**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Celebrate the Holidays and a Special Birthday with The Contest! Starting December 1!

Comments

• Do i need level 40 to acces special objectives?
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Great job on the sidequest this month. Just comparing to the last two months, I want to point out these specific improvements:

1) Full squad of champs. This is important when the game is flaky, because one missed input can cause a death. If you’re only carrying two real champs, things spiral fast.

2) PIs that correspond to the difficulty level in monthly EQ. No 50,000 PI champs with 400k HP. Kabam talked about “reducing mental load” in the 2020 roadmap, and last month’s sidequest and this month’s are a prime contrast in that respect.

3) Reasonable amount of content. It isn’t grindy or time intensive, which is especially appreciated at the holidays. It’s not daily entries that get repetitive over 35 days, or where summoners miss out on big rewards if they only do 28/35.

4) a decent spread of rewards for the effort used…a little bit of everything, and no single resource that dominates the payout.

And unrelated to all that, but I was very happy with Cyber Weekend. I’ve been very critical lately, but the flexibility offered in those deals led to me happily using more units than I thought I could.
  • VinimdmVinimdm Posts: 1
    Level 40 to participate in the gift event event plus complete act 4?????
    That is absurd! Change the rule of the game as they well understand, disregarding the player
  • DarkGuardianDarkGuardian Posts: 185 ★★

Why did they make the cutoff for moving alliance before war season ends. That makes no sense @Kabam Miike

i believe the 6th of december is there so if you moved, you would not need to wait few days to start gifting. So you can still move, just you will be allowed to gift later in the month
  • Xva23Xva23 Posts: 500 ★★★
    Swank777 said:

Xva23 said:

Swank777 said:

Why punish players for being under lvl 40? Shouldn't Christmas and gifting be for all? I think you could be a little less like scrooge at Christmas kabam. I know your not trying to be rude and inconsiderate but I also know that's unfortunately how you come across here. Atleast let lvl 20+ or 25+ join in gifting. I think if your really concerned about fairness you don't exclude people. Consider this if you increase player rewards and decrease the alliance rewards you actually encourage people to be more giving to each other even outside our alliances you know like a polite giving community, kabam the alliance rewards talk. But don't kabam and exclude so many people that's the definition of discrimination guy's.

So you think that not being in the lower mid level of a game's gifting event, which I limited to stop exploitation, counts as literal discrimination? OK, yeesh
    You might try a dictionary. Yes that is discrimination. Your opinion does not count greater than facts.
    My point was that it's just a game dude, that's it
  • RunavargrRunavargr Posts: 180 ★★
    edited December 2021
    Vinimdm said:

Level 40 to participate in the gift event event plus complete act 4?????
    That is absurd! Change the rule of the game as they well understand, disregarding the player

Let’s be honest if your newer and have not completed act 4/ lvl 40 then your units could be much better spent elsewhere. I don’t think the requirements are unreasonable at all. If I were to suggest an alternative, perhaps only the ggc should be locked with those requirements but let new players gift the other stuff. This all came about though over a ton of petty complaints and a dumb video. 2-3k units on an alt account would no way effect the competitive edge lol. You earn points by gifting not receiving gifts. While I could see an alliance full of alts messing up alliance ranked a tad, solo would hardly be effected. 2-3k units would hardly get any decent ranked rewards. People just wanted to complain cause they didn’t want to grind or rather because they’re bored with nothing better to do than complain.

That said I have saved a good stash and can’t wait for the event.
    Except it was a repeatable 2000 units, so people with enough time on their hands could have added another 0 and made it 20,000 units. When you’re talking about 6-star sig stones and t5cc, it can throw things out of whack.
  • Swank777Swank777 Posts: 64
    Xva23 said:

Swank777 said:

Xva23 said:

Swank777 said:

Why punish players for being under lvl 40? Shouldn't Christmas and gifting be for all? I think you could be a little less like scrooge at Christmas kabam. I know your not trying to be rude and inconsiderate but I also know that's unfortunately how you come across here. Atleast let lvl 20+ or 25+ join in gifting. I think if your really concerned about fairness you don't exclude people. Consider this if you increase player rewards and decrease the alliance rewards you actually encourage people to be more giving to each other even outside our alliances you know like a polite giving community, kabam the alliance rewards talk. But don't kabam and exclude so many people that's the definition of discrimination guy's.

So you think that not being in the lower mid level of a game's gifting event, which I limited to stop exploitation, counts as literal discrimination? OK, yeesh
    You might try a dictionary. Yes that is discrimination. Your opinion does not count greater than facts.
    I agree it's just a game so why should kabam discriminate smaller accounts at Christmas. Take rank rewards away if it is that big of a deal but don't discriminate against people over progression. Games should be about having fun, isn't that why we started playing? There are alot of people who have legit accounts but are young or just a casual player that this affects. What's wrong with treating everyone the same? If the real issue is the rank rewards then take that away but don't discriminate and act like your trying to do the right thing.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021
    This isn't discrimination. It's requirements to ensure the Event is as fair as possible. Discrimination involves an intentional exclusion towards a targeted demographic. It's not as if they said, "Let's get those new Accounts.".
  • Swank777 said:

Xva23 said:

Swank777 said:

Xva23 said:

Swank777 said:

I agree it's just a game so why should kabam discriminate smaller accounts at Christmas. Take rank rewards away if it is that big of a deal but don't discriminate against people over progression. Games should be about having fun, isn't that why we started playing? There are alot of people who have legit accounts but are young or just a casual player that this affects. What's wrong with treating everyone the same? If the real issue is the rank rewards then take that away but don't discriminate and act like your trying to do the right thing.
    The issue is that low level accounts have a boosted ability to earn units vastly outside of the normal earning rates allowable in the game. They were given that ability to make the easy game better for normal players, on the assumption that those resources would be used by those players to further their own accounts.

We can solve that problem in three ways. We can restrict the ability for those accounts to gift those resources to other accounts, so they stay within the account. We can take the resources away so low accounts gain no special benefits to help them progress to higher levels. Or we can change those resources into things that cannot be transferred so that instead of the player being able to choose what they can do with them, we decide for them and hand them those things instead, whether they want them or not.

The issue is not rank rewards. That's the issue, and those are the only options I'm aware of that are currently technically feasible. Pick one.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021
    Actually, the game is advertised period. It's Rated Teen. Is there anything wrong with kids playing with permission? Certainly not. Nor is it anyone's place to tell someone how to parent. However, the requirements aren't targeted at any particular age group or demographic. They're simply what's deemed best to keep the Event as "sportsmanlike" as possible.
  • Xva23Xva23 Posts: 500 ★★★
    I'll be honest here, thers really no actual perfect answer, it's awesome that new players get get nice jump start to progression, which they sorely need to catch up, but the fact that experienced players can do the same much faster, and use it to affect their own account, breaks it. One thought I had was that they could make it so the trade only happens if both players give equal value gifts, but there's still no right answer
  • PaulomotaPaulomota Posts: 17
    edited December 2021
    I have a discomfort regarding the issue of the 14 days, because Kabam does not like us to change the alliance? It is not the first time that they make it difficult to change the alliance with time penalties and alliance prizes, every day this goes from bad to worse, now with the unexpected end of the alliance season because of who ... KABAM not the players, now we have a window of time to be able to change the alliance and receive the prizes, but we CANNOT do it since we do not they give us the war season awards. @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit

Translated with Google Translate
  • Deamon1337Deamon1337 Posts: 143
    edited December 2021
    Do you need to be lvl 40 or above lvl 40 (>=41) to get access to the gifting event?
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,044 ★★★★★

Do you need to be lvl 40 or above lvl 40 (>=41) to get access to the gifting event?

• MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,898 ★★★★★
    qartweli said:

I have alt acc with L26
    Will i be able to send gifts?

If you get it to level 40 and complete act 4
  • CynchoticCynchotic Posts: 186
    Swank777 said:

Discriminating against smaller accounts is wrong. I have a 8 year old son his account is over a year old and he is still under lvl 40. This is just a game for some of us. My wife's account is over 2 years old and she is still under lvl 40 why cause it's just a game. 5 accounts kajoke in our family and fine we can just be done spending our money on you. Keep your gifting event uncle scrooge I get it Christmas only for who you deam worthy.

I agree with this 100%. Gifting has been taken away except for Christmas/anniversary. So, this is a “gift”, unlike certain content. So, if someone just started playing, even a year ago, or someone who has been a loyal player for 3 years, but just doesn’t have the time to put into A GAME because they have children, a job, a spouse, a sick parent, you know - a life, they are being punished? A gift is a gift is a gift and should NOT EXCLUDE anyone that supports kabam by giving their time (and money) to the game! Despicable!
  • RunavargrRunavargr Posts: 180 ★★
    Cynchotic said:

Swank777 said:

Discriminating against smaller accounts is wrong. I have a 8 year old son his account is over a year old and he is still under lvl 40. This is just a game for some of us. My wife's account is over 2 years old and she is still under lvl 40 why cause it's just a game. 5 accounts kajoke in our family and fine we can just be done spending our money on you. Keep your gifting event uncle scrooge I get it Christmas only for who you deam worthy.

I agree with this 100%. Gifting has been taken away except for Christmas/anniversary. So, this is a “gift”, unlike certain content. So, if someone just started playing, even a year ago, or someone who has been a loyal player for 3 years, but just doesn’t have the time to put into A GAME because they have children, a job, a spouse, a sick parent, you know - a life, they are being punished? A gift is a gift is a gift and should NOT EXCLUDE anyone that supports kabam by giving their time (and money) to the game! Despicable!

Idk, is kabam “dispicable” as your say or the tons of people who complained about the alt accounts etc that practically asked for this. I mean all we saw for a few weeks was post after post asking kabam to implement something And they did. I’m willing to bet at this rate we won’t see this event much longer. Also on tht note, before people say, ya right they won’t want to lose those millions, I’m sure kabam could find a new event style to net them similar profits lol.

The requirement isn’t that bad and at all given they pretty much hand you a roster now capable of act 4 (daughters account had 2 strong 4*s on day two). If anything though I would say tht the ggc was the big concern and they could of just locked tht particular item behind the lvl/act lock
    The requirement isn’t that bad and at all given they pretty much hand you a roster now capable of act 4 (daughters account had 2 strong 4*s on day two). If anything though I would say tht the ggc was the big concern and they could of just locked tht particular item behind the lvl/act lock

Very happy for your daughter, but that is random. When I started playing, I pulled 4* Omega day 2 of playing, however my smaller account did not receive a 4* for 2 months. However, what and when champs/items are received isn’t really the point. Not being able to spend hours a day, or someone who has just started playing are being punished. I understand trying to stop people from opening an account just to gift is wrong, but to punish others who just want to play a cool game isn’t right either. How about saying accounts that are 6-8 months old with solid log ins, or something similar. No matter what is implemented to stop people from being greedy or cheating or w/e, there will ALWAYS be people who will find a way. Punishing loyal players is not the way to do it; and you would think, with ALL of the “great” minds behind the scenes, they could have figured out something more fair to those that have no interest in trying to get one up on everybody.
    And I remember trying to complete Act 4, it wasn’t an easy task. How easy it is to forget when you’ve completed Act6, Act 7
    Runavargr said:

Cynchotic said:

Swank777 said:

Idk, is kabam “dispicable” as your say or the tons of people who complained about the alt accounts etc that practically asked for this. I mean all we saw for a few weeks was post after post asking kabam to implement something And they did. I’m willing to bet at this rate we won’t see this event much longer. Also on tht note, before people say, ya right they won’t want to lose those millions, I’m sure kabam could find a new event style to net them similar profits lol.

And yes, I was a little hasty with using the word “despicable”, but this added to all the bs we’ve been dealing with for months and months, and being very disappointed with July 4th, (knowing what it use to be), it is despicable. Honestly I think anyone who has stuck around and dealt deserves a Christmas gift beyond any gift given before.
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,150 ★★★★

Hey All,

Clarification for Alliance Gifting Event is here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/289243/alliance-gifting-event-14-day-alliance-membership-requirement-clarification/

If you don't want to click the link, here's the content:

We’ve seen a lot of questions about the 14 Day Alliance Membership requirement for the Alliance Gifting event. This is especially important for Summoners who are moving Alliances after the end of the Alliance War Season.

Summoners that join a new Alliance will be able to earn points and rewards for Gifting after they have been in the Alliance for 14 Days.

For example, that means that if you join an Alliance 1 day before the Alliance Gifting Event begins, you will not be able to earn Points or Rewards until the very last day of the Event. Inversely, if you join a new Alliance 13 days before the Alliance Gifting event begins, you will be able to earn points and rewards 1 day after the event has started.

To have an uninterrupted Gifting experience, you should be in an Alliance that you intend to stay in before December 6th.

What about Summoner's who are waiting to collect season rewards which havnt arrived yet?

I was planning on changing Alliances after this season. So now i literally need to choose today whether to bail on my season rewards or to join my new Alliance in time for the "gifting cutoff".

How will this predicament be addressed?
  • GomezlinkGomezlink Posts: 212
    edited December 2021
    I think it's fair at the trade shop on the 10th, to change class 6* awakening gems for generics, since there are only 2 in the game, act 6 and conclusion of the abyss,
    who owns it, if he didn't use it, why didn't he get a good champion...
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,044 ★★★★★
    Feeney234 said:

Hey All,

Clarification for Alliance Gifting Event is here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/289243/alliance-gifting-event-14-day-alliance-membership-requirement-clarification/

We’ve seen a lot of questions about the 14 Day Alliance Membership requirement for the Alliance Gifting event. This is especially important for Summoners who are moving Alliances after the end of the Alliance War Season.

Summoners that join a new Alliance will be able to earn points and rewards for Gifting after they have been in the Alliance for 14 Days.

For example, that means that if you join an Alliance 1 day before the Alliance Gifting Event begins, you will not be able to earn Points or Rewards until the very last day of the Event. Inversely, if you join a new Alliance 13 days before the Alliance Gifting event begins, you will be able to earn points and rewards 1 day after the event has started.

To have an uninterrupted Gifting experience, you should be in an Alliance that you intend to stay in before December 6th.

What about Summoner's who are waiting to collect season rewards which havnt arrived yet?

I was planning on changing Alliances after this season. So now i literally need to choose today whether to bail on my season rewards or to join my new Alliance in time for the "gifting cutoff".

read the announcement, this is not at all the case. You can freely leave your alliance after this coming AQ week and have zero issue with war rewards, aq cycle, or gifting
    Feeney234 said:

Hey All,

Well, it would’ve been addressed with fourth grade-level reading comprehension, but apparently it didn’t work out.

Feeney234 said:

Hey All,

read the announcement, this is not at all the case. You can freely leave your alliance after this coming AQ week and have zero issue with war rewards, aq cycle, or gifting
    I read the announcement. It literally says "To have an uninterrupted Gifting experience, you should be in an Alliance that you intend to stay in before December 6th."

This is clearly a discrepancy with waiting for War Season rewards. What arent you understanding?
    TyEdge said:

Feeney234 said:

Hey All,

Well, it would’ve been addressed with fourth grade-level reading comprehension, but apparently it didn’t work out.
    Not quite sure what you're talking about 🤷‍♂️