**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Side Quest Objectives - Week 3 [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    Kabam Boo said:

Hi folks, we are very sorry to hear your continued discontent. On behalf of the game team, we'd like to take this opportunity to explain that the team built these objectives to encourage players to push for higher progression levels. In turn, we do apologise that those of you who have reached the highest progression level in our game (and we love you so much!) may not find these objectives quite as challenging or entertaining.

Please allow us to reiterate that in order to access October's event, you will ONLY need to complete the sets of objectives at one (1) level ONLY. So, in case you felt like completing a lower level set of objectives this time around, feel free to do so. It will not affect your ability to access the October event.

We completely understand that this is not the ideal solution for you, we really do, but we really also hope that you can find some amity and resolve with these objectives for now, until they reveal the October event! Please refer to the September Side Quest forum post for the October event rewards information. Once again, we apologise for the upset caused here, and the team is definitely taking all this in...

Thank you for clarification. As annoying an terrible as this is. I thank you for at least clarifying that a lower level objective completion will count towards unlocking October’s event.
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,378 ★★★★★
    For Cavs and above - have you guys found a way to cheese this? I found a regular Deadpool in 6.4.1 Iceman Quest that costs 6 energy. Has anybody found somebody who is 1 tile away?
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,378 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Siliyo said:

For Cavs and above - have you guys found a way to cheese this? I found a regular Deadpool in 6.4.1 Iceman Quest that costs 6 energy. Has anybody found somebody who is 1 tile away?

Back a few pages in this thread. 6.2.3 CMM.

Dr. Zola
    Thanks, Dr. Z!
  • MOEDrumsMOEDrums Posts: 4
    DrZola said:

MOEDrums said:

So after the previous objectives that got a lot of hate, I was personally on Kabam's side as the response was you've got close to two months to do it. Fair point, however it turns out I did actually need to do them in one week, so now I haven't got the new objectives appear, despite how terrible they appear. I'm guessing that means the whole two months is now pointless me doing any of the objectives now???

They appear, I believe, when you log back in after completing. At least they did for me.

Dr. Zola
    Thanks Doc, that's good to know.
  • TreoTreo Posts: 386 ★★

I don’t understand why I don’t have the new objectives do they only open when you have completed the previous ones ?

And do I need to do all of them or just one ?
  • Treo said:

I don’t understand why I don’t have the new objectives do they only open when you have completed the previous ones ?

You have to fully complete one objective to unlock the next one (it will show up either the next day or after a game restart, I'm not 100% certain which). And this is true for each tier of difficulty: when you complete the Cavalier Special Forces objective you'll get the next Cavalier one, but the Uncollected and others will still be showing you that same Special Forces objectives (until you complete them).

You need to complete at least one difficulty tier all the way to the end (meaning, all of the weekly objectives) to unlock the October side quest. It can be any difficulty tier, any one will fully unlock October regardless of which one. Cavalier players can choose to complete all of the Proven objectives for September and they will still fully unlock all of the Cavalier objective rewards in October.

You can do more than one, but all that gets you are the rewards within the objectives themselves. It will not unlock anything special in October if you fully complete more than one difficulty tier of objectives.
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    edited September 2021
    DNA3000 said:

Raichu626 said:

DNA3000 said:

Bigbowlr said:

This is our first month doing this Double Month side quest thing, and we're still learning. I definitely see why this is frustrating though, and even though we tried to lighten the burden by reducing the number of fights from the last week, it might not have been enough.

I can't spoil anything, but I do think that you'll want to complete at least one of these difficulties all the way through, even if it's just the easiest one so you have access to the October Side Event.

So are you saying that if we complete the easiest level we'll gain access to the best rewards? So we can do Proven objectives and get access to the t5c selector and other stuff, or are the rewards unlocked locked behind the difficulty level you complete this month
    Yes! If you complete even the Heroic difficulty this month, you'll have access to them all next month.
    Wait wait wait wait WAIT WAIT WAIT. This literally changes EVERYTHING. I know the announcement said we only needed to complete one objective set to unlock next month, but it also said everyone was going to get a variation based on progression level: I assumed they were there so completist could farm them all, but you were supposed to do the one that matched your progress level.

If you can literally do *any* of them and unlock *all* of next month, I think that's critical information that has been obfuscated for most players. It means the difficulty of going through the objectives is based on how hard the easiest one is, and that's the proven one. The grind is way less oppressive if that's all you need to do. Since I see people posting Reddit guides and video guides on how to complete the *highest* objective in the easiest possible manner for players, I'm guessing a lot of people are unaware that the easiest path through the objectives is not to try to cheese Cavalier, it is to sleep walk through Proven. Proven is 35 fights in Act 1. That's basically a few autofight paths of low energy.

Sure, you'd be passing up the objective rewards, but come on: who but the completists cares about those. I mean, I'm going to do them all, but no normal human would want to, and I think most people don't know that they don't need to.
    I still have a pretty substantial problem with this, when it comes to going out of my way to complete the objectives. I still have some unexplored paths in Act 7 and all of Act 6, so while it's really weird and annoying to leave the monthly EQ unfinished to do that instead, it's not extremely far out of my way, just pretty far. However, there are players that have 100% everything, for whom this is much worse than even for me. This is also discounting the potential horrors of the next two objectives on the Cav level.

On UC level, the first week was extremely easy, just autofighting some of the Shang-Chi challenge with r1 5* Storm. Week 2 is currently on 0/100, because where exactly am I going to find 5* opponents to defeat with special attacks while doing Cav and UC EQ? Nowhere, that's where. I'd have to go out of my way to find opponents to do that with. I guess I could do the later quests of SCC. Then I'd need to do (presumably) Act 5 quests enough times to defeat 50 opponents. I have 100% explored act 5 and everything below, once again it would require going out of my way.

On conqueror level, I'd still need to do the first week, so I guess more SCC like with Storm, just with r5 Iceman this time? Weird, but I'll allow it. Then find myself 100 4* opponents to defeat with specials, but not with specials that utilize burst damage or DoT. I certainly won't find those in my regular questing content, thereby going out of my way. Then I'd need to win ~50 figths in (presumably) Act 4. GoomW.

Lastly, proven. First, find a place to win 25 fights with unranked 3* champions. GoomW. Then, win 100 fights against 3* with specials. GoomW. Then, autofight Act 1 for a while. GoomW. Then whatever other horrors are left waiting, presumably requiring more GoomW.

While cav is pretty terrible, the lower levels are just further and further out of my way. It barely reduces the annoyance factor, or even makes it more annoying.

In case you're at a loss as to what GoomW means, it's just shorter than writing "going out of my way" 6 times, because I've used that phrase to death in this comment
    I'm not saying the objectives aren't bad. What I'm saying is that we should be advising players who think they are so bad they can't or won't do them even if it means passing on October's side quest to grit their teeth and autofight their way through Act 1 while catching up on Netflix just so they don't pass on October's rewards, then come back here and grumble about the objectives being bad.
    Auto fight 6.2? I know you meant auto fight the lower difficulty to unlock next months side quest but that means having to do all the proir lower level difficulty objectives just to get to this latest one
  • ChriissRChriissR Posts: 650 ★★★★
    Treo said:

Dude literally read the mail and post. It says just one
  • ChriissRChriissR Posts: 650 ★★★★
    I just finished mine from 6.3. definitely super tedious and annoying but only took about 20 min. Definitely needs to be reworked but wasn't as bad as last week's objective.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Hoodie25 said:

Wicket329 said:

Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

It's really not that bad. One Fight is one Point.

Your forgetting the energy requirements to get this knocked out. It's alot fyi.
    Meh. I have EQ done, and Energy Refills. Not a lot for me.
    Any path in 6.2 and beyond generally uses a full energy bar. One path is anywhere from 7 to 10 fights. That's a massive amount of energy refills.
    2 Paths a day, using Help. Done in 4. You can do it without using Refills. I realize that's with the caveat that you're done EQ, but it's not massive. It was more work for the last one.
    You just don’t get it do ya, nobody wants to be forced to redo old content. It’s not a “wow this is super hard” it’s not a “this is too much work”. People don’t want to be forced to do 2 paths a day of content they have already cleared. People want to have fun.
    Oh for God sakes. Forced to redo content....for cumulative Rewards. Not for nothing.
    6.2.3, 3 Energy per Fight. Restart. 150 Energy. Done.
    Yes. People don’t *want* to do that. This is not fun.

Your argument for a quest not being too bad is repeating one fight over and over 50 times. Can you honestly say that’s fun?

Then people don't *want* the Rewards.
    50 Fights is less monotonous than 7-10 for 30 days.
    50 of the same 1 fight in 1 week is of course more monotonous than 7-10 different (sometimes random) for 30 days. Yes, that is very clear.

You can tell that by the mountains of feedback given on this very issue.

You may believe that you’d rather do 50 of the same fight in one week, but you are very much in the minority.
    6.2.3, left Path. Use Doom on CMM. 6 seconds, maybe 10 at most? If doing that 50 times is too much, then I don't know what else to say. They're not going to come from doing nothing.
    Again, the fight time is not the issue. It’s boring. I would rather spend 10 mins a day doing something more interesting than do the same thing 50 times, or 100 times over
    Consider the Hercules side quest. 10 fights, all fairly straightforward, immediate chunk of rewards after completion. I had a lot of fun with it despite it being repetitive because I used it as a place to test out various champions. That’s the quest that taught me how much I loved the Bishop buff.

I don’t have that kind of playground with these objectives. I have a line of text telling me to do something incredibly dull 100 times. That’s… not better.
    Exactly, I built a lot of different teams and used it to practice tigra spacing. This is just dull. I get Kabam is trying something new, but did they have to try it new on a 2 month event? We're a quarter of the way through and it feels like August was a year ago.
    And to think that before the feedback we gave last week, it was going to be 100 fights instead of 50.
    Whoever made this side quest for sure doesn't ay the game or enjoy the concept of a fun event.
    Actually there were two arguments. The first was that there were too many Fights. The second was that they had to finish with a Special against a 6*. Several suggestions were made for *using* a 6*.
    Both were addressed. You finish a Fight period, and it's 50, not 100.
    Wow. You're really grasping at straws here to make this sound like a fun event.
    Did I say anything about fun? I was being accurate in terms of the arguments and what came about.
    Some people aren't going to have fun either way because they don't like Objecitves. Either way, this is the Event for the next month and a half, so personally I'm looking to move forward with as much ease as possible. Which is why I gave the suggestion on 6.2.3, 3 Energy to the first Fight. Rinse, repeat. Easy peasy.
    Dang, and here I was thinking that the point of playing the game was to have fun. I’ve been such an idiot, how could I forget that this is actually just a second job that sucks approximately the same amount of hope and energy out of you as a trip to the DMV. Thanks for setting things straight for me again
    Second job? 50 Fights in a week is a job?
    Not liking it is one thing. Exaggerating it is another.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    No_oneuk said:

Even if they won't reduce the objectives or whatever, the VERY least they can do is make energy free in act 6 for this month. I have lots of complaints about this stuff, but the MAIN one is the fact that it's going to take an absurd amount of energy that I just simply don't have... I have no refills, i'm not dropping units to get energy refills and I still have half of the monthly EQ to do yet!!! How am I supposed to get this done?

Even when side quests have energy costs (which is rare, they're usually free) - they're at most 1 energy per tile. This is 3?!?!

It takes 150 Energy if you do 6.2.3. One Fight per run, restart. Not exactly what you're asking for, but worth pointing out. It's not that absurd. 2 Refills. Can be done without using them.