 2x or 3x too high and for that our suggestion wasn't take to the development team's heart when we gave suggestion to reduce the PI value to either be capped to 1x or be capped to 1,5x and increase more opponent's champions variable so we don't always face the same champions.

this new arena update isn't what we wanted. you basically took our suggestion on how to improve the arena and derailed from the core idea. If you still want to have this new arena structure, then at least double or triple the milestones reward so we as an player base can feel that our time is being put as valuable and feel it's worth it.
  • Con_RebCon_Reb Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2021
    Going to keep it very simple.
    If the goal is to alienate and push F2P folks from the game then this change will definitely going to do that. While arena is already design as such where we have to grind it, it is easy to get burn out. Now with this change, it is not going to look any more appealing at all. The one of the main reason why I grind arena no matter how much I hate it, is for units.
    This is one way for F2P to keep being competitive, grow, and tackle harder content that requires lots of units.

1. 4* Basic at 1.5 mil used to yield 135 units and with this change, for hitting 1.5 mil will now gets you 25 units.
    2. Feature 4* at 4 mil used to yield 135 units and with this change, for hitting 4 mil will now gets you 25 units
    ** This means now I have to do 6 basic 4* arena for 135 units.
    ** This means instead 3 days, now it requires 18 days to amass 135 units.
    ** Talk about taking a huge step backwards and making arena even less appealing.

First, this is not only going to be tough for established F2P players, it will going to be tough for new and progressing players. Progressing with content that requires unit will going to take way much longer now as you cannot accumulate the units from arena as before
  • MastersKingMastersKing Member Posts: 4
    This arena really sucks. Milestones are very high and rewards for below uncollected players is not encouraging...
  • CyberOneMillionCyberOneMillion Member Posts: 20
    Closely examine your arena selection screen and you will see what I am pointing out. Summoner Trials is a revised "4 star basic arena". The "Old 5 star featured arena" has been replaced with two "6 star featured arenas" which have equivalent milestone and rank rewards. The only difference between the two 6 star featured arenas is that one champ is newer than the other. In theory, the arena offering the newer champ will be more competitive.
  • Gohan06Gohan06 Member Posts: 4
    Not good at all!!!! Please reduce the milestones
  • Sambhav2295Sambhav2295 Member Posts: 1
    Cant grind as we used to do it earlier...plus mediocre players wont be able to achieve all the milestones...so grinding units becomes tough...plus the time investment to get all the milestones is way too High...feels like...old one was better...
  • 0dinson6660dinson666 Member Posts: 1
    Problems with new arenas:
    1. The rewards and milestone structure are disproportionate to the amount of work required. Prima facie there's no problem with condensing the number of arenas, even though I personally don't see the need. However, the number of units/rewards needs to remain constant which it has not. Furthermore, the milestones to reach said units/rewards have increased such that obtaining equal units requires an increase in work; that's fine for people grinding hard for rank rewards, but not for (I suspect) the majority trying to just get resources.
    2. The grandmaster shards are a good step in the right direction... But nowhere near enough to motivate for the extra work required. Cav crystal shards for people who are cavalier or thronebreaker? Separate arena with higher reward structure? Doesn't seem thought out completely.
    3. Similarly, three star champ as rewards... Underwhelming. Especially when, in almost half of the months so far this year, we've ALL gotten a FREE three star featured champ just for logging in. Inconsistent message- either these champs are valuable and worth grinding for, in which case don't give them away for free, OR, they aren't that valuable, so add in different star levels for different milestones (i.e. four star for the highest, three for the halfway point, something like that) to justify the grind.
    all this is to say: was there some overwhelming problem with the old arema structure I'm not aware of? Seemed to work OK... But either way, this is not a step forward. What it seems like, quite frankly, is a strategy to get more people to purchase unit packages some of will require more to get equal units in arenas. And I don't intend to reward these kind of changes with any more purchases, which is kind of a shame cause I might've sprung for mister negative bundles.
    Poorly done, imo.
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Member Posts: 988 ★★★
    So I definitely think there were some good things that these arenas brought to the table. 6-stars available from arena, featured champion compensation prizes, GMC shards in the higher arenas, and champions being offered outside of ranked rewards. Great changes, give yourself a pat on the back for that.

But now please go and sit down for a moment and look over all this stuff the community has been saying. Cause yep there are some glaring problems in this new arena system.

When I think arena, I think of how I am rewarded (woo new 3-star champions to play with, woo lots of crystals to open, even if they're just PHCs) for playing some quick little fights and getting to use quite a large amount of my roster. I really enjoy that I'm not just doing Domino parry + heavy spamming my way through arena cause I literally CANNOT do that because she goes on cooldown after one fight and I'm forced to play with some different champions. Simple and repetitive? ABSOLUTELY. But simultaneously it's fresh cause I'm not just playing the same champions the whole time, and boy sometimes I just need that. And I don't push myself to do hardcore grinds for 5-star features or Warbound or whatnot, so I like to think I've hit my sweet spot.

But this new system is just painful. It basically removes 90% of the reason I enjoy arena. I don't get rewarded nearly as much for quick simple fights. All because I don't have a massive roster.

Please. Revert back to the old system, tweaking it with some of the good things this new system brought (GMC shards, champs in milestones, compensation prize champs). Here's what I see it being like.

3-star Featured Arena. Keep as is.
    4-star Basic Arena. Basically take the current Summoner Trials Arena, chuck the 3-star Basic Champion in the milestones and give the 4-star Basic champ to the top 10% like the Basic Arena.
    4-star Featured Arena. Expand pool of people who get the 4-star, give some GMC shards in the top milestones
    6-star Featured + Basic Arena. See current 6-star Arenas.

I appreciate you guys trying. But now here's the hard part; learning from mistakes and growing. You've done it before countless times; stay strong and do it again.
    (yeah my motivational speeches aren't particularly good sorry about that)
  • JustusCastrumJustusCastrum Member Posts: 149
    I don’t mind that there are now 3 arena’s, but all the units should be available for the same time spend as before.
    I’m semi free to play and only get some offers for spring cleaning, 4th of July and around Christmas. All my other units I get from arena and that amount will now be cut in half.
    Now I will not be able to get the offer after exploring cav eq, like I always do, so less boosts, so more units spend in aw.
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Member Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    One solution that comes to mind is to incorporate challenger rating in calculating the points rewarded by a champ in arena...that would put 5* r4 champs in line with 6*r1 champs and make the 5* champ worthwhile to use in the arenas and would benefit players who are yet to have a decent 6* roster.

Moreover challenger rating can also help against death matches as it can be coded to calculate the total challenger rating of the team being brought in and then the matchmaking can find a team with similar total challenger rating thus removing the issue of death matches
  • TrubluMateTrubluMate Member Posts: 379 ★★★
    Remove the last two milestones of each arena, spread the rewards between the other milestones and increase the points obtained for each rarity.
  • blastcidblastcid Member Posts: 2
    Hello guys, my input will be this:
    5* seem no longer relevant for arenas
    6* need to be aloud to be played 3 times a day
    Units need to be bumped up, because cost of potions/health new champs has ramped up
    Milestones feel very high and impossible to reach

Hope you find this useful, because arenas are relaxing, but would be nice to have more juice for the game to be relevant as an another way for progression in this game.

Thanks a lot, and continue hardwork.
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Member Posts: 1,192 ★★★★
    Haven't had time to scour thru this thread but I while I like what Kabam has attempted here to make a supply vs demand element between the basic and feature (which will essentially make a summoner choose which 5* or 6* champ to grind for - more specifically the 6*). This should essentially lower the scores needed to get a 5* champ. 6* champs are via arena is new, in high demand and everyone wants them so who knows what those numbers will be with the 2 arenas. I'm sure there are guys that could possibly put up some crazy numbers to get top 100 for both 6*s but probably unlikely (and definitely unhealthy). I do feel like what has missed the mark is the milestones and I feel like there is an easy solution / structure already in the game already that Kabam could easily follow:

SOLUTION: Make Arena like Alliance Quest

What do I mean by this you might ask...? For AQ, regardless of where you are in the game prestige and roster wise, if you complete map 7, you get the same completion rewards that the top alliances get for completing map 7. Everyone does the same number of fights and gets the same rewards. In the end though, because of prestige, top prestige alliances win out and get better rank rewards.

This same concept could easily be applied to Arena. Kabam can figure out the required number of fights they feel are needed to hit the various milestones and just use fights won. I don't know what the magic number would be for hitting the final milestones in the 3 arenas but Kabam has the data to back up whatever number they figure out this should be. This can essentially allow most if not all to have the ability to hit the milestones if they want to put in the time/effort but in the end, still keep track of points. Points scored will still determine the rank rewards which would still benefit those that have the most developed rosters, most units/boost spend, most time spent dedicated to their grind. Would the milestone awards and rank rewards need to be tweaked from what they were just updated to be, yeah possibly...?
  • pseudosanepseudosane Member, Guardian Posts: 3,945 Guardian
    @Kabam Miike
    Feedback after day1.

The arena deathmatches are great. There are no "deathmatches" using 4/55 and above. AI is fluid, throw specials. I like it a lot.
    Milestones, far far more. The units are definitely lesser per round grind, this is something I do not like. The increased milestones make anything but 6* close to irrelevant in the grind. even r5s are not worth the time. This makes grinding requiring far more effort, and every round of grind far less rewarding. I like the grandmaster shards, but you need to bring the milestones down, period.
  • DanveerKarnaDanveerKarna Member Posts: 113
    I was using
    6* in 5* featured
    5* in 4* featured
    4* in 4* basic
    3* in 3* arena

Every class, star rating and champ had uses including some dumb champs like IF, Joe and Jane, Iron Patriot and their likes. Now what am I supposed do with all those 3* and 4* that I maxed out for arena? Why would I use 4* maxed out to reach 16.5mn? And including both 5*/6* in same arena with 16.5mn as end milestone is too much.

This is punishing for f2p like myself and many others who used arena as main source for their units and difficult content exploration. On one hand we talk about quality of life, make changes to AW and AQ, then make some really unwanted move in opposite direction.

You guys should really reconsider the changes.

Regards,
    Rollo Tomassi
  • Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Member Posts: 831 ★★★★
    If Kabam wants to run concurrent 6 star arenas, and claim "same number of units" (5 more), need to do one of following:

1: halve the refresh time for 5/6 stars
    2: make it so you can't do same arena until refresh, but different refresh timer per arena (probably too much work)
    3: halve the number of fights, or at least make the boosts bigger
    4: halve the number of points for each milestone
    5: make players choose one 6 star arena or the other, and double the rewards, so its effectively same amount of rewards, since you can only do one or the other.
  • Virtual_PhantomVirtual_Phantom Member Posts: 12
    I’m a father of 2 with a full time job. I’m also an officer of a map 7 alliance. The amount of time I give to this game is nuts. I grind arena milestones simply to help me save money to compete. My 6 star roster is not as extensive as most endgame players. The new milestones are literally impossible for me to hit without refreshing, where as before they weren’t and it was a fairly fast and easy grind. The new milestones totaling 33k (which is almost twice as much as before) is absolutely ridiculous. I don’t mind a reasonable increase for the better rewards, but twice as many points is more than unreasonable. Please consider reducing points needed for all milestones. Thank you for the hard work to improve the game for all of us.
  • AorronoAorrono Member Posts: 4
    It's a real struggle and milestone are huge now, tough to get all milestone without a huge 6* roster. Basically I do arena a lot and acheive all the milestones and now 33M points to acheive all milestones way more high. Maybe it's the 1st time in a year or more I'm gonna miss to acheive all the milestone. I think this changes in arena will demotivated players for doing arena. And we should have some cavalier shards instead of grand master chards. Please re-consider and make it alive & enjoyable for all players.
This discussion has been closed.