**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

More QoL Updates and Beta Features coming in v33.0!

Comments

• Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    dot_ditto said:

Replay button for quests that are 100% done instead of the "Upgrade Champion" button please?

@Kabam Zero not to be entitled or pushy but would this feature be possible or completely not on the list? Cause this would help immensely while farming revives and potions.

Also Upgrade Champions is not something anyone is doing often if even at all immediately after exploring a quest. Even on the rare occasion it happens two extra clicks aren't a problem
    I agree

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/116760/end-of-quest-prompt#latest

I suggested this back in Jan 2019 ;)
    Should have both Play next and Reply buttons .. let us choose .. and stop trying to guess for us . ;)
    "Upgrade Champions" and "Open Crystal" was relevant during Game tutorial. And they just forgot to ever change it
  • Options
    Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 634 ★★★
    About the portrait in front of the node :
    You have chosen the easiest and safest way to avoid bug. But the node is still partially hidden.
    There are other options :
    1. Put the stars and the life bar at the vertical (and keep the IP and the class on the portrait). This is obvious because the nodes are not as close horizontally than vertically.
    2. Remove the small arrow under the panel with the IP, the class and the life bar.

Otherwise, thanks for the improvements :-)

And the players still have ideas to improve the QoL ;-)
    One of them: the practice on characters is good, but the constraint to have the character in that rarity should be removed.
  • Options
    FitnesscwFitnesscw Posts: 216 ★★
    Id like to see in arena a filter for champion ranks. No one likes scrolling to lower rank champs
  • Options
    Ironside47Ironside47 Posts: 461 ★★★
    Awesome changes, much appreciated.

That said, I’m going to really miss watching Deadpool chatting on the phone… said absolutely nobody :o
  • Options
    Jeal79Jeal79 Posts: 443 ★★★
    Fitnesscw said:

Id like to see in arena a filter for champion ranks. No one likes scrolling to lower rank champs

Just generally adding "rank" as a filter to the Champion screen anywhere in the game would be great. Since 2 new characters are introduced every month, just filtering by 4* or 5* can still leave you a lot to scroll through.

This would also be useful when you have a rank-up gem to spend. Much easier if you can filter down to rank so you only see the champs it's applicable for.

And while we are on the subject of filters, one for the items screen would be very welcome. I'd love to see an option where you could filter to see only AGs and stones by class and by rarity.

Those suggestions aside, I'm loving all the QoL improvements we are getting each month. If it weren't for these, I'd feel a lot more depressed and disengaged from the persistent bugs. Please keep the QoL updates coming!!
  • Options
    satvik17satvik17 Posts: 76

Continuing with one of our goals of improving players’ knowledge and comprehension of the core fight spine of the game we took aim at the Fight Summary screen. Currently, when you lose a fight it looks like this.

This doesn’t tell summoners what killed them or guide them in any way on how to improve. To fix this we set out to completely redesign the screen into something more like this.

Does this mean the Win screen would be the same? I would love to see the stats and additional info for a win screen as well

• Options
    mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    These sound great, can we also request that you quit making painfully long sp1's as well?
  • Options
    satvik17 said:

Continuing with one of our goals of improving players’ knowledge and comprehension of the core fight spine of the game we took aim at the Fight Summary screen. Currently, when you lose a fight it looks like this.

This doesn’t tell summoners what killed them or guide them in any way on how to improve. To fix this we set out to completely redesign the screen into something more like this.

Does this mean the Win screen would be the same? I would love to see the stats and additional info for a win screen as well

Yes the screen will be the new one for the win version too if you are opted into the beta
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    QOL is always important. The special 3 skip is by far the best thing you added amongst all the updates. Especially for Namor players lol.
  • Options
    PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★

QOL is always important. The special 3 skip is by far the best thing you added amongst all the updates. Especially for Namor players lol.

Maybe do we know the skip will be instant or will it be affected by bugs or lag which it will so wait till say it’s best
  • Options
    Cerberus6pCerberus6p Posts: 9
    Ok, and the Fps? My cellphone is galaxy s20+, and the fps fix in 30 in the game, an my cellphone suport 120gz!! fix it at once, in the next update!
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    The new screen is great.
  • Options
    It's kinda bad with doom. You're placed a bit farther than usual
  • Options
    Dang I love how they did this it helps so much
  • Options
    Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021
    Maybe just takes getting used to, but on the Skip SP3 option I’d prefer it tuned so you catch the tail end of the special to have time to react. Just tested it against a Doom and got immediately combo’d because there’s literally no time to react from the special.

As for the fight stays, very cool, but there’s a bug after arenas where you get red letters that say “no data” before taking you back to the arena summary screen. And it makes grinding 5x as slow to load up the stats.

Still love the update, just passing along info to fine tune it

EDIT: turns out you guys are already on it with Skip SP3. Great job devs!
  • Options
    SunilDarurSunilDarur Posts: 53
    edited November 2021
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious Enabling the BETA OPT IN option screws up AQ fights. As soon as we hit fight the match will end. This happens as many time as you try to fight in AQ until you turn off BETA OPT IN option.

Video URL : https://youtu.be/uNNpZJ6w7sI
  • Options
    SunilDarurSunilDarur Posts: 53

• Options
    Nomercy9Nomercy9 Posts: 48

I have a question on the finishing blows section. When we throw a massive special attack to KO the opponent, the damage done by hits that took place after the opponent reaches 0 hp is reduced.

My question is this. Will the finishing blows section now provide us with the damage done by the special attack without the reduction or not?

Did some brief testing and it seems like it will still show the full damage of the SP3 even if the opponent only had 1 hp before it.
    I don't think it does. Tested it in rol few times.
  • Options
    Kade7175Kade7175 Posts: 304 ★★
    This is amazing!! Im super stoked.
  • Options
    JovesbroJovesbro Posts: 2
    Could you guys please help in shifting the sp button to the right, or can also provide adjustable button.
  • Options
    Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    Why is my special power bar going almost invisible when the opponent throws their special and why does the gold reward after a fight flash bright white? Both of these things are annoying and seem like completely unnecessary changes.
  • Options
    Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    I see people saying the reason our special button and power bars are getting hard to see during enemy specials now is because that was Kabam's way of preventing people from thinking they could throw a special too soon after or even during the enemy special. If that is the case does this mean that this is the so called bug fix for the new update that was supposed to stop attempts at activating specials from causing a block instead?

If this is what is referenced in the update notes it does not fix the actual bug I have been experiencing when my champ blocks instead of throwing a special because I am not attempting to throw specials during the enemy special or even right after. The times my specials fail to activate are either at the end of my combos or when the enemy is dashing in, it has nothing to do with the enemy special attacks.

Also, as far as the change to the visibility of the power bar goes, I can see there may be some value to making the special button look different when you can't use it but it would be much better to leave the power bar portion the regular visibility all the time so we can more easily monitor and manage our power at all times.
  • Options
    Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    @Kabam Zero
    There’s a suggestion on a little QoL change which i like to see in respect of arena.
    When our champs were in cooldown then we can ask for help if we are in an alliance But that option of asking help doesn’t appear if we do not have an alliance.
    Now if I don’t want to ask for help(while being in an alliance) then there should be an option to turn off that asking help thing. It creates unnecessary time waste to scroll all over the screen to use my champs while playing arena.
    I never ask for help so simply i just want my refreshed champs on top of screen and not below of all used champs

Thanks
  • Options

@Kabam Zero
    There’s a suggestion on a little QoL change which i like to see in respect of arena.
    When our champs were in cooldown then we can ask for help if we are in an alliance But that option of asking help doesn’t appear if we do not have an alliance.
    Now if I don’t want to ask for help(while being in an alliance) then there should be an option to turn off that asking help thing. It creates unnecessary time waste to scroll all over the screen to use my champs while playing arena.
    I never ask for help so simply i just want my refreshed champs on top of screen and not below of all used champs

Thanks

Same. Help is a time waste I never bother with
  • Options
    LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,168 ★★★★
    @Kabam Zero I really like the stats feature after the fights but I have currently turned this feature off for 1 reason only. It really slows down the arena grind. I hope that when this feature is put permanently in the game that we have the option to activate it for specific modes. When turned off w/ this update, transitioning into fight 1, from 1 to 2, and 2 to 3, the load times really fly and are an incredible enhancement. But when I activate this beta feature, the transition and load times between fights are noticeably slower. I'm not as interested in my arena fight stats, I want the whole process to go as quickly as possible. In my mind, these stats are more useful for AQ, AW, and questing. I hope we can select which modes we see if for. Thanks for your consideration. 👍🏼
  • Options
    becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 412 ★★★
    Along the same lines of the new stat screen slowing down Arena grinds I have also turned off the new stat screen because the only way to close it is to hit the button in the middle whereas with the current version you can just tap anywhere on the screen to move on immediately. It sounds like a small issue but it builds up overtime. I would really like to be able to skip through it by tapping anywhere on the screen, or at least have an option to enable such a feature. That way we can have the best of both worlds, new stats when you want them but no slow down after the fight ends.