**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance Wars Discussion 2.0

Comments

• KwAmOnKwAmOn Posts: 108
    See why I encourage all to stop trying to respond to someone that does not represent the view of the majority? Let it be. He has his point, and that is that. Let's move on and only comment on people bringing ideas to improve.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    I've been expressing my views. People have different opinions. I'm sorry if that's outside the logic of the majority, but I'm also not looking at it from the perspective that those metrics are absolutely necessary. I've already said they could readd them and I'd still be against them. It has nothing to do with siding with Kabam. The issues with them speak for themselves. Issues that very few can see because they're arguing for them. I've been accused of repeating the same thing, but the majority of other comments we've heard revolve around Defender Kills, or suggestions that equate the same thing. Which is equally as repetitive. I'm all for hearing different suggestions if there are any. Thus far, all I've seen are suggestions to the same effect. Save for a few I've said I would have no issues with. If people want to dog on me because I have a different view, it doesn't affect me. However, the conversation is not going much further until we get past Defender Kills. That's no more my doing than anyone else's.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★
    Defender kills is the only viable solution to fix war(or an equivalent metric for performance). Anything else mentioned here is basically wasted forum space. Kabam won't bring them back though, because they don't care to listen to us. They might as well comment on here that defender kills are not coming back regardless of what is posted here and close the thread.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★
    Happy Thanksgiving
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Omni wrote: »
    Happy thanksgiving @GroundedWisdom. I hope no one mistook you for a turkey today because your attitude is fowl.

That’s terrible, and I’m a dad.
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    Draco2199 wrote: »
    No door was closed. I'm still here. I'm just not engaging in a discussion about what Tier I'm in or what Rank my Champs are in relation to Defender Kills. I said I have experience organizing Wins. I also said it's entirely possible to have a high success rate if you plan accordingly, and play within the range of the capability of your Ally. It's about finding the sweet spot where your Ally functions best, opening Wars at times where you know people are free, and sometimes not running Wars 3 times a week. We don't like losing. I didn't say what Tier I'm in because it doesn't matter. When we're talking about the War system that affects all Players, that is what I'm addressing, i.e. Defender Kills, Diversity, etc.

Defender kills should be returned diversity failed. TOP alliances dont see diverse defenses anymore and no one can match our defender ratings. Its a for sure win especially when we manipulate who we fight.

As was mentioned, the significance of Diversity and Defender Rating is intended to be tie breakers more than anything. If the lineup is still the same, all that does is highlight why Defender Kills are best removed. As for Rating, that's pretty much how it should be. Larger Allies will win regardless. Quite plainly, Allies with lower Ratings really shouldn't be in the highest Tiers.

Yeah why win on skill lol.
    No door was closed. I'm still here. I'm just not engaging in a discussion about what Tier I'm in or what Rank my Champs are in relation to Defender Kills. I said I have experience organizing Wins. I also said it's entirely possible to have a high success rate if you plan accordingly, and play within the range of the capability of your Ally. It's about finding the sweet spot where your Ally functions best, opening Wars at times where you know people are free, and sometimes not running Wars 3 times a week. We don't like losing. I didn't say what Tier I'm in because it doesn't matter. When we're talking about the War system that affects all Players, that is what I'm addressing, i.e. Defender Kills, Diversity, etc.

Defender kills should be returned diversity failed. TOP alliances dont see diverse defenses anymore and no one can match our defender ratings. Its a for sure win especially when we manipulate who we fight.

As was mentioned, the significance of Diversity and Defender Rating is intended to be tie breakers more than anything. If the lineup is still the same, all that does is highlight why Defender Kills are best removed. As for Rating, that's pretty much how it should be. Larger Allies will win regardless. Quite plainly, Allies with lower Ratings really shouldn't be in the highest Tiers.

Yeah why win on skill lol.

Why go back to the other lineup if it doesn't require skill?
    It does require skill to get past Nodes. Difference is, no one is losing for dying. Kills are not necessary for skill. Been saying that all along.

How many expert tier fights have you done? Its easy especially with blade Minis n bosses are solo'd.
  • chunkybchunkyb Posts: 1,453 Content Creator
    edited November 2017
    What does "kills are not necessary for skill" mean?

Sorry. Keyboard went stupid
    It does require skill to get past Nodes. Difference is, no one is losing for dying. Kills are not necessary for skill. Been saying that all along.

How many expert tier fights have you done? Its easy especially with blade Minis n bosses are solo'd.

Clearly it's not easy for everyone, or people wouldn't be placing repeat blockades in spite of the fact that there are no Kill metrics. The argument is not about skill at all. It's about penalizing the opponent for dying and winning with Kills.

Clearly it's not easy for everyone, or people wouldn't be placing repeat blockades in spite of the fact that there are no Kill metrics. The argument is not about skill at all. It's about penalizing the opponent for dying and winning with Kills.

So it's better to penalize skilled players?

So it's better to penalize skilled players?
    War isn't about who is better because they died less. Never has been. It's about Points. Winning because you have the most Points. Sorry, but you're not going to convince me that people are being penalized by having no Defender Kills.

Isn't it called war? I didn't know it was called alliance defender rating battle. I guess I'm wrong. Most wars are won by ratings not actual fighting and skill. So I guess your right.
    It's about Points. It really doesn't matter where the Points come from. It's also called Alliance Wars. Not Personal Skill Wars. Allies work together to gain the most Points, and gain the Win. However the Points come. Somehow it's become a gauge of how skilled Players are because they took personal stock in Kills, but all those Kills amount to at the end of the day are Points. The metrics no longer exist, and it still takes skill to complete, whether people agree with that or not. The point of War is not to separate those who do and do not die. It's to work as an Ally to try and gain the most Points. As I said before, this debate is going nowhere because we have very different views so I'm not going to keep stating my own over and over with this aspect of the conversation. It's called War. That doesn't mean we're on the beaches of Normandy counting heads lost.
    It's about Points. It really doesn't matter where the Points come from. It's also called Alliance Wars. Not Personal Skill Wars. Allies work together to gain the most Points, and gain the Win. However the Points come. Somehow it's become a gauge of how skilled Players are because they took personal stock in Kills, but all those Kills amount to at the end of the day are Points. The metrics no longer exist, and it still takes skill to complete, whether people agree with that or not. The point of War is not to separate those who do and do not die. It's to work as an Ally to try and gain the most Points. As I said before, this debate is going nowhere because we have very different views so I'm not going to keep stating my own over and over with this aspect of the conversation. It's called War. That doesn't mean we're on the beaches of Normandy counting heads lost.

How does it not seperate them with this setup?

Bigger alliances get automatic wins cuz they have more diversity and higher ratings. We can't be beat by lower alliances which creates a huge imbalance in the game. I haven't lost a war since the new setup LOL.
    So you're saying lower Allies were beating you before? Pretty sure that wouldn't be the case the majority of the time regardless. We had Allies that were placed in vastly sparse Matches and the Tiers were not at all in tune with an Ally's size or power. I'm really quite done with the debate right now. It's not going anywhere.
  • Lmao. Yes gw, in old war... It was totally possible for a lower rated alliance to beat a higher rated alliance. The reason is that word you hate... Skill. My alliance specialized in beating alliances that were 3m higher than us. We never actually beat a +4 alliance but we got really, really close. And you know what? Even tho the matchup sucked, it was fun as hell. Those guys were scared and embarrassed and tried like hell to recruit us every time. Because of skill.

See the matchup issues would have been much easier to fix directly than screwing up wars. And they'd have made everyone happier instead of making every competitive player miserable.

Either way. Skill is a real thing. It's something competitive players hone. Not getting dead is part of that skill. Stop trying to strip skill from the equation and replace with collecting and r4ing every champ.
    I didn't strip skill from the equation. I said Defender Kills are not necessary for skill. Taking shots at me won't change the fact that they're gone. The argument is false because it's not about skill at all. It's about the Wins people gained from Kills. You could just as easily make the statement that people have to use skill now because they can't rely on Kills for the Wins. Depends on what perspective you look at, I suppose.

Well competitive alliances want skill back in the game. We aren't casual gamers that play map 3.

How do you make the argument that skill is needed now? KILLS DONT COUNT so you can die 15x with no penalty so just buy the wins as long as your alliance has a higher rating. Listen we get the white knight trolling thats going on, congrats! Going against the majority on every issue just to create a hostile environment. But kabam allows it so its really on them. Most players want defender kills to return, the majority of their paying customers want it returned but free casual players are the one that get the say even though they don't keep the game going by spending.

This discussion has been closed.