**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Tier 1 alphas

Comments

• Options
    GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    6pgwaptza6dk.png

Didn’t grind for one in the arena and I just used 6 yesterday...

Level 53. Sit down.
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited November 2017
    @Grimmbear How often do you buy earn a new 5* champ?

Most in-game grinding won't let you earn more than one per month, so why would 9 T1A in 2 weeks be too few?

Serious question though, what is the fastest possible time to earn a 5* champ assuming a top-tier ally?
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Just saying, spenders can easily get several a month from crystals. I got 2 5* yesterday from spending to try and dupe my Thor
  • Options
    That's probably the big difference then. Milk the whales.
  • Options
    GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    Dexman1349 wrote: »

Most in-game grinding won't let you earn more than one per month, so why would 9 T1A in 2 weeks be too few?

Serious question though, what is the fastest possible time to earn a 5* champ assuming a top-tier ally?

I don't have to spend at this point . I have well over 20k units on my main. I open 3-4 gm crystals a week from units i earn in arena. Easily pull 1 a week, not including the 10k shards i get every 2-3 weeks or so.
  • Options
    AgentEdwardAgentEdward Posts: 65
    6pgwaptza6dk.png

As has already been stated, every single person struggling to get enough alphas used to have a stash like that @AgentEdward

I actually have kept this stash going for about a year now and have never had an issue not getting them
  • Options

Probably about two weeks. Ten days if you spend money.

I've done the math, but a better way to see what's possible for a real person would be to see Dave's video on earning 5* shards: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxFd13BQ3ao

23k shards just through gameplay, with buying offers over 30k, which is three basic 5* champs or two featured crystal openings in one month.
  • Options
    Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    6pgwaptza6dk.png

Well you have a 154k rating with zero r4 5*s or r5 4*s so you really cant relate to the people 2.5x your rating with 6 r4 5*s and 40 r5 4*s.
  • Options
    Love Diggedy Dave, but he's in top tiered everything. Top ranked rewards, top ally, tons of available time to grind.

Top 5% alliance ranked rewards and top tier AW rewards.
    4k from crystals? That's insanely high for normal players.
    Scaled for normal players, we get maybe half that.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Draco2199 wrote: »
    so you really cant relate to the people 2.5x your rating with 6 r4 5*s and 40 r5 4*s.

Less than 5% of the player base can relate to this level.
  • Options
    Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    6pgwaptza6dk.png

It’s like you have ignored this entire thread. Back when I was level 53 and 150k rating, I had 4 or 5 lines of t1as in overflow, as did everyone else complaining about a lack of t1as. When I was your level, I was looking for t4bs and t4ccs to make some champs that were great in aq/aw. Now I’m lookin for t1as and t4bs just to make champs not be totally worthless.
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★

Just because it takes you a month to "grind" for a 5* doesn't mean everyone is on your pace. Those of us who are starving for t1a get 2-4 a month depending on what offers/events are running.
  • Options
    mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    6pgwaptza6dk.png

As has already been stated, every single person struggling to get enough alphas used to have a stash like that @AgentEdward

I still see that there's a lot of ways to get them even as an end game player. you have the opportunity to get 3 every week. plus the amount of what you can buy from glory (and now valor I guess). So even though it costs a ton of T1's to upgrade, you also have more resources to receive these.

But here's the problem with the chatter here. There's very few suggestions as to how they can improve it. Maybe add them in the uncollected Daily crystal.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    People that haven’t ranked at least three 5 stars to r4 just don’t understand yet. I was the same before my ranking had alpha1 oozes out of my inventory. But then after few high end rank ups. Poof. All gone Also i still like ranking 4 stars to at least 3/30. But reluctant to do so to save that precious extra one alpha.
  • Options
    Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    mum_m2 wrote: »
    6pgwaptza6dk.png

I still see that there's a lot of ways to get them even as an end game player. you have the opportunity to get 3 every week. plus the amount of what you can buy from glory (and now valor I guess). So even though it costs a ton of T1's to upgrade, you also have more resources to receive these.

But here's the problem with the chatter here. There's very few suggestions as to how they can improve it. Maybe add them in the uncollected Daily crystal.

High level players don't use glory on t1as.
  • Options
    6pgwaptza6dk.png

Then don't complain about not having any. Most absurd thing I've read in this post. Sorry, not sorry, but start using the means to get what you need not want. Ever heard of two steps back to take a step forward. Done here
  • Options
    Love Diggedy Dave, but he's in top tiered everything. Top ranked rewards, top ally, tons of available time to grind.

Top 5% alliance ranked rewards and top tier AW rewards.
    4k from crystals? That's insanely high for normal players.
    Scaled for normal players, we get maybe half that.

I thought you asked what was possible for someone in a top tier alliance?
  • Options
    waynegcorewaynegcore Posts: 93
    Thank you for starting this thread. This is a huge problem right now which I am not sure Kabam is aware of? @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious This has really messed up player progression.

I do not even rank up my new 4* Champs to Rank 3 anymore because T1A is so scarce. I would love to try out my new 4* champs, but unfortunately cannot.

I can rank up maybe 2 or 3 5* Champs to Rank 2 per month since that costs 5 alone.

I remember when we had these in abundance, personally I would not even care if they did not convert to T2A shards anymore when they were sold, just please, we need T1A more available. The Monthly Event, Glory, etc is simply not enough.

Thanks.
  • Options
    6pgwaptza6dk.png

Then don't complain about not having any. Most absurd thing I've read in this post. Sorry, not sorry, but start using the means to get what you need not want. Ever heard of two steps back to take a step forward. Done here

Your response ignores reality. The three things that top players need (bc they all have t4ccs out the ying yang) are t1as, t4bs, and t2as. Glory and map 6 are the only ways to get t2as. Aq also gives t4b frags and the occasional t4b—but those can’t be opened or t4ccs go to overflow bc there aren’t enough t1as and t4bs to rank 5*s.

This could be resolved if t1as were just added as milestone rewards to all aq maps. Lower players would be able to sell them for t2a frags and upper tier players that need them could get them.

But what is clear, stating that someone should sacrifice glory and not get t2a frags shows you aren’t thinking through the issue. Some day you will understand.
  • Options
    Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    I just don't understand why so many people object to this perfectly intelligent solution, there is an alpha shortage post most days in forums, I play mid level and it is my bottleneck resource by a mile, it is illogical that an early building block should be the bottleneck resource, those who play map 5 alliances shouldn't have to change alliances to earn some alphas or risk disbanding their alliance to run map 3s, do kabam actually want us to slow down and play boring map 3s? Seems a much less logical solution than the very logical solution the OP made, it's really no strain on the game or risking angering players by making alphas available to those who don't mind working for them
  • Options
    FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    Memory lane: we used to complain about the abundance, rather overflow, of t1a’s back when four star champs were the in thing. So, when kabam introduced five stars and increased the t1a reqt for rank up, we didnt complain. Until t1a’s have become scarce.

Moral: dont complain quickly about overflows of items.
  • Options
    xoRIVALoxxoRIVALox Posts: 247
    Also there's 1 in every 3-day alliance event.
    And available in Greater Solo Crystals
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    xoRIVALox wrote: »
    Also there's 1 in every 3-day alliance event.
    And available in Greater Solo Crystals

Thank you for that. I've never got one from a Greater Solo Crystal ever, and I've opened hundreds so even if you are right that's not a thing. And a lot of alliances, ours included, don't have enough arena grinders to get the alpha most of the time for the two 3 day arena quests. But we are aware that they exist.
  • Options
    FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    Kabam can add t1a’s in arena milestones - may it be featured, basic, three star or summoner trials. That way, we could just grind for them.
  • Options
    xoRIVALoxxoRIVALox Posts: 247
    edited November 2017
    Get em from completions, and item use. I do believe they are in both. If I'm desperate I can blast out that 800k arena in a few hours

I don't recall exactly but I stash all solo crystals till months end, I think I average about 100, get 3-4 alpha. It's not a lot, but it's something. And yes I'm currently still short on alphas
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited November 2017
    I asked this before but those of you playing lower AQ maps maybe can answer. Does anything in the game offer t1 alpha fragments? I remember when they didn't exist and then they made t1 alpha fragments available from various things. I thought it was dumb at the time because I had tons of stash alphas. But it's kind of strange to be forever stuck at 1/2 an alpha on fragments with no way to acquire more. Put alpha fragments in the solo quest rewards.
  • Options
    WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
    There was a time when I had over 50 alphas sitting with no good avenue to make use of them. Ended up selling many because of the ridiculous exp. time, and currently have 9 t2's. Then there came a time when I had no alphas and desperately needing them to rank up a few champs, and it seemed like an eternity trying to farm them and shortly after having non once again.

Moral of the story........ IMO, its not about whether or not there is an abundance or shortage. It's about the ridiculous expiration time that Kabam has put on items past inventory limits. Why the limits for inventory on items we work hard to acquire, with the limits being miniscule but limitless in the stash with an expiration clause?
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Run477 wrote: »
    6pgwaptza6dk.png

Your response ignores reality. The three things that top players need (bc they all have t4ccs out the ying yang) are t1as, t4bs, and t2as. Glory and map 6 are the only ways to get t2as. Aq also gives t4b frags and the occasional t4b—but those can’t be opened or t4ccs go to overflow bc there aren’t enough t1as and t4bs to rank 5*s.

This could be resolved if t1as were just added as milestone rewards to all aq maps. Lower players would be able to sell them for t2a frags and upper tier players that need them could get them.

But what is clear, stating that someone should sacrifice glory and not get t2a frags shows you aren’t thinking through the issue. Some day you will understand.

your response ignores the fact that the game is about progression. that's the reality of it. It's a grind to get resources and the matter of which you spend those resources is completely up to you. Fact is T1A is accessible enough to obtain 2-4 of them every week. Arena, plus 2 alliance challenges, plus event quests. Not even counting Glory(and Valor for now) here

It's a solid suggestion though. but it's too easy. They would be so abundant like a t1 basic. So far, I only like the idea of dropping them in the uncollected daily crystal, or giving it out as a rare drop for beating hulk in ROL
  • Options
    Run477 wrote: »
    6pgwaptza6dk.png

your response ignores the fact that the game is about progression. that's the reality of it. It's a grind to get resources and the matter of which you spend those resources is completely up to you. Fact is T1A is accessible enough to obtain 2-4 of them every week. Arena, plus 2 alliance challenges, plus event quests. Not even counting Glory(and Valor for now) here

It's a solid suggestion though. but it's too easy. They would be so abundant like a t1 basic. So far, I only like the idea of dropping them in the uncollected daily crystal, or giving it out as a rare drop for beating hulk in ROL

Huh? My argument ignores that the game is about “progression” so your argument for how people in higher aq tiers to get more t1as is to delay progression (burn glory on t1as instead of t2as) or regress (run map 3 aq and hope for a t1a). Good grief.

Every player around 75k to 140k will have t1as out the ying yang. It was supposed to be an easily attainable resource for purposes if ranking 4*s. The harder item was the t4b and the rare item was the t4cc.

Now, the scarcest item for many people is the t1a (besides t2as of course). The suggestion that individuals waste glory or valor on those items is utterly ludicrous. It makes far more sense to just sit there with a stash of t4cc crystals, aq crystals, and t4cc frag crystals in your crystal storage than open them and have catalysts expire (since u can’t even sell them).

This is a recognized problem for a lot of people. Perhaps you think that using your glory or valor on this item is beneficial—I don’t know how you think that and this is coming from someone who has had to waste glory on these t1as to avoid having other catalysts expire. It stagnates your future growth for very short term gain—it’s like taking a 5* rhino to r4 for “prestige” and then complaining that you don’t have t2as to take an actual good champ later and now you need rank down tickets bc of short-sightedness.

And for the record, I also run the t1a arena every week and our alliance awaus gets a t1a from item use and completion and usually gets an alpha from the two arena events also. I’m still always out of them.

But hey, it’s cool. I will just stagnate where I am since I can’t get t1as and spend the next two years trying to rank up my 5*s. This whole topic is getting ridiculous. Just make t1as a rank reward for maps 5 and 6 and let’s move on.
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    You can’t have enough resources for every champ in this game. Then there’s no point of choosing who you rank up. Something has to come in slower than others so you have to make rank up decisions. I get that high level players need every single resource but you can’t conplain about not having enough when you don’t get as much as you per week because you spend glory elsewhere. I don’t but t4 basics with glory and I get maybe 2 a week. I don’t conplain about it. I just rank up champs slower. I rank up my new 4*s when I get them and I have 3 rank 4 5*s and several rank 3s as well. I just don’t tank up every single champ I get. I rank up ones I want to test out most of the time