**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Parry Input Issue - Android Devices [Merged Threads]

Comments

• DukenpukeDukenpuke Posts: 658 ★★★
    Dukenpuke said:

I created this video with screen press bubbles enabled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS9OOaabWj0

Screen capture showing press bubbles prior to attack landing:

Screen capture showing me getting kicked in the face:

This was recorded on a Pixel 3 running Android 12 at 2160x1080 at 60 FPS.
  • I'm using the S20 Ultra 5G and I'm having parry fails, blocked dropping and having the opponent seems to be unblockable and they shouldn't be
  • mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 992 ★★★★

Hey Everyone

We are trying to troubleshoot the issue actively right now. I have a QA member with a Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G which I've noticed has been mentioned a couple of times in the thread but he hasn't been able to see the issue. Our guess is that certain settings may be causing the issue so for those users with a Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G would you be able to let me know what your screen resolution, frame rate, and any other performance settings are?

If we can repro it on our end it will be far easier to verify any potential fix actually works, so any information is super helpful.

Samsung Galaxy S20 5G
    SOC: Qualcomm Snapdragon 865
    Screen Resolution: WQHD+ (3200 x 1440)
    Frame Rate: 30fps
    Refresh Rate: 60Hz
    Samsung One UI V4.0
    Android OS 12
  • DukenpukeDukenpuke Posts: 658 ★★★
    Dukenpuke said:

Dukenpuke said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS9OOaabWj0

Screen capture showing press bubbles prior to attack landing:

Screen capture showing me getting kicked in the face:

New video with FPS showing on-screen.

https://youtu.be/cYKfAAESwLA
  • wappykidwappykid Posts: 94
    I was about to ask why I wasn't noticing any issue I did arena,and story quest for over an hour with issues and then like someone flipped a switch half of AI specials leaves me rooted can't dex or block if I wasn't already blocking before they released it.
  • rojiblanco555rojiblanco555 Posts: 63
    edited February 2022

Hey Everyone

We are trying to troubleshoot the issue actively right now. I have a QA member with a Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G which I've noticed has been mentioned a couple of times in the thread but he hasn't been able to see the issue. Our guess is that certain settings may be causing the issue so for those users with a Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G would you be able to let me know what your screen resolution, frame rate, and any other performance settings are?

If we can repro it on our end it will be far easier to verify any potential fix actually works, so any information is super helpful.

Kabam Zero I did a post yesterday about a bug related to the frame rate after the update and was deleted in less than a minute I do not why
    Check the video
    The temporary solution was to temporary reduce the screen settings from 120hz to 60hz and the lag was gone but I guess not all phones have this capability. Mine is a OnePlus 8T
    As you can see in the video Doom at the begging of the fight seems to be stuck/lagged when running to the center
    FYI on the video my phone was on 120hz when lagged and to do a 5-hit combo was nearly impossible because doom slapped most of times when trying to do a normal 5-hit combo and I neeeded to do very slow combos to avoid the slap

https://youtu.be/L2nziG-tpM4

Below my phone stats

• Draconic_12Draconic_12 Posts: 997 ★★★★★
    It's also happening on Google pixel
  • Hawkt1Hawkt1 Posts: 182
    So we have to go in to aq and fail then, great
  • pikapika Posts: 74
    Dukenpuke said:

Dukenpuke said:

Dukenpuke said:

https://w

New video with FPS showing on-screen.

https://youtu.be/cYKfAAESwLA
    The 3rd party FPS meter most we have on play store are not working on mcoc properly, look at this example from the build in FPS counter on the phone

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,977 ★★★★★
    Shinyuu said:

Starhawk said:

Shinyuu said:

Hey Everyone

So this post confirms what I thought you don't test on Android. You had to go find a QA member that had an Android to even see what millions of players are experiencing right now. Got it MCOC is exclusive for Apple. Thank you made my decision to call it quits easier because I like many other players were on the fence of being done. I'm done ✌🏻
    I believe you are not interpreting this correctly. Pretty sure they test on Android (although not very well as this release shows). The issue is one of their normal test devices wasn't one of the ones listed in this thread (to replicate the issue).

Now i am not that familiar with unity having only worked on one small project before using it but if they were releasing without testing on an android device period they would have had a lot more issues over time than they have had (yes it could be worst)
    A multi million dollar company can't release a single update without the game messing up? I know companies that make no where near what MCOC make that push updates better. They could hire more people to test the game on both devices. It's what 50k a year for a game tester? That's what 1 persons account who whaled out during gifting not even counting the millions of others that did or what they spent through the year. They didn't even cancel the war. They're not even delaying AQ even though they clearly see a lot of people are having issues. They tested it on an Apple device said looks good to me and pushed it out and then when Android users post multiple threads about the issue they track down someone who has an Android phone. New EQ starts tomorrow and guess Android users can not participate. Android users have to tell their alliances sorry guys couldn't clear my path in war or AQ in a few minutes today because I can't parry, dex, or even block half the time. It's always been an Apple game we Android users just need to accept that and move on to something else.
    Which games?

Both devices? How much do you know about Android OS's?

iOS users were having this issue before Android users did and it's not all android users.

Kabam doesn't get the revenue, Netmarble gets the revenue. It's also not as much as you might think seeing that both Apple and Google take roughly 30% from each transaction. Not to mention all the other stuff that has to be paid, like you know, Marvel.
  • Ghostrunner01Ghostrunner01 Posts: 144 ★★
    Kabam Boo said:

Hi folks, if you don't mind, we'd like to get some clarification on something.

When you press for Block, would you say that the timing of the block and when you press is off? Or, is it that when you press for Block, the Champion does not Block at all?

As always, any videos of these occurrences would be very helpful to the team! Thanks in advance! :)

The timing of the block and when i press it is off. I personally am pressing block at the normal/correct time to parry, however I'm getting hit anyways. I have learned since the update if I press block earlier than the normal expected time then the parry is successful.
  • SearwSearw Posts: 4
    So i use magneto versus bot tech in Aq
    U Parry but bots are unblockable
    First day lol
    Kabam stop it plz 😡😡
    🤣It s a nightmare
    Android oneplus 9
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    i think they should cancel war until the y fix the issues that's going on right now.
  • Unabonger97Unabonger97 Posts: 48
    Same here the game is completely broke I updated yesterday I have a note 20 ultra and parry is absolutely broken now this game is such a joke after 6 years I think it's time to hang it up
  • Unabonger97Unabonger97 Posts: 48
    The game is broke I have a note 20 ultra and parry is completely broke since update after 6 years I think this may be the straw that broke the camels back time to retire the headache machine that has become mcoc
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    Galaxy s20fe and it's bad bad. Need to effectively guess whether or not the defender will attack to hit block soon enough. AQ is a nightmare.