**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Drive to a Million Facebook Likes!

Comments

• MarzGroove wrote: »
    There are now 776,474 likes which is +25,000 likes. That's 10% of the goal already. And only 20 days left to go. #attainable

776813 now. 339 in 13 minutes, or 26 per minute. That's far ahead of @Ascoop24 's calculated requirements.

I think the pessimistic view was 750k in three years means it is impossible. But in the past there was no incentive to like. When an incentive exists, the number of likes can dramatically increase as they have recently.
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    MarzGroove wrote: »
    There are now 776,474 likes which is +25,000 likes. That's 10% of the goal already. And only 20 days left to go. #attainable

776813 now. 339 in 13 minutes, or 26 per minute. That's far ahead of @Ascoop24 's calculated requirements.

I think the pessimistic view was 750k in three years means it is impossible. But in the past there was no incentive to like. When an incentive exists, the number of likes can dramatically increase as they have recently.

I'm pretty sure we'll hit the number, but I'm even more sure that the majority of these new "likes" aren't legit. Whatever though, I'll do the arena so I'll just stfu now.
  • FAL7ENFAL7EN Posts: 297
    I would have spread the word but we can’t get og Deadpool so I’ll pass...
  • StavelotXoteStavelotXote Posts: 231
    You guys should consider adding 3* versions of Kang and Thanos and similar champs into a crystal as milestones.

This is cool tho. Just still want those champs bc we are never getting our hands on them otherwise. I know they aren't overly great champs, but it would be nice to have them.
  • KhanMedina wrote: »
    MarzGroove wrote: »

I'm pretty sure we'll hit the number, but I'm even more sure that the majority of these new "likes" aren't legit. Whatever though, I'll do the arena so I'll just stfu now.

I originally misunderstood what Kabam was asking for and the mods correctly killed the post, but I believe now the correct way to encourage likes is to simply ask Facebook friends to like the MCOC Facebook page itself, which anyone can do. Players with large Facebook networks willing to help them out can generate a lot of likes for the main page quickly without resorting to using dummy accounts.

Asking Facebook friends to like a page is a legit like, insofar as I believe any Facebook like is legit.
  • into a crystal as milestones.

What now? Did you mean into arena?
  • NSTOLTNSTOLT Posts: 18
    First off, great idea Kabam! But also I know you are aware but a good amount of the players are kids too, and its not like they have Facebook, so that limits some options. And I think it was a great idea to include hard to get campions such as Thanos and red Deadpool. I have been wanting Thanos for a while and I think its great you are giving us players an opportunity to get him. Thanks Again!
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    edited November 2017
    NSTOLT wrote: »
    First off, great idea Kabam! But also I know you are aware but a good amount of the players are kids too, and its not like they have Facebook, so that limits some options. And I think it was a great idea to include hard to get campions such as Thanos and red Deadpool. I have been wanting Thanos for a while and I think its great you are giving us players an opportunity to get him. Thanks Again!

think u misred there og deadpool and thanks are not going to be added to the crystal poll
  • NSTOLT wrote: »

I don't think you know how facebook works, or how kids work. Im not sure i know a kid who doesn't have a facebook account lol

Also, im almost certain they said, that those rare champs like thanos, kang, og deadpool won't be in that crystal.
    Thanks guys I'm dumb and can't read. Ha!
  • DJRipsterDJRipster Posts: 169
    NSTOLT wrote: »
    Thanks guys I'm dumb and can't read. Ha!

I honestly skipped over the NOT available the first time I read it too... Had to read again just to make sure :)

Thanos disapproves of him not being included.
  • DJRipsterDJRipster Posts: 169
    @Kabam Miike

Curious if you guys are running an ad-campaign on Facebook to push towards this goal, or if its all man powered ?
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    #hitthatlikebutton
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    For a million likes we better get a 5*, what the heck is the point of getting a soon to be obsolete 4* with 6*s coming lol.
  • RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 442 ★★★
    This event could undermine the whole structure of the game. It is basically giving anyone whom has a roster of 2 stars a full 5 star. Doesn’t seem like much balance. I worked for a year and a half to get my first five star. it Would be better if they had tiered quests for ratings.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,257 ★★★★★
    This event could undermine the whole structure of the game. It is basically giving anyone whom has a roster of 2 stars a full 5 star. Doesn’t seem like much balance. I worked for a year and a half to get my first five star. it Would be better if they had tiered quests for ratings.

Really? I'm assuming you forgot the funny "stupidly whining about something free" meme attachment.
  • Would like to express my heartfelt appreciation towards Kabam for finally giving us some really sweet events and deals to look forward to!

But that said, we need to be realistic about reaching this 1million likes goal. That's 250k in the next 2-3 weeks. 250k, an average number that has been obtained yearly for past 2-3 years.

It's almost your third year anniversary and why should unique events and deals like these be withheld from us regardless of how many likes FB page gets?

In all, I'm keep my fingers crossed that we still might enjoy the arena and the dollar deal. Don't see why something would get announced and yet not materialise all because a goal wasn't reached. Seems absurd.
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    edited November 2017
    But that said, we need to be realistic about reaching this 1million likes goal. That's 250k in the next 2-3 weeks. 250k, an average number that has been obtained yearly for past 2-3 years.

It's almost your third year anniversary and why should unique events and deals like these be withheld from us regardless of how many likes FB page gets?

In all, I'm keep my fingers crossed that we still might enjoy the arena and the dollar deal. Don't see why something would get announced and yet not materialise all because a goal wasn't reached. Seems absurd.

Gold medal to you sir. Why should all these events be withheld if the goal was say, not met by the given deadline. Actually, heck with it, why even have a deadline? If you guys were really grateful for the number of likes on your FB page, you wouldn't be imposing a deadline for us to do it on. Oh, what happens if we only get 1m likes on Dec 5 instead? Nothing I presume?

This goal just isn't realistic with the average growth rate calculated during the last few years. 250k likes/year and now we need to shift that to 250k likes in one month. It's crazy really, that's just encouraging people to make a dummy second account to give a second like to the page, so that 1m likes isn't really a true 1 million anymore, it's a 750k genuine likes and 250k dummy likes.

I mean, I am grateful that you are offering all these special events to us, but if anything, don't impose a deadline, especially one that is less than a month away.
  • BrianGrantBrianGrant Posts: 167
    Hello good friends at Kabam. Will the crystals that contain 1 and 2 star champions be available for units or loonies and toonies?
  • DERPYREVENGERDERPYREVENGER Posts: 265
    Do we get the same thing if we miss the milestone date?
  • DERPYREVENGERDERPYREVENGER Posts: 265
    What if we get it on December 5
  • PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★

The game is not making any attempt to balance the reward earnings of today with a year and a half ago. As time progresses, the reward earning rate rises. There are players that worked months to get their first T4B, and now we get a free one every month for showing up. Not only are rewards for monthly events higher now than they were just a few months ago, there's an entire tier of content and rewards that didn't exist originally.

Sometimes the game will offer higher rewards for players with higher progress. Sometimes they will offer a baseline of rewards that a significant fraction of the playerbase can all acquire with roughly similar effort. Sometimes they will just hand stuff out. The idea is to incentivize progress, but not to the point where newer players are permanently left behind.

I'm sorry DNA monthly rewards a few months ago was wasn't like 5k 5* shards (few as in 3-4)

You can't honestly say these past months(not including these one till final) is better than the great one
  • ImranImran Posts: 587 ★★★
    If kabam make this deal 1$ to units then I'll invite my friend to like mcoc fb page also will force them them and will share it a lot.
  • StingerbkStingerbk Posts: 160 ★★
    quote="Imran;c-194209"]If kabam make this deal 1$ to units then I'll invite my friend to like mcoc fb page also will force them them and will share it a lot.[/quote]

Lol, man that's mean