**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Introducing the next Campaign Progression Level: Paragon!

Comments

• Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,073 ★★★★★
    Cycobilly said:

Using AW rewards as justification is pretty bad, especially since the catties were only available to Master (top 20) until this season

I can see requiring 2… but 3 only really caters to top top .01% of MCOC

And as a warning, any Paragon deals on July 4 better not be insanely higher than TB (like the difference between Cav and TB is now)

But that's exactly what this title is intended for right out of the gate. It's meant for those who don't have much if anything other than high tier AQ and AW. it's not meant for someone that isn't at that point yet.
    Then introduced new WAR TITLE 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ Taking alliances as factors heavily into deciding the SOLO CONTENT TITLE don't make any sense. This is progression title. It's meant everybody but if the basics are gated behind spending and justification is made on grounds that Players must be in high tier Aq and Aw 😕😕😕😕 if I am not wrong there's difference how player will play 7.4.6 and how one will play AW t3 . I thought the fundamentals were kind of different 🤔🤔 So i have completed Gauntlet,SOP and explored 7.4 but don't have enough material to r3 4 6 star champs cuz I didn't WHALED GIFTING EVENT, I DIDN'T PURCHASED THAT SO SUDDENLY IMPORTANT 7.4 10K UNIT DEAL( "DIDN'T PURCHASED").
    So for the solo content I am at 100% but what I lack is Spending and be in 0.1% of player base engaged in ALLIANCE MODES for the PROGRESSION title of solo mode 😶😶😶😶😶 Interesting

Using AW rewards as justification is pretty bad, especially since the catties were only available to Master (top 20) until this season

And as a warning, any Paragon deals on July 4 better not be insanely higher than TB (like the difference between Cav and TB is now)

But that's exactly what this title is intended for right out of the gate. It's meant for those who don't have much if anything other than high tier AQ and AW. it's not meant for someone that isn't at that point yet.
    Then introduced new WAR TITLE 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ Taking alliances as factors heavily into deciding the SOLO CONTENT TITLE don't make any sense. This is progression title. It's meant everybody but if the basics are gated behind spending and justification is made on grounds that Players must be in high tier Aq and Aw 😕😕😕😕 if I am not wrong there's difference how player will play 7.4.6 and how one will play AW t3 . I thought the fundamentals were kind of different 🤔🤔 So i have completed Gauntlet,SOP and explored 7.4 but don't have enough material to r3 4 6 star champs cuz I didn't WHALED GIFTING EVENT, I DIDN'T PURCHASED THAT SO SUDDENLY IMPORTANT 7.4 10K UNIT DEAL( "DIDN'T PURCHASED").
    So for the solo content I am at 100% but what I lack is Spending and be in 0.1% of player base engaged in ALLIANCE MODES for the PROGRESSION title of solo mode 😶😶😶😶😶 Interesting
    It’s 3 r4 6 stars not 4 r3. And it has nothing to do with war. You barely get any r4 materials from war. And most people in my ally didn’t buy that deal it was way overpriced and most have 3r4s. Most of that material came from carinas, SOP and 7.4.
    Yeah there was typo . It's r4 not r3. As you said content gave r4 materials but not enough for 3. So what was other option left ???? Oh yeah super important deals and gifting event.
    Btw you are implying 10 k unit deal was over prices yet it somehow crucial to get to 3 r4s. Something doesn't add up, right ??
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★

Believe it or not, you can wait to get Paragon. If you don't get it on the first day, that's okay, your account won't just explode or get deleted. It's not going anywhere

My problem is that in the meantime, I’m gonna get second rate deals in July fourth, and my units/cash is gonna be worth less.
    Gee thanks kabam, I have 30 r3 six stars, I’m so happy you’re selling me a generic five star awakening gem.
    Well I mean so what? It's not Kabams fault you haven't met the requirements despite all the opportunities to do so in the game.
  • Options
    Darkraw346Darkraw346 Posts: 2,020 ★★★★
    In the in gamevmessage about the title you see Superior Kang in the picture, and even the symbol of Paragon resembles Superior Kang's face, with the colors and all... so this title is obviously inspired by him, like how The uncollected is about The collector and how Thronebreaker is about The Grandmaster, in that case why did u call this title Paragon? It has nothing to do with Superior Kang... maybe something with the term Superior or something about time or multiverse but Paragon? Even Superior Kang himself isnt Paragon (well, maybe kinda... MAYBE, but even then I'm sure that wasnt your intention) so why Paragon?
  • Options

Jaded said:

Idk why progression titles have to be tied to rank ups. Bad form to continue this trend imo.

Because we can no longer tie them to Story Content without significantly raising the difficulty again, and that's not what players want. They are not just a random reward, but a differentiator for where Players are in-game, what content would be a challenge to them, and what rewards they need to move forward.

Roster strength is a better indicator than just having completed Act 7 now.
    In other words, Skills don't value that much but spending cuz I don't see a single reason why it is not gated Ike TB where you have to ton of content or burn the soul in AOL but everyone had fair and equal shot at PROGRESSION TITLE.
    But this one is totally SPENDING TITLE .
    Which title was not able to be obtained by spending?
    UC,Cav,TB
    That's not true. All of those titles can be obtained by spending.
    I would like to hear the argument cuz I didn't spend single penny on this. UC done BY holy Trinity ( 4*s). Cav before nerf on main account too. For TB did abyss. I think we don't even need units for it. Grinding revives is enough
    Just because YOU personally didn't do it doesn't mean it can't be achieved. There are many, many people that play this game that spend to blaze through content faster. They buy units to buy pots, revives and energy just to power their way through content.

No title in the game requires spending but all titles can be achieved by spending.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

And so, as you can imagine, progression wise - after 6 years in the game, I feel that I should be at the top.

DESPITE ALL THIS I only have 2 r4 six stars and only half the rank up materials for a 3rd, and so fall short on the new Paragon title.
    How could this be?

This is because the Paragon title is built for the future, not right now.

Right now, end game players who are already Paragon should be fairly low because the game is built to last. You confess yourself that you haven’t done everything in the game, but you still feel you should be on the top. That’s the issue, most are basing this on feelings. They feel they deserve to be at the top automatically, without thinking about the future of the game.
  • Options

You still can't see the point at it amazes me.

There are constant R4 mats if you place in top 45 AQ and that's every 8 days.

There are constant R4 mats in season rewards for Plat 2 and above.

This is why they include AQ and AW in their calculations because those mats are there if you're willing to get them. You don't have to be a whale to have 3 R4's and you don't have to be a big spender in AQ or AW to get 3 R4's, you just have to be willing to put in the work.

Now, a disclaimer for AW, you can't be a scrub player and stay in a high tier war alliance. So yes, you'll need some skill there.
    Lol😂😂😂😂 your point don't make sense at all. You are implying that those Aqs and Aws had enough to give r4 6 star champ. Just see how much actually we were getting in each tier😂😂 you missed the point by miles again.

Let me put it into simple words again
    How far it's fair to put a solo content gated behind competitive mode for justification of spending.

I don't see players with 3 r4s casually in p2 alliances as we face them om regular basis.

By the that personal attack/provocation was really crafty one at the end. But I don't mind such things. I'm just waiting for the answer
  • Options
    FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★

And so, as you can imagine, progression wise - after 6 years in the game, I feel that I should be at the top.

DESPITE ALL THIS I only have 2 r4 six stars and only half the rank up materials for a 3rd, and so fall short on the new Paragon title.
    How could this be?

This is because the Paragon title is built for the future, not right now.

Right now, end game players who are already Paragon should be fairly low because the game is built to last. You confess yourself that you haven’t done everything in the game, but you still feel you should be on the top. That’s the issue, most are basing this on feelings. They feel they deserve to be at the top automatically, without thinking about the future of the game.
    Bold of you to ask people to apply logic to their complaints and not go off pure emotion.
  • Options
    SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★

I'm not even mad I just find it funny people are trying to justify a title being behind playing t1 AW + 100% all r4 material content (including timed content) and getting unit offers

When previously you could do 1 path of abyss/explore act 6 and earn the highest progression title.

If they keep with this kind of escalation I'm genuinely curious what the next title will look like

Previously, titles used to be linked to quest progression. That’s why progressing in quests could guarantee it. Titles are no longer linked to quest progression. That’s why this title is not guaranteed by completing content.
    Thronebreaker was not solely tied to quest progression either, that's the whole point of the rank up requirement in addition to the act completion.
    100%ing Act 6 is progressing in quests, abyss is progressing in quests. At the time of release I believe they were the only places to get T5cc full, hence TB was tied to quest progression at the time of release.
    That's not what a quest progression title is, uncollected was a quest progression title. You beat the collector and claim your title.

Thronebreaker was complete act 6 and have a r3. There's no exact stipulation on how you attained the r3 the same as there's no exact stipulation on how you come to have 3 r4s.

You can spend your way there, chance your way there by luck or earn it through available content.
    The only difference being there's a lot less leeway to earn 3 r4 champs.

Also act 6 wasn't even meant to be the initial completion requirement for TB iirc, it was changed after act 7 delay.
    Either way I don't really mind, I just think in terms of the initial cutoff for being able to earn the title this is by far the steepest they've ever released. Which has me interested in how high they're willing to set the peak from now
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

Believe it or not, you can wait to get Paragon. If you don't get it on the first day, that's okay, your account won't just explode or get deleted. It's not going anywhere

My problem is that in the meantime, I’m gonna get second rate deals in July fourth, and my units/cash is gonna be worth less.
    Gee thanks kabam, I have 30 r3 six stars, I’m so happy you’re selling me a generic five star awakening gem.
    Likely, you will be able to get your third before July 4th, if not, big deal. Why should you get the better deals if you do not meet the requirements for it? Should we just get rid of title based offers so everyone's units/cash will be worth the same? I mean, do you have an issue with Cav's and UC's units/cash being "worth less" than TB's? Or is it only an issue because it affects you?
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    edited April 2022

It should be two R4s...

Too easy
  • Options

You still can't see the point at it amazes me.

There are constant R4 mats if you place in top 45 AQ and that's every 8 days.

There are constant R4 mats in season rewards for Plat 2 and above.

This is why they include AQ and AW in their calculations because those mats are there if you're willing to get them. You don't have to be a whale to have 3 R4's and you don't have to be a big spender in AQ or AW to get 3 R4's, you just have to be willing to put in the work.

Now, a disclaimer for AW, you can't be a scrub player and stay in a high tier war alliance. So yes, you'll need some skill there.
    Lol😂😂😂😂 your point don't make sense at all. You are implying that those Aqs and Aws had enough to give r4 6 star champ. Just see how much actually we were getting in each tier😂😂 you missed the point by miles again.

Let me put it into simple words again
    How far it's fair to put a solo content gated behind competitive mode for justification of spending.

I don't see players with 3 r4s casually in p2 alliances as we face them om regular basis.

By the that personal attack/provocation was really crafty one at the end. But I don't mind such things. I'm just waiting for the answer
    There's no point in explaining any of this to you anymore and that last part wasn't directed at you, it was a generalization of being in competitive AW.

This is the last time I'll say this, AW and AQ are a part of the puzzle, not the end all, be all source of R4 mats. ✌️🌀☁️🌡️🌟☔🪵🪵❄️🌪️🌫️🌟⛅☁️⛅🪵❄️🍁🌿🍂☘️🌫️🐵🐺🌙🐶🌍🪐☄️
  • Options

So here's my breakdown of what's been possible in-game through events. I've excluded any cash offers and high tier alliance play. Anybody willing to fact check me here?

Personally a bit miffed that this announcement comes so late after the Act 7.4 drop. I'm one, of certainly many, that played through already and passed on the unit offer at the end.

You can't exclude high tier alliance play if you're looking to equate this to the title requirements.
  • Options
    CloudOfContemptCloudOfContempt Posts: 97 ★★

So here's my breakdown of what's been possible in-game through events. I've excluded any cash offers and high tier alliance play. Anybody willing to fact check me here?

Personally a bit miffed that this announcement comes so late after the Act 7.4 drop. I'm one, of certainly many, that played through already and passed on the unit offer at the end.

You can't exclude high tier alliance play if you're looking to equate this to the title requirements.
    I know it was a part of their checklist, I only excluded it because of the varying degrees of possible rewards. I was wanting to see what the gap would be between hard totals and said alliance play. I haven't done the math to look up the total possible from AQ and AW, but just based on what I see here it'd still be a steep hill to get over with those events.
  • Options
    KILLMФИGЕЯKILLMФИGЕЯ Posts: 122 ★★
    edited April 2022
    I love that finally get a new progression title BUT no title should be required to “purchase a deal” to achieve! That part is absolute garbage and in poor taste.

Also, how can we have a new title when you give out 5* sig stones in the highest difficulty side quests or we still have Cav crystals and Cav eq? No thronebreaker anything.

So with Paragon, are replacing cav crystals? are we getting a higher difficulty side quest, event quest? Monthly quest? If not, then please don’t put another progression title in just for the sake of pushing spring cleaning or July 4th deals
  • Options
    The_man001The_man001 Posts: 624 ★★★
    edited April 2022

May i ask how many f2ps are there in high tier alliances u r saying of. Leave of f2p how many moderate spenders get place in that tier alliances?
  • Options
    KiwerKiwer Posts: 2
    This is totally unfair #kabam I love this game but this is getting too crazy, I do have all the requirements except to play in higher tier competitive alliance. I just don’t have time to play in top alliance now, work, school, kids, wife etc I currently play in a gold2 chill alliance, I do have 3 6*s r4 I did SPENT A LOT MONEY in this game so far, sometimes I do have problems with the wife because I spent on this game but what about us? People who still spending on this game, who has everything 100% we do deserve the title too! People have a life out of this game! #disappointing 😔
  • Options
    edited April 2022

Jaded said:

Idk why progression titles have to be tied to rank ups. Bad form to continue this trend imo.

Because we can no longer tie them to Story Content without significantly raising the difficulty again, and that's not what players want. They are not just a random reward, but a differentiator for where Players are in-game, what content would be a challenge to them, and what rewards they need to move forward.

Roster strength is a better indicator than just having completed Act 7 now.
    In other words, Skills don't value that much but spending cuz I don't see a single reason why it is not gated Ike TB where you have to ton of content or burn the soul in AOL but everyone had fair and equal shot at PROGRESSION TITLE.
    But this one is totally SPENDING TITLE .
    Which title was not able to be obtained by spending?
    UC,Cav,TB
    That's not true. All of those titles can be obtained by spending.
    I would like to hear the argument cuz I didn't spend single penny on this. UC done BY holy Trinity ( 4*s). Cav before nerf on main account too. For TB did abyss. I think we don't even need units for it. Grinding revives is enough
    Just because YOU personally didn't do it doesn't mean it can't be achieved. There are many, many people that play this game that spend to blaze through content faster. They buy units to buy pots, revives and energy just to power their way through content.

No title in the game requires spending but all titles can be achieved by spending.
    And hence you proved yourself wrong again 😂😂😂😂😂
    First of all, those titles were not gated behind spending only. Anyone with skills can do it. So spending had advantage but it doesn't monopolized it day 1

Now to your next point. Yes new title is only accessible though spending. There's no way in this world where i can get to 3 r4s by 100%guantlet,SOP and act 7. Unless i purchased the deals
    And you cant even put valid point as why Solo content is being gates now behind alliance/competitive mode.😂😂😂 Seriously read your own post first. You are contradicting your own points one by one 😂😂😂

Spending nature of alliance differ than Solo spending. And you are arguing the solo should be gated behind the spending requirement plus justifying INCLUDANCE of alliance too as deciding factor for SOLO PROGRESSION.😂😂😂😂i am excited your answer but seems you will only divert but will not answer😂
  • Options

May i ask how many f2ps are there in high tier alliances u r saying of. Leave of f2p how many moderate spenders get place in that tier alliances?
    I don't know. I don't have that data. I just know they exist.
  • Options
    TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,751 ★★★★★

Typhoon said:

Unpopular opinion: I've been playing this game since it launched and spent about $30k+ since I started. This time around I am not in any rush to rank up to Paragon like I was with Thronebreaker. I have most of the champions I want and do not feel a super rush to get more daily crystals with a little extra stuff. Until we get Thronebreaker crystals, 7 stars, or thronebreaker EQ stuff, I can wait.

You all can knock yourselves out fighting rushing to get to Paragon. Gas and food cost too damn much for me to rush and spend on this game. Will wait.

You've spent $30k on this game but gas and food cost too much.

Maybe that’s why gas and food costs too much lol
    seems likely :D
  • Options
    TrenzaloreTrenzalore Posts: 182 ★★★
    I’m sure this Friday with the spring cleaning event they will offer rank 4 materials for $200-$400.
  • Options
    Yaron_avivYaron_aviv Posts: 37

Well I mean so what? It's not Kabams fault you haven't met the requirements despite all the opportunities to do so in the game.
    Lol
    Impossible requirements unless I shell out obscene amounts of cash. More than just the sigil or the unit card, which I consider basic subscription fees.
    Doing any piece of content was simply not even close to enough. Requirements, HAH.

And mark my words, there were t3a and t6b in the TB deals last Black Friday, those will be gone come July 4th.
    Exactly the way that when TB came, they scrubbed the t5cc from the cavalier deals between July fourth and Black Friday - so you couldn’t even use units to help with your progression l.

Two years later I’m still VERY sore over it. I almost left the game then, I might just do it now.
  • Options
    TheParasiteTheParasite Posts: 416 ★★
    edited April 2022

Hey all,

There was one point missing, and I know it's going to be a contentious one, but I want to be transparent. A majority of F2P players that have 3x R4 Champions (yes, they do exist) purchased the 10k Unit Offer at the end of Act 7 Chapter 4. For those that did not, or still have content to complete/missed SoP, there is still content coming that will help you get to Paragon.

This is not meant to be accessible to everybody the day that it drops, the same way the Thronebreaker was not, and is a new title to grind and fight for.

Don't you ever think that 10K unit offer is worth more than $300 worth, still you are taking that as a consideration and arguing, that is so cheap thinking from the back end making that as a statement of calculation wheres to get 3R4s is impossible ever by playing the game.